PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday Wake Up Greetings

Blondie
November 28th, 2012, 07:44 AM

Well Good Morning Folksies! How in the heckfire shoot did it get to be Wednesday already? I am so not ready to return to work. Sigh. And more Sighs. I reckon I have gotten lazy in my golden olden age. Since I've been home from my trip, I've been busy trying to get caught up on house stuff, banking stuff (id related) and such. I did stitch a bit in the evenings by hand but not too much. I need to get in gear and finish cranking out the gifts.

Not much to say this morning. I think I need another cup or two to get the cobbies cleaned out. I can say that I am praying for each here, hoping that your issues, problems, whether large, small or seemingly insignificant to you or others - I trust that each will be worked out and resolved. Never give up hope.

SMILE!

bkthomas
November 28th, 2012, 07:51 AM
Ha! Love your notice!!! Can't say we haven't been warned!

Happy Wednesday to All!!!!

Time for me to go to bed!!!!

MayinJerset
November 28th, 2012, 07:59 AM
Morning, Yes, how did it get to be Wednesday? I'm not ready for another week to fly by. Thought I'd be finished by now making a little mattress and pillow set for a doll cradle that DIL Mary Jane bought for her niece Maggie but I haven't even started it. Also want to to finish Hurricane Sandy quilt I began last week. Thanksgiving and having DS#3 and kids here for a few days kept me from sewing and I'm eager to get back behine the machine again.

Hugs to all, May32740

Monique
November 28th, 2012, 08:31 AM
Good morning. I did not do a whole of lot of anything yesterday. I worked in the morning. Slept in the afternoon. This morning I am having a procedure done at the hospital. Just minor. I work this afternoon, so no sewing today that's for sure. Other than that, not much to report.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

quilter.martha
November 28th, 2012, 08:37 AM
Morning all. I guess I'm like many of us--I still have lots of gifts to finish up and the time is slipping away so quickly. My trouble is that I have to mail everything, so I really need to be finished by the 10th-12th. I've made some really lovely pillows and am now working on some small wall hangings. 2 to go and the one I'm working on to finish.

Work again today, but I enjoy working at my church. I feel like I am making a difference there somehow.

Have a great day everyone!

CountryHut
November 28th, 2012, 08:50 AM
- Gooooooooooooooooood Morning Fabric Stashers . .
one doggie groomed yesterday - another doggie to the groomer early this morning and 1st groomed doggie for a yearly vet visit
pick up 2nd doggie - drop off 3rd doggie - while the 2nd doggie at the vet for her yearly visit --- pheeeeeew - thank goodness the dog groomer and the vet are almost across the street from each other - process T-shirt orders - pack them for shipping and maybe JUST maybe I can uncover my sewing machine and finish up a few projects --- OH WAIT!!!!! . . the hubby is still home from work until Friday . . .*grrr*~ . . is it Friday yet? . . LOL*~ . . .
don't men know that wives that don't do mornings --
should hush and save their 2000 words until at least lunch time . . .*orange peel smiles*~. . .
ooooh just really kidding about the hubby - he is a good man -- very good, *wink*~ . . -- just has to much to say 1st thing in the morning -- if he's at home . . . LOL*~

well, off to dress up a few jars of Pumpkin Butter for the groomer and the Vet - harness up two doggies and try to get out the door within the next hour . . .

ya'll have a super, wonderful, great, and a stash bashing day :)

Diane :)

MRoy
November 28th, 2012, 09:21 AM
Good morning! It's a cold morning here but the forecast promises a warm up later this week. I've been busy with work and haven't done any sewing since the weekend. I cut strips and made bow-tie blocks over the Thanksgiving weekend. I have about 90 made and about 300 to go. No deadlines though, so it's all good. I got the light back on my sewing machine. I wish it was a little brighter, but it's sure better than no light at all! Hoping everyone has a happy day!

Bubby
November 28th, 2012, 09:32 AM
Morning Everyone,

I have a full day. Have to drive to Cuba to rent an apartment...the drive is 90 minutes. I'm not sure if Molly will go with me for the ride or not. She may want to stay home and sleep.

Myrna, I have a large bowtie quilt top that was my Mom's last before she passed. It's call 3-D Bowtie because the knot in the center is raised around the edges. Not sure how to quilt it. I may sew down the knots so it can go to the LAQer.

Blondie, it's awful going back the first day after vacation...you can do it, Girl!

Have to run for now....wishing everyone a great day! Barb

buckeyequilter
November 28th, 2012, 09:39 AM
Good morning....

It's cold her too but at least we have no snow to deal with.

