PDA

View Full Version : Monday 10-25

Blondie
October 25th, 2010, 08:20 AM
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f364/scottjkerr/Monday.jpg
Happy Monday!
Been up for a while, reading a bit and sewing on a rag quilt for my BIL.

Wondering if our Texas quilters will chime in and let us know they are alright? Just heard that there was a bad storm/tornado about 25 miles from DFW area. Prayers going out for those communities.

I am feeling like myself again; hope it lasts all day! I feel so bad for hubs as he was up all nite coughing and etc. Wish he could stay home and get better. He is on anti-b's since his cold travelled itself into a sinus infection. He certainly has been pitiful. Good news, his beloved Packers won against the Vikings last night.

Sis will be here later this morning. I am sending her down to the folks since I am leary of going and spreading all my germs until I know this nasty stuff has said adieu for good. Then we will watch our shows and stitch.

I have been so enjoying all the pics of quilts everyone is sharing. Such an enormous amount of talent on this group.

Cathy, ghost or cardboard box sounds real good for next year! LOL. Tulle is so hard to
cut.
Laura, you have been on a roll! And the free yard sale Cana style sounds like a real brilliant stroke of genius. Your enthusiasm and get 'er done attitude reminds me of my sweet daughter.

Have a great day ladies!

Texsam
October 25th, 2010, 09:18 AM
Morning all,

Well the tornadoes were south and east of the area I live in. I didn't even know about them until we started watching a recorded program last night. From what I can tell there were injuries and property damages and no fatalities. The storms did move into the eastern states so hopefully everyone is okay in that direction. I don't recall if there are any members who live in that part of Texas. Bridgette may respond later, but just so you know she lives north and a little east of me so she was even further away. Well I better get ready to head to work.

Blondie I hope you and your husband are feeling better soon!

Have a great day!

NM Lady
October 25th, 2010, 09:34 AM
Good morning! We heard about the tornadoes too. Definately keep those folks in our prayers.

Today is paint the county pink in the county. Hopefully we'll see a lot of folks supporting the cause. The cancer awareness cause is a cause close to my heart as I've lost many folks near and dear to me including my dad who passed from lung cancer in 2006.

I'm so excited because this week is only a 4 day work week for me with 2 of those days full of meetings. Short work weeks are always a blessing.

Blondie, its good to see you are feeling better.

Hope everyone has a blessed day!......Jackie M

Lola2Ace
October 25th, 2010, 10:21 AM
Good Morning All! I hope everybody had a good weekend, and that today isn't a typical uggghhh
Monday! I was supposed to help out a friend today, but youngest DD's car isn't working well, so I have to stick around and get it looked at. So, I have started my day with stitching, doing some machine embroidery and hoping to get some things sewed as well, always laundry to do, and the fridge needs some attention! Hmmm, so maybe I will be able to get to the post office and mail off my blocks today!
Blondie, I sure hope you and LL are feeling much better. It's horrible to feel that bad!
NMLady, yeah for you on the short work week!
I hope those storms and tornadoes didn't do much damage!
Well, the machine is calling my name.......already have a couple of projects done, and several hooped and ready for the embroidery machine!
Lola

patticakes
October 25th, 2010, 10:55 AM
Happy Monday everyone!
Blondie glad you are feeling better, too bad Larry isn't. Sinus infections hurt so much...poor guy!
Glad the storms missed everyone so far.
I got most of my quilt done last night but was hurrying towards the end and did get some ripples on the back border. Had to rip alittle out but I was tired so decided not to finish until today. Then I will get the binding sewn on and set it aside to hand stitch when I want some tv time.
Can't wait to start the next one but I guess I better sew the Halloween costumes since the party is Saturday!
Well, back to work but I will check in later!
Take care all...

sally
October 25th, 2010, 11:13 AM
Hugs to everyone this Monday!
Blondie glad you are feeling better and I hope LL starts to get better soon as well.
I too am glad the storms missed you gals and my prayers are out to those it did effect. In my part of the country the only real bad weather we can get is hail, ice storm and maybe an earthquake. Knock on wood! This saying reminds me of a story... bear with me:lol:... Anyhow when I work up north (near Alaska) we had a guy whose last name was wood. So everytime someone would say something foreboding we used to chase him down to "knock on wood". Poor guy. About 20 years later I am now working in central BC and telling this story. I just finished the story hadn't thought about Rod in years and when I walked around the corner. There he was...weird. Strange how that happens. I have had similar experiences before. Well speaking of work I am off to the neighbouring city today so must get a move on. I got all but 2 pillowcases sewn so now just to momgram them. Take care everyone!

