PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Hellos

Blondie
December 8th, 2012, 07:58 AM

Happy Saturday, Folksies

Now that it's the week end , the beginning of Chanukah, and I'm having my first cuppa coffee, let me get this straight . . .

I believe the majority of people on this forum don't give two hoots and a holler about grammer, spelling, and all the misteaks that can be made by innocent people who are here merely because they love to touch fabric, talk quilts with guilt, share as much as they dare because of those who care, and while it may annoy some to read misspelt words, as Americans I know that color is spelt color not colour, we don't put "u"s in random words but it does look elegant and edjicated even though I learnt this in third grade when I was in a spelling bee right after reading Mary Poppins and was asked to spell color with a u in it and was kicked out of the bee. They asked me three times to spell it. What third grader cant spell color?I realize now that I was bilingual - I could spell in two languages.Drawing a breath here. Taking a sip of my broo which is darling to me.
I also believe that NO ONE - that means 100% of we'uns - wants this forum to become like others we have heard of or been to. If it ever gets too correct and people really start fussing I will not be a part of it. When the fun stops, I stops. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
I doubt Joyce thought she would create such a wonderful spilling overflow of emotions when she started
Certain that I mayhap offended anyone with run ons, misspellings and all sorts of grammaticals gone awry, my job for the day is complete.

Okays, so it is Saturday; should be going to shop after work. Oy. Hoping Moms will go - when I went down to her place last evening, she was nervous. Her left eye which was giving her fits and mucho medical treatments for over a year - is acting up again. So, we need to drive into the city to the dr on Monday morning. That being said, her appt is at dark thirty which means I may not get on early but I may if there is enough coffee in the house.

FORGET ALL THE RULES
AND
SMILE!

Musical_Starling
December 8th, 2012, 08:05 AM
Oh Blondie, the comment about spelling in two languages has me giggling lol We also spell it colour and humour and harbour and all of those other lovely "-our" words.

Happy shopping! And prayers for your Mom and best wishes for her appointment on Monday :)

Bubby
December 8th, 2012, 08:23 AM
Good Morning...I'm up extra early today for no good reason. I hear Molly stirring in her room and DH is still sleeping.

We are supposed to get our first snow tomorrow night. Even so, it's not supposed to amount to much of anything. Some years we get loads of snow and other years very little. I'm ready for a big snow winter. Last year I was on call for jury duty all winter and we had the worst ice storms ever. It was an ordeal in more ways than one.

I think we will be staying home today so we can work in our yard. We still have piles of brush and tree tops to burn. I may throw together a mega pot of chili and invite some folks over to help DH burn and feed them at the same time.

Has anyone heard from Jan Luna lately?? Our Pam (phoots) hasn't been posting lately either. I may need to send out some pm's.

Wishing everyone a great Saturday! I'm SMILING Blondie!!!!

buckeyequilter
December 8th, 2012, 08:53 AM
Good morning....

I slept in this morning....got up at 6:15.

I am going to work on my placemats - need to get them finished up so the decorating in the house can begin. The have some kind of a Christmas flower in them and I am quilting around each flower and they are popping out - I think that is all the quilting I'm going to do on them.

Blondie, I got a laugh out of your post this morning. Now...this is what happens to me.....everything is spelled and punctuated and when I hit enter on the keyboard...letters disappear or a random letter is added, punctuation shuffles around....so, my mistakes are the computer's fault. And that's my story!

Have a wonderful day! Prayers and hugs to all.

EDITED: see I told you that would happen......computer changed THEY to THE

CrazyMtnLady
December 8th, 2012, 09:42 AM
Good Morning All. Blondie, I loved your post. But then I always do. And I agree with you totally about not being here when it stops being fun. This is the best place to be on the web and I would hate to see it go the way of so many other places I have been.

I am NOT looking forward to a snowy winter Barb. We do not have enough wood cut yet to have a cold and snowy winter. That is one thing I love about Missouri, we never get much snow. We have had a couple ice storms since we moved here but all in all the winters have not been that bad. One or two nice snows would be fine. Maybe snow for Christmas would be okay.

My back is beginning to feel better. I really didn't do much at all yesterday. Today I need to get my kitchen back in order. I couldn't stand there long enough to do the dishes so they have piled up over the last couple days and DH is allergic to dish water I swear. I will probably take all day and do a little at a time so I am not standing for long lengths of time. I want to get back to the sewing machine also.

