PDA

View Full Version : What day is it? I don't believe it!

Sandy Navas
December 12th, 2012, 09:21 AM
Hey, Ladies and Gents - it is definitely 12/12/12 and it is Wednesday. Guess what? I never knew what tired was until I got back on my feet and did some heavy work. Helped with organizing the upcoming estate sale yesterday. Talk about hurting. I can hardly move and we're at it again today. And, I managed to fall out of bed early enough to be there. Oh, do I ever have muscles and joints. I can feel each and every single one of them.

Came home to the smell of pizza rolls and crispy hot dogs and five giggling girls in the kitchen. Whenever they try to cook something truly smelly at home it is making Mom very, very sick - so they have been coming over here occasionally to eat their evening meal. DD says the smell of anything cooking is making her gag. Hope this is a short-lived morning sickness - and wish it only lasted in the mornings. Usually the girls are good about cleaning up but Al and I had an outside engagement and had to leave shortly after I got home from work, so I returned home to see a sink full of dirty dishes. Al assures me he'll do a clean-up while I'm gone today.

Anyone out there collect Goebel works? In the attic of this place we found a huge box of Goebel plates that are still boxed with their original receipts from the 1970's. What a collection. I was just looking on e-Bay and guess they are out of favor because they aren't bringing what I thought they would. Interesting.

Okay, before I am late I'd best finish up here and get on with it.

My you have a wonderful pain free day!!

MayinJerset
December 12th, 2012, 09:34 AM
Sandy I feel your pain and I only did some housework and began wrapping and mailing Christmas gifts.

It's the day of the 12s and a cold one at that. Got to get to the PO, last night's plan was to be there before they opened to avoid a crowd but as you can see at almost 7:30 I'm still home. Packages almost ready, have to pack and add biscotti to last one and it's done. Dining room is a mess but all gifts have been put into big holiday shopping bags by family, receipts saved and clean up needed ASAP as I need dining room table to pin a quilt on later today.

Here's a photo of my Story Weavers small quilt/book group. We had a pot luck dinner last week and all 8 members attended plus a former member who moved. Nice group of gals. Photos is kind of small but that's the best I could do as it wasn't my photo. May33860

Blondie
December 12th, 2012, 09:38 AM

Happy Wednesday, Happy 12-12-12 and Smile! It's 12 more shopping or sewing days until Christmas. Man, I pulled an all nighter, sewing and sewing and sewing and sewing. Then after hubs left, I laid down for a nap and wow, here it is 7:30. The grand dogs will be here shortly and I am in needing to stretch.

I had much hand stitching to work on as I sewed like a fiend yesterday, coming up for air for my favored coke zero - after the coffee pot was empty. Last night after dinner - hubs picked up some KFC on his way home - what a splurge - and I was back to sewing. I put on flicks from the dvr andre watched this last season of Downton Abbey; can hardly wait for January. What a show. Sis and I have been caught up, totally enthralled by the splendor of the show, wishing our hubs would watch with us.

I finally finished up a COC quilt which was needing binding, two table runners, two handbags. And a partridge in a pear tree.

Off to really wake up in a shower.

CrazyMtnLady
December 12th, 2012, 09:48 AM
Good Morning Sandy and everyone that comes in after. Sounds like you need to get in my hot tub and soak those muscles and joints. I know I would hate to be without my hot tub it is a lifesaver.
I have never collected Goebel plates. But it amazes me how some things can become so expensive and other things just don't seem to appreciate. I have a box of Berta Hummel Christmas ornaments I have been trying to sell and I can't get any one interested. I think I have around 45 of them.
We didn't go to town yesterday so I am pretty sure we will go today. I got my rope bowl finished but for some reason all of a sudden I can't get any pictures to upload. I never had a problem before. I don't know what is going on. :(
I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Hugs and prayers to all.

buckeyequilter
December 12th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Good morning...

Well now I'm in a rush to get stuff done. Got 2 more placemats to bind but I might take the binding off the first 2 I did and redo them - because it's kind of wonky. I have 4 of the ornaments almost done - need to put the fabric in the middle and the ribbon on them. I have a table runner that needs finished up. I want to decorate this week-end so I'm hoping to have most everything ready to go. I think the only thing completely finished is the tree skirt - and that was the first project I made from Jenny's tuts and the one that led to this forum so when I see that around my tree I'll think of everyone here :)

I think I'll spend Sunday wrapping gifts - hoping my daughter can help because she's a better gift wrapper than I am. The ones I wrap look like they were wrapped by pre-schoolers (actually the pre-schoolers probably do a better job).

