PDA

View Full Version : Saturday, the weekend has arrived

Monique
November 24th, 2012, 08:59 AM

Good morning everyone. I hope you all survived Thanksgiving and Black Friday by now. I went shopping yesterday for fabric. Yes you read this correctly. More fabric. I did go a little overboard and thank God I had someone with me or I would still be there.

I was exhausted last night. I work this morning and then I am in a dart tournament this afternoon. Don't know how that will go.

Take care of yourselves dear friends. A demain.

madampolo
November 24th, 2012, 09:30 AM
I bought fabric, too, but on-line. I love to let my fingers do the walking. I hope to do some quilting today. Good morning to you, too!

CrazyMtnLady
November 24th, 2012, 09:47 AM
Good Morning all. I didn't do any shopping yesterday. I got my dishes done and my kitchen half way put back together after Thanksgiving. I vacuumed the front room and brought in 5 wheelbarrows full of wood. I was pooped.. Took a shower and crashed. Last night we watched The Grinch That Stole Christmas and before DH could get a second movie started I was out like a light. Only problem is I didn't put "The Planet" Chester out and DH forgot to put him out before he came to bed, so I woke up to a stinky surprise on the bathroom floor this morning. He is housebroken just like a dog because I refuse to have a litter box in this tiny place so when he has to go if he can't wake me up ....he uses the bathroom floor, which is much better then the carpet somewhere. But I was not a happy camper!
I think I am going to sit at my neglected sewing machine today, unless DH has other plans. I heard him talking to our friend Ray yesterday about cutting and hauling some more wood and I am sure this time he will make me go along. :( I want a "me" day!

Off to read other posts/threads and catch up on anything I may have missed.
Hugs and prayers to all.

carrie liz
November 24th, 2012, 09:52 AM
I used to make smocked dresses for my GDs and several years ago started a dress thinking I would save it for GGDs. Somehow with no push to finish the dress, it has been sitting in a bag for ages. I got it out and started putting the dress together a couple of weeks ago. It is slow work as my fingers are bent and frozen with arthritis. I finished the last of the smocking and today need to turn under the edges of the sash so I can attach it to the side seam. It has been so long since I made one of these dresses I've nearly forgotten how to put them together.

Hope everyone has a blessed day.

MayinJerset
November 24th, 2012, 10:32 AM
DS Tim and grandkids were off early this morning, house is kind of back together after their visit for Thanksgiving and yesterday's family get together at our son Pat's. Got to see newlyweds from CA, DGD home from college as well as our 1 1/2 old great grandson Jack. Jack was a little put off by the crowd at first but quickly adjusted to having some fun playing with toys. All our family were ther except DGD who lives in CA - she was spending Thanksgiving with her fiancee's family there, hopefully she'll be visiting here at Christmas. Hope she and fiancee have finally set the date for their wedding.

Having my coffee before getting dressed and out the door for our last Pillowcase Sew In for this year. I'd like nothing more than to stay snuggled in a quilt watching tv but since I'm one of the coordinators of the project I better her by myself going. Hurricane Sandy cancelled 2 sew in dates and now we don't have the number of pillowcases we promised for distribution to local hospiats for Christmas. Social workers at the hospitals have family celebrations at this time of the year and ethe patient and every member of their family gets a Holiday pillowcase. May in Jersey

aliaslaceygreen
November 24th, 2012, 10:43 AM
Coffee. Much of it, please! I really need to get out that To Do List, maybe put the bits that others can do HIGH up, in BIG letters, and leave it somewhere?
It looks sunny, mid 50's maybe for a high.... hope everyone finds that right balance today between NEED and WANT to do!!!

Bubby
November 24th, 2012, 11:02 AM
We had a work day yesterday. We had one of our apartments inspected and scored 100%...that was a bit of a surprise to me. Anyway, that ordeal is done with! It was the pits having to be there the morning after Thanksgiving at 8 am plus the 90 minute drive to get there.

I got a package from M* yesterday with a Harmony layercake and I started sewing HSTs for a chevron quilt. This will be a backburner quilt...something to work on when I need a little something to work on. This may be for my MIL...maybe not. I would rather give her a store bought quilt than one of mine.

DH is home so I'm not sure what will take place today. I'll pop in later and see how everyone's doing. Let's remember Ruby's Matt in our prayers...he came through his big surgery yesterday but has a long road of recovery ahead of him.

