PDA

View Full Version : Friday hellos

Blondie
December 7th, 2012, 07:30 AM
Happy Friday Folksies

Well they say the third time's the charm. I have been on a roll, it appears at having fumble fingers or brain freeze or I don't know what the heckfire shoot. I have deleted my message two previous times. Oy. Now do I remember what I wrote? Kinda. Sorta. Mostly insignificant ramblings from a brain not fully caffeinated yet.

So, rather than risk a long soliloquy that I can delete by mistake, I will simply say - Enjoy your day - and SMILE.

buckeyequilter
December 7th, 2012, 07:36 AM
Good morning.....

Took a day off work today. I have a doctor's appointment this morning (general bp check and such). Then I think I might look for a couple of Christmas gifts. I'll be working on my Christmas placemats today because I want to start decorating this week-end and hope to get them finished up.

I have a load of laundry going - only because the jeans I want to wear needed washed. I don't normally do laundry this early. Well I think I'm going to go out to my sewing room for a bit and work on the placemats.

Have a wonderful day. Prayers and hugs to all.

RFREE
December 7th, 2012, 08:19 AM
Good morning Blondie and all my other quilting buddies. TGIF once again. Where is all the time going? December the 7th already? Are you kidding me! It will be time to open our SS gifts before you know it.I just hope my SS partner likes what I have sent her.I had to put mine waaaaayyy under the tree.Out of sight out of mind ya know? I am feeling a tad bit better today. Got up thinking about hosting the annual Christmas cookie bake off at my house. When we had it a couple years ago at my sisters her house burned to the ground that very night. Thank god no one got hurt.They were not home at the time so they lost everything. Fire marshal said the constant pull on the electricity had a hand in it but it was bound to happen anyway as their wiring was a mess and they didn't know it.I think everything happens for a reason and it was ment to happen that night.I felt bad that they lost everything but thanked the good lord they wern't sleeping at the time.It could have turned out way more tragic.
Off to work today. You all have a wonderful Friday.
Hugs from KY
Rhonda

Blondie
December 7th, 2012, 08:27 AM
Oh wow Rhonda, that is scarey. I am certain everyone in the SS swap will be happy with their gifts. I have certainly enjoyed this endeavor and can hardly wait for Christmas morning myself. But, not wishing the day to arrive too soon; I have far too many projects to complete!

aliaslaceygreen
December 7th, 2012, 08:58 AM
Useless, but profound....that is what I always say when the thought runs away....It was useless, but profound!

I have to be at work at 9...I THINK I have a short day? Don't BELIEVE it, but THINK it... This Mgr needs schedule writing 101, to be sure.

Got one more cortisone shot in my foot...if this doesn't work, Dr. says surgery... Blech...But, I didn't do too much stitching on those challenge blocks because it hurt to press down on the pedal after the shot! Argh....I hope that goes away by tonight! I have to cut a few more squares then I think I will have enough to finish...(THIS is why I don't make quilts with patterns, lol!!!)

Hope everyone has a GREAT Friday!

MRoy
December 7th, 2012, 09:12 AM
Good Morning and TGIF! Heading to work today but may make it a short day cause I'm not feeling very well. My Christmas shopping is pretty much done. Thank goodness for online shopping. I'll be getting the grandkids' gifts ready this weekend to go to UPS for shipping on Monday. I like to allow plenty of delivery time. Have a great day!

Bubby
December 7th, 2012, 09:22 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

I'm dragging today because I cleaned house all day yesterday. There was so much to get done I couldn't finish before DH got home from work. I will finish everything up this morning. My sewing room looks so nice since I put away the ironing board. Next year I want to make an ironing surface for my sewing table and forget the ironing board except for large projects. I bought a folding drying rack (for laundry) at Lowe's to use when I work with lots of strips (Log Cabins specifically). I hope this solves the issues of nests of strips getting tangled.

Wishing everyone a good Friday...Hugs, Barb

Monique
December 7th, 2012, 09:24 AM
Good morning everyone. Rhonda, how awful about your sister's house. Are you sure you want to host a cookie cook off again? (Just a little humour). Possessions can be replaced but humans can not. I am afraid of fires. I am glad you are feeling better.

