PDA

View Full Version : Thursday - my Hi Ho Hi Ho day . . .

Blondie
December 13th, 2012, 07:39 AM

Happy Thursday, Folksies!
Hubs is on his way out the door and I did sleep last night, after pulling the all nighter the day before, I was rather loopy by mid day. I was afraid if I took a nap I would get all my times and body clocks totally out of whack. So, here I sit, still loopy but coffee makes the world a better place.

My sewing space is a total wreck all over again. I need a total makeover. And I need a totally new brain. I can look at sewing spaces all day but each space is different and after all, I am a slob at heart. Wonder if I could get on one of those reality shows for a make over? Not in the this lifetime. I will re evaluate my area and tackle after the holidays. Until then, the elves are busy with their making and wrapping of gifts.

Prayers being said for each of my dear ones here. Extra for Mr Daisy and Wayne. And don't forget to SMILE.

Musical_Starling
December 13th, 2012, 08:13 AM
Good morning all!! Nobody could wipe the smile off my face today!! I FINISHED THE TABLE RUNNER FROM HECK! lol Yep. Binding = Complete! A couple of wonky angles, but nothing that you'll notice with your head turned sideways in a snowstorm :D I'll post pictures once it's washed, because I'm a little worried that it'll fall to shreds and I'll have to re-do it. In which case I'll spend three days crying my eyes out lol But I'm really hoping that a good wash and dry will soften it all and let the binding lay a little nicer. One can hope, right?

I haven't been around in a couple of days, and that's why. I've been stitching away! And my poor fingers are so sore, they definitely need a break! Next up on the list: Twister wreath for DH's grandmother. I still have to make the Dresden table topper from Jenny's tutorial for my Mom, an apron for my Dad, an apron for my nephew, and two 10-min table runners for my sisters. I will get it all done! I will, I will, I will! Plus I still have lots of Christmas shopping to do. DH and I receive mostly money in lieu of gifts for Christmas, which is great because it saves the family members on shipping, plus it ensures we get what we want, but it also means I have to do MORE shopping because I have to buy my own gifts too! lol First world problems, right? Thankfully the doc switched me to Advair, which is helping me a little better than the Flovent alone. I'm able to get around and get things done now, I just have to walk at a regular, calm pace, which is SO not me! I'm usually a blue-arsed fly lol Oh well, better than having to use Ventolin just to get up and pee! :D

I wish you all a great Thursday! Extra prayers being said for those in need, now off to catch up on what I've missed :)

MRoy
December 13th, 2012, 08:51 AM
Good morning! I have sleepless nights from time to time and like Blondie, if I nap it just gets things more outta whack. I wasn't online last night, I was making a twirly scarf with a crochet hook and special yarn. I saw them being made at the fabric shop, thought "I can do that" and made the first of 4 for Christmas/birthday gifts last night. Once I started I couldn't stop for fear of the loops slipping off that slick crochet hook. LOL! It wasn't too bad for my first attempt. The picture below is not mine but shows how the scarves look. Tonight, on to scarf #2.
http://img1.etsystatic.com/000/0/6437826/il_170x135.324496069.jpg

Monique
December 13th, 2012, 09:13 AM

Good morning everyone. Dee I am glad you are able to get around better these days. Sounds like you will be very busy in the coming days. So sad to say that I did not get everything done that I wanted for the holidays. Work keeps getting in the way. Oh well.

Yesterday was a bust. I realized I had left my purse at the post office the night before. Then I remembered I had an appointment in the afternoon and after that I had to pick up a toddler bed for my granddaughter. WHEW!! I was so disappointed because I only lost 1 measly pound all month. I thought I was doing so well. THEN, my doctor called (not good news when the doctor calls you himself) the PAP smear came back - NOT CANCER- ABNORMAL CELLS-NOT CANCER. So what does that exactly mean? So he will schedule a D & C. I WILL NOT WORRY, I WILL NOT WORRY!!!!!! When I was diagnosed with cancer back in 2006, he kept saying IT IS NOT CANCER, BUT COULD TURN INTO CANCER. I ended up getting a mastectomy. ?????? I WILL NOT WORRY! I WILL NOT WORRY!

Sorry dear Friends, I just needed to vent a little. Did I mention that I WILL NOT WORRY!

