PDA

View Full Version : Mr Daisy update

Divine Daisy
December 12th, 2012, 09:18 PM
The sky over Daisy World is a little grey sadly. We were so looking forward to things picking up again but here we are, not a month on from finishing radiotherepy and Mr Daisy is wilting before my eyes. Instead of getting stronger he is less well every day. He is coughing again (which was his very first symptom way back when) and is so tired and getting weaker. We see the consultant on Friday so we should get a new PET scan quickly after that so we can see what is going on.

I would tell you that this has knocked the stuffing out of me if I had any stuffing left lol. I would tell you I am managing to work but I can't cause I'm not.

I have been trying to push on with all the things I have to get done but managed to cut the tip of my right forefinger cooking and then I sewed the tip of my left forefinger so I am properly out of action. My secret santa parcel which I sent at the beginning of November came back undelivered and now poor Donna won't get her pressie. All in all I want to swear.................a lot!

We are still hoping to be able to go away at the end of January, even if we don;t do more when we are there other than sit and watch the waves.

Sorry for the rant and sorry not to have been very active on the forum.

bkthomas
December 12th, 2012, 09:23 PM
Mr. & Mrs Daisy, May God hold you both in the palm of his hand and give you both the strength and comfort you both so richly deserve, Amen

HandsOffItsMine
December 12th, 2012, 09:28 PM
Our family wishes you both strength and have kept both of you in our daily prayers. I'm sure that the cottage by the sea will be a great retreat for both of you.

Blessings from the Schmers and the Stegers.

Jean Sewing Machine
December 12th, 2012, 09:29 PM
So very sorry to hear things are not progressing well. I sure hope this is a temporary setback and he starts to feel stronger soon. Also, hope the scan shows things are OK. We can only offer our prayers for both of you and know we are here for any rant that you need to let go of. Here's hoping for an infusion of stuffing, healing for your talented fingers, and a change for the better. Love from Missouri my dear friend!

shannonsaulter
December 12th, 2012, 09:32 PM
You and Mr Daisy are in my thoughts we will keep you there tucked in the warmth of positive energy...(((HUGS)))

Cat n bull
December 12th, 2012, 09:34 PM
{{Mr and Mrs Daisy}}

Monique
December 12th, 2012, 09:38 PM
Sorry to hear that Mr. Daisy is not doing so well. Prayers being said for both of you. Maybe the cottage by the sea is just what you need.

bec
December 12th, 2012, 09:42 PM
This makes me so sad. Praying for you both...(HUGS)

sewbizzy
December 12th, 2012, 09:46 PM
Keeping Mr. Daisy in my prayers---and you also Mrs.Daisy----Hugs and Blessings

Lonna
December 12th, 2012, 09:51 PM
Oh Ms. Daisy I am so sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers are with you both. May the good Lord keep and bless you both.

GrammaBabs
December 12th, 2012, 09:56 PM
Keeping you both in the front of my thoughts and prayers.... why is life so unfair???? May God get you thru all this... hugs GB

alliek
December 12th, 2012, 10:04 PM
"PEACE I LEAVE WITH YOU; MY PEACE I GIVE TO YOU. NOT AS THE WORLD GIVES DO I GIVE TO YOU. LET NOT YOUR HEARTS BE TROUBLED, NEITHER LET THEM BE AFRAID" JOHN14;27

twnkeyes
December 12th, 2012, 10:10 PM
Miss Daisy, my prayers for you and Mr. Daisy. Try to keep your faith as difficult as it is. God is holding you both in His arms.

grannyann
December 12th, 2012, 10:23 PM
I am so sorry for your sadness especially this time of the year. I can tell by your words just how much you love your Mr Daisy.
I know you are a blessing to him and he knows it and loves you in return. May it be in Gods plan to heal you both and give you some peace and comfort.
Praying for you both. Hugs and blessings to both of you.

K. McEuen
December 12th, 2012, 10:46 PM
Sorry to hear that Mr. D isn't doing well. You both have been through enough that you all deserve some kind of a break soon. I hope both of you can manage to have a happy holiday and a good get-away.

You both are in my thoughts and prayers.

