PDA

View Full Version : Friday hellos

Blondie
December 14th, 2012, 07:47 AM

Happy Friday Folksies

Coffee in one hand, Gracie on my lap, fluffy warm quilt on my lap, hubby's sweet kiss on the cheek as he left for work a lingering memory . . . ahhhh, life is good.

I don't know about y'all but the winter colds, sneezing and flu seem to have arrived in my area. Had quite a few cancellations last week due to my peeps not feeling too well. Wondering about this weekend. Yesterday was a decent day at work, although I did get notice that my rent will be going up. Merry Christmas and keep the change, you filthy animal. After all these months, still haven't found anyone to work in the salon with me. Not that I mind being alone, I've gotten rather used to it.

I have lost track of who I've made for and what I have left to finish. Don't tell me to check my list. I think it got wrapped up in one of the boxes under my tree. I do not like wrapping pressies. I like receiving pressies, but, no likey wrappy them. One year during Christmas season I worked in the gift wrapping dept of a huge dept store in downtown Columbia SC. They didn't ask me to wrap next season. The next season I worked front of the store in the jewelry and fragrance. There is a good reason why I wasn't asked for a comeback. I was terrible at gift wrapping. I am certain that the mgmt received one call too many about lopsided bows and sloppy taping. Whenever my SSB gets to opening boxes on Christmas morn, she will understand. Actually, anyone that has received any package in the mail from me will understand. I believe in tape. Lots of it. I don't trust any mail person or machinery to treat any package gently or with care.

Off to see if there is any coffee in the perc and to grab a piece of Orange Slice cake. O.M.G. The sun may not be out for a few more hours but my world is shining.

Prayers for my dear ones and their loved ones. Extra hugs to go around for all.

SMILE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Musical_Starling
December 14th, 2012, 07:58 AM
Happy Friday!! :D:D Happier for me because I'm getting lots done now that that bugger of a table runner is finished lol Got another table runner complete (one of the 10-minute jobbies) and all of the charm squares sewn together for my twister wreath. Now to add a white border and get to chopping! Can't wait :D Need to do a little shopping first though. My little girl (cat) Tinkerbelle goes for her spay surgery today, I know I'll be nervous until the vet calls and tells us everything went well. Probably get lots of sewing in to pass the time so my brain doesn't think too much about the what-if's!

I can't wait to get all of these presents done and wrapped and mailed! Unlike you Blondie darling, I love wrapping presents, but only the boxes. Ever tried wrapping a teddy bear? Now that takes talent! Those gifts just go tossed in a bag with some tissue paper in this house lol And hubs usually orders my gifts online and gets the store to gift wrap them. Cheater. lol But, it gets done :)

Off to sewing, and shopping, and spaying! Oh my. Happy Friday all, and prayers all around :)

lilmouse
December 14th, 2012, 08:05 AM
Morning Blondie,
Thought I would check in before I go to bed for a short nap....busy day today...got all of my quilts done for the veterans project....24 total...just have to bury some threads and if push comes to shove I will cut them off; prefer not to but I am so done with this...still have a COC quilt for you...just need to finish the binding on it and then I will mail it to you...may take awhile for you to get it this time of the year...will send you a PM when I finally ship...I don't like wrapping pressies either and I love to use tape...I don't trust the PO either; that's why all my packages are marked fabric.....I don't trust anyone that is handling my stuff until I know it arrives safely! Can't wait to start on some of my own projects...still have a JRR quilt to make and then I am done for others with the exception of the COC and Marilyn's project...will work on those starting in January...still have a mystery quilt to finish up...can't wait to see how that turned out.....used all fabric from my stash on it....we shall see! Have a good day and take care of yourself...glad you are having a "sunny" morning in the dark! LOL
Hugs and prayers going out for all in need....especially Wayne, Mr and Mrs. Daisy and Ruby's clan!

