PDA

View Full Version : Monday Monday

Monique
December 3rd, 2012, 09:22 AM

Good morning all you lovely and wonderful people. It's Monday. It is the start of a brand new week. I have no scheduled work this week but I am still busy. This afternoon I have to go for an ultrasound. Wednesday, we have our Senior's Christmas supper and Friday we go to Trenton for the weekend. My son booked me to babysit. I get a baby fix and see that new grand doggie. I better not get eaten.

I spent the better part of the day yesterday making placemats and they are coming together quite nice. I will take pics soon. Those should get finished today. And then on to other gifts. I just don't know what they are yet. LOL!!

I would like everyone to have an AWESOME day.

P/S It rained all day yesterday and now all the snow is gone.

buckeyequilter
December 3rd, 2012, 09:40 AM

Good morning all you lovely and wonderful people. It's Monday. It is the start of a brand new week. I have no scheduled work this week but I am still busy. This afternoon I have to go for an ultrasound. Wednesday, we have our Senior's Christmas supper and Friday we go to Trenton for the weekend. My son booked me to babysit. I get a baby fix and see that new grand doggie. I better not get eaten.

That would be the pits to get eaten by the grand-doggie and right before Christmas too...LOL

Sew Perfect
December 3rd, 2012, 09:46 AM
Place mats...a GREAT idea! I want to make oval ones. Hope you don't get eaten!

Edited to say...Happy Monday to you!

MayinJerset
December 3rd, 2012, 10:32 AM
Good Monday Morning to all. No fooling around this morning, a quick straightening up donwstairs and then up to my sewing room I go. Last time I was up there was a few days before Thanksgiving but I didn't sew as I was making sure my sewing room/guest bedroom was ready for my DGD's visit.

Had a great day yesterday getting together with my brother, sisters and their families when we visited the cemetery and later there 25 of us at lunch at which we enjoyed catching up with extended family members we don't see often. Little grand nephew Mario presented me with a Christmas gift from him and the rest of the grand nieces and nephews. Each year when we begin to leave the luncheon I give the little kids a small Christmas gift (this year it was a little goodie bag) so this year they all gave me a lovely fleece scraf. It goes so nicely with my winter jacket so I know my niece Dana picked it out as the grandnieces and nephews are all under 6 years old.

Sister Carol invitied DH and I over to her house afterwards, we stayed awhile to have a cup of tea and she presented me with another Christmas gift, a mug with a lovely verse about sisters are friends for life. This Christmas season is beginning very nicely for me. I'll be seeing Carol just after Christmas and that's when I'll give her her gift, some charm packs from MSQC, she loves charm packs.

Off to sew and finish working on the promised quilts for Hurricane Sandy victums. May

CountryHut
December 3rd, 2012, 10:38 AM
*where's my megaphone*~ . . . oh here it is ~ grabbing megaphone*~ . .

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD morning Stash Bashers :)

hope ya'll had a super weekend - it was a bleep in the wind for me -- have no idea where it went - but it's gone now - *darn*~
got the hubby off to work this morning - doggies had their morning cookies and are fast asleep again - *lucky doggies*~ . .
now it's time to place my order to restock the weekly inventory on the T-shirt supplies -
after I finish up on today's shipment -- I "have" to finish a quilt for the youngest Grandson 1st Birthday that is fast approaching --
-- I used The Sweet Scoop Twice The Charm for his little quilt -- that should go over real good with his Momma -- since she's into
all that organic stuff . . *evil laughter*~
anyway - I bashed that stash on my Accuquilt studio and made the 2.5 strips & jellyroll raced them -- just totally sew sew cute -
- so it's going to be a multi-tasking Monday -- computer work - processing orders - wash - sew - more wash - sew - dust - more wash - sew - fold clothes and put them away - sew - vacuum -- *shaking head*~ . . . was that 3 loads of wash? . . oh .. and it's a play moment for the doggies -- if I dn't they come tell me it's time to play . . how in the world did they learn about clock work? . . L*~

and we're off . . . .

ya'll have a Great Stash Bashing day :)

Diane :)

pcbatiks
December 3rd, 2012, 11:00 AM
Good morning everyone......had a great weekend. My DH & I saw A Christmas Story play Saturday night. It was fun and they did a great job......with Randy whining "I can't put my arms down" and Flick with his tongue stuck to a pole......too funny! We decorated our tree yesterday while the weather outside was a "frosty" 75 to 80 degrees....with more of the same temps today!

