PDA

View Full Version : Screen Name

madampolo
December 5th, 2012, 12:51 PM
Someone asked me how I got my screen name.

Madam Polo was a yellow lab I once had. I almost always name my puppies Madam or Master. My horse-loving daughter played Polo in college, and the team held a silent auction to raise money. In that auction was a little lab puppy, and I got her. She was possibly the best dog I have ever had. She did put a big scratch on me, and it scarred. I said I had the mark of Madam Polo, so I use it as my screen name.

How did you chose yours?

GuitarGramma
December 5th, 2012, 01:09 PM
I've played guitar since I was 12 years old, and have been playing in church since I was 28. For many years, I've used the screen name "guitarmom," but more and more frequently I'd find that screen name had already been taken. Then, last year, we became grandparents, so I tried "GuitarGramma." I'm loving the alliteration, and it's much more successful at being unused. I also consider it an upgrade!

I'm looking forward to hearing the background on the wonderfully creative names on these forums.

Bubby
December 5th, 2012, 01:12 PM
My grandkids call me Bubby...that how I got my name.

Jess1377
December 5th, 2012, 01:18 PM
Mine is so generic! My name is Jessica, hence the Jess and then the #'s are my b-day! And... jess1377 is my email address as well, I am so original arent I?! lol

Lisapc
December 5th, 2012, 01:29 PM
My name Lisa with my initials, PC for Parlee Carr, Lisapc.

So boring!

lilmouse
December 5th, 2012, 01:34 PM
My late husband was over 6' tall and heavy, he was a big boy....so he always called me his lilmouse....hence the name, because at the time I was 5'2" and maybe 100 lbs....that isn't my weight anymore, he put 20 pounds on me easy...and then some over the years!

rochellejay
December 5th, 2012, 01:49 PM
Rochelle is obviously my name, my middle name and maiden name both start with a J. I thought RochelleJ was too boring, so I added a few letters!

Sandy Navas
December 5th, 2012, 01:57 PM
This has been around before - so I have to truly fess up. My given name is Irma Schmirkledorpher and since it is so difficult to spell and remember, I decided to sign in using an easy to remember name. And, since Annabelle was already taken . . .

madampolo
December 5th, 2012, 02:19 PM
Sandy, I mean Irma, you are too funny!

Nursmate2
December 5th, 2012, 02:24 PM
Many years ago when time began and the internet first became accessible in home, I bought a computer...Back in the AOL days :) Remember the screeching sound and the words "you've got mail". I digress sorry...as I was sign up for AOL I had to pick a screen name. I am a nurse by trade and was ready for work, I was having some issue with a clever name soooo...yes there is an end to this story. I looked down and the shoes I was wearing were made by a company called Nursmate. So through all these years it has been my go to screen name.

Hulamoon
December 5th, 2012, 02:28 PM
lol Sandy

Mine is my Etsy shop. I just couldn't think of anything when I signed up here. I'm one of those people that uses the same password for everything. I'm going to get hacked one of these day's.

Crumberly
December 5th, 2012, 02:34 PM
Mine is a nickname my brother has called me all my life.

Madeforyouinma11
December 5th, 2012, 02:59 PM
When I set up my Etsy shop I selected the name CreativelyHomemade....I wanted a separate email address for all of my crafty things and created madeforyouinma11. It's a little long because I added the ma for Massachusetts and the 11 for the year I started to really sell my crafts. Nothing too spectacular but it works.

toggpine
December 5th, 2012, 03:00 PM
I have raised dairy goats for the last 24 years. The two breeds I have stuck with over the years are Toggenburgs and Alpines. So, a Toggpine is what you get when you let the wrong buck get too friendly with the wrong doe. The kids are cute and usually milk well enough to be kept around in the milk parlor.
Again, the search for an unclaimed screen name back in the dark ages of the internet led to this choice. It meant I didn't have to remember a bunch of numbers behind my name. Not nearly as good as Irma's story, but possibly more realistic....

