PDA

View Full Version : Baby, baby, baby!!

Madeforyouinma11
November 26th, 2012, 02:11 PM
My daughter is having a baby! We are so excited!

This will be my second grandchild. It will feel like my first because I don't get to see my grandson. My son lives in Florida and is not with my grandsons mom. She lives here and does not let me see him. She goes through spurts of letting me see him and then one day she just stops answering my calls and stops all communication. She has done this a few times now and just when we start to get aquainted again, she stops. I really cannot do that anymore, it is too heartbreaking.

Soooooo, my daughter is due June 9, 2013 and I can't wait. I will be able to see this one whenever I want, and spoil him/her as much as I want. Hoping to find out the sex of the baby on New Years Eve! Then the sewing will begin!
::icon_woohoo::icon_woohoo::icon_woohoo:

Koda
November 26th, 2012, 02:56 PM
Aw... sorry to hear about your first grandchild but at the same time, I can "hear" the excitment in your words.

I bet you will have all sorts of cool stuff made for the baby, and smile while making it all.
Congrats.

Namaste,
Koda

HandsOffItsMine
November 26th, 2012, 03:20 PM
Congrats on the new grandchild! A new life is wonderful. Let us know what it will be in Dec. :D

MayinJerset
November 26th, 2012, 03:30 PM
Thanks for sharing your Happy News that your DD is expecting a baby! Hope you'll have more happy news when your grandson's mother gets friendly again. Usually it's when they want something but seeing your grandson might be worth it.

Jean Sewing Machine
November 26th, 2012, 04:05 PM
Congratulations! Get ready to spoil this one. I have the same situation with my great granddaughter. We got to see very little of her during her first year. She's three now and more a regular part of the family now.

shannonsaulter
November 26th, 2012, 04:06 PM
Congrats you got those 1000 quilter cash pooints just in time...You are gonna have fun..No grandkids here yet as my daughters are 19&16 but I think of the day I get the news and how I will spoil those kids...Keep us posted!

aliaslaceygreen
November 26th, 2012, 04:12 PM
CONGRATS to you!

pcbatiks
November 26th, 2012, 04:25 PM
Yeah for you Cil..........congratulations.........I see baby blankets in the works!

auntiemern
November 26th, 2012, 05:06 PM
Congrats on the new grand baby. Sorry that you don't get to see the other one. I don't know what I would do if not for my grand children being close to me, and seeing them almost every day. You are gonna have a blast spoiling this one.

Patrice
November 26th, 2012, 05:14 PM
So happy for you. They are a treasure

lilmouse
November 27th, 2012, 02:38 AM
Very happy for you! I see lots of baby sewing in your future...glad you will be able to enjoy this grandchild!

Lisapc
November 27th, 2012, 02:43 AM
Congrats! I have a 4 yr old granddaughter (Kora Mae) and am expecting my second granddaughter to be named Lily Anna in February. I have decided no sewing for her until after the holidays. My 8 yr old son and granddaughter have me booked with projects for Christmas.

There is nothing better than a grandchild you get to spoil and love. Not too long ago I told my mother that I was surprised that I loved Kora as much as my Peter and Brenna and she told me that she loves her grandchildren more than she did her own kids because they are all about enjoyment. Someone else has to raise them. I don't love my granddaughter more than my daughter or son but I do love her just as much. She does have her Papa wrapped around her little finger like her mother did and more!

Winniesfriend
November 27th, 2012, 02:56 AM
Congratulations, that is wonderful news, I love having a grandchild to spoil.

dwil23
November 27th, 2012, 03:44 AM
Congrats! and if he/she comes on June 7th, say, that would be nice!

Sew Perfect
November 27th, 2012, 04:06 AM
I am sorry your ex-daughter in-law has to be so mean.

On the flip side, congratulations! Time to make a quilt for her and a quilt for the baby!

