PDA

View Full Version : Thursday and I'm dragging my heels

Blondie
November 29th, 2012, 08:04 AM

It's Thursday, a day that I have been dreading since I returned from NY. Today will be a short day and then there's tomorrow. I always look at Thursday at my dry run for Fridays. Sis is going to be with me this morning to help decorate the little tree. I made a life sized Santa some years back and I am not sure if I will carry him over there or not. I usually go all out with the whole big decorating thing at the salon. But this year since I am alone in the salon, I am not sure if I feel like doing it.

I may have to carry Mom over to the dr's this afternoon. She's been suffering from a really painful stiff neck since she woke up Sunday morning. No fever. Just from being out in the cold damp wind for a funeral on Sunday. Plus, I think she pulled a muscle by hauling SIX WHEELBARROWS OF WOOD to use in her woodstove. I had a huge vent to post about yesterday but I accidently deleted it. Let's just say that my Daddy took over my body and mouth yesterday. As in What the heckfire shoot is the matter with you?
She doesn't need to use a wood stove, people. She has propane gas for heat that SHE insisted they install several years back. She can afford to fill the tank. She has issues with arthur visiting her regularly, can barely walk from bursitis and gout and STILL insists on keeping her house as hot as the first level of heckfire shoot.
Her pride knows no end. I stayed with her again last night to make sure she was okay. So when I dragged myself up the hill a while ago, let's just say, I didn't wake up too happy this morning. She only keeps decaf at her house. What is the purpose in that? As I walked in the door, my Luscious One had a hot cup for me. After a sip, I was able to say, I love you. I love my mother. Have a good day. After a second cup I was able to smile. And then I smiled again.
I will smile again once I've had a proper shower and wash my mean mouth out with soap.
Now it's your turn to SMILE.

Monique
November 29th, 2012, 09:02 AM
Blondie, you make me smile.

It is a winter wonderland here this morning. Everything is covered in white stuff. Looks pretty, but it won't last long. They are calling for rain on Sunday so it will wash it all away.

Yesterday I got a get well card sent off to Matt, Ruby's SIL. I had my endometrial biopsy done yesterday. That hurt. I guess he really wanted to get a good sample and he sure did at that. He apologized afterward. I had lunch with my MIL and took her shopping. I worked in the afternoon. By the time I got home and had supper it was bedtime.

Today I am going to try and get some sewing done. Wish me luck.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

buckeyequilter
November 29th, 2012, 09:09 AM
Good morning....

Well up and at 'em....well up anyways. Just got to work and getting ready to start my day. I didn't win the lottery (very seldom play but I did this week) so I had to come to work.

Tonight I'm going to make a couple more pillow covers just so I can change them out after Christmas. Those have to be the easiest pillow covers ever.

Blondie, I hope your mom's neck starts feeling better.
Monique, I am not looking forward to the snow - had a dusting the other day so I've seen enough for this season.

Have a wonderful day! Prayers and hugs to all.

MRoy
November 29th, 2012, 09:17 AM
Oh Blondie, your mom reminds me of my mom. She insisted on using a wood stove instead of her oil heat. According to her, she couldn't afford the oil. I told her my opinion about that too and I might as well have been talking to the wall. When they get their mind set we might as well hush!

I'm not looking forward to going to work today...I didn't sleep much last night due to restless, cramping legs and I'm draggy this morning. More caffeine please!!

nurrsey
November 29th, 2012, 09:28 AM
Good morning friends...I don't usually post in the am but can't sleep as usual. Yesterday was crazy in the clinic, today no clinic so a day to catch up on charting.

I sewed last night frantically making quilts for all the nieces and nephews for Christmas. I should have started earlier, but you know life gets in the way.

Everyone have a blessed day!!

CountryHut
November 29th, 2012, 09:48 AM
ssssssh -- hubby sleeping*~ . .

