PDA

View Full Version : The last Sunday in November!

Monique
November 25th, 2012, 12:15 PM

Okay I would like to know who sped up time. It is the last Sunday of the month. Stop whoever you are. PLEASE!!

I worked yesterday morning and played darts in the afternoon, into the evening. I had a blast. I played really well for someone who has never played.

Today is Grey Cup day. That is our Canadian equivalent to your American Super Bowl. I hate football but will watch it with hubby just for the sake of it. I am not sure what I will do in the meantime.

Have a great day everyone. Blondie, hurry home, we miss you.

pcbatiks
November 25th, 2012, 12:41 PM
Hi Monique & other forum friends, It's a beautiful day here.....DH and I went walking yesterday.....trying to get back in a walking routine. I think I will get a craftsy class today........have a project to finish & think the extra info will help me. I posted this recipe recently but thought I would post it again for the Christmas holidays. It's great for parties or as a gift.

Best Cheese Ball Ever

This is a cheese ball recipe that I got from a co-worker about 25 years ago. It is super easy & delicious! This cheese ball is perfect.....in my opinion.....but some might find it a little spicy........if so just cut back some on hot seasoning. Hope you enjoy!

16 ounces cream cheese
1 bunch green onions chopped
1 tsp red pepper
1 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp Tabasco sauce (hot sauce)
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp accent seasoning
1 tsp worcestershire sauce (I use Lea & Perrin)
1 TBSP mayo
3/4 tsp mustard

Put all ingredients in bowl and mix well. Can be done with a fork of mixer. Blend thoroughly. Shape into a ball and roll in chopped nuts or bread crumbs to cover. Serve with you favorite crackers or Fritoes. Keep refrigerated when not being served.

MayinJerset
November 25th, 2012, 12:43 PM
Getting a very late start today but I'm moving along getting everything back into shape after Thanksgiving and guests for the weekend. Want to clear the decks so I can sew, sew, and sew more this coming week. One damper on my sewing plans is an unplanned visit to the dentist, a crown came off yesterday and I hope and pray it can be glued in without any problem.

Coodest day so far and we are missing our den's heat even more than usually. This room isn't attached to our central heating system and we've relied on a gas wall heater for years. Hurricane Sandy blew out its pilot light and when DH went to relight it parts of the heater broke off. We've ordered a gas fireplace to replace it and had hopes it would be installed before Thanksgiving but it's been delayed. Just hope it gets here soon as we like to read and/or watch tv in that room and we're cold. Also I've been dreaming of how lovely our Christmas tree will look next to the fireplace. May in Jersey

Lisapc
November 25th, 2012, 02:09 PM
I am not a football lover either but I did watch the game on Thanksgiving night with hubby. It was very entertaining and our Patriots won. They were handed the game but they still won. I myself am horrified at how soon Christmas will be here. I could sew 10 hours a day (if only I had that kind of time) and still not sleep Christmas Eve.

I have the fabric for a Christmas quilt that I wanted to make for my own home and just decided last night that it will be for next Christmas. I have too many people expecting and hoping for me to make them something to have the time to make our home something extra. I did buy 2 Christmas panel this week to make wall hangings for our home which I am definitely doing one today.

How many days until Christmas? I don't think I want to know I just need to know.

cyndiofthevortex
November 25th, 2012, 02:21 PM
Hey, Lisa! Go Pats! That was the most entertaining game ever. Sorry, Jets fans. You just had a very bad day.

I am ready to quilt a Christmas tree skirt for DS#1 today. It's all basted and ready to go. We're going tree cutting next Saturday and will give it to them as an early present so they can enjoy it all season.

I have my SS's package all boxed up and ready to mail tomorrow! I am so excited about this swap. What fun it is!

I hope everyone has had a wonderful holiday weekend. Our Thanksgiving was the best one ever. Thank you, God, for all of your blessings!

