PDA

View Full Version : SUNDAY!!!!!!!

aliaslaceygreen
December 9th, 2012, 10:28 AM
People, it is SUNDAY! One more work night and then I have MONDAY off to finish these challenge blocks!!!! And won't I be relieved...I will be able to move on to all the other things on my TO Do list!!!!

A bit on the warm side they tell us, for December.... I really wouldn't mind some snow.....

Have a fantastic day....!

(don't forget, a new Christmas photo is up every day on my blog)!

Lonna
December 9th, 2012, 11:02 AM
Good Morning Trich and all who follow,

So far it has been a quite morning here. I do need to get start here in a few and move a few pieces of furniture around. It is so sad getting old as the things that would one take me 15 minutes to do now take me hours. Just do not have the engery and the strength that I use to have. And of course my poor Wayne does not have the strength that he use to have and it really makes him mad. This man use to be able to pick up and move the love seat with no help now he is worn out sliding it across the floor. But these things need to be done today. I can not go through another day with my sewing room in the mess that it is in. And please lets not talk about my floors. Have a great day my friends and find a few minutes of enjoyment somewhere today.

MayinJerset
December 9th, 2012, 11:27 AM
Where is everybody? Still sleeping in I guess after doing loads of Christmas shopping and decorating.

I've just finished my coffee and have lots to do, probably will do only half of them because, like Lonna, my energy is used up quickly.
Was going to make a chicken dish, veggies, etc. for late lunch for us, DS#2 and wife but to save engery I'm making a big pot of soup from a packaged soup mix someone gave me as a gift. It's a sausage lentil soup, sounds good, I have the sausage and best of all it won't take much engery to get it going. Some gals I know say they are bored, I tell them I can't get caught up enough to be bored, LOL!

Had a lovely email this morning from oldest DGDaughter, Mary in CA. She and BF Harold were thanking us for the evergreen wreath for their front door that we sent them for Christmas. Told her there will be a package arriving soon with a little something for each of them to put under the tree. She misses being with family here in Jersey but is planning a Fall wedding and has begun a new life in CA where fiancee is part of his family's construction business. Should be hearing soon from 3 other DGDaughters that we sent front door wreaths, another one in CA (many miles away from Mary) and 2 here in Jersey. I know the "Meat" (steaks) for sons and wives has arrived, it's great to shop for major gifts online. I get everyone something to open at Christmas, this year mugs and mug rugs is the theme for most of the small gifts. Have a nice Sunday everyone, May

CrazyMtnLady
December 9th, 2012, 11:42 AM
Good Morning. It is a chilly, foggy and rainy morning here in the Ozarks. I have been up a couple times since 5am but went right back to bed. The dogs had to go out at 5 and then when I finally got back to sleep DH woke up with real low blood sugar and I had to get him some milk and a little candy bar. Then I just laid there and could not get back to sleep, but it felt so good under the covers. :) Now, I am up and have a fire going and coffee made and I am ready to take on the rainy day. I even let the kittens in out of the rain for a little bit. All there of them were sitting in front of the door wanting in when I got up.

Today seems like a perfect day to do some sewing. I need to get the energy up to quilt the black and white quilt. So maybe I will tackle that today. I really would much rather start a new project. But I want to get the B&W one done! I think my next project is going to be a quilt using the squares of fabric I found that DH's grandmother gave me.

Have wonderful day.
Hugs and prayers to all.

grannyann
December 9th, 2012, 01:03 PM
Just got back from church. It is raining here and not a very nice day.Don't really have any set plans for the day except to cook
corn beef and cabbage.I shoud do some more sewing but at the moment I just don't feel like.
I understand about slowing down as we age. My husband simply can not do like he use to either and that goes for me . But we do what we can and what we can't do we will ask for help.
Hope you all have a pleasant Sunday.

bakermom
December 9th, 2012, 01:20 PM
No, i could have slept in as we went to Mass last night, but I was wide awake. DH and 2 of the kids are duck hunting so I packaged the fudge I made yesterday. some will go out to extended family for gifts, the rest I will trade with the girls when we do our cookie bake-off. Now that everyone is out of the house i don't bake as many Christmas cookies. As many of the kids that can get together and have an all day cookie bake. everyone brings a batch of dough, we bake all day then divide everything up. we still end up with tons of cookies, since the "favorite" cookie recipes make 8-12 dozen. will be interesting this year-DD's fiance will be helping-hope we don't scare him off!
I have some potholders to finish as gifts and I will be done. good thing because i probably won't get much else done. Long hours at work until Christmas.

buckeyequilter
December 9th, 2012, 02:11 PM
Good afternoon...

I've been up since about 6:30 and was Christmas shopping at 7:30. Just got home a few minutes ago. Have a few more gifts to get so DH and I are going later today, one of the stores is having a sale starting at 6 p.m. I'm trying to get my shopping finished up today so I can relax for the next two week-ends.

I'm heading out to my sewing room to trim and bind the placemats. I bought some bright red fabric so I'm prewashing it....warm water to hopefully get the fading over with. I don't generally prewash fabric...but thought I'd better prewash this. When I'm finished with the placemats I'm going to cut squares of fabric for ornaments and then work on them in the evenings.

