PDA

View Full Version : An innocent child's view of Christmas

cyndiofthevortex
December 13th, 2012, 10:40 PM
As some of you know, my DD Bethany is a foster parent. Although it isn't an official placement, she's taken in two little boys who, along with their mom and sister, have become homeless. Brad is a little boy who lived with B three years ago when they first came into care. Our own Jean made a beautiful quilt for him. Tonight he was playing with our Playmobile manger scene. He asked if he could also play with our regular set. This is what I found when I went to check on him about an hour later. You can see that Robin Hood, pirates, Vikings, a slave, a robot, a knight, a Norseman and even an elephant join the shepherds and wisemen in worshiping the Newborn King.

Gayle8675309
December 13th, 2012, 10:46 PM
Awww...what a sweet story. :)

Gayle

BellasQuilts
December 13th, 2012, 10:48 PM
They would have been there if they could, so why not? Love it!

lilmouse
December 13th, 2012, 11:13 PM
Gives me goosebumps all over!

bkthomas
December 13th, 2012, 11:24 PM
So sweet - wait till Jean sees this!!!

auntiemern
December 13th, 2012, 11:32 PM
How very sweet. Through the eyes of a child. Better yet, a child shall lead us. This makes my heart smile. :)

Cat n bull
December 13th, 2012, 11:38 PM
That is sweet!

EsGrandma
December 13th, 2012, 11:59 PM
Super - loved the story and Brad's smile is priceless!

Jean Sewing Machine
December 14th, 2012, 12:07 AM
That is just darling! Thanks for sharing the picture and the story! Brad, you just made my Christmas very special!

toggpine
December 14th, 2012, 12:40 AM
Well, Yeah!

The entire Little People zoo, airport, pet shop, and construction crew stop by our nativity to party with Baby Jesus. The creche is quite the happening place.

Glad to see such happiness and creativity!

Sew Perfect
December 14th, 2012, 01:07 AM
That is so sweet!

Musical_Starling
December 14th, 2012, 03:45 AM
Well, the more the merrier, right? :D

MayinJerset
December 14th, 2012, 04:35 AM
Well, the more the merrier, right? :D

Yes, they all would have been there if they could, May

pcbatiks
December 14th, 2012, 04:37 AM
That's so sweet. When our son was little he made a Duplo block stable for our nativity scene and I think we had a stuffed toy angel too!

Monique
December 14th, 2012, 08:38 AM
It was one heck of a party wasn't it. Love your story and thanks for sharing.

quilter.martha
December 14th, 2012, 08:42 AM
How sweet Cyndi!

"Every knee shall bow, every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord!"

Blondie
December 14th, 2012, 08:55 AM
Martha, that is EXACTLY what I was thinking!

How sweet Cyndi!

"Every knee shall bow, every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord!"

Carolyn23
December 14th, 2012, 12:27 PM
Ditto, Martha and Blondie! Precious scene!

janluna
December 14th, 2012, 09:57 PM
How sweet! God Bless him. Since he is with your Daughter, I think he has been. God Bless the little Children.

CrazyMtnLady
December 15th, 2012, 10:43 AM
WHAT? You mean they WEREN'T there? I am sure I saw that elephant in a biblical picture. And the Dalmatian and robot for sure!

That is really sweet.

cyndiofthevortex
December 15th, 2012, 11:39 AM
WHAT? You mean they WEREN'T there? I am sure I saw that elephant in a biblical picture. And the Dalmatian and robot for sure!

You're right, Donna! I think I saw that picture, too. Well, maybe not the robot, but you never know.

This whole scene made me cry when I saw it. Brad is a sweet boy who has lived in 9 different places in the past 6 months. He needs the peace that only Jesus can give. B is trying to bring love and peace into his heart. We all are. And you can, too. Remember Brad and his brother Ryan and the whole family in your thoughts and prayers.