PDA

View Full Version : Ahhh! Just had to let out a scream....

MayinJerset
November 25th, 2012, 06:10 PM
Can't believe the things that have gone wrong the past few days. Wrote a big long, long rant that I just deleted but basically the oven, washing machine, dryer, den/tv room heater and cable reception have turned on us - and now DH heard a pop and one side of the house is without power. Getting service men in to fix, replace or repair is going to be a problem as most are very, very busy fixing homes and businesses damaged by Hurricane Sandy. Some of them can wait but it's scary about the power being off in part of the house. DH is going to try changing the breaker to see if that does it. On top of everything a crown fell off yesterday and I'm going to the dentist tomorrow morning and am praying he can just glue it back on with any problems.

Claire Hallman
November 25th, 2012, 06:27 PM
Be very careful with that 'lectricity it'll bite you.:0

Monique
November 25th, 2012, 07:03 PM
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

bkthomas
November 25th, 2012, 07:17 PM
So sorry you are having so many problems - wish I could wave a wand and make it all better for you!

MayinJerset
November 25th, 2012, 07:49 PM
I did feel better once I wrote everything out in detail, then deleted it. Problems aren't the worse in the workd and will get solved but I've been very tired after Thanksgiving and all and the problems just overwhelmed me for a bit.

Contractor we use is having his electrian call us tomorrow as that's the one problem we want checked out ASAP, we can live with the rest and take care of them later.

bopeep
November 25th, 2012, 07:58 PM
BLESS YOUR HEART......
You are in my Prayers........
{{{HUGS}}} & {{{{PRAYERS}}}}
bopeep

GrammaBabs
November 25th, 2012, 08:07 PM
Try to breathe deep, why does everything have to happen at once sometimes.... I'll be thinking of you and saying a little prayer for your health and state of mind... hang in there GF.... i can relate... hugs,,, and remember... it is what it is,,, what doesn't get done, will just have to wait,,, oh and try to rest... if possible... hard to handle things when your run down....:) hugs Babs

Jean Sewing Machine
November 25th, 2012, 08:08 PM
God bless you, I hope you can get things fixed. And the tooth, isn't that the "crowning" event on the whole thing?

MayinJerset
November 25th, 2012, 09:42 PM
Thanks Jean for saying " And the tooth, isn't that the "crowning" event on the whole thing? " that really made me Laugh Out Loud and brighten my mood. Thanks to everyone else for their good thoughts. May

lilmouse
November 25th, 2012, 10:27 PM
So sorry you are going through all of this........keeping you in prayer for sanity! LOL

Musical_Starling
November 26th, 2012, 06:09 AM
Oh May, my friend "Murphy" has obviously paid you a visit! I'll beat the crap out of him the next time he swings by, no worries :D I hope you can get everything fixed ASAP!

quiltingtrish
November 26th, 2012, 10:02 AM
Oh May - sorry to hear about everything going pop! I am glad you got your electrician scheduled to come in and take a look. That is a blessing, especially with them so busy out there right now. I have prayers coming for you today as you head to the dentist.

Hugs,

Bubby
November 26th, 2012, 11:03 AM
I would be screaming, too! When it rains, it pours!! Hugs, Barb

madampolo
November 26th, 2012, 11:32 AM
So sorry that everything came down on you during a holiday time. I just spent a fortune on my mouth replacing crowns because of decay underneath them. Take care. Things can only get better from here.

CrazyMtnLady
November 26th, 2012, 12:29 PM
When it rains it pours. I know how it is... my oven quit because the thermostat broke. I can still use the top of the stove but not the oven. I use my electric turkey roaster for baking. My regular washer quit so I am back to my wringer which sits outside in a pavillion and this time of year it's pretty dang cold out there.
Hang in there....tomorrow will be a brighter day.

Gayle8675309
November 26th, 2012, 01:03 PM
It does seem like troubles come in a pack, doesn't it? So sorry things have been bad for you and am hoping things improve this week.

Gayle

New York Sue
November 26th, 2012, 01:15 PM
Sounds like a power surge fried out all your appliances. I've heard of this happening, and the power company has 'made good' on replacements. I would definately research this. Your electrician should be able to give you direction. So sorry, May. :(

auntiemern
November 26th, 2012, 09:35 PM
So sorry all of this is happening. Amazing how when we write it all down, and get it out of our system, things don't look as bad. Praying for all to get better.

MayinJerset
November 27th, 2012, 06:46 AM
Thanks for all your good thoughts, they worked as there is GOOD NEWS, THE POWER IS BACK ON IN THOSE ROOMS! Amazing how all those other problems seem so little now that the main one has been taken care of.

Blondie
November 27th, 2012, 07:40 AM
This IS good news. And you are so right about the size of problems in relation to importance of the moment. Did you make it in to the dentist?