PDA

View Full Version : Saturday, Dec 1

Blondie
December 1st, 2012, 08:17 AM

Welcome to December, Folksies!

It's December, it's Cold outside, and I woke up to Christmas music playing and a nice hot cup. Good hubby. I owe him a nice backrub. He is playing some Trans Siberian Orchestra; my favorite. I can actually listen to them all year. They have a newer CD out we don't have yet, but, I do believe he will receive that as a gift, even if he gets it for himself. We almost always have some sort of music on in the house. We have happy hands and feet. Now and then when the big boy comes in from work, I dance all around him. He doesn't dance. Heckfire shoot, I really can't dance either but I sure do like to think I can. Good endorphins and all that jazz.

Will be busy at work today; then will have to finish decorating some more.

Happy Weekend. I will be offline a day or two.

Jean Sewing Machine
December 1st, 2012, 08:23 AM
Wow, where did this year go? Had fun yesterday reorganizing my charmpacks. I need to get back to sewing some, the box is full! Not one more can be squeezed in!

What do you have planned for today? I'm visiting with two cousins and spouses and my brother tonight. I call it a cousinfest. Before we meet again at a funeral, we figured we should meet for dinner and drinks. It will be fun.

Bubby
December 1st, 2012, 08:54 AM
Good Morning!

I've been up since 3 sewing and piddling. When you're done sleeping why not get up and have fun!

We have a long day of repairs at the apartments today. Why does everything go out at the same time? It seems to happen that way at home, too! Not fair...

My household is waking up so I have to go for now. I wish everyone a great Saturday on this first weekend of December!

Hugs, Barb

Divine Daisy
December 1st, 2012, 09:01 AM
This morning has been spent re thinking some Christmas Stockings requested by Heather. Her first request was for traditional red and green, turned up toe a cuff on the top and bells mother please. Have to say this job was not thrilling me and I have been avoiding it with olympian skill. so yesterday i was sketching/doodling and out came a stocking design all on it's own. No red or green, no cuff.........well I COULD add a cuff... so I called her and said....yarda yarda.....and she whooped and wants 'one like that'.

Ha! I still have it. So I get to do some quilted stockings that interest me instead of boring 'normal' ones and she gets something different. Of course it also means I spent on red and green fabric I no longer need but as I just said to Mr D........there will be another christmas next year.

Wanders off to buy some black and gold instead........yippeeeeeeeeeeee

auntiemern
December 1st, 2012, 09:09 AM
Morning all. I am up, but not happy about it. Got the craft fair with Rhonda this week end. UGHHH. Will be so glad when it is over. Craft fairs in general that is. Have a great day. Catch you all later. Hugs and Blessings

Monique
December 1st, 2012, 09:09 AM
Good morning everyone. December 1st, huh? Wow, where has the time gone? I did not get much sewing done. I wanted to do some placemats and a table runner for a friend. Of course, I have no accent color. So I am thinking just stitch around 1/4 and turn and then quilt it somehow. How does that sound?

I work this morning. Hubby has just left for the camp, so I am all alone until tomorrow. I may try and tackle those placemats this afternoon.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Daisy, you make me smile.

MRoy
December 1st, 2012, 09:24 AM
Good morning! I have laundry going this morning. I'll decorate the front of the house for Christmas today while it's a little warmer...nothing fancy, just a lighted wreath with a big red bow on the front door and garland with red bows on the window ledges. I have "lazy garland", I stapled garland to boards cut to fit the window ledges and attached red bows...permanently. It takes about 10 minutes to pull it out of the basement and decorate the windows.

I'm going to work on more cheddar bow tie blocks this weekend. I'm enjoying sewing them....easy, peasy! Happy Saturday Everyone!

mamaquilt
December 1st, 2012, 09:34 AM
Hi there everyone,

Well I'm glad that I'm not alone working on different things and not sewing for the moment. I did sew, but that was just repairs, like a new zipper, my pants are too long or I'm too short. That kind of stuff. I ligned the whole thing up in the hall and tacked names to them, so everyone is able to recognize its package. I attach a picture of my hall as it looks this afternoon. 32900

I'll be gone for a longer walk this afternoon and see if those packages are gone when I return. If not the time limit is up Monday morning. A new week , new projects.

As you can see there is all kind of crafts involved. A new seat for the trailer; 20 bottles of portwine for a craft fair ( I do the wine) a knitted scarf my aunt started and couldn't finish, 2 pair of pants from Dad to be shortened etc.

