PDA

View Full Version : Thursday

Blondie
December 6th, 2012, 07:12 AM

Happy Thursday Folksies!

it's a brrry chilly morning here in NC. The past few days have been warmer, with yesterday's temp declining. I stayed inside stitching my fingers off on some gifts. I have not wasted anytime since returning from NY. I also need to catch up on two days of toting Mom for shopping. I know that I am probably in the minority here as a woman, but, I do not enjoy shopping. Truly. I think years of internet viewing has ruined me. I prefer to do my shopping online for most things. At least to help me whittle down what I really want and/or need. Now, my Mom on the other hand, loves to touch EVERYTHING in the store. I kid you not. My Daddy used to roll his eyes and bring a novel whenever they went shopping. He would sit and read while she did her thing. Now, I can't just let her wander the stores by herself these days; after all she is a wee little lady and I have noticed lately she can get forgetful or confused, so . . . let's just say I slept really good one night - from exhaustion. I don't know how she does it! I think it is called determination. She informed me last night in our good night phone call that she wants to go back out on Saturday when I am done at the salon. I am happy to go with her. Hopefully sis and my DD will join us. My sis has been sticking pretty close to home this week; BIL has not felt well at all.

Now for a giggle. At least it gave me a giggle. As you know, I babysit my grand dogs - Lady, a little doxie and Cheyenne, a growing german shepherd. I was out in the fenced in yard with them and had our portable phone while I sat on the deck, yakking away. A while later I was letting my little Gracie outside for a romp. I was walking around and heard the phone ring in the distance. I went into the house and couldn't find the phone. Could hear it ring, and followed the sound. It appears that our Lady, the doxie with shovels for paws, buried the phone -covering it almost all the way up. I had to giggle as I could imagine how it happened. I am certain I left the phone on the deck rail. Cheyene being the big moose, grabbed it off, thinking it was a new toy and teased Lady with it. Lady was able to snatch it away, thinking it was a new precious and buried it. Oh yeah, dirt and dog drool. It is cleaned up now, still working, thankfully.

Enjoy your day! SMILE!

RFREE
December 6th, 2012, 08:23 AM
Good morning Blondie and all my quilting buddies. Funny story about you phone. Enjoy your shopping trip with your mom Saturday. I am a little under the weather this week. Cough,raw throat and major headache. Boy this isn't fun.I rarely ever get sick so I am pretty run down.Continue to plug along though .Yall have a great day.
Hugs from Ky.
Rhonda

MRoy
December 6th, 2012, 08:35 AM
Good morning! I'm sort of plugging along like Rhonda this week, not really sick but not feeling good. Rhonda, I hope you're feeling much better really soon. Blondie, your mom could've used my MIL as a shopping buddy...MIL could look at every item on every shelf! Dirt and doggie drool...I bet that was a fun cleaning job. That's a cute story.
I hope everyone has a terrific Thursday!

quilter.martha
December 6th, 2012, 08:35 AM
Funny story Blondie! Reminds me of the scene from "Hook". Today is run around getting ready to teach a state tax seminar over the next 2 Saturdays. I have to get all the material printed and compiled--yuck! I'd rather stay home and finish up some Christmas projects.

Great news for my son. He is graduating at the end of this semester (just a couple of weeks) with a degree in computer science. It has been a long, hard 5 1/2 years for him. He dealt with something in his life that seemed to be holding him back from being successful in school. Around this time last year he started seeing a Christian counselor and has become a totally different young man. He became extremely proactive in seeking out employment and ended up having 2 companies interested in him. He got an excellent job offer yesterday that he is going to take. I'm so thankful the job is only about an hour away, which means we'll have one of our kids living near by. I'm so happy for him I can hardly stand it.

Everyone out there have a great day!

Bubby
December 6th, 2012, 08:46 AM
Good Morning Everyone!

I had a long night of leg cramps and once had them in both legs at the same time....misery!

I think I have to buckle down and get some housework done today. I've been lagging in that department lately. My sewing room needs a bit of cleaning and the rest of the house could use a thorough cleanup.

Blondie, you take such good care of your Mom. Rhonda, my daughter has the same symptoms and has really been sick, sick, sick.

DH is needing me for something and Miss Molly is asking for her breakfast so Ill run for now and check back in later. Wishing everyone a good day....hugs, Barb

toggpine
December 6th, 2012, 08:51 AM
Good Morning All!

Yes. Another all-nighter. Between sewing and trying to clear off my slate for volunteer work, I tell you. I'm done for the rest of O'Dark-thirty. I have about 3 hours before I have to get the kiddo off for the bus.
I also have grandson duty today! I have been informed that he's teething and a bit crabby. We'll see how that goes. Here is to hoping he sleeps in and doesn't decide to get up with his daddy at 5:30. I am gonna need more than a hour and a half today.