- OMG - it's chilly in the house this morning -- had to turn up the heat -- so I allowed my teets to point the way *yes, I said teets - not feets . . LOL*~ - all three babies got in their beds -- my little shadows love to be with their momma :) since they all have been groomed for the holidays -- po little babies are cold now - they love their blankies --

*tapping index finger on my lips*~ . . Hmmmmmmm what shall I do today .. well lets see . . I don't want to do wash, I don't want to vacuum, I don't want to dust . . just thinking about it all is exhausting . . LOL*~ . . however I have already gotten in 2 hours of surfing You Tube and I'm on the 2nd pot of coffee -- in my next life - I darn use don't wanna be a coffee bean picker *just sayin*~ . .

oh shucks the hubby is awake -- he must have heard me fingering my keyboard . . darn . . here come the morning chat session . .
I'm not ready for his 2000 daily words yet . . . thank goodness he goes back to work tomorrow -- don't know what I'm gonna do when he retires again . . *ugh*~ . .
now don't get me wrong . . my Charlie boy has been 27 + years of goodness *orange peel smiles*~
the man has more knowledge in his head than National Geographics . .
I've often wondered -- why he isn't bald yet -- I mean with all that stuff in that head - there shouldn't be any room for hair to grow . . *giggling*~ . .

OH WAIT!! . . I'm waaaay off the subject at hand . . aren't I? . . . . What will make me smile today . . *oh shoot the hubby chatting already*~ . . . I just might disconnect the TV late this afternoon so I don't have to listen to Thursday night football and give the hubby -- I don't know whatz wrong with the TV - while thinking to myself . . YaAAAAAAY! -
then he'll figure it out . . *OMG- he's still chatting*~ . . *smacking forehead*~
ok . .
I think I will actually un-cover my sewing machine and cleaning up my working area -- and get busy with some UFO's --
and look for those Army ear plugs and Hummmmmm my way into my sewing room . . .*OMG he's on the phone now*~ . .

*thinking -- how in the world could someone who just woke up have sooooo much to say*~

ya'll have a Stash bashing day :)

Diane :)

buckeyequilter
November 29th, 2012, 10:04 AM
OMG....LMAO. I know exactly what you mean about the chatting hubby.....I don't know how they can find so much to talk about EVERY day. I can't usually find that much to talk about in a week.

oh shucks the hubby is awake -- he must have heard me fingering my keyboard . . darn . . here come the morning chat session . .
I'm not ready for his 2000 daily words yet . . . thank goodness he goes back to work tomorrow -- don't know what I'm gonna do when he retires again . . *ugh*~ . .

Diane :)

Bubby
November 29th, 2012, 10:13 AM
Good Morning!

I was beyond excited when I heard someone in Missouri had a winning ticket...it sure wasn't us! DH went in with a big group of guys at work and they bought a mountain of tickets. They didn't even win a free ticket!!! So much for becoming independently wealthy!!!

I had a huge day yesterday and turned in early last night. I hope to get a little sewing done this morning. I still have a little more Christmas decorating to do...the kitchen. I put up a little tree in there every year with miniature kitchen/food related items on it. It's my little fun project every year. Some years I make garlands from Fruit Loops or Cheerios. I try to make it a little different every year.

Our weather should warm up toward the weekend. It really hasn't been too bad the last several days.

Monique, I hope your biopsy comes back good. It's always something, isn't it! I recently went through a bout with a serious infection that almost landed me in the hospital. It's under control now, but I've been dragging my rear for a few weeks.

Can you believe tomorrow is the last day of November!

Special prayers for Matt, Douwe and Mr/Mrs Daisy....Hugs all around, Barb

Lisaau
November 29th, 2012, 10:29 AM
what will make me smile today is for the neighbours in the unit next door to stop arguing at 12.28am so l can go back to bed and sleep..........NOW !!! where is my DAMMIT DOLL l need to bash something l went to bed coz l was actually tired and l was in pain but needed sleep and finally got comfy and was starting to nod off and they starting yelling!!!

MayinJerset
November 29th, 2012, 10:29 AM
Morning Gals, Blondie, hope you got your self in gear and made it to the salon OK, can't keep the gals waiting for their hairdos. Know what you mean about your mom but now that I'll pretty old I worry about doing things like that. Good thing that you wrote out your feelings and deleted it. That's an effective way to deal with stress or anger, a technique I learned when I was secretary to 7 psychology professors.

Today's a good day as our youngest DGD Josi turns 16! We celebrated with her the weekend before Thanksgiving when we went to MA to see her in her high school show, Legally Blonde, she had 4 roles plus chorus and dance group. We took her out to lunch and shopping where she picked out a new pair of boots - all the teen girls are wearing boots, high, low, plain, fringed, etc. We also celebrated the day after Thanksgiving with a cake and candles at family get together at DS#2's house, DS#1 and wife were also there so almost everyone in our family got to wish Josi Happy Birthday.