Hugs, Barb

RiverMomm
November 24th, 2012, 11:07 AM
Good Morning All! I, too, went fabric shopping yesterday. Not that I need any fabric, but let's be honest, has that ever stopped anyone? I went on a little adventure and drove over to a small town called Hawkesbury about an hour from my house. Why? you may ask. Well . . . there is a quilting shop that I wanted to see. It's TWO shops that have combined and also added a shoe area (yes, you read that right-fabric and shoes, all in the same store!). Even though Canada doesn't really get into Black Friday like the States, they were having a Black Friday sale. Hhhhmmmm, fabric and sale. You KNOW I had to buy some things. They didn't have the Warm Tater batting I wanted, but they did have the two panels, white, black, flannel fabric that I didn't know I wanted. :)

SuzyQue
November 24th, 2012, 11:09 AM
Thanksgiving dinner done--check. Sent hubby and daughter to pick up the Black Friday sales---check. Enjoyed time with college aged daughter---check. House re-cleaned after Thanksgiving mess---check. Now to tackle the long list of to be sewn yet pile! I was hoping to get my machine in for one final cleaning before the warranty expires.........but need to at least get the fuzzy sleep pants done first. I think I know where I will be today! I hope everyone has a productive, safe, and happy day! Prayers and hugs.

quiltingtrish
November 24th, 2012, 11:38 AM
"the white, black flannel fabric I didn't know I wanted" - too funny Vicky. I seem to come home with lots of that kind myself.

The girls brought home a sweet, tiny dark gray little girl kitten on Thanksgiving Day. I told them when they move out, not only does the dog go, but so does the kitten.

The list of TO-DO's:

Today: frame an embroidery project for a birthday gift tomorrow.
cut out fabrics for pillowcases and zip bags
2nd weekend in December: sew 3 pillowcases and 15 zip bags for Christmas gifts.
By the end of the year if time: work on 2 Block of the Months for my BOM project
finish my Cathedral Windows wall hanging
finish the photo project I am working on
Didn't do any Black Friday shopping, but with the things I already have and am making, the only thing I will have to get is a few gift cards for the boys to go out to eat together while Odie is home for Christmas.

Well, off to get ready for the day and then to hit the sewing room.
Hope you all have a great day.
Hugs,

Sandy Navas
November 24th, 2012, 11:51 AM
Good Morning all. I didn't do any shopping yesterday. I got my dishes done and my kitchen half way put back together after Thanksgiving. I vacuumed the front room and brought in 5 wheelbarrows full of wood. I was pooped.. Took a shower and crashed. Last night we watched The Grinch That Stole Christmas and before DH could get a second movie started I was out like a light. Only problem is I didn't put "The Planet" Chester out and DH forgot to put him out before he came to bed, so I woke up to a stinky surprise on the bathroom floor this morning. He is housebroken just like a dog because I refuse to have a litter box in this tiny place so when he has to go if he can't wake me up ....he uses the bathroom floor, which is much better then the carpet somewhere. But I was not a happy camper!
I think I am going to sit at my neglected sewing machine today, unless DH has other plans. I heard him talking to our friend Ray yesterday about cutting and hauling some more wood and I am sure this time he will make me go along. :( I want a "me" day!

Off to read other posts/threads and catch up on anything I may have missed.
Hugs and prayers to all.

Tell him you've already hauled in 5 wheelbarrow full of wood and now it's his time to bring in at least five truck-loads. And then tell him Sandy said: BLAH . . . (that's a giant raspberry to him).

Sandy Navas
November 24th, 2012, 11:52 AM
I used to make smocked dresses for my GDs and several years ago started a dress thinking I would save it for GGDs. Somehow with no push to finish the dress, it has been sitting in a bag for ages. I got it out and started putting the dress together a couple of weeks ago. It is slow work as my fingers are bent and frozen with arthritis. I finished the last of the smocking and today need to turn under the edges of the sash so I can attach it to the side seam. It has been so long since I made one of these dresses I've nearly forgotten how to put them together.

Hope everyone has a blessed day.

You are a better woman than I - even though mostly my fingers are still moving fairly easily. Do you have a GGD on the way??? Have I missed something?

Sandy Navas
November 24th, 2012, 11:55 AM
Coffee. Much of it, please! I really need to get out that To Do List, maybe put the bits that others can do HIGH up, in BIG letters, and leave it somewhere?
It looks sunny, mid 50's maybe for a high.... hope everyone finds that right balance today between NEED and WANT to do!!!

