PDA

View Full Version : It's Monday, back to the real world

Blondie
November 26th, 2012, 07:34 AM

Happy Monday Folksies!

Thanks for all the wonderful welcome back messages. It is good to be home. I slept like a log last night, even better than the night we got home. At least I didn't feel as if we were still in motion.

The big man goes back to work this morning; in fact, is about to leave the house. Once I am fully caffeinated, I will be getting my backside in gear. Lots to do today.

One of the first things I will be taking care of is running to the bank. Just before we left for our trip to NY, someone had attempted to use my debit card info online. Somehow they knew my name, address and card number, just not enough of my personal info to go through. I had to cancel my debit cards and get new ones, which need to be activated today. After checking my credit reports, I discovered that there has been someone using my name and social in Lilburn Georgia since 1996 !!!!!!! At least that is when that address was reported. OY VEY! However, this new attempt was an online order to be shipped to West Virginia. Such a headache. Makes you realize that the commercials on tv where they can get your info without awareness are for real.

Hoping everyone has a wonderful day. I know that I will!

SMILE !!!!!!!!

dwil23
November 26th, 2012, 07:39 AM
Sorry. It must be a real pain, I know several that have had to go through this. What a way to put a damper on a trip you had looked forward to..... But, I'm sure nothing could ruin the time you got to spend holding that little one.

Welcome back to the forum!

Musical_Starling
November 26th, 2012, 07:50 AM
Oh Blondie, how scary!! I'm always looking out for identity theft, because I did a report on it while I was in college and learned how very real (and very BAD) it can be! And here in Newfoundland, if someone knows very little info about you (birthdate, birthplace, parents names) they can get a copy of your birth certificate, and from there get Social Insurance numbers, drivers licenses, the whole nine yards! Scary, scary stuff!

And you must be a very early riser, because it's only 7:20 AM here, and we're ahead of the rest of North America lol

Blondie
November 26th, 2012, 07:51 AM
Donna, I knew they couldn't get money, hahaha, nothing to take. My credit rating was in the pits thanks to my ex years ago and that is the sneaking suspicion on the Georgia address to me. I am going to contact the PO General since the addy shows a PO box. That would be mail fraud. hohoho, merry christmas identity thief. Keep the change, you filthy animal.
And you are soooo right. I never gave it a thought while I was gone. I had too much baby loving on my mind.

quilter.martha
November 26th, 2012, 08:36 AM
Identity theft is so horrible. I was investigated once for a fraud case in Indiana. A woman used my home phone number and address, someone else's SS# and took a loan out from a bank. The police called me to verify it wasn't me! Tell you about scary!!! And back in the old days of preparing taxes, we tax professionals had to list our SS#s on the bottom of every tax return we prepared. My social is out there on hundreds and hundreds of old tax returns. That's scary too.

Anyway, today is back to normal. I have just one more week of teaching this tax course and then I'm FREE (kinda). I then teach some state seminars--no curriculum, so I prepare my own. Don't think I'll be doing a whole lot of teaching next year. I'm tired of being taken advantage of--no compensation for all the time I spend designing the material.

Everyone have a great day!

Monique
November 26th, 2012, 08:57 AM
Good morning all. Blondie I sure am glad you are back. I tried to hold the fort while you were away. Those are mighty big shoes to fill. hehehehe

So glad you had a wonderful trip.

Ok, so we have snow on the ground this morning. Nothing drastic, although the plow did go by. Hubby will see if our mechanic can put the snow tires on today or tomorrow. I have a Christmas meeting tonight. Supper and then secret sisters will be revealed. I need to make some coasters to add to her parcel today. Should be fun. Our last meeting of the Lionettes for the year. Next week, we hold our Annual Christmas Cheer dinner. We serve dinner for seniors who are alone. We will serve about 135, give or take. They look forward to this all year. Santa will make an appearance with a small gift for each attendee.

I need to get my butt in gear. Have a wonderful day everyone.

