PDA

View Full Version : Need a wee bit of help finding a quote.

Julie Tweed
December 2nd, 2012, 08:14 PM
I saw a Quote I like. I meant to pin it but have forgotten where it was...

I do not know it fully but it was full of good things...

SO YOUR TASK SHOULD YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IS TO FIND THIS QUOTE BASED ON LIMITED AND CRUDDY CLUES:this message will not self destruct in 5 minutes......but if you wish to pretend it did and scream a little feel free by all means....lol
It was quite long but it basically has stuff in it like...

I am thankful for high energy bill because it means I am warm
When I have to park far away in the parking lot I am thankful because I have a car
I am thankful for kids playing computers in their rooms because I know where they are.
Thankful for hubby on the sofa because I he is here with me...

Like I said not very particular or much to go on ....but I would really like to find it again...I have a few people in my life who do not appreciate what they have and I am hoping a little reminder will help the realize they have more than they think.

Thanks in advance...:-)

J

MRoy
December 2nd, 2012, 09:23 PM
Would this be it?

Things to Be Thankful For

Be thankful for the clothes that fit a little too snug, because it means you have enough to eat.
Be thankful for the mess you clean up after a party, because it means you have been surrounded by friends.
Be thankful for the taxes you pay, because it means you're employed.
Be thankful that your lawn needs mowing and your windows need fixing, because it means you have a home.
Be thankful for your heating bill, because it means you are warm.
Be thankful for the laundry, because it means you have clothes to wear.
Be thankful for the space you find at the far end of the parking lot, because it means you can walk.
Be thankful for the lady who sings off-key behind you in church, because it means you can hear.
Be thankful when people complain about the government, because it means we have freedom of speech.
Be thankful for the alarm that goes off in the early morning hours, because it means you're alive.

K. McEuen
December 2nd, 2012, 10:27 PM
I found this one ...

I Am Thankful For...

For the teenager who is not doing dishes but is watching TV, because that means he is at home and not on the streets.
For the taxes I pay, because it means that I am employed.
For the mess to clean after a party, because it means that I have been surrounded by friends.
For the clothes that fit a little too snug, because it means I have enough to eat.
For my shadow that watches me work, because it means I am out in the sunshine.
For a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning, and gutters that need fixing, because it means I have a home.
For all the complaining I hear about the government, because it means that we have freedom of speech.
For the parking spot I find at the far end of the parking lot, because it means I am capable of walking, and that I have been blessed with transportation.
For my huge heating bill, because it means I am warm.
For the lady behind me in my place of worship when she sings off key, because it means that I can hear.
For the pile of laundry and ironing, because it means I have clothes to wear.
For weariness and aching muscles at the end of the day, because it means I have been capable of working hard.
For the alarm that goes off in the early morning hours, because it means that I am alive.
and finally....

For too much e-mail, because it means I have friends who are thinking of me.

Julie Tweed
December 3rd, 2012, 03:24 PM
Great ladies...knew you would find it...:-) now to pop it off to those who need to see it...!

shannonsaulter
December 3rd, 2012, 04:04 PM
Those are great!