PDA

View Full Version : Good Morning Sunday

janluna
October 24th, 2010, 09:24 AM
Good morning to you all. It is rainy and grey here today but it's supposed to clear up some later. Have a wonderful Sunday. I love sunday. It is a day to worship our Lord, a day to be with family and friends. It is a day to read the comics in the paper. And it's a day to rest. It is also a day of reflection and a day for planning the week to come. Wherever it takes you have a blessed Sunday. Love, Jan :icon_wave: :icon_hug:

janluna
October 24th, 2010, 09:36 AM
By the way, the wedding was beautiful. The bride and groom were perfect, the bride and her dress were both beautiful. It was lovely.
Speaking of weddings, isn't today the actual date for Blondie's anniversary? It doesn't matter. Happy Anniversary Blondie and LL. Love you both and I wish you many more.
Love, Jan :icon_kiss: :icon_hug: Hope you are feeling better.

sally
October 24th, 2010, 11:05 AM
Good morning. Looks like a rainy day here..( still dark but the dog came in wet). Nice restful day for us before the work week begins again.
Great big hug to everyone this blessed day!
Shauna

Blondie
October 24th, 2010, 11:11 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/gm/good20morning20friends-1.gif

Good Morning all my lovely ladies!
Thank you Jan for remembering my anniversary. I almost forgot it. Truly. I knew it was the 24th. But ever get days mixed up? Like is it Sat or Sun or the 1st or the 2nd? With both of us kinda under the weather with this snotty cold thing, we both just did realize it was our anniversary today. LOL. So, thanks for the reminder, kiddo. big giggles here.
I don't think we are going to do anything but console each other here today. Felt better yesterrday than today! What's up with that!

Glad that the wedding went off okay - guess hubs finally got his groove thing on so you made it on time? Like you, hubs never has to wait for me! I am minmal upkeep. Very little make up, throw something together kind of gal.

Laura, I had to think of you extra yesterday; my DD and her hubs took a drive up to Meadows of Dan and surrounding areas. Brought me back some Mountain Apple Butter.

Will be back after I finish reading the rest of the posts, dear ones.

Blessings to all for a glorious fall day

Laura108
October 24th, 2010, 11:58 AM
Happy Sunday All. :)
Blondie I am so glad your starting to perk up. Happy Anniversary to you and Larry :) How sweet they went and got you Mountain Apple Butter next time tell them to drive a bit farther get off on Fancy Gap or Pipers Gap and this New York transplant will be waiting :)
Jan I am so glad the wedding was wonderful. I hope you took pictures and someone took a pic of you that you post on here. You are too pretty to not put a name with a face :)
I took a class yesterday on Freezer Paper Appliquéd at a local quilt shop. It was ok I did learn how to do it..but I felt so out of place. The quilt shop sold Bernina machines and they are just wonderful and of course I showed up without one. I didn't know for one thing and second its all they sell around here I came home feeling out of place and a bit sad while that machine will do everything beautifully It's just not in the cards for me, Adjusting to disability finally hit me. Before I could splurge on something like that if I wanted too. Now I know I'm whining here and alot of self pity wollering but I truly hope no one feels like I did yesterday...the great side was I met a wonderful woman in her 70's who is going to adopt me and teach me quilting. We are swapping my canned good for quilting and hearts for friendship.:) and by the way...out of place or not...I am taking more classes at that store. I will fit in..or they can work around me....see as Im getting older ...Im also getting wiser and I may not be able to change the world but I can lace it with smiles and love. So...go me !! lol
Today I am having a give away at our home. I brought so much stuff ( a life time's worth ) with me to a much smaller home in Virginia. I have a few relatives who have fallen on hard times and I have too much so ...I've invited them to a Cana Style yardsale...its a bit unique because everything is free :) anything that is left is going to Goodwill. I cannot wait to see one of my cousin's since she loves to cook and Rodney and I are combining two kitchens so we will have gadgets galore.For her I did wrap a few things like a bread maker, a pasta maker, a convection oven, an entire set of Wilton Pans and tips and a deep fryer.
Jan I want to thank you for helping me so much ...Mom will be hollering from heaven today Im sure ...since she always thought ...He with the most toys wins. But I think I like me ...and who has it to give ...Should :)
I swear this forum is like self therapy I came on wanting to whine I couldn't afford a machine with all the bells and whistles and reread my post and thought ...hmm if I sold all that stuff I could afford it...then smiled...cause I like the free style yardsale better and I dont need that machine ...
Sewsoft I hope your doing ok and I am thinking of you today. I havent had a chance to read yesterdays to see how everyone is doing so I will pop back on ..later and check it out..
Big hugs and love and thank you girls for always making my day...I'm sorry if I ranted today
hugs and love
Laura

RockyMountainHorseMama
October 24th, 2010, 12:46 PM
Ah, Sunday, my favourite day of the week :D

Glad the wedding was so enjoyable for you Jan and Happy Anniversary Blondie, hope you and your hubby are well soon and can make up for not being able to celebrate today :icon_bigsmile:

Laura, I truly loved your rant :icon_hug: good for you!

Sally, my sentiments, exactly!

