PDA

View Full Version : Think I'm on my way back to quilting

Cellomom
December 11th, 2012, 10:28 PM
Hello Everyone,
I'm checking in after a time away from quilting and sewing. I just got back from my doc today and he says my hand is looking good even though I still cannot bend my fingers to make a fist. It's just healing very slowly even with hand therapy. I'm back to work and driving after 3 months! It's so good to go somewhere without having to depend on someone to take me. Maybe I'll be quilting again soon. I sure hope so! I've loved seeing everyone's Christmas projects and homemade gifts!

Jean Sewing Machine
December 11th, 2012, 10:42 PM
Glad you are healing! We missed you! Hope you can get back to quilting soon!

bakermom
December 11th, 2012, 10:43 PM
Glad you're healing well. It is frustrating to have to depend on others when you're used to doing for yourself.

bec
December 12th, 2012, 12:00 AM
Wishing you a speedier recovery so you can get back to quilting and other stuff, too. :)

bopeep
December 12th, 2012, 12:06 AM
Good to hear from you.......Praying that you will be 100% real soon.....
bopeep

carrie liz
December 12th, 2012, 12:26 AM
My fingers don't bend either and I can't make a fist but I can use the Fiskar rotary cutter. Hope you improve but don't get discouraged. There are lots of handy tools to keep you sewing.

SuzyQue
December 12th, 2012, 01:40 AM
Prayers said for continued healing. Been missing you on here. Hope to see your new projects soon!

auntiemern
December 12th, 2012, 03:23 AM
Praying for a speedy recovery. It is just so hard to have to depend on others to help us. Make sure you do your excercises and before you know it, you will be back to quilting.

lilmouse
December 12th, 2012, 04:46 AM
It is great to hear from you....hope the healing continues.....and I will put you in my prayers for some extra healing!

Winniesfriend
December 12th, 2012, 09:33 AM
How frustrating for you, I hope you are back on here soon showing us your creations.

Blondie
December 12th, 2012, 09:50 AM
Oh welcome back sweetie! You have certainly been on this blonde's brain and heart, sorry that the healing is slow going.
I betcha it felt weird driving again! And I betcha your bucket list has increased 10 fold.
Good to see you back here.
Big ol' hugs and lotsa love

Blondie

Hello Everyone,
I'm checking in after a time away from quilting and sewing. I just got back from my doc today and he says my hand is looking good even though I still cannot bend my fingers to make a fist. It's just healing very slowly even with hand therapy. I'm back to work and driving after 3 months! It's so good to go somewhere without having to depend on someone to take me. Maybe I'll be quilting again soon. I sure hope so! I've loved seeing everyone's Christmas projects and homemade gifts!

CrazyMtnLady
December 12th, 2012, 10:11 AM
Welcome back! My prayers go out for your continued healing.

Monique
December 12th, 2012, 07:28 PM
Glad to hear you are healing. Nice to see you back!

SuziC
December 12th, 2012, 09:00 PM
What great news...i hope you are feeling better everyday and can get back to sewing soon!!

BellasQuilts
December 13th, 2012, 01:56 AM
So happy to hear you are healing up, albeit slower that you want. Give it all time, you will be back sewing in the New Year!