For those of you interested quiltinggallery.com is having a Christmas table runner contest at the end of this week! Just make sure and read the rules first...some of them have changed.......you can't ask for votes on forums. I know a lot of you have made some already.........something else on my to do list!

Hope to get the Dorky Quilt book in the mail today.......it will heading to Hawaii to see Ruby!

CrazyMtnLady
December 3rd, 2012, 11:15 AM

Good Morning. I hope all of you are in the Christmas Spirit! I didn't get any decorating done over the weekend, but I did build six shelves! DH sure was surprised when he got home from his weekend gun show. :) I will take pics in a bit. I still have a bit of clean up and organizing to do. 2 of the shelves I put in my sewing area. I also stripped the bed and did tons of laundry and hung it on the line. I had to stop because I ran out of clothesline and clothespins! LOL.. It was 74* here yesterday and I was walking around in shorts and a t-shirt.
Something very eerie happened while I was running a load of laundry through the wringer. I was kind of working and humming to myself and daydreaming and I heard a whistle, like someone trying to get my attention. Now mind you.. I live in the boonies, no one around. Mike the closest neighbor can't whistle..he doesn't have any teeth (okay maybe 2) I have never heard a bird make a whistle like that before. I looked all around but there was no one anywhere. It made the hair on the back of my neck stand up and gave me chills. I was so scared I actually took the safety off on my pistol (I am always armed!) No one wants to mess with this crazy mountain lady for sure!
DH had a great show so I should be able to get some extra groceries this week. Maybe even some wine!
I sure miss getting on here when DH is gone and takes the computer. But that may change if Century Link ever gets their you know what together and gets out here to hook us up. Then he may leave me the computer when he goes away for the weekend. Or maybe I should put New Computer on my Christmas wish list then I would have my own!

Have a marvelous day.

Hugs and prayers to all.

aliaslaceygreen
December 3rd, 2012, 12:11 PM
Good morning all!! Am off again today, but of course will have to work thru to next Monday because of it...so I need to make the most of it.

I wrote out the master ToDo list and left it in the kitchen. When DH asked how far I'd come I told him I was working on the things no one else could do and then I would look and see what was left, lol! I think a subtle hint the that the 6' 3" non quilter could tackle cleaning the ceiling fans and dusting for cobwebs while I quilted gifts!! We shall see how it goes.

Yesterday I procrastinated as long as humanly possible...why is that? But, I CUT all the blocks for the 12 challenge blocks that I need to have for the 11th, and started to sew them.

Then, I thought about a few more Photo a Day ideas, and had to plot them out...

Then, I realized that this Wednesday is our Guild Christmas party and I was going to make Tree pins, so I have two sheets of them that I NEED to get the glue and glitter onto this AM...

So as soon as the caffeine wanders through to the proper parts, I will finish machine quilting that last sheet and start getting into the glue and such... And start sorting that monster pile of gifts into people so I can see if I am missing someone. AND go to the PO with my SS gift!!

AND grocery shop.....AND one particular photo I want to try to set up.... and...... lol

Well, I hope I end up half as productive as I plan!!!
Take care!

Bubby
December 3rd, 2012, 12:16 PM
Good Morning,

I've had a busy morning packaging the runners for the winners of the drawing. I truly wish I could have made a runner for everyone...just not possible. I'll do another drawing sometime soon.

I have a dirty house to clean and laundry to do. If things would just stay neat and clean for a while...it a viscious circle, isn't it!

I hope everyone had a good weekend. Three more weeks until Christmas...where has 2012 gone!! Hugs, Barb

Madeforyouinma11
December 3rd, 2012, 02:19 PM
Good morning all!
Well, it was very nice coming on here this morning to see that I won one of Barbs Tablerunners! So excited!
Well, yesterday I was able to get most of my decorating done. Just a few more odds and ends to put out but that's it. Today I need to clean up the mess I made while decorating and put the empty containers back into the attic. I have my SS's box ready to mail, so that is going to the post office today! I thought it was ready a couple days ago but then realized I wanted to add a couple more things, but it is all set now! :)
It's a beautiful day today and it was a beautiful day yesterday too. I'm not sure what is going on with the weather but I'm not complaining. Well, gotta scoot...lots of things to do...lots and lots of sewing to get done! Yikes it's already the 3rd!
Have a great day everyone! Hugs and prayers to everyone.

