PDA

View Full Version : Christmas shopping at Kmart....

buckeyequilter
December 11th, 2012, 12:24 PM
Last night I went to Kmart to get something for my daughter that I could only find there. Well I picked up something for DH too. When I checked out they took my phone number for the rewards card stuff. I then had the option of an e-receipt or both an e-receipt and paper receipt. I chose the e and paper and after I pushed the button for that it came up that the receipt would be sent to DH's e-mail (his was on the card). Well before I got home he had an e-mail and knew what I had bought for him. I called Kmart's corporate office this morning and let them know that I was not happy about the way they do this. I won't buy him another gift there, that's for sure.

So if anyone shops at Kmart and your DH's or another person's e-mail address is on the card just be aware that they will get a copy of the receipt.

Claire Hallman
December 11th, 2012, 01:57 PM
Oh no! Sorry the cat is out of the bag.

auntiemern
December 11th, 2012, 03:03 PM
Well that just stinks. I would be pretty PO'ed too.

shannonsaulter
December 11th, 2012, 04:30 PM
I do e reciept but only have my email attached to it...

buckeyequilter
December 11th, 2012, 05:32 PM
I had to call Sears about the washing machine (they own Kmart or Kmart owns them or something like that)...anyways they asked for a contact number so I gave them my home number. He then proceeded to ask if it was a land line or cell - I told him land line. He then asked for a cell phone number and I told him no....he acted real surprised when I told him that. So then he asked for an e-mail and I told him no....surprise again. I told him "you have a phone number and that is where you can call us". He shut up then. I don't know why these places think they should have access to every form of communication you have.....they do not need it and I'm tired of them just assuming everyone has cell phones and e-mail. I guess they can spam you better with texts and e-mails LOL

CrazyMtnLady
December 11th, 2012, 05:40 PM
What a bummer. I hope he likes his gift though.

Lisaau
December 11th, 2012, 06:03 PM
email address connected to your credit card..........never heard of that new to me

Winniesfriend
December 11th, 2012, 06:53 PM
I was just thinking the same thing Lisa - I guess we will have it here sometime.

quiltingtrish
December 11th, 2012, 07:11 PM
I don't give out my cell number or email to any of the stores. If they say they need to have it when I make a purchase IN CASH, I tell them I don't have to buy their products. Also, don't give my home phone. Just give me my receipt and let me be on my merry way.

Hugs,

madampolo
December 11th, 2012, 07:27 PM
Don't anyone tell my hubby because he still doesn't know. One year, he ordered me an egg incubator. We had fertilized eggs, and I really had wanted an incubator to hatch them as it is a lot more reliable than using a sitting hen. He ordered one off the net and typed in his credit card number. He went on an errand, and the phone rang. They explained who they were, what he ordered, and that the credit card number must be wrong. I got out the card and gave them the correct number. I didn't mention it to him - EVER. I was pleasantly surprised to receive that present!

K. McEuen
December 11th, 2012, 08:54 PM
email address connected to your credit card..........never heard of that new to me

I get my credit card and utility bills by email. Paperless, saves trees, more secure than someone digging through your mailbox and getting your information.

Lisaau
December 12th, 2012, 04:33 AM
yep........credit card conencted to your email address doesnt happen in Australia....as winnie said maybe it wil come

MayinJerset
December 12th, 2012, 09:20 AM

Neither have I. If I shop at Kmart I usually use my credit card not my Sears one.

My credit card gives me points which I usually redeem this time of the year as gift cards as extra gifts to the grandkids. Had no problem doing that the past few years but this year I had to create a password and pass symbol to access my points. Turned out I created an account that will send me e statements instead of paper ones. I don't want that so I'm going to have to spend a lot of time online or most likely on the phone trying to change that. Yeah I know e statements save paper, etc. but the power it takes to monitor those accounts and send e statements, etc. also uses up resources.

buckeyequilter
December 12th, 2012, 09:35 AM
I wasn't using a credit card...it was Kmart's rewards card...you can get points or save some money or something. When you fill out the app for it you put your info on it. DH filled it out that one so his info is on it and that's the reason the receipt went to his e-mail.

My problem is they do not give you a choice of paper receipt only. It's either e-receipt or e-receipt and paper. So not matter what I chose he would have received an e-mail.

buckeyequilter
December 12th, 2012, 09:39 AM
I get my credit card and utility bills by email. Paperless, saves trees, more secure than someone digging through your mailbox and getting your information.

I don't like to receive mine by e-mail because:

1. It gets lost in all the spam I get.
2. I don't check my e-mail every day.
3. There are more cyber criminals waiting for your info than criminals hanging around a mail box. Firewalls don't stop them - especially when they can hack into banks...they'll walk right through my little ole firewall.

MayinJerset
December 12th, 2012, 09:40 AM
See what you mean Shirley. With all this new technology we never know just what we're agreeing to or what it may mean. No way you could have known they would tell DH what he's getting for Christmas. Bummer. May