Bought a card table last night to place at the end of my cutting table so I can keep the stuff on that because everytime I want to cut I have to move stuff. I have a set of drawers under the table for markers, extra rotarty cutters etc. but there are some things I want right where I can grab them. So I hope this helps keep the junk off my cutting table.

Tonight I need to work on my DD's quilt again. I made some pincushions that I need to sew buttons on...I might take those in the house so when I go in for the night I can finish them in there.

Well need to get to work...have a wonderful day! Prayers and hugs to all.

CrazyMtnLady
November 28th, 2012, 10:09 AM
Good morning everyone. Nice chilly morning here on Crazy Woman Mountain. But it is a glorious day. :)

DH and I took a nice leisurely road trip yesterday. We even took the dogs. TarButt is not use to traveling like Gator is so until she settles down it is a bit of a challenge. We took a route to his friends house that took us through Branson. The scenery was beautiful all the way there. We decided since it was going to be dark before we got home that we would just shoot north from his friends house and hit the major highway. Which took us to Springfield where we stopped and had a nice dinner at a Chinese Buffet. (don't tell but I took a piece a meat from my plate and took it to the dogs!) DH found a $5 under the table and handed it the waitress. Before we left she brought us our check and fortune cookies and a Chinese scroll type wall calendar for 2013. I haven't looked at it yet though. Might treat it like a Christmas gift and not open the box till Christmas. Once we got off the payment and hit the dirt road leading to our dirt road TarButt started whining and having a fit. THEN there were two cows in the road so that had BOTH of them barking and going berserk! I was so happy to reach the house and let them out of the truck!

DH has a gun show this weekend in Springfield (is it Friday yet?) I will be able to finally slow down and get some sewing done. But today and tomorrow will be getting his clothes ironed and packed and getting is stuff rounded up and back in it's tubs.

Have a great day!
Hugs and prayers to all.

Sandy Navas
November 28th, 2012, 10:18 AM
Wednesday? Already . . . someone stop the clock for a while so we can all get caught up. I've been out and about too much this week and today is no different. I just need time to sit and stitch. Did work on a Christmas table topper yesterday - making it for my DB & DSIL using Natalie's great idea for a huge star. Quilting it with a decorative stitch using metallic thread. Very pleased with it so far. Have the binding cut so should be able to get that on today (I hope!!)

Sure have been getting sleepy after my lunch for the past several days - and I know it isn't always turkey that is doing it. I don't know if it is the winter blahs or what. Fell asleep on the couch yesterday for a couple hours. And I sleep well at night . . . blood sugar is great . . . maybe it is just my time to relax.

DD having a heck of a time with the new pregnancy - severe nausea. Says the smell of anything cooking is making her sick. Maybe these are signs of a boy brewing in there. Sure hope it eases up real soon so I can get back to being a non-chauffeur for a while.

Bought my Power Ball tickets yesterday. My palm is still itching like crazy. Sure hope Mom's theory was correct. Maybe I will win and then I can sponsor a massive trip to M*QC for my on-line friends!

Till the drawing is over - I send wishes of good health, love in your life, peace and well-being for all.

Cathy F
November 28th, 2012, 10:23 AM
Morning all!

I made a quilt for my grandson, started it at the spur of the moment (hadn't really planned on starting it yet) it went together very quickly and was hoping the gal that I wanted to send it to for quilting might be available to do it before Christmas and I would give it to him then. I was very pleased when I received an e-mail from her saying if I sent it right out to her she could get it done and back to me in time for Christmas. :):) I wrapped it right up and ran to the post office with it!

Today I'm planning to spend some time up in the sewing room, have a few gifts to work on and want to embroider some Christmas kitchen towels for myself.

Hope evryone has a good day, hugs and blessing to all that need a few extra today-

meemeecyn
November 28th, 2012, 10:25 AM
We are such busy little beavers, aren't we? It is so nice to get caught up on our lives and share plans about the day and hope to get to our favorite hobby!

Hosting Book Club tonight, so just finished 'swiffing' the floors. Can't let those dust bunnies give me away! hehe We have a vegetarian member so am making an egg-rice casserole with salads and for dessert Indian Pudding with vanilla ice cream (my Mom's recipe, and the book took place around the time Mom was born.....so figured I could honor her at the same time!)

Good luck with your procedure, Monique. Barb, that is so wonderful you are working on your Mom's quilt....how exciting!