If I tried that around here someone (who shall remain anonymous) would feel like they needed to help me out and they would wad up that piece of 'scrap' paper and throw it away.

Just like he decided to help me yesterday and threw out a pitcher with vinegar that I was using to get calcium deposits off - and then claimed he was helping. I'm gonna help him . . .

Sandy Navas
November 24th, 2012, 11:59 AM
"the white, black flannel fabric I didn't know I wanted" - too funny Vicky. I seem to come home with lots of that kind myself.

The girls brought home a sweet, tiny dark gray little girl kitten on Thanksgiving Day. I told them when they move out, not only does the dog go, but so does the kitten.

The list of TO-DO's:

Today: frame an embroidery project for a birthday gift tomorrow.
cut out fabrics for pillowcases and zip bags
2nd weekend in December: sew 3 pillowcases and 15 zip bags for Christmas gifts.
By the end of the year if time: work on 2 Block of the Months for my BOM project
finish my Cathedral Windows wall hanging
finish the photo project I am working on
Didn't do any Black Friday shopping, but with the things I already have and am making, the only thing I will have to get is a few gift cards for the boys to go out to eat together while Odie is home for Christmas.

Well, off to get ready for the day and then to hit the sewing room.
Hope you all have a great day.
Hugs,

You tried to sneak that one in there, didn't you. Odie is going to be home for Christmas? YEAH!!! Be sure to tell him I said THANK YOU for every single day of his service!

lilmouse
November 24th, 2012, 02:11 PM
Hi Everyone, Last night was the slowest night I have ever worked at the restaurant! Everyone was either too pooped from shopping and were home napping and/or eating leftovers! Hope today is a little better...it is hard work trying to stay busy! And the time moves so sloooooowwww. Vicky I cracked up when I read your post about the fabric you found that you didn't know you wanted...happens to me all the time....and I have a fairly large stash...I could probably quilt for a couple of years on it w/o having to buy anything but backing an batting! Hope everyone has a lovely day!

toggpine
November 24th, 2012, 02:52 PM
Ha! I actually got some sewing done yesterday!
Nearly done with one project! Just buttons to hand stitch on! I even wrote out the directions in case I want to make a "real" pattern. Then I can get on to another "must finish" project. I need to send my SS box Monday/Tuesday and these both should go in there.

Em is sick with a cold. She is sounding like quite the snorkely beast. She is not so fond of taking her medicine, but it seems to be helping. Her trick-or-treat bucket has been converted to a traveling tissue waste basket. Once this passes, we'll wash and sterilize it. This was a better solution than having used tissues scattered all over the house.

I shall get back to the sewing table after I go give myself a quick hair trim. My bangs are getting way too long.

Catch you all later!
Hugs, Cathy

Koda
November 24th, 2012, 10:23 PM
I awakened to snow this morning - snow I wasn't expecting.
Apparently I am very late moving the lawn tractor to the shed and bringing the snowblower to the garage, getting it tuned up and having gasoline on hand. ARG. Apparently I spend too much time quilting to check the weather network too! So like any mild mannered quilter would do, I backed the car out of the garage and down the snowy driveway and went shopping for fabric all the while thinking of my next project - and hoping for warmer weather when I can do the domestic goddess duties I have so far neglected.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.
Namaste,
Koda

buckeyequilter
November 24th, 2012, 10:44 PM

Tell him you've already hauled in 5 wheelbarrow full of wood and now it's his time to bring in at least five truck-loads. And then tell him Sandy said: BLAH . . . (that's a giant raspberry to him).

LOL...Sandy. The last man that ever made me do anything now refers to me as his EX-wife.

Sandy Navas
November 25th, 2012, 10:20 AM
LOL...Sandy. The last man that ever made me do anything now refers to me as his EX-wife.

And we all know exactly why!! BRAVO!!!

carrie liz
November 25th, 2012, 07:36 PM
You are a better woman than I - even though mostly my fingers are still moving fairly easily. Do you have a GGD on the way??? Have I missed something?

I already have one GGD whose mother doesn't seem to dress her in anything I have made. I decided to start a box for future GGKs since 3 GDs have expressed a desire to dress their kids in my creations. I enjoy making children's clothes and knowing they will be appreciated is a plus. If I can get that second sleeve in, I will post a picture.