EnumclawGramma
December 5th, 2012, 03:13 PM
I live in Enumclaw Washington and I am a Gramma. I've used this several times because it's just easier to remember.

shannonsaulter
December 5th, 2012, 03:19 PM
My screen name is my real name all smushed together.. Shannon Saulter became shannonsaulter not exciting but I do have a good email and nickname so its ok...lol

mjfilbeck
December 5th, 2012, 03:23 PM
@EnumclawGramma - I used to work at Denny's in Puyallup - one of my very first jobs. Lived in Auburn for a spell and rode the bus up. It's pretty there. My screen name is prob very obvious - my name.

cyndiofthevortex
December 5th, 2012, 03:49 PM
When our family was full of little kids and we lived in a college town, we decided we wanted to have a ministry to students. They lived right down the street and we met many of them through our church. So many of these kids had never seen a happily married couple or siblings who liked each other. I remember my 8 year old learning that one of the college students had never peeled a potato before and he was shocked! We taught them how to cook, change diapers and generally learn the ways of a healthy family. One day during supper one of the students said, "We're just like strays! You feed us and we never go away! This is like a vortex - we get sucked in and can never leave!" So I became Cyndi of the Vortex. We moved away and our students grew up and now have families of their own. We sometimes have Vortex Reunions and they still consider us family. It was some of the best years of my life.

Cat n bull
December 5th, 2012, 03:56 PM
I can NEVER remember a bunch of different screen names and passwords, so I just use the same one. :-)

My name is Cathy, hubby calls me Cat, and my bulldog is the greatest dog EVER, so that's why I am Cat n bull!

buckeyequilter
December 5th, 2012, 04:43 PM
Mine is fairly obvious....I live in the buckeye state and think I'm a quilter.

Divine Daisy
December 5th, 2012, 05:55 PM
My old lady cat was called Daisy. She thought (knew) she was divine. A total diva and I totally adored her and called her The Divine Daisy. She died many many years ago but she remains always in my heart. When I needed to name my embrio business there was only one name for it......Divine Daisy.

It feels familiar. british and very Absolutely Fabulous which makes me smile. The correct name of the business is Divine Daisy (just gorgeous things). At the same time it is a nod to Bette Midler who I adore. Sadly for most people it suggests an old lady as in Driving Miss Daisy..............ah well

csarina
December 5th, 2012, 06:01 PM
Mine is a corruption of Czarina, my friends used to call me the queen of quilting, didn't want to be queenie so I became Csarina.

Tanya D
December 5th, 2012, 06:42 PM
Mine is pretty simple...Tanya is my name

MayinJerset
December 5th, 2012, 06:43 PM
The first online forum group I joined had several gals with the same first names so they ID'd themselves by adding their states to their first names so I became May in Jersey. When I signed up for MSQC forum I didn't notice that I misspelled Jersey so here I became May in Jerset, use that to sign in but in all other ways I'm just plain old May in Jersey.

SuziC
December 5th, 2012, 10:06 PM
Mine was toooo easy....just used my name LOL

mandylifeboats
December 5th, 2012, 10:44 PM
i am a medical transcriptionist. the dictations come to me through something called '"wavs". sometimes they are numerous and i feel like i am drowning (in work). someone throw me a lifeboat. man - the - lifeboats. lol

Quilting Buddy
December 5th, 2012, 10:50 PM
Mine is because my cat Zelda is always close by when I'm quilting and she is my buddy.

buckeyequilter
December 5th, 2012, 11:09 PM
My old lady cat was called Daisy. She thought (knew) she was divine. A total diva and I totally adored her and called her The Divine Daisy. She died many many years ago but she remains always in my heart. When I needed to name my embrio business there was only one name for it......Divine Daisy.

It feels familiar. british and very Absolutely Fabulous which makes me smile. The correct name of the business is Divine Daisy (just gorgeous things). At the same time it is a nod to Bette Midler who I adore. Sadly for most people it suggests an old lady as in Driving Miss Daisy..............ah well

I have always loved your screen name. I read part of your description wrong and had to go back a reread - I read it as embryo business and I thought "HUH...say what"?

Panda
December 5th, 2012, 11:32 PM
Mine is because I have always been fond of panda bears, and I have a granddaughter named Amanda whom I call Amanda panda.

Lonna
December 5th, 2012, 11:45 PM
Could not think of anything that I wanted to use and my name is not that common so I just used my name.

Debbie MM
December 6th, 2012, 12:05 AM
My login is my name and since Debbie is common and there were more than one, it is the name they call me at work. My last name is 15 letters

Sew Perfect
December 6th, 2012, 12:09 AM
A am related to the sewing police who was always telling me that i need to make perfect stitches so I can have perfect blocks...they sucked the fun out of it, so I gave myself the name SewPerfect to sort of mock them. I know, not nice. But there it is.

