PDA

View Full Version : My Sewing Area

CrazyMtnLady
December 3rd, 2012, 05:52 PM
I finally got around to taking some pictures of my sewing area. I made 2 extra shelves over the weekend and put them over the upper portion of the window. It is a very small space, but I make do.

bkthomas
December 3rd, 2012, 06:26 PM
Love the light fixture above your machine Donna!!!
Love the red/black/white quilt you are working on and the brown/cream fabric for your hubby will look fantastic too!
I see someone who knows you well has sent you a Christmas card with Gators' picture (hehe).
Thanks for sharing!!!

Lisapc
December 3rd, 2012, 06:29 PM
I just love the pig. The quilt is beautiful!

Sandy Navas
December 3rd, 2012, 06:41 PM
You do something every day to encourage me that 'small is better'. It is so much easier to keep things under control in a small space. I should strive for that, don'tcha think?

Love it, Donna.

CrazyMtnLady
December 3rd, 2012, 07:04 PM
Thank you for your comments. DH bought me the Chandelier at a gun show. It is made from real antlers. The ones you buy at places like Bass Pro Shop or Cabella's are made with fake resin antlers.
I love my pig too. I have a lot out in the storage bus and I am going to start sneaking a couple into the house now and then. I can always throw up another shelf somewhere to put them on! I am wicked with the circular saw!
I need to sit and finish the FMQ on the black and white quilt. The only reason I haven't finished it is because I am trying to decide how to quilt the squares.
The Pug Christmas card was from DH's nephew and his wife.

K. McEuen
December 3rd, 2012, 07:47 PM
Well your shelves turned out great! I'd love to have a shelf about 12" down from the ceiling all the way around the room. I could put so much stuff on it, like books and such. It would be out of my way, yet within reach easy enough for me.

Bubby
December 3rd, 2012, 07:51 PM
Donna....Your sewing space looks so cozy and comfortable. Love the antler light and the piggy!!!

nana margaret
December 3rd, 2012, 08:38 PM
Love your piggy bank!

SuziC
December 3rd, 2012, 08:40 PM
Love the pig! I am so impressed with what you did with your space!!!!

Monique
December 3rd, 2012, 09:21 PM
Good for you. I can be pretty handy too at times. I LOVE YOUR PIGGY BANK!! It all looks great.

alliek
December 3rd, 2012, 10:34 PM
Nice Space!

New York Sue
December 3rd, 2012, 10:44 PM
I LOVE the redneck chandalier. It's fabulous!
The piggy bank, PRICELESS!

buckeyequilter
December 3rd, 2012, 11:41 PM
Your shelves are wonderful. I like your fabric collection jar :)

lilmouse
December 4th, 2012, 01:02 AM
You did a nice job with a small space....love the piggy bank and the label on it!

MayinJerset
December 4th, 2012, 02:58 AM
Quilting isn't the only thing you do well, shelves and surroundings look great. May in Jersey

Blondie
December 4th, 2012, 08:26 AM
Gotta love the piggie and the rest of your sewing space is wonderful as well. Shelves are a marvelous invention, right?

I finally got around to taking some pictures of my sewing area. I made 2 extra shelves over the weekend and put them over the upper portion of the window. It is a very small space, but I make do.

Donna F
December 4th, 2012, 09:31 AM
I adore that pig. I have a thing for pigs, not sure why tho.