Today I WILL finish those darn place mats come hell or high water.

Have a wonderful day everyone. I love you all.

Monique
December 13th, 2012, 09:15 AM
Good morning! I have sleepless nights from time to time and like Blondie, if I nap it just gets things more outta whack. I wasn't online last night, I was making a twirly scarf with a crochet hook and special yarn. I saw them being made at the fabric shop, thought "I can do that" and made the first of 4 for Christmas/birthday gifts last night. Once I started I couldn't stop for fear of the loops slipping off that slick crochet hook. LOL! It wasn't too bad for my first attempt. The picture below is not mine but shows how the scarves look. Tonight, on to scarf #2.
http://img1.etsystatic.com/000/0/6437826/il_170x135.324496069.jpg

Myrna, those scarves are very popular up here. Everyone is making them and everyone is wearing one. I tried my hand at knitting them but it was a bust. I bought some instead this year from a friend.

Bubby
December 13th, 2012, 09:32 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Blondie, I don't want to see you and your sewing area on Hoarders-Buried Alive! lol! It's hard for me keep my little room neat also...it just goes with the territory when you make quilts. I'm fascinated with the Hoarder TV program....DH says I'm a sicko for watching it. I realize it's a psychological issue....still I'm in awe that people can live that way. I knew someone like that once and after Christmas the turkey carcass and all the leftovers from Thanksgiving were still on the dining room table!! Good hearted people would clean her place up for her so Family Services wouldn't take her kids, but it always slid bad to the same condition.

I had a sleepless night Tuesday and was totally out of sync yesterday. I got a good nights rest last night and feel full of energy today. I have to make a run to WalMart for Molly's insulin this afternoon.

Monique, I'm praying for you that all will be well. I know it's a frightening thing. How soon will you have the procedure? The sooner the better for things like this to get them off your mind. My prayers and best wishes are with you.

Myrna, I love the twirly scarf! Can't wait to see yours!! I admire people that can knit and crochet and actually produce something they don't have to throw away or hide (like my stuff!). The only thing I can knit are dishrags. I can crochet enough to make afghans if the pattern is simple. It's been a long time since I crocheted anything. I guess that's why I make quilts.

We need to send up special prayers for Matt, Monique, Wayne and Mr Daisy.

Wishing a good Thursday to everyone....Friday Eve! Hugs, Barb

MRoy
December 13th, 2012, 09:37 AM
Monique, I think it's easier to make these with a crochet hook....pick up 10-11 loops of the net on the hook (skipping every other one), then pull the last loop through the rest and repeat. That makes the ruffling. The store was selling them for $15 each. Mine will cost about $5.50 each (4 rolls of yarn and a crochet hook). My first one will be a dirty Santa gift for work tomorrow.

buckeyequilter
December 13th, 2012, 09:40 AM
Yesterday was a bust. I realized I had left my purse at the post office the night before. Then I remembered I had an appointment in the afternoon and after that I had to pick up a toddler bed for my granddaughter. WHEW!! I was so disappointed because I only lost 1 measly pound all month. I thought I was doing so well. THEN, my doctor called (not good news when the doctor calls you himself) the PAP smear came back - NOT CANCER- ABNORMAL CELLS-NOT CANCER. So what does that exactly mean? So he will schedule a D & C. I WILL NOT WORRY, I WILL NOT WORRY!!!!!! When I was diagnosed with cancer back in 2006, he kept saying IT IS NOT CANCER, BUT COULD TURN INTO CANCER. I ended up getting a mastectomy. ?????? I WILL NOT WORRY! I WILL NOT WORRY!

I know how you're feeling. I will say an extra prayer for you.

madampolo
December 13th, 2012, 09:44 AM
Good morning to you! My sewing room is a disaster right now. I really need to finish my king quilt to get it out of there, but I am working on Christmas stuff right now.

Granny Judy
December 13th, 2012, 09:46 AM
Prayers and hugs going out to you all, esp Matt, Monique, Wayne and Mr Daisy. I saw where life has thrown a curve at ya..

