PDA

View Full Version : Bad News

phoots
December 6th, 2012, 01:00 AM
Sorry to have to tell ya all this, but tomorrow is my last day at work. I basically worked myself out of the job. I finished everything they wanted me to do early. They've asked me to continue coming in to scan the mail, but after talking it over with my BF, it's not worth the time and travel.

Pam in Vegas

Meli
December 6th, 2012, 01:11 AM
Oh dear! I've done that, and was really sad when it happened, as I was enjoying the job. (HUGS) Keeping you in prayer that you'll find another one quickly.

madampolo
December 6th, 2012, 01:15 AM
Pam, you have the worst luck! I hope you find something you really like to do, and find it quickly.

Jess1377
December 6th, 2012, 01:25 AM
Aww, its really too bad to hear that. I too hope you find something that you like and or is suitable to your needs real soon. Keep taking care of you though most importantly!!

auntiemern
December 6th, 2012, 01:50 AM
So sorry to hear this. You have worse luck than me. Keep the faith though. When one door closes, another opens

lilmouse
December 6th, 2012, 02:35 AM
I agree with Marilyn, just hang in there...doors will open...look at me, hours cut to almost nothing and landed a second job at JoAnne's, check out some of your retail stores...they all have paperwork to do and filing and also working the floor, might be an avenue to explore if even temporarily until something more in line with what you want opens up...just a suggestion and nothing more...love and hugs and prayers for you

nurrsey
December 6th, 2012, 02:54 AM
Saying a prayer for you Pam!

shannonsaulter
December 6th, 2012, 03:28 AM
Pam...Will have you in my thoughts keep the faith. ((HUGS))

Slokarma
December 6th, 2012, 04:46 AM
I'm so sorry to hear you've lost your job. That's really a crappy way to the end the year! Here's hoping that will change for you soon!

Monique
December 6th, 2012, 10:39 AM
Pam, you are just too good a worker. Here's hoping something lands on your lap soon. Take care.

WendyI
December 6th, 2012, 12:01 PM
So sorry to hear this. Hoping you find something else soon!

Madeforyouinma11
December 6th, 2012, 03:28 PM
Pam, I'm sorry...but keep your head up and something else WILL come along. In the meantime, prepare for the holiday, enjoy it, and sew something....that will cheer you up! :)

rochellejay
December 6th, 2012, 03:39 PM
I suggest applying with all the temp agencies in your area. Let them know you are looking for direct hire. They will match you with available jobs, and often quite quickly. That's how I got my job when we moved here and I didn't have to do too much searching on my own.