Off to catch those winks! You have a fantastic day!
Hugs, Cathy

aliaslaceygreen
December 6th, 2012, 09:14 AM
Oh, Blondie, that is FUNNY about your phone!
Are really still three more WEEKS before Christmas?? I thought I would make it this year, but the day I had yesterday at work makes me revise that thought.....ugh! I am working a split shift today so I can squeeze in the foot doctor...it was today or January!

Tonight, if I have any brain cells remaining, I MUST get moving on those challenge blocks...if you see me here, chase me away!!

Have a great day, ladies!

lilmouse
December 6th, 2012, 09:28 AM
Glad to hear I am not the only one to pull an all nighter....I swear I sewed miles and miles of 2 1/2" strips end to end and then joined two miles together for the borders for the last four quilts...eleven down and four to go by Sunday.....think I will make it? I am not sure as I am working today and tomorrow is Christmas party for quilters at my First Friday's meeting and I work tomorrow night and Saturday...how am I going to do this? We will see! May have to send a couple of promise notes and deliver myself later...don't know for sure yet...going to give it a good try...glad I got a good 9 hours of sleep night before last.....going to need them today!
Funny story about your phone Blondie....Sassi was going to chew on my fabric while sewing...she was quickly disabused of that notion!
You have a great day and I will check back later! Hugs and prayers going out to all who need or want them.....Smile!

MayinJerset
December 6th, 2012, 09:46 AM
Getting a bit nippy out there today. Late this morning DH and I will be off food shopping and running a few errands. Oh, what to make for dinner? Hope something at the supermarket gives me some ideas for a few meals. I've been cooking since I was about 7 and I'm tired of it, now if I could only get tired of eating I'll be in heaven, LOL!

Blondie, I'm not a big shopper either but will hope to finish Christmas shopping tomorrow and get out of town gifts wrapped and mailed beginning of next week. DS#2 will be here Sunday afternoon and he'll help DH get our Christmas boxes down from the garage overhang so next week I'll do the tree and add some decorations around the house. Just a few to make it feel Christmasy. Received a big basket of goodies yesterday from a dear friend, lots of chocolate covered cookies, coffee, nuts, biscuits - DH and I will be feasting on them from now til Christmas. Speaking of shopping and coffee, expresso anyone? May
ATTACH=CONFIG]33378[/ATTACH]

CrazyMtnLady
December 6th, 2012, 10:29 AM
Good Morning all. Love the story of your buried phone, Blondie.

Hope all you under the weather folks get well soon. I FEEL okay I just am still in a lot of pain from my hip/lower back going out over the weekend. But I have been using the hot tub and rubbing with muscle rub and it is getting better. Or it would be if I slowed down and quit giving the horse and mule a bale of hay every day. And doing all I am doing!

Totally out of the Christmas spirit thanks to DH. But I won't be making him a camo rope bowl or any ornaments. When I told him I needed to go to Wal-mart for some craft supplies he wanted to know what for. I told him stryofoam balls and straight pins and I also need some clothesline and fabric for some projects. He thought I would be wasting money sine WE don't usually decorate for Christmas and I have enough clothesline! MEN! I am going out to the storage bus and our other storage trailer and see if I can find any other boxes with craft supplies in them and see what I can find.

Other than looking for craft supplies I am going to do as little as possible today!

Have a great day
Hugs and prayers to all.

i

Monique
December 6th, 2012, 10:34 AM
Good morning everyone. Well what a wonderful night last night serving all those seniors their Christmas supper. Entertainment was good, Santa arrived to greet everyone. The seniors look forward to this all year. Some arrived VERY early. Got to love them. I even got to bring leftovers home.

I heard my daughter-in-law is on the sick list. Apparently she has a lung infection. We are supposed to go and babysit tomorrow. We may go today instead and she can get some rest. Hubby was out last night for the coffee club annual Christmas party. I woke up around 11:30, I did not realize he was home and entertaining. The man left around 12:30 or so but hubby just wanted to cuddle and talk. UGH!!! Got to sleep late. MEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today I want to finish those darn place mats. Geez!!

I hope all who are sick get well soon.

Take care everyone.

SuziC
December 6th, 2012, 10:40 AM
What a cute dog!!! Good luck shopping today. I am off for a casual brunch with some ladies i quilt with. Then it's back home to watch the Grandson. This weekend is my marathon cookie baking! I usually start way before this so i have a lot of catching up to do. But at least my shopping is done. Have Great Day Everyone!!!!!!!!

pcbatiks
December 6th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Blondie........love the story about the dogs burying your phone! Maybe they were jealous......if you were talking and not playing with them :) Dogs are so funny! Today I'm going to sort books again for big spring book sale. The lady in charge of the sale told me that someone is donating 30 to 40 boxes of books but we have to pick them up. I see a very busy day coming soon.....

