PDA

View Full Version : It really is a small world

auntiemern
November 23rd, 2012, 07:01 PM
As many of you know my DF, and DD's room mate, La La, lost her sister this past weekend. DIL lost her father Tues. This is where the small world comes in. LaLa's sister, Fran, owns a little restaraunt, named Granny Frans. 2 of her other sisters, Dana and Janet work there. Charlie, DIL's dad was a regular customer. They would see him pull up, and pour his coffee and have it sitting on his table by the time he got in the door. He did this regularly for several years. When he got to the point he couldn't care for himself any more, he went to live in assisted living facility. La La's other sister Cathy works at the facility where he was residing, and helped to take care of him. So through the amazing hand of God, they were all connected, in this unusual way. The sisters all wanted to know about the arrangements so they could pay their last respects to a man they had all come to know and love. God sure does work in mysterious ways. :)

Kandycane
November 23rd, 2012, 07:30 PM
That's wonderful and what a small world we do live in for them to all f taken care of your DIL father but at different times f his health. How great is that tho. God works in mysterious ways.

Sandy Navas
November 23rd, 2012, 08:28 PM
There is a special message there - like Kandy said - God works in mysterious ways. I remember, when I was quite young, a gentleman in our neighborhood passed away. Three days later his wife died. I remember at the time thinking that their love was so very special. Two years ago a younger cousin's husband died and three days later she passed away. Recently I've noticed several obituaries where husband and wife had died within a few days and even as short as a few hours apart. That's how I'd like to go - with my loved one right there. I think your DIL's father must have had some lovely ladies caring for him.

K. McEuen
November 23rd, 2012, 10:09 PM
There is a lot to be said for small towns as well. After my mom died, my dad often got tired of his own (limited) cooking. He took to eating out at least 3 or 4 days a week, usually at lunch. All the girls that worked in the local restaurants knew him and made a fuss over him. I went to eat with him once when visiting and they made just as big a fuss over me, just because I was his daughter. I know that those waitresses and other staff that made him feel so welcome made his life a lot easier without my mom.

Bubby
November 23rd, 2012, 10:56 PM
My MIL had four sisters...each of her sisters and their respective husband died less than a month apart. Yes, Marilyn, God does work in mysterious ways and He finds the most interesting ways to bless his children. Hugs, Barb

alliek
November 23rd, 2012, 11:26 PM
And through His Grace, we are gifts to each other.

Monique
November 24th, 2012, 08:49 AM
It truly is a small world and I agree that God works in mysterious ways.

CrazyMtnLady
November 24th, 2012, 09:59 AM
How nice to have the families entwined in such a way. God is love and he shows us everyday in different small ways. We are not always paying attention, but it is there.

sewbizzy
November 24th, 2012, 11:03 AM
Thanks for sharing this touching story...it truly is a small world...