Things looking up on the home front as several problems I was ranting about last week have been taken care of although the gas range serviceman scheduled between 1 - 5 pm yesterday didn't make it, at 3 we received a call that he'll come on Friday. Really got me almost to the point of writing a rant and not deleting it but sending it to them, LOL! Glad I didn't waste the time waiting as I added new sparkly gold bows to outdoor wreaths, stained a little table for my DIL and created a big mess in the dining room. Will clean it up after I put Fall wall hanging and decorations away. Little by little I'm getting the house in the Christmas mode. Even have a few Christmas gifts bought, evergreen wreaths will be delivered next week to 4 oldest DGDs and their husbands, fiance and boyfriend as their main gift, to be followed by matching mugs, mug rugs and some homemade cookies. Range better get fixed ASAP as I need to make the cookies and get gifts in the mail as 2 DGDs live in California.

Coffee is finished and so am I for this morning, May

aliaslaceygreen
November 29th, 2012, 11:00 AM
Good morning! Missed you yesterday, but I was BUSY...got all the decorating done except the tree. Which is up and we will decorate tomorrow night when DD gets home from work. I like to have it up a few days to take the novelty off for the cats. By the time it's lit and decorated they should be over it. At least Gandolf will be, because after chewing a branch, testing the shade under it, he moved back onto HIS new couch!! Hasn't managed to move from it all night.

Close at work tonight. LATE night, cleaning up after not so neat shoppers, and then back early in the AM.... I really need to get a handle on the To Do list....I have so many things to sew and paint and and and...

Take care, all!

CrazyMtnLady
November 29th, 2012, 11:21 AM
32779 Waaaaaaaaaaaah. I live in Missouri but I didn't win the Power Ball! I did however have 3 numbers right on one game so I think for the first time ever I won a whopping $7.
Would be nice if one of our gang was one of the winners though.

Blondie: I can't believe your mom hauled all that wood. I did about 5 wheelbarrows full the other day and it absolutely tortured my back and hips. And I am ONLY 58! Tell that woman to STOP!!!!!!! I can run propane also, but for the price of it I only use it for my cooking stove. Rarely do I turn on the furnace unless I am out of wood.

Monique: I will say a prayer that your biopsy comes out with flying colors!

Have Century Link coming out this afternoon to see about getting us hooked up to DSL. It will be so nice to be able to do things so much faster than dial-up. One person at their company said the service isn't available out here yet and then a guy called and said it was...so we will find out this afternoon. That is one thing about the boonies....to far out for a lot of conveniences.

I plan on doing some Christmas decorating this weekend. Not much but a bit, just to add a bit of cheer around here.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Hugs and prayers to all.

Granny Judy
November 29th, 2012, 11:23 AM
Don't Faint or throw thangs at me!! I'm in my Winter mode and wanting to Hibernate. Can't seem to get anything accomplished since the energy level bottomed out this month. Life got in the way and I've been dealing with it.

I gave up on getting into the sewing closet to finish a wall hanging for Fall. It is just sitting there. Lucky if I get dressed .. I am just too comfy with wearing my Flannel PJ's all day. I do drop by just before I go to bed at night, to check up on all the happenings.

DD gave me a tripod for my camera!! The tremor in my hands prevented me from getting any good shots for my blog and albums here.. That problem really upset me for some reason. But now the problem is solved!

Hoping to get my energy back so I can play with my toys again.. Aging is not for Sissies.. "ya do what ya gotta do, when ya can do it." Hugs and prayers going out to all you beautiful peeps... ya know I loves ya!!

GrammaBabs
November 29th, 2012, 11:24 AM
Blondie.... we are so blessed to have you hear to help remind us what "Family" is all about... suffice to say we took care of our "Fantastic Four" like they were our children... when they get to that "stubborn" stage,,, it's the toughest!!!! I've told my kids to hang on,,, we are working on "softening" their DAD for his "time"...LOL

GrammaBabs
November 29th, 2012, 11:27 AM
Amen Judy... and this is the place to come,,, when "jammies and funky hair" are the uniform of the day... take the good days when they come... M* the day aways when they don't...LOL
Gotta go now... i hurt too bad to just sit here... time for a little "Naproxen".... hang in there GF... [:icon_wave:

QUOTE=Granny Judy;199422]Don't Faint or throw thangs at me!! I'm in my Winter mode and wanting to Hibernate. Can't seem to get anything accomplished since the energy level bottomed out this month. Life got in the way and I've been dealing with it.