I got called in to work at the last minute yesterday, so I worked in the afternoon. Holy crow, was it ever busy. Everyone is trying to get their parcels out in time for Christmas. So needless to say I did not get much done yesterday. Today we are off to Trenton to see son and family. We are babysitting tonight for them. I have all the fixings to make cookies with the girls. I will also make some turkey soup because they are all sick. Meatloaf was also requested. I guess I will have a busy weekend and get lots of loving from my baby.

Have a great day everyone. And a great weekend. I will try and check in when I can.

buckeyequilter
December 7th, 2012, 10:06 AM
Now.......DH has been forewarned that I am going to the mall and I WILL be going in JoAnn's. I told him he can either walk around the mall or sit in the car - but I AM shopping today. I don't get too many days off work - and this is my day!

Cathy F
December 7th, 2012, 10:17 AM
Morning All!

Up and out early today as I signed up for a class at my local quilt store. I'm going to be making a fabric basket, really looking forward to this class because I know I have a few hours to sit there and actually get something done! I have a few more projects on my plate for Christmas but at the rate I'm going they may not get done, time is moving too quickly and Christmas will be here this year before I'm ready:) I'm usually so organized and have a ton of stuff done by now but.....

Bubby, that's a great idea for the drying rack, must bring mine up for the basement!

Hope everyone has a productive day getting all their sewing projects done. Hugs to all that may need a few extra today.

MayinJerset
December 7th, 2012, 10:27 AM
Good Morning Gals, I'm also suffering from not enough caffeine and a hurting foot so I'll be short this morning. Tendernitis in my right ankle is back so that means no long periods at sewing machine as that makes my foot and ankle swell, at least the pain in that knee is gone. Was planning to make a few more mug rugs to go with mugs I'm giving as little gifts but that will have to wait. I'll catch up with laundry and cleaning downstairs, rooms have gotten kind of messy with shopping bags of gifts to be wrapped, boxes from recent deliveries as well as piles of books we're going though, some to keep and others to donate to library. Gifts for famlies in CA need to be packaged for mailing - want to make one trip to PO so I better get those done ASAP. Have a nice day everyone, May

carrie liz
December 7th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Tonight the church pageant starts the first of 4 shows. My DSIL is the music minister and he does an awesome job. They start rehearsal in Oct. This is a big production. He has a full orchestra, live animals, and a big cast. I helped with a few of the costumes over the years he has done this. The hardest job for me was turning 15 yds of red velvet into a king's cape. It ended up so heavy they have to find a strong man to play the king each year along with several boys to carry the train. He uses a live baby, Mary rides in on a donkey that is usually unhappy about walking down the aisle, and the kings come down another aisle with a camel. For me, this is what Christmas is about. Maybe more so because it is such a family thing for us. Blessings, Carolyn

CrazyMtnLady
December 7th, 2012, 11:06 AM
It is morning and it is Friday, but I am not feeling the Good part of it yet! Once I get these old muscles stretched out and caffeinated up and soak in the hot tub for a bit , I will be okay.

I found a 10 yards package of cotton cording while looking through my craft storage boxes so I cut out some stripes of my "wild" fabric and started making a pipe bowl. I did a bit more of that yesterday. My back will not allow me to sit for very long. I want to use it in my sewing area.

I think I am going to try and talk DH into taking me out to eat tonight. But it might be a futile attempt. Unless I tell him HE will be making dinner if we don't go out. :)

Have a great day.
Hugs and prayers all around.

EnumclawGramma
December 7th, 2012, 11:35 AM
Good morning. It's Friday. My usual day to work but that's done now. Choosing a career in the housing industry hasn't worked out like I planned. Ah well, such is life. Today is cleaning day and hopefully squeeze some sewing in day. I'm nearly done with my memory quilt and then I want to make one more Christmas table runner. I'll hopefully finish up an animal print tumbler quilt for my DGD and be done with Christmas sewing. (unless I take another look at my stash and come up with something else I can't live without!) We're getting a lot of rain here and the temperature is dropping. I can see the snow level coming down in the foothills and I'm hoping it'll hold off until Christmas when everyone is safe at home and no driving! The plan for tonight is a quick and easy dinner followed by a few glasses of wine and conversation with DD and her beau. We always have a good time just hanging out with them.

