PDA

View Full Version : My turn to vent!!!!

EnumclawGramma
December 13th, 2012, 12:13 PM
Found out this morning my son's classic Volkswagen bug was stolen last night.

My son. The one who has been battling Stage 4 Melanoma for several years.
The one who bought himself a Harley Davidson Motorcycle after finishing up a year of chemo and radiation as a reward gift to himself. A dream since childhood.
My son, the one whose Cancer came back with a vengeance and got put on a study medication and is one of THREE people in the country it is still working on.
My son, the one who has learned that every day is a GIFT.
My son, the one who rode his motorcycle as his only mode of transportation to work one day last winter, hit a patch of ice on a freeway off ramp and went down. He watched his bike slide for yards and yards as he slid behind it, thankfully clothed in leather and so walked to his bike, picked it up (not possible normally) and rode it the rest of the way to work.
My son, who bought this wonderful volkswagen so that he has something to ride to work from now on in inclement weather. He has put so much work into it to bring it up to it's original condition. Just last week spent $500 on it.

His car was stolen from in front of his home last night.

I am heart broken over this. I am contacting local media.

That's the end of my rant.

Jean Sewing Machine
December 13th, 2012, 12:17 PM
That is just terrible. I hope they find the jerk that did this and put him behind bars.

SuzyQue
December 13th, 2012, 12:21 PM
Oh, so sad! What is this world coming to? Prayers sent to help ease the broken hearts.

EsGrandma
December 13th, 2012, 12:21 PM
So sorry - your son sounds like a super great person.

CrazyMtnLady
December 13th, 2012, 12:56 PM
Sorry to hear some low life stole your son's car. Please keep us informed and definitely contact the media.

Bubby
December 13th, 2012, 01:00 PM
Libby,

I'm so sorry to hear about this. It seems like when it rains it pours from all directions. Your son sounds like a terrific person. I hope the scum that did this will get caught and prosecuted. My daughter had a VW bug years ago and the same thing happened to hers. In her case they found the car stripped...I guess for parts. I hope for better for your son's car.

Hugs, Barb

Tanya D
December 13th, 2012, 01:12 PM
How awful. I've had a vehicle stolen from me and it's such an awful feeling to come out and find it gone.

Your son sounds like a fighter, a believer and a survivor...I hope this awful experience doesn't tarnish his will and fight.

lilmouse
December 13th, 2012, 01:14 PM
I am so sorry to hear about this....why is it such bad things happen to good people? This really upsets me!

HandsOffItsMine
December 13th, 2012, 01:47 PM
Libby, I hope that it was taken for a joy ride - eventhough that that isn't likely. :(

Yes, contact the media and tell them your son's story! He's such an example of strength and courage as a cancer patient, especially at such a young age.

It breaks our hearts to see young people going through horrific health issues that we have no control over.

Huggers to you dear friend! Ruby

Sew Perfect
December 13th, 2012, 01:56 PM
That is just terrible! Your son is going through so much already and the person who stole his VW needs to go to jail. I hope the car is found without a scratch and returned to its' rightful owner...your son!

PhantomReader
December 13th, 2012, 02:03 PM
That is horrible! I think that contacting the media is a great idea. I hope he gets his Bug back!

Monique
December 13th, 2012, 02:04 PM
Yes call the media. His story needs to be told. Might bring to light who did this if people know where it was stolen from.

auntiemern
December 13th, 2012, 02:10 PM
So sorry this has happened to your wonderfully brave and courageous son. YES!!! Call the media. This is just so very tragic. I will pray that he gets his car back, yet disheartened to say, it isn't very likely. I could not feel worse for him. Fingers and toes crossed for recovery.

Slokarma
December 13th, 2012, 02:12 PM
That is just too much for words! GRRRR

That's a rare vehicle, I'd pass it on to friends on Facebook and Twitter and I imagine there are VW van clubs.......(DH is a motor head, they have stolen reports all the time on their forums) Social media is just the ticket for something like this and once you get it out there, I bet it will just keep going.

Good luck!

meemeecyn
December 13th, 2012, 03:26 PM
Libby, Dear......how awful! First of all that your son has been struggling so much with his health. And then this???? I hope they find the thief, he is brought to justice and that the car is found, too. Prayers for your son as he continues on this battle, as well as for his mother and loving cheerleader.
Cynthia

Lisapc
December 13th, 2012, 03:33 PM
I hope they find your son's car and that he continues to win his fight.

pcbatiks
December 13th, 2012, 04:08 PM
Libby......that's a great idea to contact the media! If the story gets lots of attention they may find your son's car a lot quicker!