buckeyequilter
December 3rd, 2012, 03:06 PM

Good Morning. I hope all of you are in the Christmas Spirit! I didn't get any decorating done over the weekend, but I did build six shelves! DH sure was surprised when he got home from his weekend gun show. :) I will take pics in a bit. I still have a bit of clean up and organizing to do. 2 of the shelves I put in my sewing area. I also stripped the bed and did tons of laundry and hung it on the line. I had to stop because I ran out of clothesline and clothespins! LOL.. It was 74* here yesterday and I was walking around in shorts and a t-shirt.
Something very eerie happened while I was running a load of laundry through the wringer. I was kind of working and humming to myself and daydreaming and I heard a whistle, like someone trying to get my attention. Now mind you.. I live in the boonies, no one around. Mike the closest neighbor can't whistle..he doesn't have any teeth (okay maybe 2) I have never heard a bird make a whistle like that before. I looked all around but there was no one anywhere. It made the hair on the back of my neck stand up and gave me chills. I was so scared I actually took the safety off on my pistol (I am always armed!) No one wants to mess with this crazy mountain lady for sure!
DH had a great show so I should be able to get some extra groceries this week. Maybe even some wine!
I sure miss getting on here when DH is gone and takes the computer. But that may change if Century Link ever gets their you know what together and gets out here to hook us up. Then he may leave me the computer when he goes away for the weekend. Or maybe I should put New Computer on my Christmas wish list then I would have my own!

Have a marvelous day.

Hugs and prayers to all.

Ask Centry Link how much home networking is...then if you get another computer you can both be on the internet at the same time. We have Time Warner and it's only $5 extra a month. And we run several computers and things like Ipods, Kindles.

Ginny B
December 3rd, 2012, 03:13 PM
Good afternoon all. I took the day off from work to put the kitchen back together --- however, because our heat wasn't working on Friday, the last coats and the polyurethaning didn't happen so therefore the kitchen is not back together today. However, I am still making good use of the time -- I cleaned the bathroom before the painter arrived then I headed upstairs to clean our bedroom, catch up on some ironing and now I am going to work on a couple of mug rugs and then work on the column quilt I am making for a co-worker of dh's. Just wanted to drop in here first and see what everyone was up to. I didn't come on first thing in the morning because I was afraid I wouldn't get done what needed to get done. LOL

We did get our decorations up outside yesterday. Only needed one trip to the store to replace some net lighting that didn't light (although it did the day before when we tested them all, sigh). We added a new Santa to our decorations since half the lights were out on our old one. We got one like I used to have with just one lightbulb inside him. He looks really nice standing next to my snowman -- however, the snowman must not be happy because even though he was lit when the lights first when on, when we went out to grab some dinner (both too tired to cook), he was no longer lit. sigh Not sure what's up with that.

Donna, did you ever figure out what was whistling? I'm hoping it was a bird. Like maybe a mockingbird who learned how to mock whistle.

Ok, off to get the sewing machine humming. Hope you all are having a good day.

Ginny B.

toggpine
December 3rd, 2012, 03:16 PM
Hi Everybody!

I went out to milk test a farm yesterday and ended coming home with 4 sugar pumpkins and another box of apples. Hmmm. More stuff to can up, and I just put it all away! I won't complain, I'd just rather be sewing than processing produce!

Hubby got the box of Christmas lights down and I should go put them up while it's not dumping rain. I'm going to run a strand of lights around our tree. Then it can look pretty on the front porch until it's time to bring it inside for a few days. That is the only down side of a living tree.

My list isn't as detailed as Trish's but I should still get to it!

You all have a great day!
Hugs, Cathy

shannonsaulter
December 3rd, 2012, 04:03 PM
LOL you know you love those grandoggies and all the attention. enjoy your baby fix...unlike for most here its my Friday and I am sitting here with a soar throat and a cough...BLAH better now then on Christmas..Hoping to finish my baby quilt this week..Neighbor just told me its a boy so all the primary colors will be good...Hope everyone has a great day!

quiltingtrish
December 3rd, 2012, 07:37 PM
Hi all ~
Cil - I just mailed my SS box today too because I had something I wanted to add too.
Donna - there is this bird that shrills like I've never heard before when I go outside to leave from work everyday. Don't have a clue what it is, wonder if it's the same thing you have?
Ready for Christmas? ha! We don't get the tree until about 2 weeks before so that means nothing gets decorated until then. And, with this new kitten around I suppose I will have to find some string to tie the tree up.
I guess I better go find some dinner. Wouldn't want DH to fall over from malnourishment.

Hugs,