Sandy Navas
December 6th, 2012, 12:25 AM
I have raised dairy goats for the last 24 years. The two breeds I have stuck with over the years are Toggenburgs and Alpines. So, a Toggpine is what you get when you let the wrong buck get too friendly with the wrong doe. The kids are cute and usually milk well enough to be kept around in the milk parlor.
Again, the search for an unclaimed screen name back in the dark ages of the internet led to this choice. It meant I didn't have to remember a bunch of numbers behind my name. Not nearly as good as Irma's story, but possibly more realistic....

Shhhh. I am real . . . I think . . . or I once thunk!

Sandy Navas
December 6th, 2012, 12:29 AM
i am a medical transcriptionist. the dictations come to me through something called '"wavs". sometimes they are numerous and i feel like i am drowning (in work). someone throw me a lifeboat. man - the - lifeboats. lol

I worked my way through college doing medical transcription!!! Sometimes I wish I still did it.

Loonwatcher
December 6th, 2012, 12:36 AM
Loved reading these. Oh Irma (hehe), you crack me up.

My screen name? Well, since there are so many Nancy's in the world and I love seeing and listening to the loons at the lake and I've been known to be a bit loony and wanted an original name so I wouldn't have to add numbers, I ended up with Loonwatcher. But, can you believe it..on some sites Loonwatcher is taken and I've had to add VT (for Vermont) to the end.

Okay, so I gave you four reasons...pick one!

carrie liz
December 6th, 2012, 12:42 AM
My name is Carolyn Elizabeth. My Dad's best friend always called me Carrie Liz which seemed like a good choice.

auntiemern
December 6th, 2012, 02:05 AM
Am loving reading this post. Especially Irma's. My name came from years ago when my first nieces and nephews couldn't say my name and called me Aunt Mernin. Funny thing is I still receive mail from some of them addressed that way. That is how I became, the infamous Auntie Mern. Even my ebay name is Mernin, lol

Eliza
December 6th, 2012, 02:24 AM
I am actually Nerida Elizabeth but on the spur of the moment, when I had to choose a sign-in name, Eliza seemed like a good idea. :D

BellasQuilts
December 6th, 2012, 02:31 AM
Mine is for my dear horse who I put down over a year ago at 25 years young. Her name was Bella. She was on the sheriff's mounted unit and the only mare allowed on. She beat the horseshoes off the boys all the time. She worked during a riot once and took a full quart plastic bottle of soda to the face. The officer said she just shook it off and kept going. She never flinched. She was a brave soul and very gentle. She could run like the wind and was never tired. She colicked one day (change of weather can make horses drink less water and then they can tie up); tubed her 4 times and to no avail. We had to put her down. She was put down humanely on DD's ranch, where I can visit her. I couldn't go out to the paddock for 6 months without crying. I decided to make a quilt for DD's shower (thanks a lot, Martha Stewart), and have been hooked ever since. So when I could no longer ride I had all this time on my hands to make quilts, so my screen name is in her honor. BellasQuilts.

nurrsey
December 6th, 2012, 02:45 AM
That is a tearjerker about Bella, so sorry for your loss.

My name has been with me for many years. I used to play games on POGO and when I made my sign in name all forms of nurse were taken so I added an extra r and became nurrsey....use it for most everything.

Musical_Starling
December 6th, 2012, 05:11 AM
Oh Sandy, you crack me up! lol

Nursmate2, I had a pair of those shoes (they were white clogs) and I HATED them! lol My first year of Nursing school my Mom was all proud and bought me a pair, and they were the worst shoes I've ever wore. Couldn't wait to get home and take them off at the end of my clinical shifts!

And Miss Daisy :) I refer to you sometimes as Miss Daisy because I have an older cousin named Daisy (she's around my parents' age) and she was always "Miss Daisy", even though she's been married about as long as my parents have so you'd think she'd have graduated to "Mrs. Daisy" lol Never saw the movie, so therefore never attached that name to an "old" lady. I just always put "Miss" in front of Daisy because I've been doing it for so long I don't know how to stop lol

Now, I suppose I should tell the uneventful name behind "Musical Starling". Believe it or not, I don't like birds lol I was looking for a new e-mail account (and MSN name) back in 2004 and was brainstorming with my roommate. I said "Well, I love music, and I love stars" among other things and she said "Aha! Musical Starling!" So, ta-da! lol I do play piano and dabble with my acoustic guitar, I love ALL music (from Beethoven to Dimmu Borgir) and I sing (but not in public lol) so the Musical part fits really well, but the Starling part? Not so much... lol

madampolo
December 6th, 2012, 05:13 AM
So sad about Bella! My daughter has a horse called Austin. He was named that where he was born, California, but must have known he'd end up in Texas. I would feel the same if he had to be put down. I am so sorry about your loss.

toggpine
December 6th, 2012, 05:27 AM
Shhhh. I am real . . . I think . . . or I once thunk!

