PDA

View Full Version : Stormy weather Wed, Oct 27

Blondie
October 27th, 2010, 07:18 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/gm/GMRainingUmbrellas.jpg

Good Morning!
Kind of soggy here and I know in most of sister's areas as well. And snow?! Yikes. I spoke with my cousin in Wisconsin yesterday and wind was blowing to beat the band and 60 degrees. We are unseasonably warm in my area, some really bad storms overnight. We didn't sleep well with all the thunder - good news, no rain in the basement. Whew! We were concerned as we weren't sure if we fixed the problem or not. Still have our fingers crossed. Hope everyone is safe, snug and dry.

I am hoping that the internet service holds up as I have been trying for quite a while to get online. It is off and on, I am certain due to the weather.

I worked yesterday on a table topper for my DD with a Christmas tree on it, similiar to what Jenny did on a tut. I didn't have enough strips of Christmas fabric or any that could pass as a Christmas tree, but I did have a small piece that I cut out and it looks sort of like it was strip pieced. Worked it up and still need to finish. I would like to do another one sometime. It was fun to do.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RySxYMIFks4&feature=channel

I am like Jenny, I make do with what I have. Once I get 'er done, I will post a pic.
As I am working on it, I am seeing all sorts of ideas in my head. Once again, the creative juices get flowing while working through.

Trish, brave woman! My fingers won't do beading at all! Let's not even discuss the bifocal thing, lol. Laughing with tears is my specialty.

Jan, hope the work folks show up. Wouldn't you love to charge them for the waiting time????

Cathy, I wish you well in finishing up that costume.

Hoping that everyone is planning on a great day.
Blessings to all,
Blondie

NM Lady
October 27th, 2010, 09:25 AM
Good morning everyone!

Today is my husband's birthday. It's hard to believe he is now 50 years old. (I'm a wee bit older and he have given me the devil, well you know what they say about paybacks! LOL) Will be making an apple pie today (instead of a birthday cake) as that is his favorite.

Have meetings most of the day, so won't be able to get back on. Hope everyone has a blessed day. Keeping those that are in severe weather zones in my prayers. Keep dry and keep safe.

Off to get ready for work.

janluna
October 27th, 2010, 09:44 AM
Good morning all. Yes I am still waiting for the repair guy. He better be here by 10am or they will hear from my husband and they won't like it if they do. Joe has the gift of telling people off without being uncouth. I don't have that gift. It takes me longer to get upset but he is much better at "telling one Off" and most people respond well to him. I wish I could do that.
I'll be working on my applique orange peel quilt today. I had to remove my sewing machine from the room where they are going to work. Along with everything else that could be in their way. Like birds, fabric, machine, etc. What a mess. This better be the last time. grrr
Hope everyone has a good creative day. Love to all, Jan.
P.S. We got some of your storms last night. Thank goodness they weren't as bad as what everyone else had to deal with. They were pretty much calmer than when they visited you guys. Just noisy and wet. LOL

janluna
October 27th, 2010, 10:57 AM
Tell you husband Happy Birthday for us, NMLady. Hope he has a great day. :icon_woohoo:

craftyladysam
October 27th, 2010, 11:50 AM
Morning all! We had a scarce last night as we were going to bed. After all the lights were out and we just laid down and pulled the covers up, we heard a noise and the dogs barked and ran from the room! I jumped up and said "What was that?" Hubby said it sounded like a ball hit the floor. Well I looked all around in the other rooms and didn't see anything even looked out the window. I asked hubby where did it sound like it came from and he said in the hallway. I went to the hall and turned on the light. Down the hall in the kitchen was an apple on the floor. What made it fall to the floor we don't know. Glad that was all it was though. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Gotta go shopping this morning ,see ya later, sweet potatars. Saundra PS working on table runner from moda site with charm pack "Summer's End" Pics. later.

pdjewelrylady
October 27th, 2010, 12:01 PM
hahahahah saundra - you made a little halloweenie story - your so cute ;)

Lola2Ace
October 27th, 2010, 12:53 PM
Hi all! We had the storms here, not the worst of them, thank you Lord! I was with Ace and the tornado sirens went off at least 12 times! I woke him up from his nap early, so if I needed to grab him quick and run for the basement he was close at hand! He is such an angel! Was happy as could be,even with waking him up. We have high wind warnings again today, but so far not storm warnings. Glad to hear everybody (so far) has weathered the storms well.
Suzi, sorry to hear of the damage from the limb to your porch, hope the repairs are quick and easy!
Saundra, doesn't it make you go hmmmm.....when something like that happens? We have toothpicks that appear, not just at my house but all of the family....my Grandma always used them, so we think it's her way of letting us know she is still with us! I am excited to see the pics of your project and I hope you find just what you need shopping today.
I am getting a few projects ready to stitch out tomorrow, getting all of the prep work done so I can just get to it in the morning.
Happy Birthday to your hubby, NM Lady!!
Blondie, your tree project sounds wonderful. I love that tute Jenny did with the table runners and watch it all of the time! They are on my 'to do list' too.
Hope everybody has a great day!
Lola

sewhot
October 27th, 2010, 02:12 PM
Hi Ladies!! Here in Missouri we are only having crazy winds! The door into the shop keeps blowing open! Ugh! Stay safe with all the crazy weather you are experiencing!
Hope you all have a great day!

