PDA

View Full Version : Just received something nice to read..

GrammaBabs
November 25th, 2012, 12:25 PM
I am going to give credit for this... Josh Scott.. wrote this in an email for a "promo" for his Craftsy website... It's quite popular and interesting... While reading thru his letter... This paragraph really hit home with me... MY children feel this way as i'm sure many "receivers" of our work do,,, so i am "pasting" it here...

I really love this ... and it's from a Grandson who is describing his Grandmother...:)
I am often asked how a man ever started Craftsy... the answer is simple, my Grandmother was a Knitter. Not someone who knits, she was a Knitter, with a big capital K. She was constantly knitting - making countless gifts for me, my Curious George doll, all the other grandchildren, and several of her favorite charitable organizations. While I have a nostalgic moment from time to time for my Hungry Hungry Hippos or Rock'Em Sock'Em Robots, they are long, long gone. However, this Thanksgiving, my three-year old daughter proudly wore a sweater my Grandmother knit for me many, many years-ago when I was just about her age.

Claire Hallman
November 25th, 2012, 12:45 PM
I got that this morning and really liked what he had to say, too.

Monique
November 25th, 2012, 07:05 PM
I also received it this morning.

Musical_Starling
November 26th, 2012, 05:50 AM
I read that and thought it was wonderful :) I never received any crafts from my grandmothers when I was young, but DH's grandmother has knit me a bunch of scarves, and his other grandmother (who died when he was just 3 years old) knit his Christening gown and boots and his mother saved it and gave it to me just before our wedding last year :) So that's something I'll always cherish and will use for our future children and keep it for grandchildren as well. It will be well taken care of and cherished (hopefully) for many generations. I also have a toddler-sized sweater of his that his Mom gave me, and it looks like it was knit yesterday!