I gave up on getting into the sewing closet to finish a wall hanging for Fall. It is just sitting there. Lucky if I get dressed .. I am just too comfy with wearing my Flannel PJ's all day. I do drop by just before I go to bed at night, to check up on all the happenings.

DD gave me a tripod for my camera!! The tremor in my hands prevented me from getting any good shots for my blog and albums here.. That problem really upset me for some reason. But now the problem is solved!

Hoping to get my energy back so I can play with my toys again.. Aging is not for Sissies.. "ya do what ya gotta do, when ya can do it." Hugs and prayers going out to all you beautiful peeps... ya know I loves ya!![/QUOTE]

GrammaBabs
November 29th, 2012, 11:30 AM
Amen Judy... and this is the place to come,,, when "jammies and funky hair" are the uniform of the day... take the good days when they come... M* the day aways when they don't...LOL
Gotta go now... i hurt too bad to just sit here... time for a little "Naproxen".... hang in there GF... [:icon_wave:

Sandy Navas
November 29th, 2012, 12:01 PM
I'll be gone for a while. Off to spend my bounty. First off a huge charity bonus and then to buy my own personal jet plane. It has been so nice knowing everyone here, but since I won the PowerBall lottery last night I can afford to pay someone to make quilts for me.

If you believe that then stand on your head, eat a handful of crackers and then whistle "Dixie" before you swallow.

Some one mention dragging? I got up this morning and feel as if a potato truck ran over me and dragged me down a winding path towards the lumber mill. What has happened? I think I feel my Granny Judy fever starting or something.

Today my little Rita Anne has convinced me that she needs a special day to sew presents for ALL her sisters. Immediately after being given the okay to spend the day with me she changed her mind and suggested maybe she'll just have me take her to a store so she can get 'store-bought' gifts. She did roll her eyes when she was told that wasn't going to happen.

Finished one table topper yesterday using the giant star made with HSTs (thanks to Natalie). Began to finish the snowman topper I'm making for my Li'l Sis - and decided to embroider snowflakes on them to 'quilt' it. Of course I needed to hoop them and the hoops won't lock so I wound up using clips but didn't have enough. Didn't notice that one of the snowflakes switched position midway so now I have to try to pick some mono-filament out of fleece . . . ugh!

Hope all my wonderful friends here are having a great day. And, those who haven't been here much, please know that you are being missed and even if you only peek in just drop a note to say "I'm fine," so we don't continue to bug you.

Prayers and hugs. You know where they need to be distributed.

Granny Judy
November 29th, 2012, 12:08 PM
Yeah, Let's declare this day for Flannel Pj's and funky hair!! I'm still in MINE..

Lonna
November 29th, 2012, 12:10 PM
Good Morning Ladies,

Sounds as if everyone is trying to stay warm this morning. It is cool here again this morning. It is getting harder and harder to handle the cool anymore. I have not taken my coat off at work in three days now. We really need to turn on this little heater but it has not been on since last winter and it is really going to stink when we turn it on. Really need to remember to turn it on one day when it is warm so I can leave the front door open to let this small office air out while it is burning off the dust. I work in a very small office it is only 10 x 20 but it is a metal building and it is cold in the winter and hot during the summer.

Last night I was able to get into my sewing room long enough to sew some tabs on my Christmas tree wall hanging. With any luck I will get it on the wall tonight. Last night Wayne was feeling bad so he went to be around 7:30 and I am going to need to get his help with hanging this up. I know he was back up around midnight and was up when I got up this morning. He did wake me up around four this morning with his coughing. It was a bad bout since I was in the bedroom with the door closed and could hear him in the living room. I am afraid that we are headed for some hard times now. He has been so strong for this past year but it is all begining to catch up with him. Chemo and radaition have done almost nothing to this tumor other then keeping in his lung. The tumor just keeps on growing and is really causing a lot of pain in his lung. I should really call and check on him but hate to wake him if he is resting.

Well Ladies what ever you do today have a great one.

GrammaBabs
November 29th, 2012, 12:59 PM
Good thoughts and prayers for Wayne... and for you Lonna to stay strong... try to stay warm...hugs, GB
Good Morning Ladies,

Sounds as if everyone is trying to stay warm this morning. It is cool here again this morning. It is getting harder and harder to handle the cool anymore. I have not taken my coat off at work in three days now. We really need to turn on this little heater but it has not been on since last winter and it is really going to stink when we turn it on. Really need to remember to turn it on one day when it is warm so I can leave the front door open to let this small office air out while it is burning off the dust. I work in a very small office it is only 10 x 20 but it is a metal building and it is cold in the winter and hot during the summer.

