PDA

View Full Version : January Jelly Roll race over at PatternReview site, come join along!

HdWench
December 12th, 2012, 08:54 PM
Hey all,

I also belong to the great website for Pattern Reviews. Since January we typically are in a use up the Stash contest, they have decided to do a 1 week Jelly Roll race contest.

You do NOT have to be a paying member to join in the fun -- you will probably have to make a log in, but that's all.

Come join here if you want to sprint along with Jenny's video

http://sewing.patternreview.com/SewingDiscussions/topic/74190

Jean Sewing Machine
December 12th, 2012, 09:39 PM
I've gotten the process down to about one hour, once the strips are sewn together, but not 30 minutes for the whole thing. It takes me 25 minutes to sew the first row, then half again,half again, etc. of course, getting help from a cat does lengthen the process.

lilmouse
December 13th, 2012, 12:35 AM
Jean I have never been able to do one in an hour....not even the one I straight stitched the seam because I added a white 2 1/2 in square at the end of each strip......I can usually get one done in a day with borders and completely ironed...but have never timed myself....just go for it....now maybe if I had the William Tell Overture to listen to it might speed things up a little but I just take my time and go.....that first seam is a killer; after that it gets better!

HdWench
December 21st, 2012, 09:40 AM
hahaha It takes me 2 days to pick through and organize the various colors in a Jelly Roll!!! I think I've picked up OCD :-)

We are over there betting on who will be in LAST place, and there are three of us fighting over that. It's schedule for Mid-January is anyone is interested. All prep work can be done ahead, timing begins with the first seam and they have 1 week scheduled. fun Fun

Bubby
December 21st, 2012, 09:45 AM
I'm not a racer...I'm in for the long haul!! I'm with Jean, I can't make one in 35 minutes, which I believe is the record. After my long strip is pieced, it takes me about 45-60 minutes to do the sewing. Any quilt top you can finish in less than 4 hours with borders and pressing is a minor miracle in my world! Good Luck to you in your race....Jean and I will be your cheerleaders!!

HdWench
December 21st, 2012, 10:19 AM
Aww thanks, I'm eyeing last place LOL 2 days to sort the batiks double pack Love Letters hmm then I'll be online looking for ideas of how else I can cut it when done, that will be another day or so wandering around. yep, it's a 3 way tie right now for last and we haven't begun :-) God Bless you all and STAY WARM today and safe please. Read about the snow.