PDA

View Full Version : New age technology?????

MayinJerset
November 27th, 2012, 03:07 PM
Oven not working so I called Sears several times for service and had to keep waiting and waitin to talk to a representative. While waiting their promo said I could go to searshomeservices.com to schedule an appointment. Did that and after several questions and screens it told me to call them! Huh? Gave calling one more try and got lucky with only a few mintues wait and service man coming tomorrow afternoon.

K. McEuen
November 27th, 2012, 03:43 PM
May, I was wondering ... all the problems that you are having with the house now, heater, stove, electrical stuff ... could it be some fallout from Sandy? Maybe you guys had a small leak in the roof or something and some water got in and did some damage to your wiring?

buckeyequilter
November 27th, 2012, 03:53 PM
I was reading her posts and was thinking that may be what happend.

MayinJerset
November 27th, 2012, 04:02 PM
Thought crossed our minds too but as much as I'd like to blame Sandy some problems happend before Sandy, oven hadn't been baking like it used to for a month or so, washing machine backflow happens once a year but usually one snaking by DH clears it. No heat in den/tv room is partially Sandy's fault as the high winds blew out the gas heaters pilot light but DH broke the pilot light connection while trying to relight it - heater is about 25 years old and part just rusted out. Rest of the house is nice and warm as it's on our central heating system, den/tv is basically an old porch that we closed in so it has a separate heater.

Funny thing for the past year we've had a leak in the dining room ceiling, water leaks in around the ceiling light fixture. DH and Contractor have been up on the roof many times but can't find where in the roof the water in coming in. Well Sandy rained a heap here and not a single drop came through the roof or dining room. Thank God for small favors. We decided to have the whole section over the dining room reroofed but before contractor could get to it Sandy arrived and now he's extremly busy rebuilding houses wrecked by Sandy.

You know appliances break, leaks happens, etc. but all at once seems is a bit much. House is almost 53 years old and we've kept everything up, even replaced both bathrooms and kitchen - but electrical problem caused us to think maybe we need some new lines. Kitchen was made for a refrig and a toaster, not micro waves, coffee makers, ice makers. Other rooms are loaded with washers,dryers, hair dryers, computers, and electrical gizmos so it's no wonder a breaker popped. We will have an electrian check everything out for us because that was the scariest problem.

Divine Daisy
November 27th, 2012, 07:26 PM
We had a period of every large appliance going one after another. Started with the fridge, then the dishwasher, the washing machine, the oven and the hot plate. cost us a fortune and we were not happy. Every single thing was coming up to 10 years old and proved our long held theory that electricals in the UK are made to last 10 years. If I were totally paranoid I would say they put a chip in to kaput at a certain age.

Our house is 400 years old, the roof and roof timbers are origonal. The oak in the loft is like half trees lol.............huge!

auntiemern
November 28th, 2012, 02:02 AM
We had to have our whole house rewired a few years back. Still had fuses, and electrical fire started in fuse box. Had the entire house re wired and new much bigger breaker box put in, and upgrade our amperage to handle on the new and future electrical gizmo's. Things just start to happen when houses start getting older. As we age, so does our stuff, lol.

Sears Cares
November 30th, 2012, 10:24 PM
Dear Mayinjerset,

Please accept our sincere apologies for having to wait to speak with a service representative to set up a service appointment for your oven. I certainly understand how frustrating it can be to wait for someone to help you then have the promotional script come on and tell you to go to our searshomeservices.com website to set up service and not be able to set up the service you need from our website without speaking with a representative. After speaking with our service representative you were able to set up service for your oven. We want you to know that this is not the type of service that you deserve or the type of service that Sears has long been known for. If you are still having difficulty with your oven after our service technician comes to your home, we would like to speak with you regarding this issue and offer our assistance to help resolve your situation.

At your convenience please contact our office via email at SMAdvisor@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the oven was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your screen name (Mayinjerset) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Thank you,

Susan R.
Social Media Moderator
Sears Social Media Support

auntiemern
November 30th, 2012, 11:01 PM
Ok this is just to odd, lol
Dear Mayinjerset,

Please accept our sincere apologies for having to wait to speak with a service representative to set up a service appointment for your oven. I certainly understand how frustrating it can be to wait for someone to help you then have the promotional script come on and tell you to go to our searshomeservices.com website to set up service and not be able to set up the service you need from our website without speaking with a representative. After speaking with our service representative you were able to set up service for your oven. We want you to know that this is not the type of service that you deserve or the type of service that Sears has long been known for. If you are still having difficulty with your oven after our service technician comes to your home, we would like to speak with you regarding this issue and offer our assistance to help resolve your situation.

At your convenience please contact our office via email at SMAdvisor@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the oven was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your screen name (Mayinjerset) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Thank you,

Susan R.
Social Media Moderator
Sears Social Media Support

MayinJerset
December 1st, 2012, 04:06 AM
Thank you Susan, the problem has been resolved. Turned out their computer system went down at local store and they couldn't meet their schedule. Servicegal came today as promised, did a excellent job of finding the problem, installing a replacement ignition and checking to make sure it worked properly. Also glad we had extended service contract as there was no cost to us and servicegal, Donna, reminded us that we should take advantage of the annual maintenance provided by the contract. All in all I feel that whatever inconvenience I had scheduling a servcie call was completely overridden by such excellent service. Also turned out she lived in my town, knew some of my friends and we like the same Pizza shop. Thanks again Susan for showing that Sears cares. May

Monique
December 1st, 2012, 09:12 AM
I am glad that problem got solved May.

MayinJerset
December 1st, 2012, 01:42 PM
Thanks Monique. Almost all of the big problems I had been complaining about are fixed. What a relief to be back to normal with only one big problem or concern on my mind. Forum and pals here help keep things in perspective, gives me a good outlet to rant and get things off my chest so I can begin to solve the problem.

K. McEuen
December 1st, 2012, 03:18 PM
Ok this is just to odd, lol

No kidding. Imagine having the job of trolling social media websites to see who said something about the company you worked for. I could get into way too much trouble if that was what I did.

meemeecyn
December 1st, 2012, 07:35 PM
Phew! In this age of current technology there is no limit at what can be accomplished! (even when one is as electronically challenged as I am.....dinosaur much???? hehe)