RFREE
December 14th, 2012, 08:27 AM
TGIF! Daughter has the flu. I'm still sick. Not a good week for the Free family.You all have a wonderful Friday. Blondie the coffee sounds good but have to wait til I get to work cause after an hour and a half on the school bus I don't think I would make it there with out having to potty!!! Sooo I will wait 2 and a half hours but boy it sounds SOOOOOOOOOOOO good right now:(
Hugs and prayers to all who need them.
Rhonda

Monique
December 14th, 2012, 08:32 AM
Good Friday morning friends. I finished the putting the binding on the place mats. Did mostly housekeeping throughout the day. Mopped the filthy kitchen floor, one load of laundry, and bathroom done. Today we are leaving to visit Greg & Roxy for the weekend. Not sure what I will bring to work on for the drive there. So I may be MIA on here this weekend.

Have a great weekend. Stay safe. Prayers going to those in need.

Jean Sewing Machine
December 14th, 2012, 08:43 AM
Hi everyone! Today is the first day of the rest of my life! Scary to look into the great unknown abyss known as the retirement years. Long or short? No one knows. What lies ahead? No one knows. Oh well, at least I don't have to jump out of bed to shower and dress at 6:00 a.m.

I’ve had some fun lately with making the infinity scarves out of pretty fake fur. The fur looks so classy! I made 6 of them the other morning BEFORE WORK! They are so easy to make and turn out so warm and cozy. My colleagues were very impressed and encouraged me to make them to sell. One gal wore hers in to work yesterday, it looked darling on her. Between the scarves and rope baskets, I haven't done any quilt making for a while. Want to make a twister wreath for my door, hope to get that in today.

I am so saddened to hear about all of our forum friends who are in dire need of prayers at this time of the year. You are all in my heart and prayers.

Have a great day everyone!

CountryHut
December 14th, 2012, 09:00 AM
Good Morning everyone -

a G'morning Kiss from the hubby - doggies waiting on Daddys morning treats -
cup of coffee to keep hands warm while reading the forum -- your right Blondie - life is good :)

yesterday started off with MUCH angry :icon_angry: in my heart -- just to many peeps asking for $$ . . I have no un-earthly idea why peeps think I have a money Tree . . one needs money to pay their mortgage, one to pay their electric bill and another to feed their gambling addiction -- I HAD to stop everything that I was doing -- that much angry is totally NOT me --
I sat there with eyes filled with tears -- asking the Lord to take that angry from my heart . .
-- just thinking about it all this morning - puts a knot in my throat --
I really didn't feel better about saying NO, - by mid morning - the hubby called -- he asked what was wrong - so I explain it all to him . . . so he says -- you need some Retail Therapy - and suggested that I go off and finish the Christmas shopping . . .
so I got ready and off I went -- still praying --
Please Lord take this angry from my heart . . Please Lord take this angry from my heart . .
1st stop -- a local quit shop -- walked in the door -- I could smell wet dog . . asked a few questions about different patterns and such and the clerk was snappy --- *good grief*~ . . picked some fabric and off I went -- next stop was COFFEE and a breakfast sandwish
-- that would make feel better -- next stop - another quilt shop -- picked up some starch stuff -- loads and loads and loads of fabric -- I was in fabric heaven - with one each on the clerk walking through a pattern with another customer -- -- after picking up charm packs and jelly rolls and checking them out -- OMG . . CAT HAIR all over the fabric . . .I didn't see any signs of cats being around -- I didn't smell any signs of a cat -- WHAT IN THE WORLD --
then I came across some display pieces -- placemats - baby size quilts, etc . . ALL with cat hair all over them . .
*shaking head*~ :icon_shake: . . after all this time of wanting to make my way to THAT quilt shop -- NOW I dn't want to go back again - b'cuz of all the cat hair . . don't get me wrong -- I love cats -- but I dn't want to buy something NEW and beautiful and have to wash it do to cat or dog hair
- so after some lunch - and not feeling so angry -- I was starting to feel good again and was enjoying the day of shopping - getting back into that Holiday gift giving Spirit -- I thank'd the Lord for hearing my prayers
and ended the day with my hubby holding me & letting me cry in his arms

