PDA

View Full Version : EXAM done!!! Whew!

WendyI
December 8th, 2012, 12:40 PM
Today I wrote my first final exam in my first university course! It was the first in-house (in gym) exam I have written since high school in 1984! It was pretty intimidating to walk in and see all those tables and chairs! Must have been 400 people in there! At 9 a.m. on a Saturday morning!

I hardly slept all night, woke with a pounding headache, it's pouring rain and I have absolutely NO idea how I did! :icon_crazy: I'm sure I passed but some of the questions were SO annoying!! Like true or false 30 percent of Canadians this...like really!? How does THAT determine whether or not I understand the subject matter?? Simply memorizing stuff and who said what, IMO, doesn't mean I understand the material. Oye!

Anyway...now the nailbiting waiting until I get my mark begins! Until then...I'm off to the quilt shop!! I've got four weeks until my next course starts...there is much sewing to be done! :D

Suzyq
December 8th, 2012, 01:29 PM
Hi Wendy! Your experience reminded me of mine not too long ago.... I finished HS in '73, never went to univ. In 2010, I retired and thought what the heck, I'll try a univ level course by correspondence in a subject that interested me... Well doing the notes was easy, but boy was it some hard to study! I'd stare and stare at a page then a few mins later couldn't remember a freakin' ' thing I'd read! Hahaha. Yikes... Well after many hours the brain finally kicked in! Ha! Wow, so many people in one room, no wonder you were a tad intimidated!!! I'm sending you encouragement and hugs of comfort til you hear about your results... Please post...and happy quilting, that'll take your mind off things! Bye for now,,,

auntiemern
December 8th, 2012, 01:36 PM
Congrats on getting it done. I am sure you will do just fine, now that you have taken the first step.

lilmouse
December 8th, 2012, 01:37 PM
Wishing you high marks on your course, going back to school is hard until your brain gets back into the habit again!

joyrocks
December 8th, 2012, 02:31 PM
I understand! I recently decided to go back to college. Four more tests and I can sew sew sew for four weeks until the next semester starts. Happy Sewing!!

janluna
December 8th, 2012, 02:58 PM
Brave, brave people! God bless you for going back to school in the first place. Lil is right. You just need to settle in and studying will all come back to you. Have fun quilting. It will relax you and get your minds off your grades. I'm sure you got through your exams with flying colors! Hugs, Jan L.

Sandy Navas
December 8th, 2012, 07:45 PM
I congratulate anyone with the urge to go for a few advanced courses!! Took me 13 years to get through college and I was over 30 when I started. Being a wife, mother, baby-sitter, and full-time employed person didn't help. One of my most proud accomplishments.

WendyI
December 8th, 2012, 09:53 PM
Wow Sandy! That is quite a feat! I'm very lucky to work at a university so my courses are free! And showing that I am working possibly towards a degree helps advance my career. One course at a time for now...maybe once Liam is grown I will do more. I think I did okay, my last test have all been pretty good with a 90 on the last one...all I need is a 75 to maintain my average so should be okay! Thanks for the encouragement! It's nice to know there are others who have done this!

Musical_Starling
December 9th, 2012, 08:32 AM
Exams are definitely the worst part of university/college! lol I've certainly had my share, 3 years of nursing in university and then two years of IT in college lol No more exams for me! No thanks! I'm good! lol

madampolo
December 9th, 2012, 08:49 AM
I was 30 when I went back to school, and it took me 8 years to get my B.S. in accounting. I am glad I did. It was hard working full time and having young kids to go to school four nights a week from 7:00 to 10:00. Keep going on those courses, and you will be through before you know it! I am sure you did well.

Nursmate2
December 9th, 2012, 10:26 AM
Good for you. One at a time. I went to college right out of high school and have a degree I never have used. Later in life after a horrible accident that left me hearing impaired, I went back to school and took one at a time but 7 years later I passed by exam and became a nurse. Congratulation on you accomplishment.

MayinJerset
December 9th, 2012, 10:51 AM
Congrats Wendy on finishing your frist course. I know you did well because returning students are strongly motivated and study everything. Congrats to all you gals who have returned and graduated and also to those still working towards their goals. Go girls Go!

I started college courses in my late 40's, stopped for about 10 years but began in earnst when I began working at local college as I and family members could take up to 9 credits per semester with no course charges. First course really threw me but I soon got the hang of it, took a course each semester and graduated with a degree in Art when I was 60. DH never finished his college degree when he was younger so he became a returning student too. He finished his degree, went on to get an AA in Photography and he still attends by auditing classes in photography and history.

Keep up the great work, you make us all proud. May in Jersey

Jess1377
December 9th, 2012, 11:05 AM
Yay!!:icon_woohoo:I know you feel like you have a huge weight off your shoulders! Glad you have a big break between now and your next course so you can have a good breather and of course quilting time!

SallyO'Sews
December 10th, 2012, 03:13 AM
You ladies amaze me. Congratulations to one and all. God bless and be encouraged - you have lots of wonderful support here. And if you're struggling with a course, I'll just bet someone on this forum knows something about whatever the subject is!

Monique
December 10th, 2012, 08:47 AM
Wendy, good for you. And I am sure you passed with flying colors. Enjoy your quilting time until your next course starts.