PDA

View Full Version : YIKES...time to hoard!!

hillbilly
October 22nd, 2010, 11:32 AM
I have been so good about only using what I already own when it comes to fabric shopping.

But, maybe I need to find a way to squeeze a few more fabric pennies out. Check out this:

http://barbarabrackman.blogspot.com/2010/10/uh-oh.html

janluna
October 22nd, 2010, 12:01 PM
Too funny Tonya. Talk about an occupation for women. They don't mention back aches and bloody fingers from picking cotton!

Blondie
October 24th, 2010, 11:20 AM
Hey Tonya,
I had read this on BB's blog. While the prices don't seem to be that much, relatively speaking, think of how much is added and tacked on top of that price. I think I will join you in getting some extra of my favorite splurge of clearance fabric.
Of course, I am SOOOO politically incorrect (so please ladies, don't bash me) but a drought in China? Boo Hoo. Bring back textiles to THIS country.

craftyladysam
October 24th, 2010, 01:37 PM
I agree Blondie, bring back everything to the USA! We need jobs! Here in NC the cotton fields have been beautiful and so are the pumpkin fields. I must be getting old, I notice nature more than I use to. The cotton fields look like it has snowed and the pumpkins are so orange and plentiful here and the weather is cool just right for fall and the changing colors of the trees. :lol: Thats enough from me right now. See ya later, sweet potaters.

janluna
October 24th, 2010, 04:21 PM
I'm with you all. America has let the world take our things and make a fortune with them.
The t.v., Vhs, I don't know who did cd and dvd's but wouldn't be surprised if we came up with it and Japan or China or somewhere else didn't get the glory and the money for manufacturing. I can't believe we let that all go somewhere else. And us with no jobs. Our leaders are just dumb. And I don't mean just Obama. Other leaders over a lot of years gave our ideas away. That's my rant and I'm sticking to it! lol :icon_doh:

Blondie
October 24th, 2010, 09:07 PM
Where Saundra, our craftylady and I live used to be textile country. All our mills are closed now in my county. My county has the highest unemployment rate in the state. And multiply that by each county in each state.
This has been coming down the pike for many years. I don't think it is necessarily a dem or rep. thing. I think it is a greed thing and politics as usual. Sigh.
What I miss are the towns in the south where I could drive through and buy fabric by the pound! My granny made many a patchwork ugly quilt out of those scraps. I still sleep under them, wrapped in their love.