MayinJerset
November 26th, 2012, 08:58 AM
Good Morning Everyone, Cold here and I'm not liking it as I don't have much of my heavier clothes out yet so that's number 1 on my To Do List today. Next is contacting the several service/repair men we need to take care of problems that sprung up over the weekend and then making sure we have enough in the checking account to pay them. Other than that, things are good and spending time sewing seems a good possibilty this week.
May in Jersey

MRoy
November 26th, 2012, 09:08 AM
Working and shopping out of town, I use my debit card a lot and I check my account online a lot too. So far, so good, but you never know. Blondie, I'm glad it didn't put a damper on your trip.

Hi ho, hi ho, it's back to work I go...after being off 4 days, I'm not exactly chomping at the bit either. Wishing everyone a great day!

quiltingtrish
November 26th, 2012, 09:45 AM
Welcome back Blondie - we've missed you!!! New York - I betcha' that you might have taken 81. I could have met you somewhere for a hug. That highway is only 15 minutes from me. I am so happy that you made the trip and got to hold your granddaughter. How precious.

The leaves here are finally all raked and gone. Both at my house and my Dad's. The bookcase from H*** is finally all put together and in place. This was after he says to me at 10 last night "you don't go back to school tomorrow, do you?" Do yourself a favor-when you ever buy a bookcase make sure it's already put together for you. When the directions said it would take 30 minutes, we thought maybe an hour or two. Two pieces went on backwards, so they had to come off and put back on right. Then there were those 2 tiny brackets at the bottom. After spending literally hours trying to get the screws in and they were not tight, then having the thing lay on its side on Dad's floor for a few weeks until he decided to go to the store to get larger brackets (in the meantime, every week I had to try to take out the screws and put them back in again), I showed up with new brackets last night and finally got it together. I think something was wrong with the piece of wood the screws had to go in to because even these went in crooked after I pounded some pointy tool in to the wood and then used a hand-held drill to start the holes. Then we had to figure out how to get his antenna up on top of it which ended up with a long cardboard tube holding up a box to hold the antenna so he could watch his t.v. since he refuses to pay for a cable bill. I got home at 2:30 this morning.

Today is our Thanksgiving meal so I'll be throwing that in the oven later this morning. I only ever bake 1 turkey a year so I am looking forward to it with all the fixings. I can see a nap coming on for sure later on.

Hope you all have a great day today.

Hugs,

aliaslaceygreen
November 26th, 2012, 09:48 AM
May, I had my husband bring down the cold weather clothes last night ( After I spent a good 1/2 hour trying to locate the tote in the attic...but while I was up there, bent in half to fit in the space, I moved all the Christmas totes toward the steps too... 4 are down in the house, the rest will wait till after the new sofa is delivered tomorrow.... And I PROBABLY should spend some time up there relabeling totes and organizing...but.

Today is my DAY OFF. I am somehow the only mgt person who worked the entire 4 days of the holiday.... ARGH@@@@

So, a mental health day. Change out clothes while listening to Christmas music. Then do some quilting. Housework be ****3d!

sewbizzy
November 26th, 2012, 10:05 AM
Good Morning Everyone....Blondie, I hope you get this situation straightened out....it is a very scary thing!

I can't wait to hear more aobut your visit with your gd....I know you must be tired...
I had my appt. with the surgeon last Friday for my hip...I am bone on bone on the left hip...he suggested I try the fluoroscopsy steroid injection to see if it will help, which I did the same day after an ordeal of the electricity going out in part of the building I was having the test done just as they were going to start...so, I had to go over to the hospital to get it done...my dh hubby and I were gone most of the day...it will take several days to see if it helps...they tell me it may not help at all or you can get several months relief from it...please say a prayer for me on this one...if this helps you can get several before you have the replacement....
I am still working on some sewing items for the shop I have my things in...so am going to start on them this morning...
dh is off deer hunting...hunting is his favorite hobby and my sons and him wait for this day to arrive every year...
Hugs and Blessings to all who need it....Have a great day

MayinJerset
November 26th, 2012, 10:34 AM
Both Trishs have problems:

TJ like the way you solved the problem with your Dad's antenta, kind of a 50's look. Enjoy your Thanksgiving dinner today.

Smart of you Trish to solve the probem of getting Christmas totes down from the attic. Have fun decorating.