I know most of the issues that surrounds the peeps that wanted money --
- TRULY, I would rather give or help someone from my heart --- NOT filled with angry . . .

today my body feels the pain of a FULL day of shopping -- I do somewhat feel better for saying NO . .
*raising my coffee cup*~ . . so here's to a GREAT day of sewing --
*and to my hubby :icon_hug: who knows when to let his Love sun through, just when I need it the most*~ :)

Have a Happy Stash Bashing day

Diane :)

MRoy
December 14th, 2012, 09:05 AM
Good morning! We got a press release by e-mail yesterday saying flu is widespread in KY. There's also that bad stomach bug going around. I made another ruffled scarf last night. I took a pic and will post it later. This one is for DH's niece's birthday. She and I have the same B-day and she's always been my fav niece on DH's side of the family. Gotta make another one tonight or tomorrow for DH's cattle buddy to take to his wife in Illinois.

Christmas staff meeting at work today. Grandkids gifts have been delivered by UPS. The rush is just about over for me.
Praying for all those going through illness and other difficulties. You're in my thoughts daily.

Granny Judy
December 14th, 2012, 09:08 AM
It's a bit chilly around here these days. The furnace quit working and we've rounded up space heaters.. I've got one right next to me blowing on my feet. It they get cold, I'm done for....
Special hugs going out to all our people here who are having a rough time now. Prayers for increased prosperity and health heading your way.

I guess this is the time to get that oven going and bake some cookies, but they don't last long.. seems we have a big ol cookie monster living with us.. namely SnIL. He loves the oatmeal, chocolate chip, but will eat whatever is coming out of the oven. Gotta bake an' hide today.

Blondie, did ya have a good birthday?? I know ya had one or soon will... Hows the view from the top of that hill?? or did ya just slide on down to the other side??

Bubby
December 14th, 2012, 09:21 AM
Good Morning,

All is well here. DH is leaving for work in a few minutes and Miss Molly ate her breakfast and has gone back to bed for a nice long nap.

The flu (both kinds) and bad colds are going around our area. I got a flu shot but DH refuses to get them. So far we are healthy.
DH has to work a double shift today so I will have lots of time to sew or knit...I think knitting sounds good for today. I promised to make a big pot of chili for the weekend. I also layed out some butter to soften for a batch of chocolate chip cookies.

Judy, I hope your furnace is installed sooner than later. Keep warm my friend!

Wishing everyone a great day. Hugs and prayers where needed....Barb

buckeyequilter
December 14th, 2012, 09:36 AM
Jean - have a wonderful retirement and enjoy the rest of your life!!!! I can't wait to see all your wonderful creations.

Hi everyone! Today is the first day of the rest of my life! Scary to look into the great unknown abyss known as the retirement years. Long or short? No one knows. What lies ahead? No one knows. Oh well, at least I don't have to jump out of bed to shower and dress at 6:00 a.m.

I’ve had some fun lately with making the infinity scarves out of pretty fake fur. The fur looks so classy! I made 6 of them the other morning BEFORE WORK! They are so easy to make and turn out so warm and cozy. My colleagues were very impressed and encouraged me to make them to sell. One gal wore hers in to work yesterday, it looked darling on her. Between the scarves and rope baskets, I haven't done any quilt making for a while. Want to make a twister wreath for my door, hope to get that in today.

I am so saddened to hear about all of our forum friends who are in dire need of prayers at this time of the year. You are all in my heart and prayers.

Have a great day everyone!

bkthomas
December 14th, 2012, 09:51 AM
Just quickly want to let you know in case I am MIA again it is because my lap-top bit the dust - have tried to leave this messsage twice this morning and had not been able to. Hope it is just something to do with this new provider and not my comp.

Ooooh....it worked!!!

CrazyMtnLady
December 14th, 2012, 10:57 AM
Morning. Woke up with a very queasy stomach and a desire to not get out of bed, but with that critters wanting out and the cats wanting in I had to get up. :(
I started to finish the quilting on my B&W quilt and had to unsew part of it because of a bunch up. :(

Well, DH is whining for his foot rub and coffee. Should I tell him I feel like crap and he has to wait on me today...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Well it was a thought.

