PDA

View Full Version : Can't resist sharing...but this humor is in poor taste, I'll admit.

Gayle8675309
December 13th, 2012, 04:25 PM
I have my first colonoscopy tomorrow. (WHEN did I get old enough to need such dire tests???) If you don't know what that test is, well, don't ask.

Anyway today I'm drinking the "prep" solution to make you, um, clean your system out. YUCK.

But the funny part, at least to me...the name of the prep solution is...

GO LYTELY!!! Ah-ha-ha-ha! What a joke. Like you go lightly. NOT.

Ok, enough with my garbage humor...sorry...back to your regularly scheduled quilts....

Gayle

Sew Perfect
December 13th, 2012, 04:57 PM
hahaha:icon_hihi: poor you, but can't help but to laugh out loud at your expense! :icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

EsGrandma
December 13th, 2012, 05:18 PM
Thanks for the chuckle - good luck tomorrow!

Tanya D
December 13th, 2012, 05:20 PM
Glad to see you can find some humour in the procedure. Good luck tomorrow!

Jean Sewing Machine
December 13th, 2012, 05:52 PM
The most dreaded part of this test. Not fun.

PhantomReader
December 13th, 2012, 06:56 PM
That is definitely the worst part, drinking that stuff...had to do it for my colonoscopy and more recently, this year when I had my hysterectomy.

The name is ironic...good luck tomorrow!

Lori

Loonwatcher
December 13th, 2012, 06:57 PM
people always dread having to have that test. It's not the test that is difficult, it's the prep. I feel for ya!

New York Sue
December 13th, 2012, 07:30 PM
I thought that prep was going to kill me. I had some choice words (unfit for this forum) for my Doc when he admitted that he prescribes the same prep for a 250 lb male and a 140 lb female....HELL-O? Never again. Next time, I'll use my own discretion!
The procedure is a walk in the park....

Bubby
December 13th, 2012, 07:47 PM
They have a lot of nerve calling that awful stuff Go Lytely...good luck with your test tomorrow. Hugs, Barb

auntiemern
December 13th, 2012, 07:58 PM
Oh well I remember THAT. That is not the prep that I had to use. It was awful, like drinking salt water. I managed to do the first half gallon like a trooper, however 2 hrs later, I was not quite as good with the second half gallon. I, like Sue will use my own method the next time. UGHHH. Good luck with the test, now that the hard part is over.

CountryHut
December 13th, 2012, 09:28 PM
- Heck - ya'll have mean doctors or something -- the stuff I had to drink tasted like lemonade -- wasn't that bad -- - it was NOT eating
real food that got to me -- but hey -- I was skipping around after the test -- saying . . I FEEL CLEAN . . I FEEL CLEAN . .

lol*~

Diane :)

BellasQuilts
December 13th, 2012, 10:30 PM
My first crack (sorry) at this will be soon too. Waiting to hear back when I am scheduled to Go Lytely!

Gayle8675309
December 13th, 2012, 10:31 PM
My first crack (sorry) at this will be soon too. Waiting to hear back when I am scheduled to Go Lytely!

ROFL! :D

Gayle

lilmouse
December 13th, 2012, 10:34 PM
My prep for surgery was really easy, not bad at all; drink an entire bottle of Miralax....worked like a charm and they advised me to moisture the affected area before I started with some vaseline....you don't get the sore "bottom". Also had to take some Ducalax as well...I was getting scared at first as nothing happened for several hours and then it all hit at once....not bad at all!

MRoy
December 13th, 2012, 10:48 PM
Gayle, I hope you "go-lytely" into the night...you may be up through most of it. Good luck tomorrow!

Musical_Starling
December 14th, 2012, 03:15 AM
Something I'm not looking forward to in the future. Sounds like a bit of a pain in the... well... *ahem* :icon_giggle:

Madeforyouinma11
December 14th, 2012, 04:16 AM
Good luck tomorrow.. The test is a breeze, but I do admit, I was not a fan of the prep. I had to take 4 dulcolax at 3 in the afternoon and then drink two bottles of the laxative. Mine was not gallons....they were 8-10 oz bottles of something that tasted like a real strong lemon drink and it was carbonated. The only way I could drink it all was to put lots of ice and I added water to it. Wasn't horrible but the whole prep is a very draining experience...no pun intended...Lol
Anyway, hope all goes well and get some rest after.

jingleme
December 17th, 2012, 05:56 PM
I have my first colonoscopy tomorrow. (WHEN did I get old enough to need such dire tests???) If you don't know what that test is, well, don't ask.

Anyway today I'm drinking the "prep" solution to make you, um, clean your system out. YUCK.

But the funny part, at least to me...the name of the prep solution is...

GO LYTELY!!! Ah-ha-ha-ha! What a joke. Like you go lightly. NOT.

Ok, enough with my garbage humor...sorry...back to your regularly scheduled quilts....

Gayle

:icon_rofl:

So........how'd it go?

this is on my to do list.
maybe I'll move it to the bottom :0

Gayle8675309
December 17th, 2012, 09:03 PM
:icon_rofl:

So........how'd it go?

this is on my to do list.
maybe I'll move it to the bottom :0

Things went well...the test was easy...they give you drugs to make you drowsy, and it didn't hurt at all. The doc did find and remove two polyps...I'll find out in about 2 weeks whether they are the benign kind or if they are the pre-cancer kind. Either way, I need to have another colonoscopy in three years. Yay! :D

Don't put it off...the worst part of the test is drinking all the laxative stuff and running to the bathroom all afternoon/evening on the day before. The rest is a breeze. And Colon Cancer is the #2 cause of cancer deaths...so it's important to get screened.

Gayle

Jackiejs
December 17th, 2012, 11:30 PM
I've been dreading mine and keep putting it off. So you can do your own prep stuff?

Kaytessa
December 18th, 2012, 12:03 AM
Good luck and may the test results be in your favor.