PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday Morning

Blondie
December 4th, 2012, 08:00 AM

Happy Tuesday Folksies

Yes, I am like the little piggie in the picture. Had a wonderful party all day Sunday, paid for it yesterday and possibly even today. Sis and I outdid ourselves with the cooking. She made the most wonderful pork ribs, actually the best I ever put a tooth in. I made a delicious and disgusting brownie type of thing I found on pinterest. The rest was a bunch of junk food. We enjoyed the company - all family - so all in all it was a wonderful Walking Dead event. Now the wait for February and it's return. So little to make us happy, truly.
My DD's fiance was feeling slightly under the weather but once we showed up with the food, especially the chocolate, he perked up. We helped them decorate their tree. He gave me a great compliment when he told me that I was always a party to him. hehehe. I had a secret to share with him. I am a party to myself sometimes. In truth I like to find celebrations in each day for any reason. Life is as good as you see it, right? Good times, bad times, it is still a life and life should be celebrated!

Spent the day with Mom yesterday and will do so again today. She is wanting to do some more Christmas shopping. Sorry I missed getting in the past two days but I just couldn't sit down until last night.

In case you are interested, here is the recipe I made up for desert. It was a huge hit.

http://www.kevinandamanda.com/recipes/new-recipes/ultimate-chocolate-chip-cookie-n-oreo-fudge-brownie-bar.html

Have a great day everyone. Smile a lot. It is really good exercise for your face and mind.

Jean Sewing Machine
December 4th, 2012, 08:08 AM
Sounds like a party that any one would like to be invited to! Glad you are back online with us. It's raining here after 3 glorious warm days here in Missouri. Guess we'll have to face facts that winter weather will be here soon.

I tried Jenny's tute with the minkee scarves. One was so furry it overwhelmed my body! I need to do something different with that one!

Blondie
December 4th, 2012, 08:11 AM
It's warm here as well, Jean - I can't believe I heard it was going to be in the 70's today. Rain for tomorrow. I know that the cold is heading our way as well. I haven't tried the Minkee fabric yet. Does it fuzz up the machine a lot?

MRoy
December 4th, 2012, 08:11 AM
Good gracious morning! I'm on sugar overload just looking at the pictures of Blondie's dessert! Nothing special going on here today...go to work, come home in the rain according to the forecast.

Granny Judy
December 4th, 2012, 08:13 AM
Quick "Good Morning, Everyone". DD#1 (Nurse- generation 4) flew in from Florida for My Birthday Surprise. Haven't hugged this one since Christmas 2009.. so we're getting caught up on all the News. She is also a quilter, extradinaire!! Party time, as Blondie puts it. Celebrating all the good stuff AGAIN. This birthday just keeps on going, and going andgoingandgoing.

Blondie
December 4th, 2012, 08:15 AM
Oh yeah, Myrna. Now you know why I am still feeling like a slug. It is perfect with some ice cream and of course, some more hot fudge. I can't believe I ate the whole serving. I kept shoving it in my mouth asking myself, Why? It was that good!

Jean Sewing Machine
December 4th, 2012, 08:30 AM
It's warm here as well, Jean - I can't believe I heard it was going to be in the 70's today. Rain for tomorrow. I know that the cold is heading our way as well. I haven't tried the Minkee fabric yet. Does it fuzz up the machine a lot?
I had some ”long hair" Furry stuff, I had to watch that the tendrils if fur didn't get caught in the presser foot, had to cut a few to free up the foot. Otherwise, no problem, except it slips, so pinning is a must.

DCM
December 4th, 2012, 08:43 AM
Blondie -- love the pig picture -- he's so cute! Thanks for the recipe -- I'm kind of known at work for bringing in decadent, sinful desserts so this will be perfect! Have a great Tuesday everyone!

MayinJerset
December 4th, 2012, 09:03 AM
Good Morning, I'm on a sugar overload just looking at that dessert. Was half way to an overload from eating so many of my sister Carol's Ribbon Cookies the past few days and those photos just put me over the top.

