PDA

View Full Version : Wow just noticed M*QC is!!!

Kandycane
November 23rd, 2012, 07:55 PM
So, I just looked at a map and noticed M*QC is near where my mommy was born and raised, St. Joseph (St. Jo) and then when she was a teen they moved to st. Charles. I have tons of aunts, uncles and cousins in that area. My mommy moved to CA in her early 20's and my grandma and aunt soon followed. But the home my grandpa built for them in St. Jo (early 1910's) is still standing there today :-) I have been lucky enough to travel to MO twice to meet my cousins and aunts/uncles many of whom are no longer here ( grandma was born in st. Jo in 1896) with 15 bros and sis...lol crazy....
My aunt now lives much further south in Buffalo, MO. I have been asking DH to do a road trip to MO as my aunt is in her 80's, but I've been way to sick to make the trip but WHEN we do I'm for sure coming by M*QC and also going to see the old home where my mommy grew up in lovely St. Jo.

Who here as been to visit the M*QC??? How was your trip there?

Happy Friday!

Bubby
November 23rd, 2012, 08:15 PM
See, your roots are in Missouri!!! You need to come 'home' for a visit some time!!

Sandy Navas
November 23rd, 2012, 08:16 PM
Okay, Miss Kandy - you do have to give me more details. I was born and raised just south of St. Joseph (although that was our mailing address at the time). I now live north of St. Joseph and am a 45 minute drive to M*QC. I did, in fact, spend part of their Birthday Bash celebration with them.

Let me know where your family home is and I'll run by and take some pictures and send you some info about the area that may be pretty exciting for you. My mother, who is 96, was raised in St. Joseph so there's a lot of local history that I am aware of. We also claim Walter Cronkite, Jesse James, Ruth Warwick (who graduated from high school with my mother and played Phoebe on All My Children for years), the Pony Express . . . the owner of the Sunshine Biscuit Company - think crackers . . . the list goes on.

auntiemern
November 23rd, 2012, 09:16 PM
Wow that is awesome. You need to come back here to visit your Missouri roots. Sandy, my dad and Grandma, both claimed that Jesse James was related to us on Grandma's side of family.

Lisaau
November 23rd, 2012, 09:24 PM
Mommy?????????

Kandycane
November 25th, 2012, 03:07 AM
That's crazy MY grandma claimed Jessie James was a cousin of hers! Heck maybe we are related...lol

Wow that is awesome. You need to come back here to visit your Missouri roots. Sandy, my dad and Grandma, both claimed that Jesse James was related to us on Grandma's side of family.

Kandycane
November 25th, 2012, 03:16 AM
Well the last time I was there was in 1994 :-( and the last time I was in St. Jo was in 1988 ...lol I will try to find my cousins number ( I moved can't find my moms old phone book) and see if my aunt who's in her late 80's can give me the info on exactly where the house is. Her way of giving directions is something like " go right at the house with the green barn then turn R after the farm with the creek and its half way down next to a dairy farm) lmao....she's not a go by street names woman, more like landmarks...haha. I'll see what I can do. I have pics of it from 98' but that's it....gotta make some calls.
I must say its really the reason I first came to this site is due to it being a MO company :-) I wish my mom was alive to help me :-(

Okay, Miss Kandy - you do have to give me more details. I was born and raised just south of St. Joseph (although that was our mailing address at the time). I now live north of St. Joseph and am a 45 minute drive to M*QC. I did, in fact, spend part of their Birthday Bash celebration with them.

Let me know where your family home is and I'll run by and take some pictures and send you some info about the area that may be pretty exciting for you. My mother, who is 96, was raised in St. Joseph so there's a lot of local history that I am aware of. We also claim Walter Cronkite, Jesse James, Ruth Warwick (who graduated from high school with my mother and played Phoebe on All My Children for years), the Pony Express . . . the owner of the Sunshine Biscuit Company - think crackers . . . the list goes on.

CrazyMtnLady
November 25th, 2012, 11:06 AM
It is a small world. I love living in Missouri now. Although I was born and raised in NE Indiana, I love Missouri. I live a good 5 hours south of M* but I do plan on getting there one day. DH has said he will take me.

Kandycane
December 1st, 2012, 05:17 PM
I'm so sad because I can't get a hold of my auntie. I'm going to keep trying. I hate moving, can never find anything...lol