Last night I was able to get into my sewing room long enough to sew some tabs on my Christmas tree wall hanging. With any luck I will get it on the wall tonight. Last night Wayne was feeling bad so he went to be around 7:30 and I am going to need to get his help with hanging this up. I know he was back up around midnight and was up when I got up this morning. He did wake me up around four this morning with his coughing. It was a bad bout since I was in the bedroom with the door closed and could hear him in the living room. I am afraid that we are headed for some hard times now. He has been so strong for this past year but it is all begining to catch up with him. Chemo and radaition have done almost nothing to this tumor other then keeping in his lung. The tumor just keeps on growing and is really causing a lot of pain in his lung. I should really call and check on him but hate to wake him if he is resting.

Well Ladies what ever you do today have a great one.

shannonsaulter
November 29th, 2012, 01:57 PM
Good Morning!!_ its almost 9 am here on my 1 st cup of coffee and am in no way motivated to go to work I am so excited to get more Christmas decorations up in the yard just have to get DH to get up in the rafters. Well time to try and get motivated.

Tanya D
November 29th, 2012, 02:25 PM
It's 10:20am here...I've been at work since 8, just did payroll and thought I would take a quick little break and pop on here.

It's miserable out, -16C and snowing. I would much rather be snuggled up with my pup and my quilt with a cup of hot chocolate and working on my binding. As much as I enjoy hand stitching, it takes so long! I've got 2 layer cakes screaming to be turned into quilts and I am bound and determined to only have one project on the go at a time not to mention this quilt I am working on is for me and I want to get it done so I can enjoy it now that it's cold out.

It's almost Friday! My SIL just asked me to be her date for a concert on Saturday night...Jason McCoy is in town. I've never heard of the guy but I'm told he's a country boy. Country is not my favorite genre but I will go because it's a night out.

Enjoy your day everyone :)

toggpine
November 29th, 2012, 02:32 PM
Good morning from the soggy Northwest!
I am going to try to make a couple of batches of cookies today. The gingerbread needs some rest time, but the chocolate chip can be baked up right away. I'll do the rolling & cutting on the GB tomorrow and try a batch of spritz too. I want to slip some into my SS box.
I have some reading help to give at the school this morning and then Em's speech appointment late this afternoon, followed by a visit to Mom's.
Apparently, moms are giving us all fits the last few days. Mine found out she is going to need more back surgery in February. So she is laying on the guilt pretty heavily. She even had her sister call me to tell me I needed to bring Em over for more visits. Ummm. The only time I have refused to let her see her granddaughter was last weekend when Em was in the throes of this nasty cold. I kind of figured neither Mom nor Dad needed it with their other health problems. It is going to be like this for the next 6 months, at least.
Our mission tonight will be bringing down the stationary bike from Dad's room upstairs. (My brother who lives @ home hasn't been asked to do it, I'm sure.) While we are there, DH & I will take a look at her Christmas lights, since we have already been given a timeline for getting those up. I think I have my step-son lined up to help with the lights tomorrow afternoon. While the boys are outside, us girls will be stripping the house of Halloween/Fall and loading in Christmas. Six totes out for fall and about 15+ in for Christmas. Is it any wonder why I don't decorate much at my home?
I love my mother, I love my mother, I love my mother, I love my mother....
Yes, cookies it is for this morning after I go read with some first graders!
You all have a great day doing whatever it takes to get at least one smile!
Hugs, Cathy

cyndiofthevortex
November 29th, 2012, 03:01 PM
Oh dear oh dear oh dear. I have done nothing today so far except eat an exceptionally great grilled cheese sandwich served to me by DS#5 with chips and pepsi. How's that for the good life? Today is pillowcase making day and possibly starting on the dolls I'm making for my 4 DGDs. Ice cream scoop fabric on little travel sized pillows sound like great Christmas presents, don't they?

I have had so many of you in my thoughts lately, but especially Lonna and Wayne. Things are tough but Lonna is always cheerful and loving here. I appreciate you, Lonna!

And speaking of chatty husbands, I wonder if we got them all in a room who would get to speak? I love a quiet house in the morning and thankfully DH goes to work early. What he's got to say is always interesting to me but not first thing in the morning!