Bubby
November 25th, 2012, 02:28 PM
Hi Everyone,

Today we are getting out the Christmas decorations and packing away the Fall items. We use an artificial tree and it's assembled...next the lights. DH is a big help with this since I can't reach the top of the tree. We do a wildlife tree, with pretty much all the ornaments pertaining to the outdoors. I'll post a picture once it's together. I decorate some in the kitchen and living rooom, but nothing like I used to do. Once upon a time I was always part of the holiday home tours and put up 12 trees (I had a huge house). Now I have downsized and I no longer volunteer to be on the tour. The one big tree is enough for us, plus a little kitchen tree I enjoy putting up every year.

I wish you all a wonderful Sunday....Hugs, Barb

Jean Sewing Machine
November 25th, 2012, 02:33 PM
Wow, I liked the idea that Monique posted, Sunday is a day of rest! I have a good book waiting for me to finish--"The Life of Pi" which is an excellent movie--we saw it Friday instead of shopping. Beautiful graphics and cinematography, as well as a very interesting story.

There are dishes in the sink and dirty clothes and sheets and towels from the guests, but what's new about that? I can read while the washer does the work.

I have so many quilt projects to finish and/or start, I don't really know where to begin. I need to finish a queen quilt and some placemats and napkins for my sister, that's all the expectations I have for December. Last December, I was in full quilt production mode, and did about 5 bed quilts and at least 2 lap quilts and a tree skirt all while costuming a show and getting ready for Christmas. I think I lost my ummppppffff this year, not that ambitious. I was going to make memory quilts for my 5 grandchildren, but the photographer has flaked out on me, and hasn't produced any pictures for us to see from our vacation to DisneyWorld. Besides, they all got quilts already from me this year, so what's the point? But I do have a lot of Disney and other themed fabrics already purchased, so maybe it will be a project for next year's birthdays.

Have a great day, folks!

Madeforyouinma11
November 25th, 2012, 02:56 PM
Hey everybody!
Today I am going into the sewing room! I've done my dishes and I'll do laundry tomorrow. I have two dog paw christmas stockings to make today and I need to start one of two quilts needed for Christmas. I am also making three table runners and a few other odds and ends as gifts so I need to get moving. My SS gift is just about ready to mail. It will be leaving this week sometime, I really hope she likes what I am sending. I still have some reading to catch up on here. I fell behind during this past week and I've been trying to catch up. Almost there, but for now I need to go. I don't hear any little elves in my sewing room getting things done for me do I must go do them myself. Hoping to post some pics soon!
I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday doing whatever it is that you have planned.
Good thoughts and prayers to everyone!

CrazyMtnLady
November 25th, 2012, 03:04 PM
Hi all. Been up and at 'em for quite a while. Just taking a break to rest my back. Got the dogs, cats, horse and mule fed. Did a load of laundry and got it hung up and hauled another 4 wheelbarrow loads of wood to the house and DH stacked the wood inside as I handed it to him. He is outside splitting another load of wood. I just needed to give my back a break but will be going back out to stack wood so it can dry out. I like the idea of your picture for the peaceful relaxing Sunday ...but I don't think that is going to happen on Crazy Woman Mountain today.. :O
I will get my Christmas decorations out and do some decorating this year. I want to be in the holiday spirit which has been a bit lacking in this household for a few years.

Hugs and prayers to all.

lilmouse
November 25th, 2012, 11:17 PM
I took a dear friend out to lunch today; we spent the afternoon together...had a good time...just needed to get out of the house for awhile....picked up the last few items I wanted for my SS so hopefully will be wrapping and mailing this week, I want it done and over. I am such a procrastinator! I have been going through my stash again! and pulling out fabrics for borders and bindings and sashings and putting them in one place so I don't have to go through all the piles trying to find that one fabric that I know will work and I know I have it...somewhere?...I am about half done and no energy left! Will finish before bed though as I can't stand a huge mess in the sewing room....please note the word huge...there is usually some mess, just not a lot! LOL Hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday...hugs and prayers for all!

DCM
November 26th, 2012, 12:37 AM
I almost finished quilting a baby quilt, then I need to move on to 12 placemats and hopefully a few of the tablerunners with the large wedge for Christmas presents for people at work. Then on to another baby quilt. Hard to believe that next month at this time Christmas will nearly be over!