PDA

View Full Version : Thursday Morning and all is well, 10-27

Blondie
October 28th, 2010, 06:52 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/PGM.jpg

Have a wonderful day ladies; I am off to get ready for work.

janluna
October 28th, 2010, 09:11 AM
Good morning ladies. I'm off to hand quilting class. See you all later. Have a great day. Love to all, Jan

NM Lady
October 28th, 2010, 09:31 AM
Good morning!

Husband had a wonderful birthday, thank you ladies for the well wishes.

Still praying for those who are having severe weather problems. Stay safe and dry!

Have to get ready for work. Everyone have a blessed day!

patticakes
October 28th, 2010, 10:12 AM
Oh that little girl is so pretty in that dress! Thanks Blondie!

No time to chitter chatter this am lots to do at work, but had to get on and order todays Daily Deal! So bright and cheerful!

Just saw that Jenny had a new tut out there...gonna check it out!

Take care!

ginampls
October 28th, 2010, 10:30 AM
i am doing... okay... sadly i have no gas in car... and we overslept... we... i mean I overslept... and well we will make some pin cushions i think... and i need to organize my sewing space...

also today is the two year mark of my husbands death. sad... but doing...

sewsoft
October 28th, 2010, 11:15 AM
I'm so sorry for those in pain in one way or another( physically or mentally). The week is almost over.

patticakes
October 28th, 2010, 11:34 AM
(((((Gina)))))) Hugs to you!

toggpine
October 28th, 2010, 12:56 PM
Gina, My heart goes out to you on your loss.

Blondie, thanks for the inspiration, let us remember to also be thankful for the blessings we do have, for we do not always know how long we will have them.

I too have a full day. Well wishes to you all and travel safe.

Cathy

Lola2Ace
October 28th, 2010, 04:31 PM
Good afternoon all!
Gina, my heart goes out to you and DD on your loss. I love the way his smile goes all the way up to his eyes in that picture!
I got my swap blocks mailed today! What a great feeling that is. Now, to decide which of the 1,000's of things I 'want' to do and get it started. Now, that I look around a bit, there are plenty of not quite done projects to finish up too!
This is the 1st day in quite a few that we all will be home for supper together. So, still @ home DD has requested rotisserie chicken, mashed taters and steamed broccoli,califlower and carrots, so that is the menu. Gotta get the chicken cleaned, seasoned and ready to cook.
Lola

Blondie
October 28th, 2010, 04:53 PM
i am doing... okay... sadly i have no gas in car... and we overslept... we... i mean I overslept... and well we will make some pin cushions i think... and i need to organize my sewing space...

My heart is overflowing for you Gina. He reminds me so much of my hubs in his looks. Gotta love those fellas with a rebel soul and a teddy bear heart. Praying for you extra special right now.
Hugs
Blondie

janluna
October 28th, 2010, 06:19 PM
Love to you and Abbey Gina. I know today is a hard day to deal with but I send love and hugs your way to both of you.
Did my last class of hand quilting. So glad I took the class. The instructor says we are the best group she has ever worked with and she is coming to our Christmas party in Dec.
Hopefully I'll have the piece done to show her and make her proud.
Rainy and wind blowing to beat the band. Had a hard time driving and keeping my Durango on the road. That wind was really pushing us around. But we made it up and back safe and sound. It's been a good day.
Love you Gina. Miss you Laura. Hugs everyone, Jan

ginampls
October 28th, 2010, 08:46 PM
hi all... i am doing good... thanks for the well wishes...the first few weeks were truely the absolute worst days i have ever had... he was funny... so you know when you get those credit card applications... he would fill it out with mickey mouse.. or donald duck give the admin.. address to disney world... and pizza coupons...those were good times.

quiltingtrish
October 28th, 2010, 09:05 PM
So sorry to hear about your husband, Gina. I am holding you in my heart today. I love his smile too. I loved someone once where his eyes disappeared too whenever he laughed. Sadly, he is gone also. Oh, my heart - stop pounding.
Glad you made it back Jan. That wind does sound like it was awful.
Love the words you posted, Blondie. I need to print that out and post it here for re-reading.

Got to run ladies! Have to get gas tonight so I'm not in the same boat as Gina!

Hugs!

craftyladysam
October 28th, 2010, 10:28 PM
Oh Gina, so sorry about your hubby! Time will help believe me. It won't go away but it will get better. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers! You are not alone, we are here always for you.:icon_hug:
Love ya, Saundra

hillbilly
October 28th, 2010, 10:49 PM

I am sorry. I bet it's been a tough day for you and your DD. Big hugs coming your way!!

hillbilly
October 28th, 2010, 10:51 PM
Love to you and Abbey Gina. I know today is a hard day to deal with but I send love and hugs your way to both of you.
Did my last class of hand quilting. So glad I took the class. The instructor says we are the best group she has ever worked with and she is coming to our Christmas party in Dec.
Hopefully I'll have the piece done to show her and make her proud.
Rainy and wind blowing to beat the band. Had a hard time driving and keeping my Durango on the road. That wind was really pushing us around. But we made it up and back safe and sound. It's been a good day.
Love you Gina. Miss you Laura. Hugs everyone, Jan

Wasn't the class for people that have sore hand issues? It would be an interesting class to take!

janluna
October 28th, 2010, 11:42 PM
Yes, Tonya, the class was designed for those who may have arthritis or carpal tunnel syndrome. It was a great class. It's a stab class rather than a rocking class, with a twist.
Cheryl Doody is the instructors name and she developed the system. It involves a method to do corner stitches in a round hoop and the edges of quilting. She uses rubber bands and big common pins as well as the stab method of quilting. It's amazing. She has a book coming out in August of 2011. We told her she should do a video too. She's thinking about it. Watch for her book. I would have to see the vid and the book. We were lucky to know her and watch her in person. She lives near Batavia, NY. She is a wealth of information on handquilting. She has won international as well as national quilt shows. She is a very sweet person. Have a good night, hugs, Jan

NM Lady
October 29th, 2010, 12:11 AM
Gina, I'm sure it's been a hard day.

You are a very strong woman, a survivor. Your husband's picture reminds me of my nephew, big, tough, rebel with a heart of gold. A great big teddy bear.

Hope all that celebrate Halloween have a great holiday. I love the kiddos and their costumes. Last year when I was hiking in the mountains, fell and broke my arm. I was in the ER when my little neighbor came by. When my husband and I delivered the goods to his house the next day, he said "your dogs barked and we knocked and knocked, but when you didn't come to the door, we just passed you by." He was so cute and serious, even with a broke arm, he made my day.

God bless and keep each of you. Have a good night and a great tomorrow!