SuzyQue
November 29th, 2012, 03:14 PM
Finally got the serger going on my pace!!! I finished three pairs of sleep pants yesterday, in record time. I have only 6 more pairs to go! I will assembly line them as much as possible. My back was aching in the night, but it was all worth it. I feel great accomplishment, especially after hours of just re threading, checking, hassles!! Off to work!

lilmouse
November 29th, 2012, 03:26 PM
Hi Everyone, sounds like there are a bucketful of woes this morning, Lonna, my heart breaks for you, it is so hard to watch someone close to you suffer! You are in my thoughts and prayers, as is Wayne of course. Blondie, I am surprised to didn't say worse to your Mama, I would have raised the roof, wouldn't do any good but I would feel better, and there are days that I don't get dressed either, no where to go so why bother....am on my first cup of coffee, finished the handstitching on a COC quilt, just have to make up the binding,, bind it and wash and ship, finished another project quilt,, bound and ready to go, nine done and six to go, they are turning out pretty good, this one I am going to STD, we will see how that goes, haven't done any of that in almost a year! Trying to make each one look a little different with the quilting! Monique, good luck on your test results, hope it turns out to be a "Everything is fine, we didn't find anything". Hope everyone has a wonderful day today, Blondie, it is always hard to go back to work after a vacation...even if you love your job! Hugs and prayers and smiles for all today....time for me to get going...lots to do today!

janluna
November 29th, 2012, 03:44 PM
Good afternoon everyone, I'm fine! LOL Just busy. Prayers being said for Alison & Stewart, Lonna & Wayne, and of course for Matt. Have you heard from Ruby? How is everything doing with him? Monique, I had endometrious (sw) It caused me a lot of pain and suffering. I ended up with a hysterectomy at 25 years old. You are in my prayers. More prayers for all the others on our list of people to pray for. Hugs, and Love, Jan L.

Lisapc
November 29th, 2012, 03:56 PM
So I arrive at the dentist today for scaling and they won't touch me because I have a fever. I always have a fever (lupus) so I have to try again tomorrow. Then I ran some errands. Why do I feel guilty for buying Christmas presents? We can afford that. I only buy for my daughter, son, granddaughter, parents, dogs and hubby. Oh yeah, I buy son in law something as well. Hubby says nothing but I still feel guilty.

My car needed a new starter a couple weeks ago, 4 new tires yesterday and I hate it. The car is 9 yrs old, too small and I really hate it. I need 7 k worth of dental work because of a botched dental surgery 2 yrs ago so that means another year or so with a crappy car. My daughter is being laid off in a week. She has a 4 yr old and one due in February, who is going to hire miss preggo? Her hubby works but it isn't enough. Her Jeep is a never ending money sucker.

Enough whining. What made me laugh today? My neighbor accross the street was fighting with his plow when I was unloading my car earlier. I held up the two 3 foot long raw hide bones I got the dogs for Christmas. He went from growling at his truck to laughing. Then he said the joke was on me because they weren't big enough! Then hubby called and I told him how with the rewards certificate from AC Moore and coupons I walked out of that store with $30 worth of stuff for under $8. He giggled. He doesn't love me spending money but he loves me spending less than I want. Those things made me happy.

Madeforyouinma11
November 29th, 2012, 04:31 PM
Blondie, good luck with mom...they are stubborn sometimes. Monique, good thoughts and prayers that everything comes back good.
Diane.....your post still has me laughing! Thanks for that.
Lonna, sending prayers for you and Wayne. You are a strong woman with a wonderful spirit and that will get you through.
Well, my fingers are starting to heal. My left one is just sore but no more bandages. My right one still needs to stay bandaged, since I really should have had a stitch or two, and it is very tender still. My cold is almost gone..can't stop blowing my nose! Good lord where does it all come from? Hubby keeps asking me if I remember his name cause I'm blowing so much.

Anyway...fingers have not stopped me from sewing...just doing it a little slower. DD and I made the cutest gifts for a couple of young girls on our lists. I will post pics and a link a little later.
Today is going to be filled up with some decorating and of course sewing. I have many projects still for Christmas that need to get done.
Yesterday hubby and I did a little bit of winterizing by putting plastic in some of the windows and some insulation strips in others. Feels much better in here today. Still have a couple of windows to do but the important ones are done. I hate being cold but I hate turning the heat up more. Oil is soooo expensive!
Well, it's off to get things done. Laundry is ready to switch over, decorations waiting to be put up and my sewing room is calling for me.
I hope everyone has a wonderful day wether your working, sewing, shopping, or baking cookies! Lol. :) love and hugs to all!