My SS should be getting her package either today or Monday. The post office said it should get delivered around Friday which was yesterday but I always add a day to what they say. LOL...

Do hope you all have a wonderful day. Hugs and prayers to all.

MayinJerset
December 8th, 2012, 09:57 AM
Happy Chanukah and Good Morning. Need to think of a good thick soup to make for tomorrow's lunch as Pat, DS#2, and wife, MJ are coming over. I'm going to feed them and then put them to work helping us with some heavy chores like moving our bedroom night tables and queen sized bed so I can vacuum behind and under them. Can't remember when I did that last but it was a very looong time ago.

As a student and a secretary to college professors spelling and grammar were very important in all aspects of my work (boy were those profs terrible at spelling and forget the grammar) but here I'm among friends and the words just flow and the sentences are long and/or run on but that's how I talk when I'm with friends. I do edit my postings mainly because I'm not a great keyboarder but that's just a habit leftover from my workdays. Tis the season to be Jolly so write away and be happy. May in Jersey

PS: Think Pam posted the other day that she worked herself out of her new job.

Ginny B
December 8th, 2012, 10:12 AM
Blondie, you crack me up. Love the bilingual speller comment. :lol: We were up and at 'em early this morning. Had to bring my Ford into the service center. Engine light came on yesterday. They read the code and it says it is misfiring (I could feel that). Unfortunately we are supposed to go away for a few days to a B & B in CT and it looks like maybe we will have to take the old Saturn. sigh But we will be hanging around here for a while doing "things" so maybe they will call and say they were somehow able to get to look at her faster than they thought and it is something really quick and easy to fix. I suppose I shouldn't hold my breath though waiting on that little miracle.

Kind of a rainy, dreary day here. Not the greatest day for a road trip. Guess I should get the suitcase out and start figuring out what I want to pack. The big dilemma is what crafty thing should I bring for the ride. Obviously nothing involving my sewing machine. LOL

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. I will catch up with you all on Monday evening.

Ginny B

grannyann
December 8th, 2012, 10:33 AM
Good morning to all.I just want to say Blondie you always pick me up in the morning and make me smile as many others do on here. As for the spelling I think it is just plain rude and snobbish to correct and humiliate someone.And I know many times I don't hit the right letter or hit to many and I notice I am doing that a lot as I get older.But so what, if I can correct it before I post I'm good but once it is posted you can not fix it with out starting all over. So the heck with snobs and you rock Blondie along with many other wonderful ladies on here.God Bless and be happy.

MRoy
December 8th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Can I get an AMEN for Sister Blondie? AMEN! Loved your post Blondie, I think you spoke for most of us....Like May, I have to use formal language for work because disciplinary memos can't say "what the heck did you do that for" or "your butt is fired." I can think it, but I can't say it. :D I so enjoy the casual conversations here, and I don't use a red pen to mark errors (I save that for work too).

Barb, I hope your snow doesn't cross the MO/KY border. I'm not ready for snow yet, unless is just a dusting.
Prayers for all who are dealing with issues, and wishes for a wonderful day for all!

aliaslaceygreen
December 8th, 2012, 10:47 AM
Morning! WHY am I up already!!! Darn it all, I don't have to be to work till 4... .Oh, right. Those quilt blocks. ... haha...nothing like a deadline to light a fire under my rear end....
I am beginning to think that I am missing hours.....everyone else seems to do so much more with 24 hours than I ...maybe you are all getting more than me? What are you cutting out? I've already cut out housework!!

Have a great day!

Madeforyouinma11
December 8th, 2012, 11:06 AM
Good morning everyone!
Blondie, you make me laugh everyday, thank you!
This is way early for me..I go to bed so late, always have been a night owl, so I usually sleep in. Today is my birthday so my daughters are taking me out for lunch, but we are going to see if we can finish up some Christmas shopping and make a day of it. Of course I need to get the two of them still and will not be able to do that today, but maybe I can get some ideas of what they want.
Did more sewing last night. I started cutting out another quilt needed for a gift. I decided to do a snowball quilt. I found one in the photo albums that I really liked so I'm going to give it a go. I need to go to Joann's today to get a couple more fabrics to add to it.
I want to make it the same size as the other quilt I'm working on so figured I need to make about 190 snowballs!
Well, time to jump in the shower and ill just have to finish up my reading later today.
Hope everyone has a great day! Good thoughts and prayers for everyone! :)

New York Sue
December 8th, 2012, 11:28 AM
Happy Birthday, Cil!
I just finished up my three nights in L&D, thankfully, manageable ones. GREAT couples and healthy babies. Can't quite figure out what happened after 9PM last night. We seemed to move into the land of 'DYSFUNCTION', and into the land of 'you can't make this stuff up' rather abruptly. Is the barometric pressure dropping? And what phase is the moon in?
I think Santa needs to bring me a 'jacked-up' weather station... ;)

Lonna
December 8th, 2012, 11:45 AM
Happy Birthday Cil enjoy your day. Good Morning all hope each and everyone of you have a wonderful day.

