PDA

View Full Version : Do You Ever?

RachelMichelle
November 26th, 2012, 11:32 PM
Do you ever just log onto the computer and drool over fabric you want when you can't be sewing? I feel like I am being tortured! I had a plan to get a lot of sewing done tonight but the furnace went out at my dads house(my main home) so my younger brother and I are staying at our moms house since it feels like its 29 degrees and dads house hasnt had any heat since at least yesterday morning. So no sewing for me, just lots of looking at blogs and fabric, and of course the forum! And sadly I get to listen to my brother and boyfriend talk about the video game they are both playing in separate rooms! Silly boys..

pcbatiks
November 27th, 2012, 12:34 AM
Just use that Drooling Time to look for more ideas to put on your to do list! :D

RachelMichelle
November 27th, 2012, 12:47 AM
Oh I do that too, my list is so long as it is!

shannonsaulter
November 27th, 2012, 01:54 AM
I do it all the time book mark ones I like so I can go back and see them again...

Winniesfriend
November 27th, 2012, 02:10 AM
LOL I do a lot of that, I have an injured shoulder at the moment so I can only sew for short periods so I sew then have a rest, check out M*QC forums and check out material, blogs, tutorials etc. then I go and sew some more.

Lisapc
November 27th, 2012, 02:50 AM
I don't mind the looking but when I am buying too much and not sewing it becomes a problem. I have ordered soooo much in the past few weeks it is almost like I am avoiding the back ache I am sure to get when I get lost in my sewing. I am sewing daily but not enough.

Evilynn
November 27th, 2012, 03:01 AM
I do that too. I did order so much fabrics this month that I will be probably busy the whole December. My fiance has the whole December and January off because they worked basically double shifts the whole summer and fall plus the saturdays (he made between 60 and sometimes even 80 hours per week!!!!!!!!! crazy story) and now he must take the time off due to local working laws. That means also less stress for me although we will move out from our flat in December into a house that we could rent. After that's settled I will have more time for sewing and less time for drooling :D

dwil23
November 27th, 2012, 04:03 AM
I've always said if I spent half as much time sewing as I do thinking about it, I would have made lots of things over the years. I used to think about sewing clothes and other crafts. Now, just quilts. I have spent considerable time the past week or so drooling and ordering fabric online. My Christmas present to me. It is all starting to be delivered - to my friends house. Just don't need to hear the griping from the other people that live at my house. What? more fabric? When are you going to use what you've already got? They just. don't. understand.

bkthomas
November 27th, 2012, 05:24 AM
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sandy Navas
November 27th, 2012, 10:30 AM
Do you ever just log onto the computer and drool over fabric you want when you can't be sewing? I feel like I am being tortured! I had a plan to get a lot of sewing done tonight but the furnace went out at my dads house(my main home) so my younger brother and I are staying at our moms house since it feels like its 29 degrees and dads house hasnt had any heat since at least yesterday morning. So no sewing for me, just lots of looking at blogs and fabric, and of course the forum! And sadly I get to listen to my brother and boyfriend talk about the video game they are both playing in separate rooms! Silly boys..

Drooling? Why do you think I had to have windshield wipers installed on my computer screen?

SallyO'Sews
November 27th, 2012, 10:41 AM
All. the. time. But, as the old song goes: I owe, I owe, it's off to work I go! ;)

RachelMichelle
November 28th, 2012, 03:07 AM
Hahah, Sandy you are too funny! Im glad to know im not the only one!
We all have the same "problem" so much fabric and not enough time in the day to sew it all.