PDA

View Full Version : Baby Quilt

phoots
December 14th, 2012, 03:05 AM
I was told today that my nephews girlfriend is going to have a baby. I would be really happy if he hadn't just come out of a nasty divorce and heading for college next week. He's really smart but he doesn't know how to keep his pants zipped! I was really hopeful that he'd be able to get his degree. He's majoring in Physics and Chemistry. Now with a baby on the way and a dingy girlfriend, this may never happen.

Anyway, now that I've vented. I have been asked by my sister, who is the Grandmom-to-be, to make a quilt. I suggested a Disappearing 9-Patch. It's pretty simple. Now she's decided that we should do it together. Hello??? We live in two different cities and you are a "get er done" kind of girl and I'm a "I'll get around to it" kind of girl. We're like oil and water.

I suggested she try it alone. No answer yet. Should be a good one!

Love to all,
Pam in Vegas

Musical_Starling
December 14th, 2012, 03:50 AM
Hmm, I think we may be related because your sister sounds like someone from my family lol Why would you ask someone to make you something, and then say "We'll do it together". It's a baby quilt, not a king-size lol Maybe it's better off if she make one herself since she seems to be a little fussy over it. Just my two cents :)

lilmouse
December 14th, 2012, 07:36 AM
Oh my.....I think I would let her make it herself too....especially because of the oil and water thing!

bkthomas
December 14th, 2012, 07:37 AM
I would suggest that you each make your own - I know my nephews still hang on to the ones I made years ago and the youngest (in high school) is asking for a Super Man quilt from Aunt Kathy!

Monique
December 14th, 2012, 08:35 AM
I like Kathy's suggestion. Each make one.

Jean Sewing Machine
December 14th, 2012, 11:50 AM
Yes, Pam, I would advise NOT to do it together. If you do the making, she'll probably be doing the nagging for you to get it done. If she does the making, you can give advice when needed. Besides, coming from an aunt is good, but Grandma will want to be in the picture somehow!

buckeyequilter
December 14th, 2012, 11:56 AM
LOL....sounds familiar. Does she quilt? If not what I think she's saying is we'll do it together so I can take credit for it. So I say you should probably each make your own. And living in two different cities is not going to be convenient and neither is the "oil & water". Good luck with whatever you decide!

GinnyKNC
December 14th, 2012, 12:21 PM
I agree - I think each of you should make one :) Lucky baby will have two of them.

Hulamoon
December 14th, 2012, 03:28 PM
I agree, each make your own. It's not really a type of a 'from both of us' gift like a car seat or stroller.