PDA

View Full Version : Talk about unfriendly! Not a good way to start the day!

cyndiofthevortex
December 10th, 2012, 12:52 PM
I am part of a small quilt swap group and last night I was on-line looking for ideas for the theme of "Snow." I'm a bit stumped. So I started looking for free patterns. I came across a site that promised 1,000 free patterns, so I tried to look. I had to sign up to see them and the sign up process was so complicated! Well, I finally did it and I got my first email from them this morning. Jumping in hoping I would finally get to see some quilts for ideas, I instead found myself on a quilting board, supposedly like this one. There at the top of the page in very big, bold letters were the words, "THREE PEOPLE HAVE UNFRIENDED YOU." I had to laugh. I didn't even know I had any friends there, much less that they no longer liked me! What a blow to my ego! Do I mourn the loss of these friends, do some real soul-searching to see what I did to offend them, or just be thankful that I found out right away that no pattern is worth this kind of treatment?

Sandy Navas
December 10th, 2012, 01:01 PM
It is amazing the ads that pop up on some of the different sites when all we want to do is look at pretty quilt designs!

alliek
December 10th, 2012, 01:05 PM
No free pattern is worth that! Be wary of signing on with such complicated shenanigans, there is usually an ulterior motive behind it. I hope you don't get a lot of Spam e mails as a result.

Panda
December 10th, 2012, 01:10 PM
Hi Cyndi! Google quilts and click on images. A lot of quilts pictures come up, then you can click on a certain one and it will tell you about it.

Kathy

pcbatiks
December 10th, 2012, 01:12 PM
Cyndi.....we will still be your friends........................................... ...even if you did opened your SS gift early! :D :D

Nursmate2
December 10th, 2012, 01:12 PM
Yikes....That's stinks....Too bad you can unfriend the whole board :)

Musical_Starling
December 10th, 2012, 01:15 PM
They don't deserve an awesome friend like you anyway :D

cyndiofthevortex
December 10th, 2012, 01:19 PM
Cyndi.....we will still be your friends........................................... ...even if you did opened your SS gift early! :D :DNow it is good to start the day with a good laugh! Won't I ever live that down? After opening the box I haven't even peeked at my gifts! You must be like an elephant with a very good memory. Just don't remind Santa next year, please?

NanaB
December 10th, 2012, 01:25 PM
I'll still be your friend. THOSE people don't know what a good person they have just kicked to the curb!!!!

Jean Sewing Machine
December 10th, 2012, 01:47 PM
I got that same message on some other venue. It's malware watch out. It didn't have anything to do with you. Any website that promises something for free and then want all your information I stay away from after having my computer hijacked and having to spend multi hundreds to get it back. You don't need them. You have us!

auntiemern
December 10th, 2012, 01:55 PM
You are still my friend. That is why I never venture outside of here. There are reputable sites that offer free patterns and you don't have to join anything to get them. Stay here, and keep you and your computer safe. (((Cyndi)))

bakermom
December 10th, 2012, 01:59 PM
I've had that pop up on several sites. It's fishing for info I guess.

Bubby
December 10th, 2012, 02:00 PM
Nothing is worth that treatment. Stay here with us where you are loved and appreciated and be thankful we are totally different than most boards! Talk about getting blindsided!!

buckeyequilter
December 10th, 2012, 02:06 PM
LOL...not the friendly sort, are they? If it takes more than an e-mail and password to sign up - I don't do it. If they want my address, phone number, next of kin, life insurance info....well then they can find their members elsewhere.

cyndiofthevortex
December 10th, 2012, 02:51 PM
I was lulled in by the promise of free patterns. I unsubscribed right away but I fear I will still live to regret it. Oh, foolish me!

Sew Perfect
December 10th, 2012, 02:55 PM
It's a good thing you have all of us to fall back on!

Madeforyouinma11
December 10th, 2012, 03:28 PM
You are my friend, and to prove it, here is a link to "snow themed quilt images" just for you!
https://www.google.com/search?q=snow+themed+quilt+images&hl=en&client=safari&tbo=u&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ei=YCnGUKnkHLC70QGryoDADw&ved=0CDIQsAQ&biw=1024&bih=672

Here is another one that has quite a few...
http://crquilter.wordpress.com/free-quilt-patterns-themed/

cyndiofthevortex
December 10th, 2012, 03:44 PM
You are my friend, and to prove it, here is a link to "snow themed quilt images" just for you!
https://www.google.com/search?q=snow+themed+quilt+images&hl=en&client=safari&tbo=u&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ei=YCnGUKnkHLC70QGryoDADw&ved=0CDIQsAQ&biw=1024&bih=672

Here is another one that has quite a few...
http://crquilter.wordpress.com/free-quilt-patterns-themed/ Thank you for the great ideas! And you didn't even ask for my blood type! You are a friend. I found one I really like with a cutie pie applique snowman. No pattern but I think I can draw it up.

Carolyn23
December 10th, 2012, 03:55 PM
So..... I just asked to be your friend on this forum! Now you only need two more new friends on here to make up for that abrupt announcement on that other site! Lol

cyndiofthevortex
December 10th, 2012, 04:05 PM
Carolyn, LOL! You are so funny! I heartedly accept your friend request! This happy thread has made my day. Thank you all!

SuziC
December 10th, 2012, 04:45 PM
You are way better off not part of a site like that!!

Monique
December 10th, 2012, 09:45 PM
I want to be your friend too. I had to edit this post. WE ARE ALREADY FRIENDS. hahhahaha