Have a good day everyone.
Cynthia

Grace38
November 28th, 2012, 10:33 AM
Good morning everyone

My friend and I are going fabric shopping to Lancaster, Pa. She want to buy fabric for me to make pillowcases for her grandkids.
I have been busy sewing for the craft show that I will be doing next week. I hope I make out well. It is at a country club. The garden club raises money for two universities. Will let you know how I make out.

Have a good day.

Grace

cyndiofthevortex
November 28th, 2012, 10:42 AM
Hi everyone! Today I have a quilting friend coming over for the day to quilt, which is such a treat for me. It doesn't happen often enough for me, I'll tell you that. I wish you all could drop in (by twos and threes, please) for a day of sewing with me. What a time we would have! My pal works at a special deli in the next down over where they make all kinds of wild sandwiches and soups and she is cooking lunch today - can't wait to see what she has in store for me! I may have mentioned it before, but I LOVE when someone else cooks for me. Who doesn't, I guess! Now if I could just find a friend who likes to clean other people's houses...

Lonna
November 28th, 2012, 12:35 PM
Good Morning Ladies

It is a cool morning here today but at least the sun is shining and we have blue skys. Not much going on in my little world right now kind of quite which is ok as for some reason I have been a little blue this week. Don't really know why but just don't really have much engery right now. I guess I am like an old lizard it is cool and I don't want to move just want to sit in the sunshine and try to warm up. So thankful that I no longer live up north I just don't think I could handle those cold snowy winters now use to love them in my youth. But after 30 years in the south my blood is just too thin (which is the only thin thing on me) for that cold weather. Looking forward to the weekend so I can get back into my sewing room just no time during the week. Have a great day all.

auntiemern
November 28th, 2012, 02:40 PM
Good day all. Glad to see that for the most part everyone is feeling and doing well. Of course with all that has been going on this past couple weeks I have gotten very little done. Did manage Monday to get some of my wrapping done. In that I am ahead of the game. Tried to do a little cyber Monday shopping, but seemed like everything I was interested in for the GK's was 'out of stock on line'. Got sister's tree skirt done, forgot to take pics, but have enough fabric left to make her runner and place mats to match. Then I NEED to get on DGK's quilts for Christmas. All I can say about that, is it is a good thing I took the leap to machine quilting. Need to get busy, so hugs and blessings to all and prayers for those in need.

toggpine
November 28th, 2012, 03:00 PM
Hi Everybody!

It's late start day for the kids and the bus was running late with a substitute driver. Whee!

It sounds as if everybody has their day well planned out and we are all pretty busy!

I am headed into town to check out a potential job with the school district. They are hiring "Lunch Ladies". Not really my dream job, but it would obviously work with Em's school schedule and ease the budget around here a bit. They say no experience is necessary, which is kind of scary. I am hoping that all of my years of cooking will help. I suppose I will have to go get my food handler's card though. Wish me luck!

Have a great day!
Hugs, Cathy

shannonsaulter
November 28th, 2012, 03:00 PM
Good Morning its my Monday and the start to 6 days working..Blah but whats a girl to do..I got alot done on my 2 days off..got the table runner all done and now the baby blankie just has to be sandwiched and sewn together..not sure when but its there taunting me...
Hope everyone had a great day!!!

Koda
November 28th, 2012, 04:21 PM
It's 2pm and a great time to finally have some lunch. Lunch consists of tea and a donut that I must apparently share with my Siamese cat.

I have a lot of design work to do but simply can't get my head in the game today. It's so grey here, snow on the trees and gusts of wind that make the tree branches sound like a choir outside my door. Spent the last little bit looking over some of the Show and Tell - there are some very talented people in this group. Isn't wonderful how inspiring the forum is? I really do enjoy looking at the large variety of projects. Thanks to everyone who posts photos - especially nice on days like today when work is something I am avoiding. LOL.

Namaste,
Koda

toggpine
November 28th, 2012, 06:25 PM
That went well!
The ladies in the School Food Services office were so pleasant! I have the application and will bring it back Friday AM. They will have the link for me to fill out the online questionaire then. Once all of that is processed, I'll have an interview with the head guy and we'll go from there. They hire you on as a substitute and then when a permanent opening comes up you can apply for it.
I have my state patrol background check already done, my first aid & CPR (Adult, Child & Infant) w/AED cards are current, and that just leaves the county food handlers card. I can get that online in about an hour for $10. Whoo Hoo! I think she said that the starting wage is $9.25/hr. Not bad for the kind of flexibility that this job will give me!

I'm off to help with the first grade math lab for an hour or so, then I'll head home to finish off the pot of chili and get some sewing done!