Have a wonderful day! Prayers and hugs to all.

Bubby
December 9th, 2012, 02:23 PM
Good Morning....I got up real early again today and have been fiddling around the house. I made french toast and bacon for breakfast. If you've never used Kings Hawaiian sweet bread (round loaf) for french toast, try it some time...it makes something simple into a real treat. DH could have eaten the whole loaf but I only cooked half. He made up for it by eating a whole pound of bacon and three eggs with his french toast. Big man, big appetite.

I'm working on some sock monkey quilt blocks that I started a while ago. I love sock monkeys and pick them up whenever I can. They used to be everywhere you looked at flea markets, but I seldom see them anymore. Cracker Barrel always has them if you want to pay the price. Personally I like the old handmade ones.

It's raining here today, a soft rain but much needed. I guess I will go for now and wish you a restful Sunday. I think everyone should nap Sunday afternoons. Hugs, Barb

shannonsaulter
December 9th, 2012, 03:51 PM
Good Morning all!!! Happy Hanukkah!! to those who celebrate and yep its a work day for me may not get much more sewing done between now and Christmas but thats ok..Hoping Santa brings me a gift certificate from my LQS..we shall see..Have a great day all!!!!

Lisapc
December 9th, 2012, 03:58 PM
Bubby, do you make your own sock monkeys? I have just gotten some monkey and elephant patterns that I want to try.

Anyway, it is sunny and warm here in New England today. We had a few days of fog and rain so it is a nice change. I got up early, made the Peter's (hubby & son) breakfast and have been outside with the dogs ever since. We only have a couple of acres but half of it is woods and my 2 Malamutes love wondering around out there. So now I have tea and time to sew.

Happy Sunday to all!

toggpine
December 9th, 2012, 04:24 PM
A late start around here, or at least for me.
Eric was up at 7. He's been working on getting a couple of salmon ready for the smoker. They aren't huge, and weren't properly prepared to be frozen. One of the guys at his work gave them to him already frozen. So we are hoping that the smoking process will dry them out a bit and mitigate the mushy texture on some pieces. Like Eric said, they were free, and worst case we can flake it into alfredo sauce for pasta.
We saw Santa last night at the longshoreman's Christmas party. The kids love that he arrives on a fire engine! Em asked for a baby doll. :icon_stunned: :icon_beuj: She has a couple of dolls, but they aren't something she really plays with. Now to figure out which one, and why a new one. Santa's job is never done....
Speaking of which, I have the never-ending list of projects, so I shall go get started on them!

Happy Hanukkah!
Hugs and blessings to you today!
Cathy

HandsOffItsMine
December 9th, 2012, 04:32 PM
Em asked for a baby doll. :icon_stunned: :icon_beuj: She has a couple of dolls, but they aren't something she really plays with. Now to figure out which one, and why a new one. Santa's job is never done....

Em wants one that is realistic Mommy! A true babydoll! Not a DOLL, geeze don't you get it! lol Yep, she's at the age that it needs to have the right weight, textured face, open/close eyes, eye lashes, little closed fist, all the accessories, stroller, diapers, bottles. Santa's in trouble! :)

Huggers, Ruby and Don

toggpine
December 9th, 2012, 09:36 PM
She has Cabbage Patch Kids; a doll, a baby, and a premie. Two of which are "Vintage Originals", I knew I kept them for some reason. She has the stroller (aka the scooter) She makes beds for them everywhere. We have a bunch of clothes that Nana made for the 'Cabbage Heads' as Grandpa calls them. Merida has some pretty awesome adventures too, by the way. That girl doesn't take crap from ANYbody!

So, who knows. I'll see if I can get more info out the the little darling. Thanks for the encouragement!
Cath

HandsOffItsMine
December 9th, 2012, 09:45 PM
She has Cabbage Patch Kids; a doll, a baby, and a premie. Two of which are "Vintage Originals", I knew I kept them for some reason. She has the stroller (aka the scooter) She makes beds for them everywhere. We have a bunch of clothes that Nana made for the 'Cabbage Heads' as Grandpa calls them. Merida has some pretty awesome adventures too, by the way. That girl doesn't take crap from ANYbody!

So, who knows. I'll see if I can get more info out the the little darling. Thanks for the encouragement!
Cath

Cabbage Heads lol My God my mom paid a fortune in 1984 at Xmas 'cause Kat had to have one, she was 4 months...like she cared. lol Then the collection started and she ended up with at least a dozen of those ugly things. :(

Happy to hear that Merida is standing her ground on the Farm as she would in the Forest! :D Now be the snooper (sp?) that all moms need to be this time of year. hehe!

Sandy Navas
December 9th, 2012, 10:34 PM

Cath

She's probably getting old enough for a look-alike American Girl Doll!

HdWench
December 9th, 2012, 10:54 PM
Good Afternoon all. I got to bed before Blondie's Good Morning posting, but barely so it is a late start on the day, night. I have mother's quilt spray basted, but I really want to begin on a Disappearing 9 patch! Oops, just heard the laundry finished and will see if hubby will put it away so I can head towards the sewing room. Have a wonderful Sunday.