Just relaxing, staying warm in 3/4 layers of clothes til the new furnace gets here (Monday). Working on that quilt for SnIL.. As slow as I am, It may be next Christmas b4 I get it done. (He's the Harley Man wanting a Harley Quilt)

I'm a knitter and crocheyer, but haven't a clue where to start on that Scarf.. I did want to make one or two.. I have the yarn, needles and skill. Just don't know where to start. Is it a Chain 250+ then work in each chain back to beginning? OH, I just gave myself an IDEA--- Hope it works. Talk to ya later........

Monique
December 13th, 2012, 09:51 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Blondie, I don't want to see you and your sewing area on Hoarders-Buried Alive! lol! It's hard for me keep my little room neat also...it just goes with the territory when you make quilts. I'm fascinated with the Hoarder TV program....DH says I'm a sicko for watching it. I realize it's a psychological issue....still I'm in awe that people can live that way. I knew someone like that once and after Christmas the turkey carcass and all the leftovers from Thanksgiving were still on the dining room table!! Good hearted people would clean her place up for her so Family Services wouldn't take her kids, but it always slid bad to the same condition.

I had a sleepless night Tuesday and was totally out of sync yesterday. I got a good nights rest last night and feel full of energy today. I have to make a run to WalMart for Molly's insulin this afternoon.

Monique, I'm praying for you that all will be well. I know it's a frightening thing. How soon will you have the procedure? The sooner the better for things like this to get them off your mind. My prayers and best wishes are with you.

Myrna, I love the twirly scarf! Can't wait to see yours!! I admire people that can knit and crochet and actually produce something they don't have to throw away or hide (like my stuff!). The only thing I can knit are dishrags. I can crochet enough to make afghans if the pattern is simple. It's been a long time since I crocheted anything. I guess that's why I make quilts.

We need to send up special prayers for Matt, Monique, Wayne and Mr Daisy.

Wishing a good Thursday to everyone....Friday Eve! Hugs, Barb

I think it will depend on the surgeon and when he can fit me in. It could possibly be before Christmas, I am just not sure. Thanks everyone for the prayers.

buckeyequilter
December 13th, 2012, 09:59 AM
Good morning....

My sewing room is looks like a war zone too, but like Blondie, mine will have to wait until after the holiday's to get cleaned up. I am working like a mad woman to get my projects finished.

I need to take a few minutes tonight and wrap some packages...have a couple of little kids coming around on Saturday afternoon. I just love giving presents to the little ones...their eyes light up and it's all worth it.

DH was going to put up the tree tomorrow night but I think I'm going to tell him to do it tonight because I have funeral stuff going on Friday evening and Saturday morning (an uncle passed away). It seems like the only time my family gets together anymore is for funerals. My mom's side of the family has a reunion every year, so if I go I get to see some of them then.

Well better get busy....have a great day everyone! Hugs and prayers to all.

Musical_Starling
December 13th, 2012, 10:43 AM
I will say an extra prayer too Monique. Keep us updated :)

Update for me: MIL's table runner survived the wash! Yay! Now to see if it survives a round trip in the dryer. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Lisapc
December 13th, 2012, 10:48 AM
Good morning all.

I had a cavity filled and a crown yesterday. My jaw throbbed all night. I woke up at 3:30 am and threw up from the throbbing. Did the same after my morning coffee at 6:30 am. I have tried ibuprofen and codeine and it helps with the throbbing but I am so nauseous. I am supposed to go back today for more dental work but I can't. I am going to call them and see if they won't reschedule it for me.

I am doing nothing but running to B.J.'s for a few things and sewing today. I have so many projects that are almost finished that I am getting nothing accomplished at all but am being "inspired" to start new things way too quick. My list for after Christmas will take me until next Christmas to finish.

I am praying for all of those who need it and hope that we all have a good laugh today over something.

CrazyMtnLady
December 13th, 2012, 11:09 AM
Good Morning all. Sending special prayers out this morning for Mr. Daisy, Monique, Wayne, and Matt. I always include all my quilting family in my prayers each and every day.

Had a pretty good day yesterday. Took a drive over to West Plains (including the dogs). Went out to eat which was nice for a change. We didn't get any Christmas shopping done for each other but DH said we would exchange gifts this year. *faint*

Going to try and get some quilting done on the Black and White quilt today. I decided to quit procrastinating and get it done!

Have a wonderful day.