You all have a great rest of your day!

lilmouse
November 28th, 2012, 06:49 PM
Hello Everyone, barely got a cup of coffee in me before I was out the door for a client...I only have one now.....I clean her apartment every two weeks for her...she is a retired widow...used to be a ministers' wife, and 94 years old or should I say young...she still can drive but only during daylight and good weather (her words, not mine). Very articulate and has her wits about her but low on energy these days...I just adore her! Then I had a visit with my older sister and went to a BDay party for a 90th Birthday for another friend of mine who is slowly failing...how she made it this long is beyond me....I used to be one of her caregivers before I had to give it up and we became friends.....she only has about 10% of her heart working so she can't have any kind of surgery and she has been in and out of the hospital over the years several times....she rallies and life goes on! It was good to see her though and she loved my homemade gifts...as I knew she would...I have made her several quilts, repaired a quilt for her (not one of mine) and a lap quilt that no one is allowed to use.......it was a panel of cardinals (she loves them) that I just echoed all the birds on. She has it draped across the back of a chair....on display...for years now! She is too funny! Just got home and had to hop on the computer to see what everyone else is doing....the rest of my day will be sew, sew, sew! Love and hugs to all, good luck Monique with the minor procedure..hope all goes smooth and painless!

Madeforyouinma11
November 29th, 2012, 04:14 AM
Wednesday? Already . . . someone stop the clock for a while so we can all get caught up. I've been out and about too much this week and today is no different. I just need time to sit and stitch. Did work on a Christmas table topper yesterday - making it for my DB & DSIL using Natalie's great idea for a huge star. Quilting it with a decorative stitch using metallic thread. Very pleased with it so far. Have the binding cut so should be able to get that on today (I hope!!)

Sure have been getting sleepy after my lunch for the past several days - and I know it isn't always turkey that is doing it. I don't know if it is the winter blahs or what. Fell asleep on the couch yesterday for a couple hours. And I sleep well at night . . . blood sugar is great . . . maybe it is just my time to relax.

DD having a heck of a time with the new pregnancy - severe nausea. Says the smell of anything cooking is making her sick. Maybe these are signs of a boy brewing in there. Sure hope it eases up real soon so I can get back to being a non-chauffeur for a while.

Bought my Power Ball tickets yesterday. My palm is still itching like crazy. Sure hope Mom's theory was correct. Maybe I will win and then I can sponsor a massive trip to M*QC for my on-line friends!

Till the drawing is over - I send wishes of good health, love in your life, peace and well-being for all.

Hey Sandy! When is she due? My daughter is due June 9. She had the severe nausea too...no vomiting which was good. She is over that now but still cannot cook. She can't handle the raw meat. She also has the heightened sense of smell so certain things bother her. She is now at the stage where she is eating everything in sight! Lol hoping to find out New Years Eve the sex of the baby. That will be the earliest we could find out so might not be able to. I'm hoping for a girl but as long as its healthy it doesn't matter.
Hope your daughter feels better soon!

Blondie
November 29th, 2012, 08:41 AM
Susie, she sounds a lot like my 97 y.o. Ms. Martin. And my precious second daddy, Russell. These folks make my week special. I don't like to think of how I would be without them.
God bless you!

Hello Everyone, barely got a cup of coffee in me before I was out the door for a client...I only have one now.....I clean her apartment every two weeks for her...she is a retired widow...used to be a ministers' wife, and 94 years old or should I say young...she still can drive but only during daylight and good weather (her words, not mine). Very articulate and has her wits about her but low on energy these days...I just adore her! Then I had a visit with my older sister and went to a BDay party for a 90th Birthday for another friend of mine who is slowly failing...how she made it this long is beyond me....I used to be one of her caregivers before I had to give it up and we became friends.....she only has about 10% of her heart working so she can't have any kind of surgery and she has been in and out of the hospital over the years several times....she rallies and life goes on! It was good to see her though and she loved my homemade gifts...as I knew she would...I have made her several quilts, repaired a quilt for her (not one of mine) and a lap quilt that no one is allowed to use.......it was a panel of cardinals (she loves them) that I just echoed all the birds on. She has it draped across the back of a chair....on display...for years now! She is too funny! Just got home and had to hop on the computer to see what everyone else is doing....the rest of my day will be sew, sew, sew! Love and hugs to all, good luck Monique with the minor procedure..hope all goes smooth and painless!

Quiltlover
November 29th, 2012, 10:23 AM
I've mentioned before that my mom is 97 and still able to live at home, with assistance. She still makes plans for the future years and bosses us all around. LOL That generation is tough!! They may outlast us!

Brenda