Have a great day.
Hugs and prayers to all.

Lisapc
December 14th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Good Morning all!

My jaw isn't aching anymore as long as I keep the ibuprofen flowing. I feel so much better and that means doing all the errands that got put off the last 2 days.

I managed to finish a quilt and cut some fabric last night and with the help of my son I got all the lights on the Christmas tree.

I am off to take a nice hot bath before I do my errands and then I am sewing and cooking something low and slow for dinner.

I am praying for all who need it and hope we all have a great day!

MayinJerset
December 14th, 2012, 11:16 AM
Sleeping later each day, maybe it's just because it's so warm under the quilt I don't want to get up. Major gift wrapping and mailing done so need to get wrappings, etc. away - just leave enough out in our 'office' so DH can wrap his gifts without making a huge mess. Tree and indoor decorating today and then boxes put into garage so house looks nice and neat as next week I want to do some baking. Finally found almond filling for rainbow cookies so I'll make a double batch of those as everyone loves them. They are more like petit fours than cookies. Will make up batches of chocolate walnut, ginger and choc chip cookes next to store in fridge, that way I can clean up the floury mess and concentrate on baking cookies when I have time. Can even bake a dozen of each cookie for gift giving and try to keep our cookie eating down a bit. Family rule was that DH and sons could eat any burnt or broken cookies and 'good' ones were for gifts or company. Of course, they all helped themselves generously when we served the cookies when we had company.

Just bit of Christmas shopping left, small gifts for DH and sons Bob and Pat. One of my newest grandsons is Bobby who is married to my DGD Laura. Last year he thanked me for his Christmas gift saying it was the first time he had one from a grandparent as his were all deceased when he grew up. This year we're givkng him and Laura joint gifts so I'd like to get him something just for himself. Since it's 4 guys that need little gifts Sears tool section might be my best bet. May

PS: Almost forgot, It's beginning to Look at Lot Like Christmas, 33972

toggpine
December 14th, 2012, 11:35 AM
Will make up batches of chocolate walnut, ginger and choc chip cookes next to store in fridge, that way I can clean up the floury mess and concentrate on baking cookies when I have time. Can even bake a dozen of each cookie for gift giving and try to keep our cookie eating down a bit.

Last year I made the dough, scooped them out, froze them on waxed paper, boxed them in the pretty Gladware tubs with the recipe for baking temps/times, & gave that as gifts. The recipients could then bake as many as they wanted.

I'm on the list of people fighting colds/upper respiratory gunk. Mine seems to be affecting my voice at the moment. (Hubby's Christmas wish just came true??) So a trip to the pharmacy to find something to empty the snot locker is in order for the day. Ugh. I'm gonna go try to catch another hour of sleep now that the coughing fit is over and I have checked in with some of my favorite people!

I'd give y'all a big hug, but nobody is going to want to get that close! So how about this for now? :icon_hiya:
Cathy

Sew Perfect
December 14th, 2012, 11:53 AM
Happy Friday ladies and gents! It's nice and cold out, but no snow yet. I've got my little Miyo next to me; poor little thing has yet to realize I have some running around to do today.

I finished up my last Christmas project last night for our extended family and now it's time to finish some up for my dear hubby and kids.

Everyone have a fantastic Friday and have fun working in your "woman cave" when you are free to do so!

GrammaBabs
December 14th, 2012, 12:02 PM
Before i enter the "room of Christmas crafts to be sorted yet further".... wanted to say good mornin... and let you all know i'm praying and thinking of you all.... So far i am blessed with only a few aches considering the cold weather,,, wonderful friends (tomorrow is my Friends and chidren party,,, apps only)...with silly yankee swap..
Jean soon you will be saying, as we do here at Oakpoint...."when did we have time to work"????? It's true and it's wonderful...
Hugs to all,,, Barbara

pcbatiks
December 14th, 2012, 12:31 PM
Good morning to all of you.........right after I finish this post I need to start on the FMQ on my MIL's lap quilt..........yes I know.....I still haven't started on it. It seems to be so easy to come up with delays when scared to mess up a project with FMQ. I know I want get any better until I just do it..........will be remembering Marilyn's post (I think it was her) from months back...........check the back..........check the back..........check the back while sewing!!!!