Our Christmas stuff is marked (correctly I hope) so only the ones I want will come down from the garage overhang but I fear DH just takes everything down and leaves it . I like to start with the outdoor wreaths the first week of December. Kind of crowded in the garage right now as it's also DH's woodworking shop and he's building a bookcase and I have lots of clothes and laundry hanging around. Notice I never said there is a car in the garage, hasn't been one there since the 70's when DH and our sons used to tune up their own cars. Also sending Hugs and Prayers to all in need today, May

CrazyMtnLady
November 26th, 2012, 12:41 PM
Good Morning... It is so nice to have your good morning messages back again. Monique does a great job when you are not here though.
Sorry about the identity thing. I don't have to worry...I don't have anything to steal. :(

Worked hard yesterday DH and I unloaded a truck full of wood and he split and I hauled 5 wheel barrows full in and stacked it. We sure were a couple of hurtin' turkeys when the sun went down last night. Got in the hot tub and then we each took a pain pill and crashed, neither one of us wanted to move to get up and put wood on the fire or let the dogs out. LOL

Lots of prayers and hugs to all.

quiltingtrish
November 26th, 2012, 12:58 PM
Well, the turkey is in the oven!!
I forgot to mention that not only is there a long tube holding up a cardboard box to hold the antenna, but the antenna is also ducktaped to the cardboard box! It really does look like something from the 50's but he's happy that his tv works. And that's what it's all about - keeping your 86 3/4 year old father happy.
Hugs,

lilmouse
November 26th, 2012, 01:29 PM
Morning everyone,
Laundry is in the washer, animals are fed and watered and coffee cup is in my hand and I am on my favorite forum....life is good...and Blondie is back...sorry to hear about the identity theft...hope you get it straightened out quickly and it isn't too much of a pain in the backside! Sorry to hear about the hip....hope the meds work for you...will keep you in prayer...reorganized my sewing stash a little bit last night....forgot about some of the fabric I have...gives me ideas! Soon all the smaller pieces will be cut up into layer cakes and charm squares...beyond that not too much going on here other than I go to work at noon...Everyone have a great day and praying for those in need and sending cyber hugs to all!

Madeforyouinma11
November 26th, 2012, 01:59 PM
Blondie, it really is nice having you back. We all missed you! I'm like you, nothing much to steal here.
Carol, I hope everything works out with your hip. Trish, hope you enjoy your turkey!

Today is going to be filled with so many things...I need to embroider a fleece blanket for an order, finish up a few details on my SS gift so I can mail in the next couple of days, and work on some other Christmas gifts . I would really like to put up some of my decorations today and finish up by tomorrow so all I will have left is my tree in another week or so.
Well it's 46 degrees and sunny today but I think we are supposed to get a little snow tomorrow and Wednesday. Nothing that will really stick so that's a plus. I hate being cold. This is my hibernation season, and now that I'm not working, it's worse. I only go out when absolutely necessary.
Well, here's hoping everyone has a great Monday! Prayers and hugs out to everyone...happy quilting!

chy
November 26th, 2012, 03:26 PM
Glad family made it home safe, super bummed about identity theft. Im so afraid of that happening to me that I only use one credit/debit card for online. I would hate to e leaving for trip and have to deal with that, although hubby has he cards and never buy online. He believe if you can't see it don't buy it.

shannonsaulter
November 26th, 2012, 04:02 PM
Good Morning all its 11am here and I have been to the post office,Joanns and Kmart all before 10am...lol..its my day off so got things out of the way early...Christmas cards are in the mail and packages to Australia are on their way...going to work on my baby quilt a bit today and do some more decorating...
Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

HandsOffItsMine
November 26th, 2012, 04:16 PM
I'm tired! So there I said it! lol

Up at 5 with a DH who's excited to be going to CA for a short term job! We've done:

-Flight Checkin and Seat Upgrade
-Laundry
-Packing
-Banking
-Grocery Store
-Post Office
-PrePaid Parking for Dec on Mustang (PITA Tagging)
-Photos of Karen and Cindy Packages
-Reading of Emails/Forum
-Posted only Karen's Photos so far! :(

It's 9 am - I need a nap!!!