The Goebel plates are really cute but I don't collect them. I collect Fenton glass but I'm careful with that and only buy something if it really catches my attention. I used to collect bears and I have so many that most of them are boxed up and put away, I have a few in the curio that were special gifts (I used to get bears from the kids for everything - until I told them I went out of the bear business).

Have a wonderful day! Prayers and hugs to all.

Loonwatcher
December 12th, 2012, 10:47 AM
Sandy - don't wear yourself out, you'll get sick. The only Goebel piece I'm wishing for is the Monk Cookie Jar. I have the matching salt and pepper shakers inherrited from my MIL and since I collect cookie jars I thought the matching monk CJ would be great.

Blondie - OH NO! Only 12 more days?!? I better bite the bullet and quilt that last lap quilt I need to finish up. I'm scared to do it so I've been putting it off. But once it's done so am I and I can finally pick up the "wrap central" mess that is cluttering up my dining table and dress it up with the table runner I got from Barb.

Hope everyone has a great day.

bakermom
December 12th, 2012, 11:10 AM
Sandy, we have friends that work occasionally with an auctioneer. They have found some weird, some amazing things. but you are right , it is tiring work.
I started wrapping yesterday, did not get too far. Hope I do better today. I will have to redo one potholder, too. bias tape is not my friend! I have time for that, it's for our family Xmas AFTER the real one.
It's such a busy time at work now, I come home tired and achy. I have bouts with sciatica and it is showing up again. I have exercises that help but not much. Things slow at work after the holidays so that should help.

pcbatiks
December 12th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Yikes!!! Only 12 more days....it is sneaking up on me! Still can't decide on a few gifts for family! Hope everyone has a great day!

Monique
December 12th, 2012, 11:21 AM
I had a cute Wednesday picture but now I can't find it. Oh well.

Work was really quiet yesterday. I got the binding done on two place mats and did some embroidery on some blocks that were given to me. Kept me busy in the afternoon. Today, I NEED to finish those place mats. I have no idea what the rest of the day holds.

Sandy, take care of those aching muscles. Get Al to rub you down. hehehehe

To all my friends, have a wonderful day.

Jean Sewing Machine
December 12th, 2012, 12:07 PM
Hey, Ladies and Gents - it is definitely 12/12/12 and it is Wednesday. Guess what? I never knew what tired was until I got back on my feet and did some heavy work. Helped with organizing the upcoming estate sale yesterday. Talk about hurting. I can hardly move and we're at it again today. And, I managed to fall out of bed early enough to be there. Oh, do I ever have muscles and joints. I can feel each and every single one of them.

Came home to the smell of pizza rolls and crispy hot dogs and five giggling girls in the kitchen. Whenever they try to cook something truly smelly at home it is making Mom very, very sick - so they have been coming over here occasionally to eat their evening meal. DD says the smell of anything cooking is making her gag. Hope this is a short-lived morning sickness - and wish it only lasted in the mornings. Usually the girls are good about cleaning up but Al and I had an outside engagement and had to leave shortly after I got home from work, so I returned home to see a sink full of dirty dishes. Al assures me he'll do a clean-up while I'm gone today.

Anyone out there collect Goebel works? In the attic of this place we found a huge box of Goebel plates that are still boxed with their original receipts from the 1970's. What a collection. I was just looking on e-Bay and guess they are out of favor because they aren't bringing what I thought they would. Interesting.

Okay, before I am late I'd best finish up here and get on with it.

My you have a wonderful pain free day!! My mother in law collected Hummels, made by Goebel. She had some authentic ones and some fake ones. Her sister had a rich husband who gave her a new one on every occasion, she had hundreds of them. Wonder who has that collection now? I have a Goebel madonna, given to me on my first communion. It is very pretty and in pretty good shape for being given to a child to take care of. I also have a Flower Madonna, they were very expensive and brought a good price, but she fell once and her had broke off. That messes up the value a bunch.

Granny Judy
December 12th, 2012, 12:54 PM
Grabbing some time to have a snack and see what ya all are doing today.. I went out of the collection business when I downsized and moved in with DD#2. No place to "show off" here. I even donated my music box collection to Goodwill. Kept a few favorites.. but the majority is gone.

Got a few ornaments to finish up for gift giving. Freezing my tush off since the furnace quit working. A new one will be installed this coming Monday (5 days from now).;.. Guess what I am getting for Christmas? HEAT! LOL...

Some hand work to do and I'm finished with Christmas hand made items.

shannonsaulter
December 12th, 2012, 07:07 PM
Yes finally a day off...went to breakfast,shopped now home housework comp time
and wrapping gifts. Hope everyone has a great day..