I'm off to enjoy brunch w/the family, my usual Sunday brunch and all made from scratch:D

Menu: Bacon, eggs, pancakes, my own apple butter, fried apples (yes, I made those, too lol!) cheese grits, coffee, juice.

Then outdoors to take pics of my saddle the I'm selling and a quilt top that I finished. I'll post pics of it when I'm done b/c I need suggestions. I'm thinking it needs a border coz I apparently have this hang up that nothing looks "finished" w/o a border even though the pattern doesn't suggest one :icon_crazy:

Have the best one yet, everyone! :icon_hug:

patticakes
October 24th, 2010, 01:24 PM
Morning! Sunny, warmer than yesterday and breezy here in the Chicago area. Have my balcony door open to let some fresh air in.
We had a great time at a 50th birthday party for Rick's cousin. That side of the family are Texas latinos so the food was delicious, the family love filled the air, and the music and dancing was just wonderful! I am sore today from dancing!
Rick is off to watch the Bears game at some friends house. I decided not to go so it will give me time to quilt on the one I just got sandwiched yesterday. Hopefully I can get it done and start on the binding. Also doing laundy and working a little more on cleaning the sewing corner and bookcases.
I love a day filled with quiet and sewing!
Hope everyone enjoys their Sunday!
Patti

craftyladysam
October 24th, 2010, 02:01 PM
Good Sunday morning,y'all. It's cool but sunny here today. Hubby still in bed, not feeling up to par.so it's quiet. Going to work on some hand work today while watching the race if I don't fall asleep.:lol::lol:
Got to finish up grandson's quilt and get started on other grandson's for Christmas. Want to make table runner for daughter-in-law. Can't decide which to make fall or Christmas. Got triangles for one and charms for the other. Got housework as always,right? See ya later,sweet potaters. Saundra

janluna
October 24th, 2010, 04:05 PM
Laura, Bernnia, shermina. As long as you got a stitch you can work with perfect! Your work is beautiful. The machine to do it with doesn't matter. It's just a tool. Your machine is just fine and you can make it do what you want it to, so that's what counts. My cheap Singer works just fine. My little Brother works just fine. They are doing the same straight stitch you are. So don't let their stuck up selves make you feel bad. Everyone wishes they could afford a fancy machine but what stitch do you usually do? a straight stitch. nuf said.
Love you very much.
No one took a picture of me, they didn't want to break their cameras. LOL I'll get my son to take one and post it. The next time he has off.
Blondie I'm so sorry you and your DH don't feel good. Get well darlin. Love you too.
Yes the wedding was beautiful. A great sit down dinner after with several choices and they were all good. Good music and dancing followed. It was wonderful. The kids really did a great job. And they did everything themselves. You would have thought it was all professional done. Rachel should be a wedding planner. She is very creative. And her mom made home made candy, pumpkin spice filling in dark chocolate. It was to die for. That women can cook. Rachel's mom did the shower and the food was wonderful. So you can imagine the stuff she made candy wise for the table pieces was perfect. Yum!!!
A great time was had by all.
Have a great Sunday and I love you all. :icon_hug:

pdjewelrylady
October 24th, 2010, 04:24 PM
Hi Saudra! hope he feels better later today and you both are able to get out and enjoy the beautiful day. I am going to call you later this evening - want to see those table runners! I bet they are wonderful :) Did you get the daily deal the other day was the Sweethearts charms again!! whoohoooo - looking forward to making a snowball top with mine YAY!:icon_tup:
Hi Laura - i agree with you about how sometimes when you go places and take a class, you come away with "that" feeling...... I SO WANT to get a new longarm, a Tin Lizzy, but not happening anytime soon......
Hi Jan, thanks for the fun notes ....you know i only have good thougths about ALL of my quilty ladies friends here and everywhere :)
Hi Lola - you are workin on so many things all at once......i'm sure they are all wonderful! :icon_cool:
Has anyone heard from Lissau? or Dragonfly?
Blondie - feel better and i know this was on another thread but i agree, bring product manufacturing bacl to the USA! and if I may add - shut down WallyWorld! Cheaper is not always better and has cost millions of american jobs. :icon_tape:
hey Gina, how is the reorganizing coming? Cathy yours is fabulous and Sewbee has such a nice view from here sewing table..... i dont think i will ever be that organized.... when ever i start i end up in the middle of a new quilt!!
Lynne sent me the directions for a Southern Comfort and that is i think my next biggie.
Christmas Stars are starting to arrive on my doorstep - I love it!! :icon_woohoo: Keep them coming swapper ladies........soon we will have beautiful christmas stars made with our msqc quilty friends :) Already have an idea for the next swap ....... watch for it and sign up early!! :D

toggpine
October 24th, 2010, 07:42 PM
:icon_angry:I HATE CUTTING TULLE!

pdjewelrylady
October 24th, 2010, 08:36 PM
well then why are you cutting it??? :icon_heh:

toggpine
October 25th, 2010, 12:21 AM
'Cause every good fairy HAS to have a tutu, and what are fairy tutus made of? Tulle.

I so forgot about this part of the pattern. Big note on the front of the envelope now.

Next year she is going as a ghost or a cardboard box.

Cathy

janluna
October 25th, 2010, 01:01 AM
Oh do I remember those days. Don't worry this too shall pass.