Woke up around 6:30 this morning, late for me but I'm still tired after a busy weekend visting and eating. Now to pay the piper and catch up with laundry and bill paying. Still dark out at 7am so it might be raining here too. Need to take a run to Walgreen's later as I want to see if they have the Christmas Story stockings that Jean found at her local store. Might been a fun gift to put with my small group's Christmas Exchange tonight. Think the gals would get a real kick out of it. My real gift is some quilty note cards and a cute charm pack (from MSQC of course). Good Day Gals, May

quiltingtrish
December 4th, 2012, 09:34 AM
HiHoHiHo~it's off to work I go but, had to pop in to say HI to everyone and make sure everyone is smiling :))))))

That little piggy up there - the dog that lives here (even though she isn't mine, she belongs to our daughters friend - she thinks she's ours and we think she's ours cause she has grown on us) well she sounds like a little piggy when she eats and cleans herself. So that's her nickname, little piggy.

Time flies here in the morning. But I did get dinner fixed up in the slow cooker, lunch fixed up for me, made a doctors appt. for DD Katie (another anxiety attack Sunday night and now she has to go to get cleared for work), got my little bag of sewing together so I can work on it at the after school program while the kiddos do their thing on the computers after their homework is finished, and am ready to walk out the door. Another day of 60 degree temperatures - how wonderfully glorious this time of year in PA. Wish it were like this every winter and as far as I am concerned, it can stay this way right through until April. It never hurts to dream a little.
Hope you all have a wonderful day!!!!
Hugs,

buckeyequilter
December 4th, 2012, 09:43 AM
Quick "Good Morning, Everyone". DD#1 (Nurse- generation 4) flew in from Florida for My Birthday Surprise. Haven't hugged this one since Christmas 2009.. so we're getting caught up on all the News. She is also a quilter, extradinaire!! Party time, as Blondie puts it. Celebrating all the good stuff AGAIN. This birthday just keeps on going, and going andgoingandgoing.

What a nice surprise...enjoy your time together :)

NanaB
December 4th, 2012, 10:02 AM
Blondie, I'm sitting in my house ALONE and when I looked at the picture of that recipe, I said (outloud), "OH MY LORD". I cannot imagine the chocolate overload that would cause. Glad to have you back with us. I've missed my Blondie mornings!!! Got the sniffles and sneezes today. Was HORRIBLE on Sunday. I came home from church, took a benedryl and slept for HOURS. Hope my head clears up soon! Gotta go hang out the first of three (at least) loads of clothes. Love and hugs to all.

Blondie
December 4th, 2012, 10:08 AM
Becki, it WAS the best overload I've ever had. Had some gingerbread coffee on the side. Slurp. It was heaven on a plate and in a cup.
Hope you are feeling better. DD and her fiance are having some of what you are. If you want to sleep, go and OD on the brownie thing. Trust me, you will sleep. Especially if you are as much as I did. haha

Blondie, I'm sitting in my house ALONE and when I looked at the picture of that recipe, I said (outloud), "OH MY LORD". I cannot imagine the chocolate overload that would cause. Glad to have you back with us. I've missed my Blondie mornings!!! Got the sniffles and sneezes today. Was HORRIBLE on Sunday. I came home from church, took a benedryl and slept for HOURS. Hope my head clears up soon! Gotta go hang out the first of three (at least) loads of clothes. Love and hugs to all.

meemeecyn
December 4th, 2012, 10:45 AM
Good morning, precious quilty friends! Overcast here, but no snow (yet!) Love your pig pic, Blondie. Thought it was kinda cute to post his pic with the dessert recipe! hehe

Judy, congrats on having your DD with you for your special day. How exciting!!

Hope you are feeling better soon, Becki. Maybe you are up to sewing at least. (good excuse, huh?)

I am off in a bit to spend some time with the Grandgirls. I decided to bring over old Christmas cards and other supplies for them to make Christmas tags (or whatever else they want to do) Am baking some pumpkin bread right now and will soon make a batch of tapioca pudding. A healthy combination, wouldn't you say?