craftyladysam
October 25th, 2010, 11:46 AM
Good morning ya'll. Glad the storms haven't hit any of us so far! Prayers up for the ones hit.
Blondie girl, hope the cold is gone for good. Don't be kissing that LL guy or you'll have it again. LOL:D:D:D I know how he feels, been there, hope it's gone soon! Love your new haircut btw. LOL
Sally--loved your story LOL Poor Mr. Wood
Jackie paint something pink for me, way to go girl! Glad for the short week for you!
Lola, my initials are SLB LOL Wish I could embroidery something. Maybe I'll get ambitious and try it on my machine. The book says you can I just haven't got it yet.
Hope the storms missed Bridgette. See ya later, sweet potaters. Saundra

Lola2Ace
October 25th, 2010, 12:06 PM
Saunda, what would you like your initials on?? I haven't mailed my swap blocks yet.....could add something in to send with yours! Just let me know.... You need somebody to show you how to run the embroidery on that machine? :icon_hi:
Well, I got distracted by a bag of apples! LOL but, I did get a crockpot full of them and put the peels in the oven with just a bit of sugar and cinnamon, will see how my 'apple chips' turn out. I usually leave the peels on in the crockpot, but hubs requested I peel the apples from now on, he loves the applesauce, but didn't care for the ground up peels in it. I can't stand the thought of throwing the peels away, so am trying the apple chips. Cleaned out the fridge while I was waiting on the peels in the oven, so a couple of chores done.....now time for a bit more stitching as a reward! :D
Lola

janluna
October 25th, 2010, 02:32 PM
Good afternoon everyone. I can't believe I slept till noon. I was up earlier with the birds and then laid back down and zonked. It was a big weekend and has been busy weeks this month and I just fell apart I guess. I slept on and off all day yesterday too. I must have really been tired out. Joe says I been doing too much. He's glad I slept. Makes me feel like a big bum though. Thank goodness the wash is done! Maybe I can quilt today. Hope so.
Everyone have a nice day. blondie I loved the orangutan, that's how I look. :icon_heh:
BTW whoever did the friendship braid for a table runner, it's beautiful. Love, Jan

toggpine
October 25th, 2010, 08:33 PM
Hi Ladies!
Glad to hear the twisters missed you. We are having torrential downpours mixed with some wind and then a quick sun break.
I am still chugging on the Halloween costume. Ugh, but it is better now that the cutting is done. A least until I get to the zipper.

My neighbor just brought me a shopping bag full of chanterrelle (sp?) and brain mushrooms. Apparenty they ahd time to go 'shroom hunting while they were waiting for the deer & elk to show up. Anybody have any good recipes for those kinds of mushrooms? I am going to bust out the dehydrator for some of them.

Blondie, I hope you and Larry feel better soon.
Cathy

quiltingtrish
October 25th, 2010, 09:56 PM
Hello Monday to everyone!
Sick - Blondie and Larry? UGH! My sister and her DH seemed to have the flu - glad they weren't around me. Said it hit hard and fast. Fine for one minute and down the next, so be careful out there.

Raining here now in PA. Guess it will be a bit gloomy for tomorrow too. Oh well, the sun will come back out.

Hope everyone has a great evening!
Hugs,

pdjewelrylady
October 25th, 2010, 11:59 PM
woke up this morning to a great big tree branch come crashing thru the screen room roof! Along with it came a huge pile of leaves, acorns, smaller branches, carpets of spanish moss and (worst of all) my husbands 70 ft long double bazooka antenna cable! :icon_neutral: what a mess but sure could have been alot worse - i thank our Heavenly Father for directing that branch where it did come thru and not the main part of the house! :icon_bigsmile:

toggpine
October 26th, 2010, 01:11 AM
Yikes!
That would be a rude awakening! I am glad that you are all safe though.

Cathy