PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday hellos

Blondie
December 5th, 2012, 09:10 AM

Good Morning folksies!
Yikes! I'm late. I mean really L - A - T - E I was up late, burning the midnight oil, got up to kiss the man goodbye and fell back to sleep! What's the world coming to? That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Yesterday was a power shopping day with the Moms. I was pretty tired out and actually sat last night watching The Green Mile twice on whatever channel was running it marathon style, while sewing feverishly trying to get caught up on my stitching for Christmas.

Okay, now that I have not had one sip of coffee yet, my eyes are blurry, I need to
put the poochie out, grab a cup and see y'all in a bit.

Later . . . .

MRoy
December 5th, 2012, 09:15 AM
Good morning Blondie! Been up awhile here, it's hard for me to sleep past 4:30. Did some laundry this morning and now it's time to get ready for work. I hope everyone is getting their Christmas shopping completed. I need to get a few more gifts and ship the grandkids gifts to New York early next week. I don't like to wait too late. Happy Wednesday everyone!

Monique
December 5th, 2012, 09:19 AM
Good morning everyone. I did not even get a chance to post yesterday. I was called in to work at the last minute. And then I got another call for another post office next week. And I thought this month would be quiet. HA!

Today I want to get the binding on those placemats. The Lionettes will hold their Christmas supper tonight. So I will be busy at that. This weekend coming we are going to Trenton to babysit. Can't wait.

That is about all on my plate today.

Y'all have a great day.

meemeecyn
December 5th, 2012, 09:21 AM
Good happy morning! Blondie, you deserve to sleep in sometimes. Myrna....you are already on a roll.

I'm meeting a friend for lunch and then off to a charity auction. We actually do more giggling than buying, with a lot of bidding thrown in for good measure.

Have a great day. Hugs to all.
Cynthia

aliaslaceygreen
December 5th, 2012, 10:00 AM
Morning!!! I never made it here yesterday either...and today it was a near thing, but since I needed to post my Christmas photo anyway.... I made 80 more Christmas tree pins, have our quilt guild party this morning and then I have to work until 11 pm!!! Only three more weeks....I just have to keep telling myself that!

Take care!

Granny Judy
December 5th, 2012, 10:08 AM
Good Morning from Central Illinois.. having a wonderful "Birthday WEEK".. yup I have to celebrate all week long since I have family scattered all over the USA. Not everyone gets their mail out in advance of THE date. But I'm not complaining. DD#1 & I are off to do the antique thing.. Shop til we drop and I drop out pretty early these days. LOL.

Everyone seems to be keeping busy with lunches, clubs and work.. YOU are the best bunch of peeps and I wish all the very best. Prayers going out to those in need and some who don't know they need are included.

MayinJerset
December 5th, 2012, 11:19 AM
OK, Lost my post 2 times and hope #3 is the charm. Had a lovely dinner last night at my small quilt/book club meeting, delicious chicken dish, lots of veggies dishes, salad and Irish Soda bread for the main course and lots of tea and desserts to finish it off.
Christmas gift exchange went nicely, each gift was different - beautiful hand made soaps, some fabric sets, and my gift was hand made earrings with little green Christmas trees hanging from them, so appropriate for this season.

Lots to do today, mostly trying to finish quilts for 12/15 distribution at Food Pantry. Wish me luck. Oh, sun just popped out, so maybe DH will get our outdoor lights strung around the foundation plantings today. Little by little we're getting there with our decorations. Nothing like the many decorations at last night's dinner hostess's home. She collects teddy bears and there must have been at least 50 of them in the living room with plenty of other Christmas decorations thrown in for good measure. I put one of the teddys to work holding my cane while we had our meeting and dinner, he did a good job and I would have tipped him but didn't know what would be a good teddy bear tip. Any suggestions? May

bakermom
December 5th, 2012, 11:19 AM
Sometimes ya just gotta sleep! i rarely sleep in even though I work graveyard. Every so often though, it all catches up with me and I simply cannot wake up.

CrazyMtnLady
December 5th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Good Morning! It is a beautiful sunny morning here on Crazy Woman Mountain. I was up early at 4am to let the dogs out but then I went back to bed and slept like a log. I have only been up a little while. I was so tired when I went to bed last night that I forgot to put the coffee basket in the coffee pot so when I made coffee this morning I had a pot of hot water. :( But the coffee is ready now!

We didn't get to town yesterday because the Century Link guy FINALLY found us. We are now hooked up to DSL and it is wonderful. Now I just need DH to get me another computer so we both can be on a computer at the same time instead of fighting over this one. And I can still have a computer when he goes away for the weekend. It is going to seem weird carrying my cell phone all the time again instead of it being hooked up to the computer. I will have to remember to charge it now.

I started my first rope bowl yesterday. It was really hard to get started but that was probably just me. I am using some WILD print material so I think it is going to look great. I figured I better practice with one before trying to make DH one for Christmas. But I will get some camo fabric today when we go to town.
Have a great day.
Hugs and prayers all around.

Sandy Navas
December 5th, 2012, 01:40 PM
Hi, and have a great day!!

toggpine
December 5th, 2012, 02:47 PM
Good Morning!

I've already checked in twice today, well, I guess this is three. The Little Miss is off on the school bus. I have some laundry to switch, and back to the to-do list!

Have a great day!
Hugs,Cathy

shannonsaulter
December 5th, 2012, 02:50 PM
GM to all...my last day off today then back to work...I made 3 new ornaments last night and realized FQ's work great just enough fabric to get them done with a bit left over...addicting yes...lol...its off to lunch today with trhe girls from work for our SS meet up..I am still sick but not coughing as much so will go and hope no one else gets it...
Got my stocking stuffers yesterday so other than a few odds and ends I am done for the season with shiopping...
Have a great day everyone!

Madeforyouinma11
December 5th, 2012, 04:00 PM
Coming in a little late today. I've been reading lots of other threads. So many talented people here, it's hard to break away......but, I need to get into the sewing room to work on Christmas stuff! Times a runnin' away from me!
Hope everyone has a great day! Be safe, stay healthy and be happy!
Prayers to everyone!

lilmouse
December 5th, 2012, 05:13 PM
Morning or rather afternoon everyone, playing catch up, won't be on much the next few days...will catch up when I can...under the pressure gun....have four lap quilts to finish by Sunday for the Veterans Party at a nursing home...will have made a total of 15 lap quilts all by myself...no if the interruptions would stop I could get something done!