PDA

View Full Version : Managed to get some catching up done

Divine Daisy
November 27th, 2012, 07:50 PM
The past week has been non stop for me but I have managed to get more up to date with things. Visited Mother in Law so she could see Mr Daisy was not a figment of my imagination and had survived his treatments. While we were there some old friends came round to dinner so that I could pass over a huge pile of fabric I had got him for his pantomime in a sale at Bombay Stores. He was so thrilled with it all and trotted off after the meal to 'make my shears fly and get all creative n sh*t'. We just smiled at him and watched him skip down the drive like a giddy girl lol. His partner just rolled his eyes and followed him quietly, throwing me a 'gee thanks for that' kind of look over his shoulder. I also put together a Sleeping Beauty costume for MIL and cleared her gutters of leaves while she and Mr D made me coffee.

I did the Christmas Chicken window for my friend's shop window and am pleased with it. Took a very bad photo on my phone which just showed reflection and nothing in the window, so Mr D is going over to take a proper one for me this week. I so was exhausted after climbing in and out of that window and walking round the front on the shop a gazzilion times to see if thing were centered. I got home and went to bed lol.

I have a filigree Christmas Tree wall hanging almost finished, is a lot of detailed applique stitching and then must be quilted. After that I have 2 Christmas Stockings to do and 3 aprons and then I am ready for Christmas.

Seamus is still overgrooming from anxiety. We are trying to convince him that we are going to stay put for a while and there is no need to be so worried. Meantime he is still wearing his TShirts and is not thilled, despite my MIL buying him some with this name on lol. Archie, our three legged Maine Coon is hopping around loving life as always, growing a magnificent winter coat while our old man Boris is being grumpy and awkward as per. So as you can see life is slowly returning to normal and long may it last!

K. McEuen
November 27th, 2012, 08:04 PM
I would say now you can rest, but you seem to have a fairly busy line up of things to do before the holidays. It does sound like things are getting back to "normal" whatever that might be.

pcbatiks
November 27th, 2012, 08:10 PM
So as you can see life is slowly returning to normal and long may it last!

So glad to hear this......"normal" is a wonderful thing after all you both have been through and yes, long may it last!!
Wishing you and Mr D a wonderful Christmas holiday!

Gayle8675309
November 27th, 2012, 08:20 PM
So happy to hear that things are settling down for you.

Gayle

Monique
November 27th, 2012, 08:57 PM
It is good to hear from you. I don't know how you do all that you do. Will you ever slow down a little and get some rest? Hugs and kisses to you both.

Jean Sewing Machine
November 27th, 2012, 09:19 PM
I can't wait to see the window pictures. Glad you got to visit MIL and the kitties are status quo. How is your mom doing? Tell Stewart hello. I'm sure you can fatten him up over the next month. And you are ready for Christmas aND I havenot one thing done yet. Happy December!

Sandy Navas
November 27th, 2012, 11:02 PM
It is always so wonderful to have an update from your corner of the world. Cleaning gutters? You must truly L O V E your MIL. After all, she did give Stewart to you. You didn't say how he's doing though, so hope he weathered the trip, makes good coffee, is feeling better, and has started to grow fuzz on top of his head.

Much love to both of you and special hugs to those cantankerous kitties of yours.

Madeforyouinma11
November 27th, 2012, 11:12 PM
Oh Daisy! I was thinking of you today hoping all was going well, and it's good to hear that it is. It's nice that you are getting back to normal and into regular routines. You didn't say, but I'm going to assume that Mr. D is doing well since he will be going out to take a pic of your window. Can't wait to see it! Hope this means you'll be here more often! :)

lilmouse
November 28th, 2012, 12:30 AM
So glad to hear from you...wondering how everything went....do you know the meaning of the words..."slow down"...I don't think so! LOL As long as you are happy that is all that matters...hope Seamus will eventually realize that you are both home now and things will get back to normal so he can skip wearing that "darn" TShirt! Sending love and hugs to both of you..(not Seamus)

Winniesfriend
November 28th, 2012, 12:35 AM
Nice to have you around again, cleaning gutters .... no way... I hate ladders but good on you for hellping out your MIL, I am looking forward to the photos of the shop window.

auntiemern
November 28th, 2012, 12:42 AM
OK GF. It is time for you to take a much needed break, even if just for a day or 2. So glad to hear Mr. D and his mother got to visit. Sorry to hear poor Seamus is still unhappy. Hugs and Blessings to you and Mr.D. Still praying for full recovery.