MRoy
December 8th, 2012, 11:47 AM
Happy Birthday Cil!!

Cathy F
December 8th, 2012, 11:51 AM
Loved your post Blondie!

Today is kind of rainy, waiting to see if it will clear up. Going to get up in the sewing room today to finish a fabric basket I started for my sister for Christmas. I don't know how time has gotten away from me this year but boy I better get it in gear or the holidays are going to pass me by!

Happy Birthday Cil, now I know someone who shares my birthday! Hubby took me out to breakfast with some friends this morning and grandkids came to have dinner with us last night so it's been a good birthday!

Got to do a little cleaning first so I better get a move on, sooner it gets done sooner I get to sewing :)

Sandy Navas
December 8th, 2012, 12:03 PM
Good morning everyone!
Blondie, you make me laugh everyday, thank you!
This is way early for me..I go to bed so late, always have been a night owl, so I usually sleep in. Today is my birthday so my daughters are taking me out for lunch, but we are going to see if we can finish up some Christmas shopping and make a day of it. Of course I need to get the two of them still and will not be able to do that today, but maybe I can get some ideas of what they want.
Did more sewing last night. I started cutting out another quilt needed for a gift. I decided to do a snowball quilt. I found one in the photo albums that I really liked so I'm going to give it a go. I need to go to Joann's today to get a couple more fabrics to add to it.
I want to make it the same size as the other quilt I'm working on so figured I need to make about 190 snowballs!
Well, time to jump in the shower and ill just have to finish up my reading later today.
Hope everyone has a great day! Good thoughts and prayers for everyone! :)

From all of usens to youse:

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRB5lzwOxJpVehOsTSdnAT12wcuIe8xw 6-qHNiLr0WXPd0q7o5cTQ

meemeecyn
December 8th, 2012, 12:04 PM
Blondie, you are amazing. I am always in awe of your loving spirit with a huge dose of common sense thrown in for good measure.

Happy Birthday, Cil!

Have a terrific, sewing filled day everyone.
Cynthia

Sandy Navas
December 8th, 2012, 12:04 PM
Loved your post Blondie!

Today is kind of rainy, waiting to see if it will clear up. Going to get up in the sewing room today to finish a fabric basket I started for my sister for Christmas. I don't know how time has gotten away from me this year but boy I better get it in gear or the holidays are going to pass me by!

Happy Birthday Cil, now I know someone who shares my birthday! Hubby took me out to breakfast with some friends this morning and grandkids came to have dinner with us last night so it's been a good birthday!

Got to do a little cleaning first so I better get a move on, sooner it gets done sooner I get to sewing :)

And, from usens to youse, too:

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRB5lzwOxJpVehOsTSdnAT12wcuIe8xw 6-qHNiLr0WXPd0q7o5cTQ

meemeecyn
December 8th, 2012, 12:05 PM
And happy birthday to Cathy, too....just noticed that!

Sandy Navas
December 8th, 2012, 12:17 PM
What is that song from Oklahoma? "Oh, what a beautiful morning. Oh, what a beautiful day. I've got a wonderful feeling, every things going my way."

Got to shake a leg and get a move on - after I finish playing around here. Going to check out a moving sale not too far from here. Not that I need or even want anything; however, the 'company' that runs the sale have offered me a part-time job with them and at this time in my life I have to show that I am interested. I figure if I get a few hours a month or so that will give me money for more fabric - or something. And, then I get first dibs on things, get to rout around in other peoples things (who hasn't wanted to be a bit of a snoop now and then?), and just generally get out once in a while and get the 'stink' blown off.

Made more pj bottoms yesterday. Then I had to stop to run Miss Emily to drum lessons. She's such a sweetie most of the time, although she tends to wear her heart on her sleeve. Momma is feeling a tad-bit better and they have all trooped off to his work place for a visit with Santa. Momma would rather stay at home, but what's a gal to do. I told her to lay the seat back in the van and hide and the kids wouldn't miss her - that way she could have some peace and quiet and much needed rest.