Hugs and prayers.

satinflame
December 13th, 2012, 11:36 AM
I turned on my coffee maker this morning, I have a discrete math final in 30 minutes c: I hope to be semi-awake for it haha

Monique, losing a pound in December is pretty impressive, I know it's my month for gorging on cookies and candy, so good for you! I hope your non-cancer remains that way. Prayers for you!

I got some cute earrings at kohl's yesterday, and my fabric from the M*QC sales came yesterday, so I'm ready to play over the holidays!

I hope everyone has a nice Thursday (: Weekend is coming!

MayinJerset
December 13th, 2012, 11:54 AM
Wow, I got up really late this morning, woke up at daylight but my knee was aching so I willed myself to go back to sleep and it worked but I got up so late at 8:45! Spent yesterday wrapping gifts and getting 3 boxes off to DS#3 & family and 2 DGdaughters who live in CA, plus usual household stuff and I guess it wore me out. Wrote myself a Big Note on next year's calendar - mailed gifts will be gift cards only! Postage for the 3 small boxes was $56.00!

Need to get to my messy sewing room this morning to make the last 4 mug rugs and then I'm closing the door until after Christmas.
I want to get our tree up this weekend and put out a few decorations. Not entertaining this Christmas, Christmas day we'll be at DGDaughter Catherine's with her Mom & Dad (DS#2) and last night was invitied to DS#1's for Christmas Eve (that was a surprise). Usually have a luncheon for friends between Christmas and New Year's but this year my BFF is having us over. My Granny cousins and I won't be meeting at one of our homes this month as we will be dining in style at an expensive restaurant, one that has $$$ after it. Have to check my wardrobe for a special outfit.

Monique hope you get an appointent and good results ASAP. Keeping you and our friends in need in my prayers today. May

pcbatiks
December 13th, 2012, 11:59 AM
Good morning everyone........it is cold here today. We actually had frost on the ground.....well it's cold for us! I need to get going and try to finish Christmas shopping.

Monique.......praying for you and others in need of prayers.

Wishing a productive day to all of you.....

HandsOffItsMine
December 13th, 2012, 02:07 PM
Monique, prayers dear friend that it will stay with the abnormal cell! Huggers from Don and I

We're going to take a drive to the North Shore to do some Stocking Stuffer shopping to help the local economy. Lunch will be at Cholo's, the closest real thing to Mexican food here on the Rock. lol Dessert will be a big shaved ice. I will take my camera as usual, incase the waves are high or we see dolphins.

Matt is at a level 6 on the pain chart/white blood cell counts haven't gone down yet. Dr Rosen, his surgeon, is meeting with the idiot doctor who didn't say anything, did stomach tests the other night on the stoma and incision. Would love to be a fly on the wall at the meeting.

Enjoy your day, huggers from us!

shannonsaulter
December 13th, 2012, 02:19 PM
Good Morning everyone San Diego has found winter its cold and rainy and they say our Mts will get snow...Doesnt help me kick my cough but at leat its not so bad....No sewing this two days off Like Blondie I am a slob at heart and my sewing room has become Christmas central..wrapping and presents everywhere...My pups would love to get into the presents right now if I would let them...Coffee in hand but no motivation to drive in the rain people out here just dont get it and I need to go grocery shopping..if it lets up I may venture out but we shall see.
Have a great day ALL!!!!

Sew Perfect
December 13th, 2012, 02:29 PM
Happy Thursday, everyone! I actually went to bed a little earlier last night, so I'm ready to get my final project finished and ready to meet the mail man tomorrow. Still waiting on my mothers' quilt to come back from the quilter. I think my dads' quilt will be done first.

My DD brought home a wild dog, which has destroyed our back yard and is working on the inside of the house too. My husband and I are beside ourselves right now. We told her she can stay but the dog must go. Makes me crazy just thinking about it!

Have a great day today. Keeping those who need it in my prayers...SEW AND PRESS ON! :icon_wave:

toggpine
December 13th, 2012, 02:48 PM
I have the grandson today. So we'll see if I can get anything else done with him here. I don't know his routine yet. I used to be able to get about a half an hour of stuff done before Em needed some attention.

Well, I didn't even get that thought finished....