Gayle8675309
December 13th, 2012, 05:28 PM
Oh that's so terrible! I'm so sorry to hear about this. :(

Gayle

quilter.martha
December 13th, 2012, 08:03 PM
How very sad our world has become, that your vehicle isn't even safe parked in front of your home. I pray they catch the thief and your son gets his VW back in one piece.

Divine Daisy
December 13th, 2012, 08:42 PM
fingers crossed the car is found, and that your son continues well

bkthomas
December 13th, 2012, 08:56 PM
I feel your pain Libby.....prayers......

Cat n bull
December 13th, 2012, 10:25 PM
That is so terrible! I sure hope they find who stole it!

{{hugs to your son}}

BellasQuilts
December 13th, 2012, 10:27 PM
Yep, call the media in for this one! Go get 'em Mom!

buckeyequilter
December 13th, 2012, 11:32 PM
I hope your son's car is found and returned to him. I think contacting the media is a wonderful idea.

Jackiejs
December 13th, 2012, 11:39 PM
I'm so sorry. Give you son a hug from us.

Musical_Starling
December 14th, 2012, 03:32 AM
I pray that your son gets his car back. What a horrible thing to do to such a wonderful young man!

Blondie
December 14th, 2012, 07:24 AM
Totally stunned; let us know what happens, Libby.

EnumclawGramma
December 18th, 2012, 12:41 PM
Update: They found the car last night in a really bad part of town. This is from my son's blog:

"It was in one piece, missing the rear license plate, flat front/passenger side tire, the front of the steering wheel had been pried off, the ignition had been destroyed, and the inside was coated with WD-40 (to erase finger prints, I'm told). Nothing was stolen (stereo, speakers, etc...). I called my mechanic and he taught me, over the phone, how to hot-wire the car. This was my first time ever hot wiring a car, which I thought was a nice "first" to have today.

I'm looking on the bright side.

I took my spare tire to a collision shop to fill it with air, then back to the bug to install it. I got it running with the hot-wire method, then found out the steering wheel was all messed up and wouldn't steer left. So I called a tow truck, and my insurance company, it was towed to a garage near my apartment, and I'm awaiting the word from them to see if it's a total loss or not. I think there's a strong chance it is.

In the mean time I'm driving a rental car, courtesy of Safeco."

I did contact the media and never heard back. At least he got his car back. One way or another, I see that as a good thing.

Jess1377
December 18th, 2012, 12:52 PM
Geesh, what an ordeal! I am glad he got his car back but man... why do people have such black hearts?!? I hope the insurance co. helps him out a bit. Was it law enforcement who found it? Either way, glad he has it now.

GrammaBabs
December 18th, 2012, 01:19 PM
Rant away.... these things,,,, especially now are just so unfair... if i met your son , i would say... Hello, it's a pleasure to meet such a strong man... i admire you and pray for all things good to come your way from here on in... WHY is it ........ Bad things happen to such good people, is beyond me... but he's driven by his positive thinking it seems.... Please give him a hug for me....
I have a "survivor" for a son.... another type of illness,,,, but he's escaped death a few times and feels God wants him here for a reason.... I know i sure do.... Hugs,,, Babs

Jean Sewing Machine
December 18th, 2012, 01:24 PM
Man's inhumanity to man--that's what comes to my mind after hearing all the craziness that has gone on this week. I hope he can get the car situation resolved. At least this was a "thing" not a human who was injured. But it just seems so unfair that those with tons on their shoulders should get heaped with more to bear.

Kaytessa
December 18th, 2012, 03:00 PM
May God grant your son and you extra strength..may the media keep this story in the news and may the car be found fast and in great condition .

janluna
December 18th, 2012, 03:11 PM
Saying prayers for your Son, his health and his VW to be returned in good standing. So sorry this happened to him. God Bless and keep you all, Hugs, Jan L.

SallyO'Sews
December 19th, 2012, 07:06 PM
Glad they found the car, even if it's not in good shape. At least you know where it is. As for the perpetrators, I hope it will comfort you to know that whether they are ever apprehended by law enforcement, they were seen by the God Who has kept your son alive up to this point, and He will deal with them in His time. (If you have a Bible, you might want to read Psalm 94.) I really admire your son's attitude; he is my idea of a winner! Hang in there, Mom!

Lisapc
December 19th, 2012, 07:17 PM
I am so glad he got the car back and even if they total it he could refinish it with a salvage title. If he chose. Maybe better days are ahead for him and all of you.