janluna
October 27th, 2010, 03:44 PM
Maybe it's Jenny's pumpkins coming back to haunt her! lol :icon_scared: :icon_mooooh:

sewsoft
October 27th, 2010, 03:58 PM
Hi Ladies, It's windy and 36 with a chill in the air. Stay warm:icon_wave:

craftyladysam
October 27th, 2010, 04:56 PM
Hey :icon_hi: Didn't find what hubby wanted at Wal-mart had to go again with him this time. Why didn't he go the first time? Oh well the day is about gone and I got nothing done on my table runner. Maybe later. The wind is bad here and it is very warm! I don't like this kind of weather.:icon_rolleyes:
Toothpicks, Lola? Granny is around some where for sure. Watching out for ya.
NM Lady tell hubby Happy Bthdy from your barefoot ladies. LOL:lol:
Blondie, I want to make that tree runner also. Should have enough fabric after my blocks!
Suzi, glad you liked my little story. Notice I'm the brave one, right? :icon_heh:

quiltingtrish
October 27th, 2010, 05:44 PM
That tutorial makes it look so easy on the Christmas trees!
Love the umbrella's, Blondie.

Well, last night I buckled down and counted out all the beads that the 13 kids needed. That took an hour. Each kid got a small film canister to keep their beads in. Then I started making the beginnings of the 13 chains. That only took until 12:30 to finish that and got to bed at 1. The teacher was surprised I finished them all, but now they are ready for friday's class. That means I get to sew tonight!

Heading to the orthodontist tomorrow and then a stop at Dad's to help him hand out candy. Didn't tell him we were coming so if he wants to hand any out (this is during his dinner time to eat out every night), we will be there to help him. His hands stiffen up and don't think he's too happy to do it himself. Of course I did tell him that after handing it out for 53 years at that house, that he's entitled to a break. He gets around 130 kids every year and since it's a small neighborhood, they come from other areas.

Anyways, - Katie is allowed to drive. Darn. My nerves were just about back to normal and now the orthopedist says she is okay to drive. We've only done the highway once and I know I have to get her out there, so there goes the nerves again. He also says she doesn't need the crutches but will get a hinged brace in about a month when her leg starts to go back to normal size.

Well, better get off here. Have to get dinner going. Katie is complaining about peeling the potatoes.

Hugs,

Blondie
October 27th, 2010, 06:03 PM
Hi Ladies
What a wild ride this afternoon has been. Don't know if Saundra, who lives east of me, is going to be getting the powerful storms that ripped through my county this afternoon, I sure hope not. We have been under a tornado watch since last night and then early afternoon started the warning. School held all the kids until the storm passed over into the next county - about an hour after they normally release.

I finished one table runner and still working on the original. I am putting it on the to be finished table for the time being. It would be far to wide to be a runner and if I add some rounds to it, I think I can make it a table topper. So, I will be posting the pic in my photo album and I guess I am supposed to put it in show and tell? I am a lousy photographer and I had it hanging crooked, so what else is new?

Vegetable beef soup for tonight, using the left over pot roast from last night and shame on me, feeding the gravy from the pot roast to our old, old fat bassett hound. He will love the treat on top of his kibble tonight.

Trish, you deserve some good treat for going above and beyond your job description! I sure hope that the teacher at least gives you a great gift at Christmas time!!

Saundra, be safe if the storms come your way.

Jan, did the workmen ever show up??

Glad that everyone else is safe and being productive.

Blessings
Blondie

sally
October 27th, 2010, 09:33 PM
Hey all just heading home. Long day...AGAIN! GOing to work on some quilting projects tonight. Last night I went to bed really early...7:30PM. Got up for about an hour at 9 then crashed again. Must of needed it because I didn't get up until 6:30AM
Question...have any of your areas changed Halloween from Sunday to Sat. At one time some of our small towns did but now it's seems anything goes? I am rather old fashioned and liked it when Sunday was a day when nothing was open. A day for rest, church, family and friends.

craftyladysam
October 27th, 2010, 09:58 PM
No storms here yet. Weather man said they might hit us around midnight. I hope not! I hate this kind of weather don't you?
Blondie your dinner always sounds so good. My hubby is disable and his taste is about gone, Nothing taste good to him anymore so I'm having trouble cooking anything. Had chicken in the slowcooker yesterday and made rice and garden peas. He said the rice wasn't done and he hates garden peas. Tonight I tried wild rice with the chicken and some cresent rolls with fresh baked apples. He ate it but said the rice was to salty this time. He finds fault with everything I do or cook. I know it's his sickness but I get upset sometimes when he doesn't like anything. Momma said there would be days like this, Momma said, Momma said.(sing along) We've been married fifty years I guess I'll keep him. LOL:lol:
Trish that is so sweet of you to help the teacher! I know she appreciates it!
Lola give Ace a hug for me! See ya later, sweet potatars. Saundra