So I'll be glad for a 2 weeks vacation to be spent in Berlin after the 8th of December. There I'm sure to get some new ideas as well. The problem is my to-do-list is getting longer and longer. At last I won't die of boredom.

Have a nice weekend and a not boredom week

greetings from the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg

Michèle

Right now the sun is out and I have to get out.

pcbatiks
December 1st, 2012, 09:37 AM
Good morning everyone..............I'm up early.......going to a few garage sales with my mom. Not very cold here....it will be in the 70''s today. This evening my DH & I are going to see the play A Christmas Story......you know "You'll shot your eye out" and F R A G I L E ! Hope to decorate our tree today also. Hope you all have a great day!!

cyndiofthevortex
December 1st, 2012, 09:53 AM
Yippie! We are getting our tree today! We go out as a gang, about 14 of us and cut down four trees for our different houses. I hope to get ours decorated soon-soon. That's an expression my late mom used to use all the time whenever she wanted things done, well, soon! There is even a dusting of snow on the ground to make it the perfect morning to roam through the fir trees to pick the perfect one. Afterwards we are all coming here for some chicken chili and cornbread, then a trip to The Christmas Dove, a huge (and I mean a warehouse huge) store filled with different rooms filled with all things Christmas. It will be such a treat. We all go and buy one ornament for our trees. What fun! And the snowmen will be making their grand entrance today - how they must have hated being cooped up in that hot attic all summer! It's time once again to set them FREE to rule the house.

Hope everyone has a great day full of peace and joy. Remember, Joy to the World!

Lisapc
December 1st, 2012, 09:55 AM
I fell asleep on the couch around 10 last night. Or I think I did because I woke up there around 6:30 this morning with 3 blankets (hubby is sweet) on me and a couple of dogs at my feet. I was SITTING UP! So my back is killing me. I need the drugs to kick in and then once I can move I am decorating the outside of our house with hubby and son with lights. Lets see, the plan is breakfast, outside lights, a trip to Sam's Club, sewing, hanging up new shades in my new sewing room, sewing and making chocolate truffles and dinner. I will do my best to not fall asleep on the couch again.

For now while I wait for my Peter's to wake up I will have another cup of coffee , take my dogs outside while the flurry's are coming down and enjoy my last few moments of quiet!

Happy December 1st everyone!

MayinJerset
December 1st, 2012, 10:51 AM
Good Morning everyone, Plan today is first to color my hair! On Sunday I'm meeting with family and don't want them all to know how gray I really am. Although my oven is fixed now I don't have time to bake my brother and sisters their annual Christmas fruit bread so I made each of them a jar of California Cornbread Mix and they can bake their own this year. Need to assemble Christmas goodies bags for great nieces and nephews, if everyone comes there will be 9 kids under the age of 5. Good thing brother Jim arranged for us to have lunch in the restaurant's backroom so the kids can roam around without distrubing other diners.

Tuesday my small quilt group is having a Christmas Pot Luck and I need to find an interesting salad to bring as well as wrap my Christmas Grab Bag gift - this year my gift is a packet of note cards with a quilting them and a charm pack. Our gifts have a $10 limit so the charm pack is one of MQSC's daily deals. Have a good day everyone. May

Klasien
December 1st, 2012, 10:52 AM
My day started with a lot of stress..............next year my all time hero Bruce Springsteen will be back in the Netherlands! This morning 10 am the sale of the tickets started online.....so 5 min before I was ready to get some tickets.......one and a half hour later I was still at my computer and not having ticket, there was a huge problem with the server of the ticketservice.....so stress stress stress......then I called friends of ours, they were trying to get tickets too.....and while we were talking on the phone they got through.....(we were both trying to get 4 tickets, so I was getting the ticket for them and visa versa) so my DH walked in the diningroom while I was on the phone......because I was screaming so loud.......I am sooooooo happy......this made my day!
It will not be till next summer, but that is totaly okay, my youngest daughter Roselique will join me and my friends, (Jan does not like Bruce so he never comes along) Roselique learned to love Bruce while she was living in the USA, this will be her first concert.

Now back to making totes and shopping bags, I came across the pattern of the Green bag lady, I love it! I made 3 so far (but I do put lining in the bags, I don't like the single fabric and all the seems showing). The christmas fair is two weeks from today so I better get busy.....with a huge smile on my face and Bruce's music out of my MP3 while sewing..........(I'll stop now I can talk about the Boss all day..........)

Have a great day my friends!!!!!!

