PDA

View Full Version : Free Motion vs. Stitch in the Ditch

Tslave57
October 29th, 2010, 12:29 PM
Good morning ladies - I was curious as to how many of you do your own quilting or send it out to be quilted. Also, if you do it yourself, which do you think is better and/or easier? Free Motion or Stich in the Ditch.

I'd love to hear your thoughts and opinions.

Teresa

sally
October 29th, 2010, 01:13 PM
At this point I am sending mine out but I want to learn free motion.

janluna
October 29th, 2010, 01:51 PM
I can't do stitch in the ditch very well. It's really hard if you want it to look really good. I love the designs in the stencils. They are so pretty. We were looking at some patterns just yesterday. Hand quilting is really fun and calming and as my friend Carol says it calls you..... come stitch me..... lol I like applique too. If I was to do a large quilt I'd probably have to have it machine quilted or I'd never get it done. LOL But small stuff is so fun to hand quilt. All done with classes until after the holidays. Hopefully I can finish something I've started. LOL The dryer calls, time to hang up clothes and fold those that don't need hanging then on to the next load. LOL Talk to you later. Hope you have a good afternoon and evening. Talk later. Hugs, Jan

patticakes
October 29th, 2010, 05:44 PM
I used to only hand quilt but bought a better machine so I could machine quilt a few months ago. I loved to use the walking foot and have done some stitch in the ditch and enjoyed it. My free motion is not real good yet but I hope with practice I will get better. Really I prefer to hand quilt because I find stitching so relaxing but it just takes too long.
I've never sent one out but I see that they are beautiful. Just don't want to spend the money.
Take care,
Patti