PDA

View Full Version : Prayer Request

Meli
December 12th, 2012, 10:00 PM
I have just come from the hospital where a dear friend of mine is watching over her husband of nearly 30 years. Matani was in the hospital over the weekend being treated for bleeding ulcers. Monday morning around 8:30 he called Ruth to tell her he was being released. She was on her way to work and said she'd call her mother to see if she could come get him. Twenty minutes later she called him back, but no answer. In that 20 minutes he had suffered a massive stroke. He is at one of the leading hospitals in the US and is receiving the best possible care.

His stroke was the result of a 2" clot. I was in the room with her when the doctor came to review the MRI with her. I cannot begin to tell you how extensive the damage is. There are three different areas of damage and there is an indication of a small, active bleed as well. Yesterday, they told Ruth they needed her consent to remove a portion of his skull to relieve the pressure. Her husband was still coherent, so she held his hand, explained the situation, and that without the surgery he would die. But if he chose to live, the road ahead would be unbelievably hard. She asked him to squeeze her hand if he understood. He did. She asked him to sqeeze again if he wanted the surgery. He squeezed HARD! Through this basic, primitive level of communication, he indicated his strong desire to live.

They have kept him moderately sedated most of the day, and it looks like they'll continue to keep him that way through the night. While I was there, they were trying to bring him up to a mildly sedated state, but he was anxious and fidgety and his stats weren't where they needed to be.

Ruth never judges, always accepts, and leans on the Lord every day, always accepting His will, drawing strength and comfort from her beliefs. Today, she is still strong, but looked shaken after seeing the MRI.

I'm sorry this is such a ramble. You are amazing Prayer Warriors, and I know that your faith and your prayers can work miracles. Please keep this family in your prayers. My heartfelt love and thanks to all of you.

Meli

twnkeyes
December 12th, 2012, 10:03 PM
Oh my! I am saying a prayer this very minute. Please keep us posted.

alliek
December 12th, 2012, 10:07 PM
Meli, The prayer list grows long, but each one so important. Prayers for healing and peace being said for both.

Jean Sewing Machine
December 12th, 2012, 11:03 PM
Oh boy, what a difficult road ahead for them. Prayers for sure!

Sandy Navas
December 13th, 2012, 12:22 AM
We just never know what our Lord has in store for us. Prayers being said for the best possible outcome for both - and you, as a dear friend, too!

lilmouse
December 13th, 2012, 12:22 AM
Will definitely include them in my prayers....strokes are so hard on a family!

HandsOffItsMine
December 13th, 2012, 12:52 AM
Meli, as a family who has counted on this forum many times on their prayers, please know that Matani will be prayed for healing and Ruth to be given the strength to support him during this time.

Blessings for all, Ruby and Don

auntiemern
December 13th, 2012, 01:20 AM
With out a doubt they have my prayers. They have a long road ahead of them. Bless you as well hun, for being such a good friend. Prayers for all involved.

ThunderFan
December 13th, 2012, 01:22 AM
Praying now to the God of all comfort and wisdom.

BellasQuilts
December 13th, 2012, 01:27 AM
Prayers going up now.

EsGrandma
December 13th, 2012, 02:12 AM
Saying prayers for your dear friend's family and for you - Linda

pcbatiks
December 13th, 2012, 02:17 AM
Meli.....let your friend know that prayers are being said for her and her husband.

Lisapc
December 13th, 2012, 02:23 AM
My husband had cancer and I thank God every night and every day that he is cancer free and alive and with us today. I spent 4 separate times during his cancer treatments at home with our son while he was fighting yet another complication waiting for the phone to ring. He wanted me home with our son unless he wasn't going to make it. Our little one was 3, 4 and 5 at the time. 4 times I waited for the call to come say goodbye and notify his extended family. His will is what kept him here with us. His doctors call him the miracle man. No one expected him to live, except for him. Your friends husband has a strong will and I am fully, body and soul praying for them.

bkthomas
December 13th, 2012, 03:05 AM
So sorry to hear this Meli..............

Meli
December 13th, 2012, 03:09 AM
What a wonderful story. Thank you so much for sharing it! Give your miracle man a big hug for me.

My husband had cancer and I thank God every night and every day that he is cancer free and alive and with us today. I spent 4 separate times during his cancer treatments at home with our son while he was fighting yet another complication waiting for the phone to ring. He wanted me home with our son unless he wasn't going to make it. Our little one was 3, 4 and 5 at the time. 4 times I waited for the call to come say goodbye and notify his extended family. His will is what kept him here with us. His doctors call him the miracle man. No one expected him to live, except for him. Your friends husband has a strong will and I am fully, body and soul praying for them.

brook
December 13th, 2012, 03:50 AM
My Mom went down this same road. He's in my prayers.

Musical_Starling
December 13th, 2012, 08:49 AM
Meli honey, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend and her husband! They are in my prayers. Keep us updated when you can?

Monique
December 13th, 2012, 09:18 AM
Meli, prayers being said.

CrazyMtnLady
December 13th, 2012, 11:52 AM
Will add him to my prayer list.

Meli
December 13th, 2012, 12:10 PM
Meli.....let your friend know that prayers are being said for her and her husband.

I did just that, told her what an amazing group of faithful women we have here. She said this:
"Thank you. Please tell them I know their prayers will help and it gives me comfort to hear of their prayers."

SuzyQue
December 13th, 2012, 12:24 PM
Prayers added for your friend and her husband.

Slokarma
December 13th, 2012, 12:31 PM
O my, my heart goes out to your friends.

Carolyn23
December 13th, 2012, 12:54 PM
So sorry to hear this sad news. My heart goes out to all. My prayers go up for all! "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God." II Corinthians 1:3-4

Tanya D
December 13th, 2012, 01:15 PM
What horrible news. I will say a prayer for him and your friend.