Off to see the Wizard. He does show up around here now and then.

Oh, and to all my celebrating friends:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_dNDcHtiKdf4/TPbAk33DpTI/AAAAAAAAIik/bP08ssteSJo/s1600/happy-hanukkah.jpg

WendyI
December 8th, 2012, 12:54 PM
I guess I'm still a "newbie" here...did I miss some one getting their panties in a knot over spelling? LOL! Interesting read Blondie!

I think my only pet peeve is their, they're and there...drives me bonkers...but I would never, EVER correct someone on a forum! Yikes!! This is a place to have fun and if someones first language isn't english then correcting them is kind of cruel!

I have a bit of that DCO that one of you has posted on your siggy (OCD but with the letters in the proper places) when it comes to spelling but that's just for me! You'll often see my posts edited and it's always to correct typos and spelling mistakes! LOL!

Hope you're all having a wonderful Saturday! I'm off to the quilt shop and then shopping for presents...then home to sew and relax! Enjoy the day and Happy Birthday to Cathy too!!

Bubby
December 8th, 2012, 12:57 PM
I love it when I can misspell words in two languages on the same post!!!

auntiemern
December 8th, 2012, 01:51 PM
AMEN Blondie. I think some of us, me included sometimes, occasionally wear our feelings on our shirt sleeves. Ditto what you said about if it becomes "unfun". Nuff said. Taking the GK's to the "Mouse House" today. One of the local churches, sets up a shop, where you can take the kids, and a volunteer, helps them shop for the people on their Christmas list, wraps, bags and tags. The plus side is it doesn't break the bank. I think last year, the 2 girls bought for, minimally 8 people each, and didn't spend over $20 each. And they really do put a lot of thought into what they get every one. After that I get the much needed me time. DH is gone, and Aunt LaLa is off today, and she knows I need the time to de stress. Wishing everyone a blessed day. Be good to yourselves and those you come in contact with. Hugs all around, and prayers for all in need. I really do love this place.

lilmouse
December 8th, 2012, 01:55 PM
I love this place too, Happy Birthday to the birthday girls, hope you have a blessed day....love and hugs to everyone else, have to get ready for work....next day off isn't until Thursday I believe....take care my friends....I believe Jan L replied to a few posts the other night if I am not mistaken and phoots posted the other day!

shannonsaulter
December 8th, 2012, 02:08 PM
GM everyone!!!! Spelling well some rely on spell check and others text so much that its just the way of the world..
I know how to spell but doing the forum from my phone sometimes my bog fingers get in the way..just call me Thumbs...
Yesterday on the way to work our vanpool was hit by a driver who ran the red light. All of us were shaking but ok..
It's back to work again today hope everyone
Enjoys their weekend..

janluna
December 8th, 2012, 02:47 PM
Happy Birthday Cil and Cathy! Happy Hanukkah to those who celebrate! Thank you Blondie for your post this morning. As for me, just expect me to make grammar, spelling, punctuation, and all other mistakes in general. Then you won't be disappointed when I do. lol Bubby, I'm here, what can I do for you? I'm sorry I haven't been on much lately. Between a nasty UTI and my back hurting and trying to sew, I haven't been on much. Forget the housework I haven't done. I won't even go there! If anyone nearby wants to see me, where would like to meet? I won't let you in my door because you may think I'm a slob or something. LOL I am but we won't go there either.
Prayers for all in need, Love to all, Hugs, Jan L.

HandsOffItsMine
December 8th, 2012, 02:53 PM
Sis, you make me smile and you said it all! No fun, stick in the mud folks will have me out of here in a flash. Been there, done that, life is too short to deal with that.

Happy Bday Cil and Cathy plus any reading who haven't joined the dailies yet. :)

Picked up Don last night from the airport at 9 pm, nice to have him home after 11 days in CA! Today we'll have to restock the fridge and pantry. He won't like living the Atkins lifestyle lol. Was good for me...lost 5 pounds. :)

Don bought resealable 4" gusset shirt bags at Uline Ontario for me and shipped them at the PO for me. UPS wanted $75 - the bags cost $84 for 1000. We'll be assembling the complete outfits, packaging and putting labels with gender, size and Keikies of Waianae contact info - boxing them up. Mr. Don will be happy, as the boxes as taking over our tiny place. lol Hopefully the local State Homeless Div. will have an answer in Jan. as to whether KOW will be getting an office allocated to use in their new facility. Prayers would be greatly appreciated for this to happen. :)