Bubby
November 27th, 2012, 05:35 AM
Congratulations on the good news! It's so sad about your first grandchild. Hugs, Barb

bkthomas
November 27th, 2012, 05:36 AM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

Blondie
November 27th, 2012, 08:00 AM
Cil, I am positively thrilled for you! YAYS! And more YAYS! June is a good time to deliver - no real hot weather yet. Whew!
How happy to share in your joy!
Blondie

My daughter is having a baby! We are so excited!

This will be my second grandchild. It will feel like my first because I don't get to see my grandson. My son lives in Florida and is not with my grandsons mom. She lives here and does not let me see him. She goes through spurts of letting me see him and then one day she just stops answering my calls and stops all communication. She has done this a few times now and just when we start to get aquainted again, she stops. I really cannot do that anymore, it is too heartbreaking.

Soooooo, my daughter is due June 9, 2013 and I can't wait. I will be able to see this one whenever I want, and spoil him/her as much as I want. Hoping to find out the sex of the baby on New Years Eve! Then the sewing will begin!
::icon_woohoo::icon_woohoo::icon_woohoo:

Bailey65
November 27th, 2012, 08:34 AM
Congratulations! Being a Grandmother is so much fun.

MRoy
November 27th, 2012, 08:44 AM
Congratulations Cil!

nana margaret
November 27th, 2012, 09:18 AM
So happy for your wonderful news, I remember that feeling when we found out we were going to be grandparents for the first time last year but sad to hear about your grandson's mam's attitude, that's so spiteful, grandchildren need grandparents as much as we need them, grandparents can enrich a little one's life in so many ways. in England a few years ago an act was passed which gave grandparents the right to see their grandchildren in cases where the parents had split up. I hope she sees sense.

Monique
November 27th, 2012, 09:57 AM
Cil, how wonderful. I am so excited for you. Spoil this one with all the gramma love you can.

CrazyMtnLady
November 27th, 2012, 10:27 AM
Congratulations! I am sure by the time you learn the sex of the baby you will have made a few things like: bibs, burp clothes, etc.
Have fun and enjoy.

Sandy Navas
November 27th, 2012, 10:48 AM
Congrats you got those 1000 quilter cash pooints just in time...You are gonna have fun..No grandkids here yet as my daughters are 19&16 but I think of the day I get the news and how I will spoil those kids...Keep us posted!

Just what I was thinking - you got those M*QC points and now have a wonderful reason to spend them!!

Congratulations!!

SallyO'Sews
November 27th, 2012, 10:59 AM
So happy for your news! Enjoy this little one - seems the grandchildren grow up even faster than their parents!

buckeyequilter
November 27th, 2012, 11:03 AM
Congratulations...how exciting for you!

SuzyQue
November 27th, 2012, 12:53 PM
Congrats! Please keep us informed of the sex, birth date, pics, etc. ......some of us are still living vicariously through others with grands!

Madeforyouinma11
November 27th, 2012, 03:42 PM
Just what I was thinking - you got those M*QC points and now have a wonderful reason to spend them!!

Congratulations!!

Thank you! Aren't you expecting another around the same time?

Madeforyouinma11
November 27th, 2012, 03:44 PM
Thank you everyone! I am really excited and can't wait to start sewing for him/her. Of course I will spoil them like crazy cause that's what us Grammys do! :)
Ill keep you posted.

Nursmate2
November 27th, 2012, 11:28 PM
Yay...a joy to be sure!

Gayle8675309
November 27th, 2012, 11:32 PM
I'm so excited for you! That is too bad about your other grandchild. The mom isn't doing him any favors in keeping him from knowing his grandparents.

My four grandkids live four hours away...but we have them up to our house three times per year for four or five days at a time. (all except the 2 year old...he's a little too young yet). I do miss them so much in between visits though.

Gayle

Ginny B
November 27th, 2012, 11:34 PM
Congratulations!! How exciting! But why wait until you find out --- you can make things that are gender neutral like burp pads that are
yellow, green -- something with teddy bears. And maybe a patriotic bib for his/her first 4th of July.

So sorry to hear about your grandson but that can change too.

Ginny B