Have a great day everyone!
Cynthia

HdWench
December 4th, 2012, 10:56 AM
Sneaking in to say -- I heard that if you read Blondie posting Good Morning, it's time to get to bed :-)

Well Good Morning to all, and to all a good night (wish I could remember who posted that haha)

Love the Pig with the teeth into Ribs *yum*

pcbatiks
December 4th, 2012, 11:11 AM
Holy cow Blondie..........I'm wiping drool off the keyboard after looking at the pictures of that chocolate dessert!!!!! :D

Sandy Navas
December 4th, 2012, 11:18 AM
Overload? No way - coma on it's way though. I can't imagine biting into that.

Quilt Guild meeting last night with our crazy Christmas exchange. 29 participants. Bring a wrapped gift and place it under the tree, draw a number, #1 goes first and picks a gift, opens it. Then #2 goes - they can swipe #1's gift or get a new one. Each gift can only be swiped twice so if you see something you want and get the second swipe in it is yours. My offering was a quilt calculator (discount with coupon at JAs) - and my Li'l Sis picked the package. I'm certain she was very pleased and we both were extremely surprised no one tried to swipe it. I wound up with a beautiful quilted apron that one of the ladies made - primarily blues with snowmen on the front!! I also won one of the door prizes and out of the offerings chose a snowman chip and dip bowl which I promptly passed to Sis. All in all it was a great evening with good food, lots and lots of laughs, and so much fun. We have moved our guild meetings to a new facility and last night was our first time there. It is absolutely perfect for our needs and was such a wonderful change of scenery.

Hoping everyone read my message about the baby being safe. Prayers work - Doc said it was difficult at this point to know exactly what happened but it does look as if this may be a stay-in-bed or stay-quiet pregnancy. You all know I've been terribly concerned from the onset - and even more so, now. I did give the DGDs a good talking to yesterday because they all tend to take advantage if Mom is not up and right on their little tail feathers. I pray my talking-to is well remembered. Little phardts!!

Gonna play some catch-up on household chores today and maybe, just maybe if I don't pull a muscle or strain myself too hard I will be able to re-boot and re-organize and get back to sewing - I still have a long list and at least 7 pair of pjs to make!!

So, until I wake from my Oreo induced coma, I wish you all a fresh salad with home-grown 'maters, and cukes. Oh, and throw in a sprinkling of farmer's cheese, okay?

CrazyMtnLady
December 4th, 2012, 12:28 PM
Good Morning all. We had rain during the night but it seems to be clearing off.

I am not doing well this morning. I don't know what I did over the weekend. But my lower back and left hip are totally out of whack.
I am about to give up sitting here and go get in the hot tub and then get out the heating pad and lay back down. Was hoping to get to town today but it is going to have to wait until tomorrow. I want to get some styrofoam balls and straight pins to make the Christmas Ornaments and some clothesline and camo fabric to make DH a bowl for Christmas. I know I won't be sitting at the sewing machine today! ;(
Have a good day and prayers to all.

Blondie: I am drooling for those brownies. DH walked by and I showed him the picture and he said. "What! You want to kill me or what?"...... (snicker snicker...how'd he know! LOL)

Lindagie
December 4th, 2012, 01:02 PM
Had to check out that recipe; wow! Just might try it for a party; looks awesome. It needs some vanilla ice cream to counteract all of that chocolate.
Still working on four rag quilts for the grandkids for Christmas. I will be burning the midnight oil I'm sure, since I still have lots of shopping and cleaning to do. We also have four family birthdays this month, plus doctor appts. I can always sleep in January.
Hope everyone is doing well today; I better get going.

joyrocks
December 4th, 2012, 01:03 PM
Good Morning!

If anyone is looking for a Singer H74, they are $299 here (http://www.tuesdaymorning.com/crafts.jsp) today. The same one is listed at Joann's for $599.

shannonsaulter
December 4th, 2012, 01:44 PM
GM all!!! Sick as a dog since yesterday so it was a rough night at work.
Now its my day off and I am melted onto the couch..
Blondie come bring me some dessert..now that looks so good.
Have a great day all..

toggpine
December 4th, 2012, 02:06 PM
I didn't even LOOK at Blondie's link to the dessert after hearing all of you all!