Ok...Don's calling about not finding something that's in the same place always! Christ, we only have a small place!! Yes, I'm getting cranky. lol

See ya later alligators..

auntiemern
November 26th, 2012, 05:19 PM
Scary stuff Blondie. I had someone try to get into mine a while back. Thankfully the bank caught it. Someone claiming to be a doctor tried to get some piddly amount like $6.00. The bank caught it and it didn't go through. They told me that is what they do sometimes. Try to charge a small amount, and if that goes thru, then they sock it to you. My response was, if there was actually a doctor that charged such a small fee, I would be all over that, lol. Glad to have you back. We missed your cheery good mornings.

toggpine
November 26th, 2012, 05:27 PM
Oh Ruby, I feel your pain. My hubby has travel anxiety. We need to be packed a few days ahead of when we are leaving. That way when he decides it's time, everything is ready to go. You need some chocolate & a nap!

Glad you are home safe Blondie.

My morning was spent at school helping the kids with their sight words. Then we did some beginning writing. Wednesday I'll go help with afternoon math. Whee!

I managed to get the last of the apples all canned up into pie filling. This was my first attempt at that. Loved the ClearJel cornstarch as it made a super silky sauce for the apples and it didn't clump up or break like I have seen when flour or regular corn starch is exposed to high heat for a long time. It looks so pretty in the jars. I am going to have to figure out how to process the apples so they don't get all mushy though. By the time I blanch them (boil 1 min.) and then process the jars for 30 minutes the texture is pretty much shot. I will have to add some fresh apples to the pies for that firmer apple bite. I have the base done, so that is a hue start to any pie though. I also made a variation we call Bumbleberry. It is mixed berries and some apples. (Pretty much whatever is left over from canning & jelly making.) It think that is my personal favorite.

I have finished one SS project, now to see if I can pull off the next one. Then her box should be ready for the P.O.!

Have a great day!
Hugs, Cathy

Sandy Navas
November 26th, 2012, 06:14 PM
Well, the turkey is in the oven!!
I forgot to mention that not only is there a long tube holding up a cardboard box to hold the antenna, but the antenna is also ducktaped to the cardboard box! It really does look like something from the 50's but he's happy that his tv works. And that's what it's all about - keeping your 86 3/4 year old father happy.
Hugs,

Have you ever seen the Rowan Atkinson clip where he brings home a TV and can't get good reception? One of the funniest things I've ever seen . . . but I love Mr. Bean!!!!

Sandy Navas
November 26th, 2012, 06:24 PM
I rushed out of here this morning to meet up with a cousin who is not actually a cousin, but someone who I've always felt was a cousin, so I still call her that. Now, if you've followed that, well I commend you!! She's here visiting her family (who are also cousins but not actually cousins), and she's a wonderful friend from Florida!! We had a great time catching up and when we parted I ran over to see Mom at the Nursing Home.

Mom - for weeks my brother, sister, and I have been telling them that Mom has some problem with an eye. Finally (I don't know all the details) they got someone to check it and she has a MRSA infection in that eye. They are supposedly treating it with whatever works - but they have a pirates patch on her and the poor thing has no idea what's going on. I cannot begin to tell you how . . . I guess I just pray for a gentle passing - is that such an evil thing for me to do?

Okay, off here for a bit to try to collect myself. Hugs and all that warm fuzzy stuff to all.

buckeyequilter
November 26th, 2012, 07:02 PM
I guess I just pray for a gentle passing - is that such an evil thing for me to do?

No it's not evil....I prayed that my mom wouldn't have to suffer a long time and she didn't. It hurt to see her go but it also hurt to see her going through the treatments - both of her arms were black and blue from her wrist to her elbow. It's just so difficult to watch them suffer.

buckeyequilter
November 26th, 2012, 07:06 PM
Hello....

Gosh today was a busy day at work. This week I have to keep up with my work and a co-worker's work. She had a new grandson born in October and they live in Hawaii....so she's on vacation in Hawaii part of last week and all of this week. I am tired tonight but I'm going to work on a couple of quick gifts for my SS and then sort through everything and get it ready to go!

Have a great evening everyone. Prayers and hugs to all.