Gayle8675309
December 12th, 2012, 10:57 PM
I'm so, so sorry to hear this. You have my prayers. I pray that you will still get good results on Friday and that your hubby starts to improve finally.

Gayle

NanaB
December 12th, 2012, 10:59 PM
Daisy, you and Mr. D. are in my prayers. My prayer is that God will hold you both in the palm of his hand and give you strength and healing. I love you both.

bopeep
December 12th, 2012, 11:16 PM
I am sorry to hear this.....
{{{HUGS}}} & {{{{PRAYERS}}}
bopeep

Jess1377
December 12th, 2012, 11:26 PM
I am so sad to hear this news, I will continue to keep you in my prayers as well.

nurrsey
December 12th, 2012, 11:27 PM
My prayers for both of you.

BellasQuilts
December 12th, 2012, 11:28 PM
You hang tough now, girl. We are here and prayers are being uplifted. Just set your head on one of our shoulders, take a break and even have a good cry, Lord knows you deserve one. Then we will stand you back up, wipe away tears and kick you in the butt to stay the course. We all love that man of yours (some of us more than we should, eh Sandy? LOL) so there are too many here to support you both. Hugs from California. Megan

lilmouse
December 13th, 2012, 12:17 AM
So sorry to hear your tale of woes......hope you get a good report on Friday and that he needs some meds to perk him back up; and you are definitely out of condition to do much of anything which doesn't help matters either....will continue to pray for both of you; hope your fingers heal quickly......know how that goes! I am the number one klutz, only I can trip over air!

Sandy Navas
December 13th, 2012, 12:19 AM
Praying, cussing, toasting, keeping my fingers crossed - hoping for the best. Sometimes the quiet comes before the healing. I cannot begin to tell you how much this saddens me. I just cannot imagine what the two of you have been through. Hoping the PET is fine! Love you both so very much!!

stitching woman
December 13th, 2012, 12:26 AM
Prayers, Hugs and much love coming your way. With prayers and the love of God all things are possible wishing you both the very best.

pcbatiks
December 13th, 2012, 02:11 AM
Mr. & Mrs Daisy, May God hold you both in the palm of his hand and give you both the strength and comfort you both so richly deserve, Amen

Ms Daisy..........Kathy's prayer says what all of us are praying for you and Mr Daisy right now. I pray that you both can feel the presence of those prayers around you. Will be praying for a good report for Mr Daisy.........let him know that you both are in our thoughts.

phoots
December 13th, 2012, 02:40 AM
Daisy, I will be praying for Mr. Daisy. I love you both!

Pam in Vegas

Lisapc
December 13th, 2012, 02:42 AM
I was the sole emotional and physical support for my husband when he was fighting cancer. It was a long and difficult fight. I understand your pain. A couple of times as soon as treatment was over I would see him doing well for a few weeks and then suddenly not and it is hard. I am here, I am sadly experienced if you need some support. I have been there and there isn't much else that is harder. My brain and body shut down and I kept going for him.

I am praying for the both of you because you are both having a horrible time. If you need me, not someone you know but someone who has been there I am here.

Madeforyouinma11
December 13th, 2012, 02:48 AM
Oh, Daisy... I'm so sorry you both have to go through this. Know that I am thinking good thoughts and sending prayers to you both.
(((((HUGS))))) and love.

auntiemern
December 13th, 2012, 02:49 AM
My dear, sad Ms. Daisy. This is such disheartening news. Praying for strength and positive PET scan for Mr. D. Praying for strength, and endurance for you. Praying that God will lift you both up into his loving arms, and make everything better for the both of you. You have been a rock for so long, maybe it is time for you to just let some of that go. Throw a fit, cry, cuss or whatever you need to do, to help relieve some of the heavy burden you have been carrying on your shoulders for way to long. Hugs for both you and Mr.D.

MayinJerset
December 13th, 2012, 03:31 AM
This makes me so sad. Praying for you both...(HUGS)
Sigh, me too. Hang in there, May in Jersey

Blondie
December 13th, 2012, 07:18 AM
Prayers continuing. My heart is saddened.