That's it for now from my corner of the world. I hope everyone has a blessed day! Hugs and prayers for all who want/need. ***HUGS***

Sandy Navas
December 7th, 2012, 11:49 AM
I started things backwards today and was feeling really excited because I was going to be able to get in the sewing room early today . . . and then I realized I still haven't checked my bank on-line nor have I caught up with the local news.

Made four pair pj bottoms yesterday - three more to do. Love my serger!!!! I'm not sure if I'm going to make the tops or shop for cute little T-shirts.

Took Michelle to piano lessons yesterday and got a 'baby boy' fix. Piano teacher recently had a baby (7 weeks old now) and I got to feed him his afternoon bottle and bond with him a bit. You can certainly tell that he's a boy - looks like a little football player already.

That's it - off here to become semi-productive today!

Special prayers, hugs, warm wishes, and clock-stopping efforts.

cyndiofthevortex
December 7th, 2012, 12:49 PM
I have a very special treat today. You will all be jealous! Quilter.Martha is coming over for a visit! She is going to bring her fantastic Christmas pillows so that I can see them up close and personal. If you missed her post with pics of the pillows, check it out. She is so talented! DS#5 is making us lunch. It will be a wonderful day for me. She and I have known each other for years but I didn't know she quilted! When I showed up on the forum she wrote and asked me if I was the Cyndi who used to go to church with her. We've gotten together a couple of times since then. I'm so thankful for her friendship. She's a wonderful person.

bakermom
December 7th, 2012, 01:01 PM
I'm meeting DDs for some lunch and shopping. It's nice to have them close by again. I still have a bit of sewing to finish for Christmas but all I need is an afternoon. Accomplished a lot of candy-making yesterday. still need to do some baking but we'll have a baking day at DD's in the next week or so and share the goodies.

Lisapc
December 7th, 2012, 01:23 PM
cyndiofthevortex- I spent every summer from the time I was 10 until 20 in Alton. I live in Tyngsboro, MA which is about 5 minutes south of the Hudson, NH border. So nice to see someone close to me, sort of.

shannonsaulter
December 7th, 2012, 02:55 PM
Good Morning all!!!
its back to work today..still a bit sick but back to the grind..Didn't get much doe over my 3 days off but next week will try..Christmas is creeping up on us all and I have packages to wrap.
Take care and enjoy your weekend!

Tanya D
December 7th, 2012, 03:40 PM
I've never chimed in on the daily post so here goes :)

It's halfway thru the day already...I'm working (sort of) and taking little breaks to come check out what is going on here.

Tonight my daughter Emma is playing in her very first basketball tournament. She is 12 and made the girls team at school. I will admit to never having watched basketball so I'm quite excited.

Not much time to sew tonight or this weekend really as I have my company Christmas party tomorrow night which is an overnighter. Last year one of our employees got very drunk and beligerent and ended up being arrested and taken to jail for the night. He was fired come Monday morning. Hopefully everyone will behave and we won't have much to talk about on Monday morning.

I hope everyone has a great day! The sun is shining here right now but snow is coming later this afternoon. Is it summer yet???

Sandy Navas
December 7th, 2012, 04:06 PM
I

Not much time to sew tonight or this weekend really as I have my company Christmas party tomorrow night which is an overnighter. Last year one of our employees got very drunk and beligerent and ended up being arrested and taken to jail for the night. He was fired come Monday morning. Hopefully everyone will behave and we won't have much to talk about on Monday morning.

Don't you just hate it when your boss does that?????

cyndiofthevortex
December 7th, 2012, 04:13 PM
cyndiofthevortex- I spent every summer from the time I was 10 until 20 in Alton. I live in Tyngsboro, MA which is about 5 minutes south of the Hudson, NH border. So nice to see someone close to me, sort of. You're about 1 1/2 hours from me! There are a few of us close enough to have a get-together. I'll let you know when we might do it in case you're interested in taking a drive! Show and Tell and lunch are on the list of things for us to do.

toggpine
December 7th, 2012, 04:42 PM
Hi everybody!

This is the second morning I have the grandson to keep an eye on. He is such a chatter box! My daughter is cuddly and snuggly first thing in the morning for about a half an hour. This guy is ready for anything about 5 minutes after he's up!