Sandy Navas
December 1st, 2012, 12:12 PM
I'm sitting here with a huge lump in my throat. Not the best way for me to start the day, especially since Al left early and won't be home until late. DD called a bit ago and told me she has miscarried. It took the props right out of me. I have been filled with anxiety, hope, excitement, wonder, and real concern over this pregnancy. She's 43 now, it hasn't been an easy ride since she discovered she was pregnant again, and I have had mixed feelings. But how can anyone not get excited about a new baby? It has just hit me so hard though - and I am so saddened even though it probably is best at this time.

So, who knows whether I'll get much accomplished today. I have had a lot of plans - I'll just have to see if I can umph it and get myself in the mood to sew!

Special prayers and lots and lots of hugs to all my wonderful on-line buddies - love each and every one of you.

BTW - Daisy - when do we get to see inside that magic ball of yours and catch a vision of this new stocking pattern?

And, Myrna - I've finally had to go look up the Cheddar bowtie quilt - do you use Kraft slices?

buckeyequilter
December 1st, 2012, 12:19 PM
I'm sitting here with a huge lump in my throat. Not the best way for me to start the day, especially since Al left early and won't be home until late. DD called a bit ago and told me she has miscarried. It took the props right out of me. I have been filled with anxiety, hope, excitement, wonder, and real concern over this pregnancy. She's 43 now, it hasn't been an easy ride since she discovered she was pregnant again, and I have had mixed feelings. But how can anyone not get excited about a new baby? It has just hit me so hard though - and I am so saddened even though it probably is best at this time.

Sandy, I'm so sorry.

buckeyequilter
December 1st, 2012, 12:22 PM
Good morning....

I'm out in my sewing room today working on Christmas placemats. I'm using charm packs so they will be patchwork - I hope they look ok when they're finished. Each placemat will be a little different. I have the stuff to make some of the quilted Christmas ornaments - so I think I'll try my hand at them a little later. Then I'm going to finish packing up my SS gift and get it ready to mail sometime this week.

I might start putting out a few Christmas decorations this week-end but won't put the tree up for another week.

Well back to the sewing room....have a wonderful day. Prayers and hugs to all.

Lisapc
December 1st, 2012, 12:30 PM
Sandy:

I am so sorry for your families loss. There really are no words. I am so sorry and thinking of all of you.

EnumclawGramma
December 1st, 2012, 12:54 PM
So sorry to hear about this Sandy. Huggin' you in my heart right now.

Lonna
December 1st, 2012, 12:59 PM
Sandy so sorry for your families loss. Keeping you all in my prayers.

Not much happening here right now at work just finished running the credit cards for December payments. Counting it down until 2 and then I can get out of here for the rest of the weekend. Need to clean up my sewing room this afternoon and try to figure out a way to rearrange the room. Need to find a way to make that small space work for me. Hope every one has a great day.

Swedish leo
December 1st, 2012, 01:03 PM

So, who knows whether I'll get much accomplished today. I have had a lot of plans - I'll just have to see if I can umph it and get myself in the mood to sew!

Special prayers and lots and lots of hugs to all my wonderful on-line buddies - love each and every one of you.

BTW - Daisy - when do we get to see inside that magic ball of yours and catch a vision of this new stocking pattern?

And, Myrna - I've finally had to go look up the Cheddar bowtie quilt - do you use Kraft slices?

I am so sorry for your loss. Hugs and love coming your way! Annika

shannonsaulter
December 1st, 2012, 02:16 PM
Good Morning to all..Another day of work for me...Christmas yard stuff may have to wait since it has decided to rain :(
Have a great day all!!

HandsOffItsMine
December 1st, 2012, 03:06 PM
(((Sandy))), I'm very sorry for your family's loss. Wish I could give you a big hug in person and have a cup of coffee together dear friend. :( Prayers for all of you!

Today I go back into Waikiki to watch the nanny watch the twins from 1 to 5. I was to go back last night but TG the adults were too tired from the flight in and from watching that midmorning's nanny and waiting for the afternoon nanny to arrive who was already 25 minutes late. Don't think this nanny bit is working out much. :( Think I better offer up my Oma sitting so that they can have some fun while they are on vacation.

Jenny's parents want to see the volcano on the other island and keep nagging Steve! He's breaking down and arranging that for just them, should be interesting 'cause they hardly speak English and don't know how many Russian speaking guides will be on that tour. lol

I'm packing an overnight bag in case this turns into a late night - I'm not driving in the dark again. There is construction work on H1 (only way to get home) after 7 pm, 6 lanes become 2...and the average 45 minute drive can become 2 hours on a Saturday night. No way! Love my friends...but there's a limit to this madness! lol

Got to clean up the place before I leave at 11:30. Have fun today! Can't believe it's Dec. 1 already!!!