I found the new Sweet Celebrations by Moda book at the library yesterday. It has a lot of great ideas in it for all during the year......with several that I want to put on my to do list. If you look it up an Amazon you can look at some of the pages. Someone during the last week mentioned wanting to make a quilt for their son. I tried to find who it was and could not find the post. Anyway, the Sweet Celebrations book has a really nice one called Rah, Rah, Rally. It would make a great quilt for a guy......just thought I would pass on that info.

Now I must go FMQ....I can do it.....must turn off the computer.......sit down & start the FMQ......no excuses....FMQ is not as hard as I think.......do it.........do it...........do it.........remember the galloping horse rule of quilting.......it will be okay........just go do it..........

Tanya D
December 14th, 2012, 01:54 PM
Good morning friends! Happy Friday to all of you.

I'm at work and just checking in real quick between my tasks. Looking forward to the end of the day. My daughter and I have plans to make a double batch of Shortbread Cookies and some peppermint bark. We will also decorate our tree with hubby and son and just spend the evening making memories.

We will also deliver some cookies to a local family who is facing a nightmare. Their 5 year old son is fighting a losing battle with Cancer. They stopped his chemo treatments last week as it's not working. He has a tumor in his belly and it's growing quite quickly now. He was told back in May, after going into remission, that if the cancer returned, there would be nothing they could do. They exhausted all treatment options. Such a sad, sad situation. My 12 year old daughter has done numerous things for their family...organized a big bake sale at her school to raise money for the family. It was a very proud moment for this mom to stand behind her as she personally delivered a cheque for $203. Lots of tears, lots of hugs and a realization of how lucky I am to have wonderful, healthy children who are kind and compassionate.

So if you believe in miracles, please pray for one for this little guy. His name is Christian. If you'd like to check out the blog his mom has kept for the last 19 months, here is the link. I will warn you tho, you'll need some kleenex in your hand. She is very open and forthcoming about their dire situation and is putting all her hope and faith in God.

http://www.christiansfight.blogspot.ca/

Prayers and healthy thoughts to all who need them.

toggpine
December 14th, 2012, 02:36 PM
I just checked the tracking info on my Secret Santa package! It's out for delivery! Whoo Hoo! Merry Christmas to you!

shannonsaulter
December 14th, 2012, 02:40 PM
Gm happy Friday to everyone but me its my Mnday..BLAH 3-11:30 tonight and back at 7am tomorrow morning..ugh!!! Oh well 6 more days til a 4 day weekend..thats always nice...Made 3 ornaments yesterday and love them all...they are all on my tree and think this is gonna be something I do on and off all year to make gifts for people for next year..
Have a great day all!

Jean Sewing Machine
December 14th, 2012, 03:22 PM
Got my package from MSQC with fabric for my daughter for a bed quilt for her. Don't know if I'll gt it done before Chistmas, but will be the next one up on the agenda. Using Sun Kissed Spa Colorway. Got a layer cake, jelly roll and yardage. Still needing to decide on a pattern.

auntiemern
December 14th, 2012, 03:52 PM
Just got on the forum a bit ago. Sitting in pre pre op with Bubby and DD waiting for them to come give him his "goofy juice" before they take him back to do his dental work. He has to be sedated, and had to come here, (Springfield, MO), on opposite side of state from me, so he would be in a hospital setting. Apparently THIS IS the only hospital in the entire state that does this. Took an hour less to get here than I thought, so had time to locate both facilities in plenty of time. Hoping they get here soon. I don't like that he has to go thru this, but it is for the best. Hugs and blessings to all, and prayers for those in need.