Have a wonderful day dear friends, Ruby and Don

Claire Hallman
December 8th, 2012, 02:58 PM
Happy Birthday and Hanukkah to you all. If there wasn't spell check in my operating system you surely would not be able to read what I type.:icon_hi: My fingers rarely do what I want them to, that is also why my points are rarely pointy. :lol:
I have the white marked quilt in the washer based on someone's recommendation, I sprayed a little water on one of the white marks and it seemed to disappear so hopefully the wash will solve the problem.
Hope everyone has a great rest of the weekend.
PS you can edit a post for a while after it is submitted, I know I have gone back and added or deleted lots of stuff.

janluna
December 8th, 2012, 03:04 PM
Claire, me too! Ruby darlin, God bless you and Don for all you do for others in need. I'm praying for your cause. Hugs, Jan L.

Loonwatcher
December 8th, 2012, 07:40 PM
Good later afternoon everyone. I'm late getting here. It's my birthday and my wonderful DH consented to cart me around for all my errands including a artisan's craft fair and our local International Boutique - a friend is a high ranking member of AMURTEL which is a non profit dedicated to helping women around the world. Every year she goes to the middle and far east to buy the handiwork of the craftspeople from around the world and has a Christmas sale with profits going to the foundation. As soon as i walked in I was immediately in love with an 8x10 oriental rug. BTW we really need to replace the junker in our living room. Sadly i just couldn't let myself spend the $1600 even though that is an awesome price, it is my birthday and they were willing to do it on a payment plan....bummer! I did get a new 4-in-1 printer and can now print from my iPad and it does great pictures.

Regarding spelling....i try to spell and type correctly and use proper grammar and punctuation. But as you can see from my posts, often my Caps button doesn't work and I don't want to keep going back. Also, in forums and chat I try to type like speaking/chatting and purposely infuse mis-spellings, slang, etc. After all we speak differently and more casually than we write.

Tomorrow I have to muster up the courage and attempt to FMQ a lap quilt. I've been putting it off for a couple months because i'm scared I'll just ruin the quilt but Christmas is comming and i just can't put it off any more.

Have a great evening,

HdWench
December 8th, 2012, 08:01 PM
I smiled Blondie cuz that little doggie bounding like the gate was left open -- YES so true we should live our lives like that Yeehaw!

Oh 3 words underlined in red -- and that's too dang bad :-)

I went to bed just before your post. Yes, an early morning for me. 24 hours? I gave up housekeeping, cooking, most of the grocery shopping.. hmm and 1/2 of the kitty box cleaning (every other day it's MY turn)... that's where my 24 hours go Trish

Suppose to get into the 60's this weekend here in Arizona. Purrs to all ya'll

HdWench
December 8th, 2012, 08:06 PM
Happy Birthday to all (forgot that in my previous post and too lazy to find and edit it)... I love a forum that loves ya back, faults and spelling errors and all.

Madeforyouinma11
December 9th, 2012, 04:48 AM
Loved your post Blondie!

Thank you! HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you too!

Madeforyouinma11
December 9th, 2012, 05:02 AM
Good later afternoon everyone. I'm late getting here. It's my birthday and my wonderful DH consented to cart me around for all my errands including a artisan's craft fair and our local International Boutique - a friend is a high ranking member of AMURTEL which is a non profit dedicated to helping women around the world. Every year she goes to the middle and far east to buy the handiwork of the craftspeople from around the world and has a Christmas sale with profits going to the foundation. As soon as i walked in I was immediately in love with an 8x10 oriental rug. BTW we really need to replace the junker in our living room. Sadly i just couldn't let myself spend the $1600 even though that is an awesome price, it is my birthday and they were willing to do it on a payment plan....bummer! I did get a new 4-in-1 printer and can now print from my iPad and it does great pictures.

Regarding spelling....i try to spell and type correctly and use proper grammar and punctuation. But as you can see from my posts, often my Caps button doesn't work and I don't want to keep going back. Also, in forums and chat I try to type like speaking/chatting and purposely infuse mis-spellings, slang, etc. After all we speak differently and more casually than we write.

Tomorrow I have to muster up the courage and attempt to FMQ a lap quilt. I've been putting it off for a couple months because i'm scared I'll just ruin the quilt but Christmas is comming and i just can't put it off any more.

Have a great evening,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!