Huggers, Ruby

pcbatiks
December 1st, 2012, 03:10 PM
Sandy.......so sorry for your families loss........prayers to your DD and your family.

Jean Sewing Machine
December 1st, 2012, 03:33 PM
Good morning everyone..............I'm up early.......going to a few garage sales with my mom. Not very cold here....it will be in the 70''s today. This evening my DH & I are going to see the play A Christmas Story......you know "You'll shot your eye out" and F R A G I L E ! Hope to decorate our tree today also. Hope you all have a great day!! Speaking of "The Christmas Story" it is our family's favorite Christmas spoof! I swear my son could narrate the entire movie with direct quotes! Found these--the stockings were hung by the chimney with care! Watch out, they're F R A G I L E, pronounced FRAG--EEE--LAY! They were so cute and so cheap, I couldn't copy them, just bought out Walgreens supply!

Jean Sewing Machine
December 1st, 2012, 03:40 PM

And, Myrna - I've finally had to go look up the Cheddar bowtie quilt - do you use Kraft slices?Sandy, I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter's miscarriage. Anytime a baby is lost, it is such a shock and sad event. They say that women in their 40's have more troubles, who knows if that is true, but the pregnancies are usually considered higher risk. I'm so sorry, please convey my sympathies to your DD, and I know your heart is broken, and without Al there to share the grief with, it will be a difficult day for you. You have my deepest sympathies. Maybe working on a few quiet projects will give you time to think, cry, and move toward healing the hole left in your heart by the loss of this little one.

Jean Sewing Machine
December 1st, 2012, 03:43 PM
(((Sandy))), I'm very sorry for your family's loss. Wish I could give you a big hug in person and have a cup of coffee together dear friend. :( Prayers for all of you!

Today I go back into Waikiki to watch the nanny watch the twins from 1 to 5. I was to go back last night but TG the adults were too tired from the flight in and from watching that midmorning's nanny and waiting for the afternoon nanny to arrive who was already 25 minutes late. Don't think this nanny bit is working out much. :( Think I better offer up my Oma sitting so that they can have some fun while they are on vacation.

Jenny's parents want to see the volcano on the other island and keep nagging Steve! He's breaking down and arranging that for just them, should be interesting 'cause they hardly speak English and don't know how many Russian speaking guides will be on that tour. lol

I'm packing an overnight bag in case this turns into a late night - I'm not driving in the dark again. There is construction work on H1 (only way to get home) after 7 pm, 6 lanes become 2...and the average 45 minute drive can become 2 hours on a Saturday night. No way! Love my friends...but there's a limit to this madness! lol

Got to clean up the place before I leave at 11:30. Have fun today! Can't believe it's Dec. 1 already!!!

Huggers, Ruby
I heard that Killuea is putting on quite a show these days. We saw it in 91 and then again in 2002. Lots of action in '91, not so much in 2002. Is that what your guests want to see?

HandsOffItsMine
December 1st, 2012, 04:43 PM
I heard that Killuea is putting on quite a show these days. We saw it in 91 and then again in 2002. Lots of action in '91, not so much in 2002. Is that what your guests want to see?

Yes, it's very active right now and the main lava stream has made it to the ocean for the last two weeks. The airfair is $375 a person right now, really eats up a whole day coming and going - They are only here a week, then traveling with twins and all the junk. The inlaws want to go really bad 'cause they will never come back to Hawaii again. :)

Blondie
December 1st, 2012, 05:36 PM
Just getting in from work; a long day which is good for the income for this week. Some of these folks are getting cuts, color, perm before the holiday rush. My Saturday folks are usually not standing weekly appts, so i take what comes my way.

(((((Sandy)))))), my heart is broken by this news. Knowing that mixed emotions are just that; mixed up all around. There are no words of wisdom from me. Just love and prayers that the Lord will heal those wounds and bruises as only He can. Special prayers for your DD. Having had two miscarriages and a stillborn, I think I understand the grief involved. I am here for you and thanking the Lord for Al.

Ruby, you have your hands FULL! A true type A personality, I don't think you have ever eaten the bread of idleness. That airfare sounds high? How would I know high finance and travel expenses!