I've been wrestling with the computer & the printer for the last 24 hours. I hit "print" and my normal screen doesn't come up. I used to be able to choose color or just black ink. I can't find that now. It spits out a few black pixels and that is it. I did get it to print in magenta somehow, but that really isn't going to do the trick for the couple of projects I have lined up. Arrgh! I'm going to have to see if the boy futzed with something the last time he hooked his computer up to print from it. Grrr.

Happier news: I have a couple of little tote bags done! They are going to be excellent as school gifties for Em's teachers and therapists!

I have a few errands to run and then back to home and the chores around here!

Hugs! Cathy

buckeyequilter
December 4th, 2012, 02:42 PM
Good Morning!

If anyone is looking for a Singer H74, they are $299 here (http://www.tuesdaymorning.com/crafts.jsp) today. The same one is listed at Joann's for $599.

I bought that machine from HSN and.....ended up sending it back. Every few stitches it jammed and then when the needle came out and got jammed in the feed dogs that was enough. That was the second Singer I owned - the first wasn't much better (gave it away). I just don't have any luck with Singers.

Sandy Navas
December 4th, 2012, 04:16 PM
I just don't have any luck with Singers.

But she sure gets along well with the piano player . . . :-)

Madeforyouinma11
December 4th, 2012, 04:22 PM
Good afternoon everyone!
Blondie! That dessert looks scrumptious! I showed hubby and he said he has heartburn just looking at it. I told him to load up on the Tums cause I'm making it!
Granny Judy, that is wonderful! Enjoy your time together.
Sandy, again, I'm so happy that she is still pregnant. What is the age range of the seven girls?
Becki and Shannon, I hope you feel better soon!

Well, today will be filled with more sewing. I have my decorating done until we get our tree and have lots of sewing to do and can't seem to stop adding to the list.....
I hope everyone has a great day! Good thoughts and prayers to everyone!

buckeyequilter
December 4th, 2012, 07:47 PM
But she sure gets along well with the piano player . . . :-)

hahaha....made me think of this:

Sing us a song, you're the piano man
Sing us a song tonight
Well, we're all in the mood for a melody
And you've got us all feelin' all right

Sandy Navas
December 4th, 2012, 10:55 PM
hahaha....made me think of this:

Sing us a song, you're the piano man
Sing us a song tonight
Well, we're all in the mood for a melody
And you've got us all feelin' all right

Have you ever T R U L Y listened to Billy Joel's songs? How about this one? I had no idea . . . We didn't start the Fire . . .

http://yeli.us/Flash/Fire.html

Okay, sometimes I'm a little slow but I loved this!!!!

auntiemern
December 5th, 2012, 12:02 AM
Blondie, my teeth started hurting just looking at that.. So glad you are having an extended birthday Judy. Billy Joel is one of my all time favorites. Most people don't 'really listen' to the lyrics in We Didn't Start the Fire. It is an amazing song. Rhonda knows the entire lyrics by heart, I know it, but only if singing along. It is one of those things that should be required listening in HS. Kinda feel the same way about the movie American History X. A wonderful telling tale of just what bigotry can and does do. Ok not gonna get on THAT soap box. Hugs and blessings to all, and prayers for those in need.

Sandy Navas
December 5th, 2012, 01:01 PM
Blondie, my teeth started hurting just looking at that.. So glad you are having an extended birthday Judy. Billy Joel is one of my all time favorites. Most people don't 'really listen' to the lyrics in We Didn't Start the Fire. It is an amazing song. Rhonda knows the entire lyrics by heart, I know it, but only if singing along. It is one of those things that should be required listening in HS. Kinda feel the same way about the movie American History X. A wonderful telling tale of just what bigotry can and does do. Ok not gonna get on THAT soap box. Hugs and blessings to all, and prayers for those in need.

We actually don't care what soap boxes you need to climb on, Marilyn. Just make sure there is room for more than you when you get on, otherwise one of us may decide to join you and then another and there may not be room for all of us.