Jean...congrats on your retirement........enjoy your free time and quilt to your hearts content!

Hope all of you have a great day!

Lisapc
December 6th, 2012, 11:19 AM
I love the dog burying the phone. The dogg equivalent of the toddler putting it in the toilet.

My son has a 1/2 day today so I cleared it with his teacher and we are playing hooky together. I am taking him to 5 below (everything $5 or under) to do his Christmas shopping and then hunting the second hand shops for a table for me and then lunch and home to clean the family room (AKA play room) and start decorating for Christmas.

Busy day and we are off! Have a great Thursday ladies!

Claire Hallman
December 6th, 2012, 12:16 PM
Have a great day everyone. It sounds like all are busy, busy, don't you just love it. So much better than being bored and twiddling you thumbs.
I have my guild Christmas party tonight, covered dish to make and I plan on doing some FMQ on the last Christmas quilt. I also need to finish up the crib skirt I have embroidered that needs to be attached to a sheet that goes between the mattress and springs of the bed.
I think a friend is stopping by as well. Nice day ahead.

GrammaBabs
December 6th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Next time i think of it,,, when someone calls me stubborn, i'm telling them YEP,,, "I'm like a dog with a phone"!!!!!!!!!!!!:)
all i have time for really... LOL

Sandy Navas
December 6th, 2012, 01:38 PM
Funny story Blondie! Reminds me of the scene from "Hook". Today is run around getting ready to teach a state tax seminar over the next 2 Saturdays. I have to get all the material printed and compiled--yuck! I'd rather stay home and finish up some Christmas projects.

Great news for my son. He is graduating at the end of this semester (just a couple of weeks) with a degree in computer science. It has been a long, hard 5 1/2 years for him. He dealt with something in his life that seemed to be holding him back from being successful in school. Around this time last year he started seeing a Christian counselor and has become a totally different young man. He became extremely proactive in seeking out employment and ended up having 2 companies interested in him. He got an excellent job offer yesterday that he is going to take. I'm so thankful the job is only about an hour away, which means we'll have one of our kids living near by. I'm so happy for him I can hardly stand it.

Everyone out there have a great day!

Tell your wonderful son that his on-line "Mommas" are truly proud and excited for him!!

Sandy Navas
December 6th, 2012, 01:40 PM
Oh, Blondie, that is FUNNY about your phone!
Are really still three more WEEKS before Christmas?? I thought I would make it this year, but the day I had yesterday at work makes me revise that thought.....ugh! I am working a split shift today so I can squeeze in the foot doctor...it was today or January!

Tonight, if I have any brain cells remaining, I MUST get moving on those challenge blocks...if you see me here, chase me away!!

Have a great day, ladies!

Shoo. Go home, Trish. Get outta here . . . now!

shannonsaulter
December 6th, 2012, 02:23 PM
GM all still coughing here but its my Monday so back to work..unless I call off Havent decided yet..we will see...Didnt get as much done as I wanted on my 2 days off but being sick will do that.
Have a great day and Friday is tomorrow for most of you !

Madeforyouinma11
December 6th, 2012, 02:56 PM
Dogs can be like little children sometimes, never know what they are gonna get into! Lol
Martha that is wonderful news for your son, and for you that he will be closeby.
I still have my cold! It's been a couple of weeks now at least! It's just lingering around and won't go away. I don't feel horrible anymore, but I don't feel completely like myself either. Of course, I have too much to do to just sit around and rest so that does not help either. Oh we'll, just keep taking my medicine and plugging away.
I, too stayed up way too late last night sewing. I should have a quilt top finished today minus the borders and will post a pic, then on to the next one.
Well, gonna go finish up some reading then I have an errand to run before heading back in the sewing room.
Hope everyone has a good day. To all that are not feeling well, take medicine and hope you feel better soon!
Prayers for all who need them, special prayers to Sandy's daughter...hope she is doing ok.

auntiemern
December 6th, 2012, 03:17 PM
Blondie, to funny bout your phone. Sometimes I would like to be the dog that buried the phone. It always seems to ring at the most inopportune times. Itching is getting better, but seriously need to figure out a way to de stress. Now, I have a whole new prob to stress over, that only Blondie knows about. Ughhh. Need to get to my cutting mat, and try to accomplish something. Between one thing or another I have just not gotten much, or enough done. Hugs and Blessings to all, and prayers for those in need.