Off to find the hubs. When I came in a few minutes ago, he was once again raking the leaves and burning a pile. I think the leaves have finally finished their fall flight.

Have wonderful evening folksies. Making lasagne and parmesan bread for dinner. Then off to plan festivities for tomorrow night's Walking Dead fall season finale. We are planning another excuse for a party - possibly having some lady fingers and red punch. lol

Divine Daisy
December 1st, 2012, 05:51 PM
Sandy, I am so very sorry to hear your sad news. stay strong love

Jean Sewing Machine
December 1st, 2012, 05:54 PM
Yes, it's very active right now and the main lava stream has made it to the ocean for the last two weeks. The airfair is $375 a person right now, really eats up a whole day coming and going - They are only here a week, then traveling with twins and all the junk. The inlaws want to go really bad 'cause they will never come back to Hawaii again. :)

Signs of the times, it was $90 per person when we flew there from Oahu. Cost $600 in 2002 from St. Louis to Kona. Do they get a bus tour also for their $375? It really is cool, but that sounds so expensive for those few minutes in the air.

pcbatiks
December 1st, 2012, 06:12 PM
Hey Blondie........can we come by and eat supper with you tonight before we go to the Christmas Story play?

Jean.....those Christmas stockings are tooo cute!! We have the leg lamp ornament with the crate and Ralphie looking like a deranged Easter bunny!

buckeyequilter
December 1st, 2012, 06:21 PM
Hey Blondie........can we come by and eat supper with you tonight before we go to the Christmas Story play?

Jean.....those Christmas stockings are tooo cute!! We have the leg lamp ornament with the crate and Ralphie looking like a deranged Easter bunny!

I love that movie...just had the DVD in while I was sewing.

HandsOffItsMine
December 1st, 2012, 06:26 PM
Ruby, you have your hands FULL! A true type A personality, I don't think you have ever eaten the bread of idleness. That airfare sounds high? How would I know high finance and travel expenses!

Normally $250 RT but since the volcano is very active...lots of folks want to see it...rates go up!

Glad that you're making extra funds...always nice! :D

Yep, here I thought I'd have some quiet, relaxing, sewing time while Don's gone. Nope! But they're friends, need help and the babies are shy at first. Plus I get my Oma fix. lol

Save some lasagna for me though!

Huggers, Ruby

auntiemern
December 2nd, 2012, 12:54 AM
Oh my dear, dear Sandy. I am so sorry for your family's loss. My heart aches for you. Sending you big ole cyber hug from the other side of the state. (((((Sandy)))))

lilmouse
December 2nd, 2012, 01:10 AM
Sandy I am so sorry, it is so hard to deal with the mixed feelings, my DD has had nine miscarriages so far and has successfully given birth 4 times and is still trying for more.......but it scares the spit out of me.....that's is so painful for her each and every time and she has a hard time carrying for nine months! I do feel your pain, know that we are with you in spirit and sending lots of hugs your way!

MayinJerset
December 2nd, 2012, 02:44 AM
Sandy, Such sad news for your DD and you. All the gals have already expressed my feelings so know I'm thinking of you both. May

toggpine
December 2nd, 2012, 03:39 AM
Sandy, Sorry to hear about your daughter. That has to hit the family pretty hard. Hugs and prayers for comfort from us too.

It was an In-Law day. I spent the morning on the phone with my in-laws catching up on all of the California family news and we spent the rest of the day with my mom & step-dad. Mom is able to guilt my husband into hanging her Christmas lights every year. This year most of the strands had suffered technical difficulty. The huge flowering cherry tree had been wrapped in lights for several years. Most of the light strands on it were dead too and the tree was starting to grow over some of the wires. So we completely stripped the tree and tested the lights to see if any of them could be saved. I helped as long as I could before I had to go get cleaned up for the Disaster Preparedness for Farm & Livestock that I was giving for the county conservation district. We managed to find enough of the old-fashioned glass C7 lights to get most of Mom's roofline done.
The class went well and I stopped to pick up a few replacement bulbs. When I got back to Mom's, the lights looked great. The big cherry tree wasn't lit, but it probably was pretty happy about that. We'll give it a year off before Mom finds more twinkle lights on sale that will have to go up next year.
Mom made meatloaf for supper and that evened the score for Hubby hanging the lights. (He really doesn't like the whole process.)
Now I'm going to grab a few minutes of mindless sofa time in front of the woodstove, and then hit the hay. I hope my toes warm up before I head for bed.
I'll check in again tomorrow AM.
Hugs, Cathy