Swedish leo
December 13th, 2012, 07:26 AM
Lots of love and hugs comming your way! Hope that things turn to the better soon!

Donna F
December 13th, 2012, 07:40 AM
You and Mr. D are more important than a box. I'm more worried about the two of you! Just take care of the two of you and don't worry about anything else. Hugs!

Winniesfriend
December 13th, 2012, 07:50 AM
I know we all wish you had better news, we all love you and Mr D. continued hugs and prayers for you and your family,

quilter.martha
December 13th, 2012, 08:49 AM
You and Mr. Daisy are surrounded by our love and support. We'll keep praying for that miracle. And in the mean time, come back to us any time you need to vent. We love you and stand with you Daisy.

Musical_Starling
December 13th, 2012, 08:57 AM
I am saying prayers for you both Daisy honey, and I hope you get some good news on Friday. And go ahead and swear away if you feel the need. Better out than in :)

MRoy
December 13th, 2012, 09:08 AM
Praying for you both! (((((HUGS)))))

CrazyMtnLady
December 13th, 2012, 11:51 AM
Ms Daisy, You and Mr. Daisy are in my prayers every day. I will say a few extra prayers for Mr. D. and I pray God will keep him in his light of healing.

New York Sue
December 13th, 2012, 12:13 PM
There are no words I can find, that haven't already been shared. I sometimes wish we all lived in a little village together, so we could prop each other when needed. Run to the store, or maybe a doctor's appointment. If we were neighbors, Miss Daisy, I'd be busy making a pot of Italian Chicken Stew, and baking a loaf of crusty Italian bread for you and Mr. Daisy. Because in the absence of not knowing what to do, or say, I usually cook.
Not an option an ocean away....
My BEST thoughts your way. And PLEASE take care of you! ;)

SuzyQue
December 13th, 2012, 12:19 PM
More prayers continued for you both. Being a care giver is generally the harder spot to be in. Take care of you in whatever way works best. I am saddened by your latest report. Hang in there. God is in this, too!

buckeyequilter
December 13th, 2012, 12:30 PM
So sorry to hear this. My prayers are with both of you.

Bubby
December 13th, 2012, 01:06 PM
Daisy...Our family extends our prayers and well wishes for both of you. There are a lot of ups and downs with cancer treatment. This could be nothing more than a dip followed my a big reversal. Keep the faith....one day at a time. Hugs, Barb

Tanya D
December 13th, 2012, 01:09 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Carolyn23
December 13th, 2012, 01:20 PM
Such sad news. Is it just me, or do things seem to get particularly hard this time of year for so many? May God bring comfort and good health to you and Mr. Daisy. Praying.

Loonwatcher
December 13th, 2012, 01:39 PM
Oh dear. Sending all my possitive energy and good thoughts your way. And praying for relief to all your woes.

Klasien
December 13th, 2012, 03:16 PM
I am so so sorry to hear this!!!!

Hang in there, when my brother was so sick we told each other, to take it one day at the time.......I want to tell you the same thing, one day, don't look ahead, don't look back..........I know that is so hard to do, but I think it is the only way to stay strong!!!

I am sending you and Mr D lots and lots of good thoughts and prayers across the Northsea.......I wish there was something we could really do for you! I hope you feel all the love and prayers, hang in there dear Daisy, we are all here for you and your hubby!!!

(((((HUGS))))))

meemeecyn
December 13th, 2012, 03:23 PM
Am so sorry to hear this! What fighters you two are.....you are both made of very strong stuff. We'll keep praying for you.
Cynthia

promqueen
December 13th, 2012, 04:17 PM
My prayers are with you both. Hugs to all............Mary Ann

Patrice
December 13th, 2012, 04:44 PM
I am so sorry for you Ms Daisy. Know that I am praying for you both. God Bless

bakermom
December 13th, 2012, 05:05 PM
You are in my prayers

Poppytree
December 14th, 2012, 02:33 AM
So sorry to hear that Mr. Daisy is not doing as well as hoped. You are both in our prayers. I do hope you get through the next few days with less strain and stress and that the cottage by the sea will be just what you need to buck you up and something to look forward to.