View Full Version : Groups here on MSQC

Blondie
December 8th, 2012, 08:27 AM
Hello Folksies!

I would like to invite anyone who has

a. never visited a group within the forum
b. never realized that there are groups within the forum
c. thought they had to be invited or part of a special cliche to be in a group

Just click on Groups. You must be signed in as a member of the M* forum. There are several groups to choose from, why not join one or two?
If you are thinking of what you can do for others, why not consider the charitable ones, such as Ruby's Keike's, Marilyn's PICU or the Circle of Comfort which I head up.
If you would like to swap, goodness gracious, there are plenty of those things too. And learning groups.

So, folksies, click groups and Get out of your comfort zone. Zoom!

Musical_Starling
December 8th, 2012, 08:52 AM
Thanks for the reminder, I forgot to join the Farmer's Granddaughter group! :D I'm hoping to join some others in the new year, but for now my lungs won't let me lol

CrazyMtnLady
December 8th, 2012, 10:11 AM
Blondie, The groups thread is great. Maybe it should be made into a "Sticky" so it is always at the top of the list so all the newbies can see it and join. Too many times these posts don't stick around when they should.
I just joined Marilyn's group. She is such a fantastic lady.

12booboo
December 8th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Thanks so much for this info Blondie! I hate to admit it but I never even noticed the groups before this. I joined one and can't wait to start. Thanks again.

Bubby
December 8th, 2012, 04:14 PM
Donna....I just joined Marilyn's group, too! I'm working on a sock monkey quilt right now. I may have enough fabric to make two.
Hugs, Barb

auntiemern
December 8th, 2012, 05:59 PM
You have outdone yourself again GF. Always on your toes, and keeping us all aware of all of the things we might miss. Thank you so much for posting this.

Fabriclovr
December 8th, 2012, 06:30 PM
Hey, thanks for posting this! I sure thought that everyone clicked on all of the tabs across the top of the page, but I guess not.

Swaps are fun and they can be used to make the charity quilts and projects that you have mentioned above, so all is a win win for the groups!!

HandsOffItsMine
December 8th, 2012, 07:57 PM
Sis, you're always soooo smart! Good to bring point the Groups out to folks. :D

Let's see...

Circle of Comfort Guild - Check

Marilyn's NICU/PICU - Check

Swaps - On occation as they touch my funny bone

Cyndi's Grand-Foster Children - Check (As the need is called)

and of course our Keikies of Waianae - A Big Check :D

Do check out the fun swaps and Pay It Forward Group of MSQC - Become a Cyber Angel to one of them!

Huggers, Ruby

HdWench
December 8th, 2012, 08:28 PM
Question? On the swap groups, I am so afraid of joining because my cuts are... well getting better!! But, for 2013 I want to participate more. Thanks for this topic Blondie.

Debbie in Arizona

HandsOffItsMine
December 8th, 2012, 11:12 PM
Question? On the swap groups, I am so afraid of joining because my cuts are... well getting better!! But, for 2013 I want to participate more. Thanks for this topic Blondie.

Debbie in Arizona

Hi Debbie,

You're not along with your fears of cutting accurately. lol

Many folks invest in one of June Taylor's Rulers to make their lives easier. Maybe Santa can bring you one, with all the coupons out there they are very affordable. Even on Amazon, it's not bad. :D

http://www.amazon.com/June-Tailor-Shape-Cut-Ruler/dp/B000YZ7SJM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1355018849&sr=8-1&keywords=june+taylor+rulers

With one of these...You can join any swap you want in 2013! Have fun...Ruby

pdjewelrylady
December 9th, 2012, 01:52 PM
WhoooooHoooo:icon_woohoo: love the groups (and the threads) - watch for it - I too will be starting a new BLOCK SWAP after the 1st of the year :D FUN FUN FUN :icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

Granny Judy
April 1st, 2013, 01:32 AM
Want to bump this up for all the new people hanging around .. GROUPS to join for fun, swaps and charity.

I have a special place in my heart for Marilyn's group : http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/group.php?groupid=62 Cardinal Glennon PICU in honor of GABE.. And will be sending a couple more quilts to you soon, Marilyn

Madeforyouinma11
April 1st, 2013, 02:17 AM
Bumpity, bump, bump......

debi weaver
April 1st, 2013, 11:56 AM
Thanks, Blondie for the reminder.
I was inspired to join in one of the latest SWAPS, "Butterflies in the Garden", and think I found a cure my SPRING FEVER. I'm having such fun choosing and purchasing vivid floral fabrics, cutting & sewing 7.5 blocks with a new technique, and dreaming of the finished quilt I will have by the end of summer days!
Another fun adventure is to advertise for this awesome forum by talking about your inspiration on a blog. Please check out my latest post and see photos of my fabrics! I envision bordering my garden with grass and a picket fence! http://debi-peacebypiece.blogspot.com
Dreamin' big!

HdWench
April 1st, 2013, 10:28 PM
I hosted my first group and had a BLAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Quilt Escapee's -- omg so many creative folks we all got MUCH needed laughter and fun!!!

I'll host this again in November -- BUT bumping this up as there are MANY great groups to help, to swap or just have FUN doing!

P M U B

D C O

aggiequilter
April 24th, 2013, 12:44 AM
Thanks, I had no idea!! I always wondered what people were talking about!

bkthomas
April 24th, 2013, 02:31 AM
:icon_razz: :icon_bump:

jet4361
June 9th, 2013, 05:32 PM
I have never heard of this ruler before. I checked out the link but I am wondering how this differs from other rulers? The description didnt really say. Does it have slits in the top to guide you? I am trying to puzzle it out from the picture. My cuts were horrible until I bought a lip edge ruler. This has helped me so much.