Of course you are real! Real funny. Real nice. Real sweet. Real crazy. Real caring. Real wonderful.

I suppose I could go on, but you all get the picture.

Sandy Navas
December 6th, 2012, 12:50 PM
Cathy, the check is in the mail. Could you hold off trying to cash it until the middle of next week?

bakermom
December 6th, 2012, 01:27 PM
Gee you're all so creative-mine is because I'm a baker by profession and a mom, too.

promqueen
December 6th, 2012, 01:33 PM
Neons ago I was my high school promqueen. Easy to remember for me...........Mary Ann

meemeecyn
December 6th, 2012, 03:31 PM
This is such a fun thread! I do remember doing this before but it has been a long time and lotsa new people. Sandy, I cracked up just as much this time, too! You are tooooooooo real............. (I mean funny!)

My Grandgirls call me Meemee and my name is Cynthia. Put it all together and what do you get? Meemeecyn! (This is scary, sounds like I am directing a cheer for the football) Anyway, at the time, I had never been on any kind of forum and didn't really think about it too much. If I were to do it again, I would definitely steal Sandy's real name. :)

Cynthia

EsGrandma
December 6th, 2012, 03:47 PM
Great thread!! I have two grandaughters Elizabeth and Emerson - therefore I am Es Grandma

auntiemern
December 6th, 2012, 06:18 PM
Funny how everyone came up with their names. When I just had my one GD I was Grannytonana everywhere. Couldn't keep that name after I had another, then another. I have and always will be auntiemern. The name just kinda fits. Jean doesn't even need to respond to this post, cuz her name says it all. Although she could change it to Jean, Jean the quilting queen, or sewing queen. I do hope this thread keeps going for a while. I am having a great time seeing how peeps got their name.

Musical_Starling
December 6th, 2012, 09:02 PM
Funny how everyone came up with their names. When I just had my one GD I was Grannytonana everywhere. Couldn't keep that name after I had another, then another. I have and always will be auntiemern. The name just kinda fits. Jean doesn't even need to respond to this post, cuz her name says it all. Although she could change it to Jean, Jean the quilting queen, or sewing queen. I do hope this thread keeps going for a while. I am having a great time seeing how peeps got their name.

Jean's real name is Chuck Norris :icon_giggle:

aliaslaceygreen
December 6th, 2012, 09:03 PM
Mine is something that started after I met my DH... I was just rteest42 (and still am many places) ...but when I signed up to Match.com, I didn't want to use my 'real' email, so I used Chantilly Lace. When my DH started chatting with me, he corrupted Chantilly Lace to Lacey (he was Capt. Navarre...anyone know from where?)
When he proposed to me I decided I would now be Aliaslaceygreen...my new last name... because I wasn't gonna be Lacey Casey-Green, ANYWHERE!!! ( I refused to date a guy with the last name Tracey because I couldn't bear the thought of Trish Tracey or Trish Casey-Tracey!

CrazyMtnLady
December 6th, 2012, 09:14 PM
Well.... I am CRAZY (but not insane) and I live in the Ozark Mountains. The lady part is a little shaky. I have not been accuse of being a lady too often. LOL So CrazyMtnLady.
I use to play games on Pogo also. But that was many years ago and I can't even remember what name I went by back then.

Sandy Navas
December 6th, 2012, 11:07 PM
Jean's real name is Chuck Norris :icon_giggle:

I'm sorry, I'll be back. Gotta clean the snot off the computer screen, change my clothes, and try to stop laughing!

Musical_Starling
December 6th, 2012, 11:11 PM
I'm sorry, I'll be back. Gotta clean the snot off the computer screen, change my clothes, and try to stop laughing!

:icon_whistle:

MRoy
December 6th, 2012, 11:21 PM
When I first came to the forum I wasn't sure I'd like it and stay on so I didn't put much thought into a name.... "M" for Myrna + roy (my last name) = Mroy. How's that for boring?!?