I think I'm going to have to make the boy some pants. He has two nearly too-small onesies in the dresser and the pair of jeans he had on. The jeans weren't going to make it much past breakfast with the way he eats. So he's pants-less for breakfast. I know he has to have clothes someplace, but I can't find anything the right size (big enough) in the mess that is my step-son's bedroom.

Flannel pants in a 12 to 18 month size shouldn't take too long right????

Wish me luck.

auntiemern
December 13th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Good day all. Lots of stuff going on, on the forum right now. Prayers for all of you. Unfortunately my war zone, will have to be cleaned up before Christmas, as it is in the hub of the house. Tree is up, may or may not get it decorated today. I have a 4-5 hr one way drive looking at me tomorrow in the early AM. Have to take Bubby to a hospital down there that will do his dental work. (his front teeth were damaged during one of his many surgery's) Apparently there is not one hospital in all of St. Louis, that will do it and take her insurance. So, because of his medical history, they will not do simple sedation in either dentist office or oral surgeon's. He needs to be in a hospital setting. May make it back tomorrow, may not. If not, they have provided accomodations for us at Ronald McDonald House in the hospital. Getting my SSS package shipped today. She should get it early next week. Need to get out of here, lots to do today. Hugs and blessings for all. Prayers for all that need them. (The list grows daily :( )

meemeecyn
December 13th, 2012, 03:34 PM
Hey all! Blondie, what quilter/crafter has a neat area. If it is too neat, nothing is getting made!
Monique....that is a good mantra. Worrying won't change anything and you could put yourself in a tailspin all for nothing!
Was there an earlier thread on the scarf, Myrna?
Have a great day everyone! Prayers for all who are in need.
Cynthia

bkthomas
December 13th, 2012, 09:31 PM
So glad to hear I'm not the only one with a messy sewing room!!! Prayers and Hugs all around.......

bec
December 13th, 2012, 10:24 PM

Good morning everyone. Dee I am glad you are able to get around better these days. Sounds like you will be very busy in the coming days. So sad to say that I did not get everything done that I wanted for the holidays. Work keeps getting in the way. Oh well.

Sorry dear Friends, I just needed to vent a little. Did I mention that I WILL NOT WORRY!

Today I WILL finish those darn place mats come hell or high water.

Have a wonderful day everyone. I love you all.

Monique, I hope the D&C turns out okay. I'm praying for the Lord to comfort you and that everything will turn out A-okay. Hugs.

Sandy Navas
December 13th, 2012, 10:26 PM
Did I check in this morning? I know I won't tomorrow. Who told me that going back to work at my age would be a breeze. I have never been so tired in my whole life. Totally fried, exhausted, sore from head to toe. Friend has this estate sale business and I volunteered to help her out. HUGE house, TWO barns, TWO garages - filled to the BRIM. FILTHY - Sale starts in the morning and I need to be there (40 miles away) at 7 a.m. If you don't hear from me until next week (or maybe after Christmas) don't worry.

Oh, if I were only 20 and well-exercised. Not used to being on my feet all day and moving, cleaning, sweeping . . . too much fun! It is a good sore though!!

Love you all!!

BellasQuilts
December 13th, 2012, 10:46 PM
Great day today for some business I had to do. Just a gift or two left to mail. Siblings say they love their handmade runners, mats, etc. so scored there! Prayers being said for Mr. Daisy, Monique, Wayne, and Matt especially today. Hugs to all. Megan

Ginny B
December 13th, 2012, 11:31 PM
Hi there everyone. Sure sounds like everyone is being busy little elves. I am right there with everyone having their sewing area a mess!! I need to get it straightened out soon -- I am more productive then. I think if I can just move the plants that had to be moved in there during the hurricane/construction time that will help tremendously.(they can't go back outside now -- too cold) Then there is the really, really old lamp of my grandmothers' that my son brought to me. I didn't want anything to happen to it during the construction so I put it up there too and it is still there. It needs to be someplace else -- just don't know exactly where that is.

I need to finish up a quilt for a co-worker of dh's and then onto other projects that he said "sure, no problem" to for other co-workers of his. Luckily, they are small projects but they are for Christmas so I need to move quickly. And I still need to finish up Max' quilt. I wanted to make some Christmas placemats for us but not sure that is going to happen.

Will be keeping all those who need uplifting in my prayers. Take care everyone.

Yippee!! Tomorrow is Friday.

Ginny B