A funny from this morning. I am making a couple of cat toys out of some fleece scraps for christmas gifts. I have begun to stuff parts of the critters and I am using catnip mixed in with the poly-fil. (For those of you that don't know, Washington State just passed a bill that allows recreational use of marijuana.) Hubby came in to the sewing room/office, saw the piece of paper covering the cutting table with the poly-fil and catnip all over it. He puzzles over it a moment, looks up at me, and says, "Do you have something to tell me?"
To which I said, "Well, the cat world and I have this arrangement. They catch the varmints in the barn, and I'll keep smuggling them catnip in innocent looking toys."
"Ahh. That's OK then." he says as he walks off.
Since a glass of wine puts me to sleep, I'm one of the last folks who would be visiting the new "dispensaries" that are popping up all over the place, and he knows it! Boys!

I hope you all have a wonderful day!
Hugs, Cathy

toggpine
December 7th, 2012, 04:45 PM
Welcome to the daily thread Tanya!
That sounds like some Christmas party! Here's to hoping it's more laid back this year.
Let us know how it goes!

Madeforyouinma11
December 7th, 2012, 05:59 PM
Well, I'm very late today...I was all over the place reading other threads.
I need to get into my sewing room. I posted a pic of my "bleachers" quilt last night. Just need to border it but that is going to wait til I can make a decision. I am going to cut out another quilt that I need to do. I'm thinking dbl slice layer cake. Since I have yardage and not a layer cake, ill have to make my own.
Hope everyone has a wonderful day! Good thoughts and prayers to everyone!

Blondie
December 7th, 2012, 06:52 PM
Glad you posted in the daily's Tonya.

Cathy, I had to lol about your catnip. Years ago after I first moved onto this property, I was tickled to have so many birds visiting. I had lots of feeders. Wellsir, some pot sprung up from some seed. Yes, indeedy, since the 70's were so good to me, I am quite familiar with all sorts of herbs. But I never spotted that weed. One of my good friends was a retired cop. We used to date many moons ago and he was over for a visit and voila. First thing he spotted was the baby plant sprouting. He asked me Do you have something you need to share with me? He was staring rather sharply at the weeds and it finally dawned on me what it was. hahaha. Yeah, he pulled it up by the root. Stinker. Would've given me a killer headache if I'd have even tried to smoke it. another hahaha. After college I was never too keen on that stuff.

auntiemern
December 7th, 2012, 07:12 PM
Finally made it to the forum today. Had some errands to run, and of course, since I was already out, had to go to WM. DH met me there. UGHHH. 10 minutes in, I asked him, don't you remember what your #1 job is right now. "what" he says. To which I reply, "to try to keep me from stressing, not adding to it". Needless to say, I wasn't there very long. DD tried to get babysitter for this evening to give me a break, but no such luck. Hoping I get a kid free week end, cuz DH will be gone. I love em to death but right now I really need a break. Just some all alone time with just me is what I really need. May not get the kids Christmas quilts done, but that is ok. Can give them on their birthdays. DH wanted to know why I wasn't going to get them done, because I had assured them it would be no problem. Yeah, well I didn't plan on breaking out in the rash from hell either. Hugs and blessings to all, and prayers ALL around. We could all use some extra this time of year.

lilmouse
December 7th, 2012, 07:32 PM
Hello all, I am not going to get all those quilts done in time....they want them Sun and I have 11 completed....can finish #12 tonight and start on 13 but that will be it.......I have two jobs I am working around and a Christmas party this morning I attended and I am done until after work tonight...will start again to get done what I can...so disappointed in myself....but seven weeks of no sewing really hurt and then the new job didn't help either.....oh well...did best I could....off to work, will check back later

Sew Perfect
December 7th, 2012, 07:51 PM
Greetings everyone! I am late to this thread today, as I've been trying to keep up with my projects. I started making everything early, but I am running out of time. I'm so very tired from staying up all night, getting up pretty early (every night for over a week), and just plain running out of fumes. Boy, I sure can't wait to slow down because I think I nearly got in over my head this year.

Tomorrow is the annual Christmas party and I don't even feel like going. I will though...my Aunt is counting on me to take her. Besides, I made that ornament to exchange!

I really hope all of you ladies have had a wonderful day and will have a wonderful weekend. Blessing to all!