PDA

View Full Version : NOT ENOUGH ROOM????

RFREE
November 22nd, 2012, 09:13 PM
What do you do if you don't have enough room for all your Thanksgiving dinner guests? Set up 4 tables outside! yep that's what we did. The weather was absolutely beautiful so we thought why not! 21 family members,turkey,ham,and all the fixins was a huge success. We all had a great time. Lots of laughs(my family is always bull------ one another) so we have a real good time whenever we get together. I hope you all had a great day today.I am extremely thankful for my family,my freedom and all my wonderful friends here on the forum.God bless you all.
Hugs from KY
Rhonda

Gayle8675309
November 22nd, 2012, 09:15 PM
Sounds like you came up with a good plan Rhonda. Glad you had a good day with your family and friends.

Gayle

Sandy Navas
November 22nd, 2012, 09:57 PM
Right now we still have room at our table - a total of only 12 today. The girls helped with table settings, food prep and cooking. It was a truly fantastic day and while we had left-overs galore (most of which were sent home with the kids), I think there were more plates cleared of second helpings into the garbage . . . sad but true. I chased everyone out of the kitchen after they helped pick up, did the dishes and wiped the counter tops and cleaned things.

AND THEN I SAT DOWN WITH A MUCH-NEEDED ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGE (and another).

So much to be thankful for.

buckeyequilter
November 22nd, 2012, 10:29 PM
We only had 7 today but I was happy to see the grandkids eating. I think a couple must be getting thier growth spurts because they hit the veggie & cheese plates first then had 2 plates of food each and a couple of desserts - even the youngest went back for seconds. DH and I did the dishes and cleaned the kitchen after the kids left. DD had to work today and she just got home a little bit ago and ate leftovers.

My granddaughters are into some crafty stuff...one is making friendship bracelets and needed some floss (grandma had some and so of course I gave it to her), the other one is making some kind of duct tape bows and needed velcro (so of course grandma had that too). Grandma is now the proud owner of a friendship bracelet :)

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving day.

lilmouse
November 22nd, 2012, 11:03 PM
Happy for both of you.....I traveled up north to spend the holiday with my family on Monday and just got home a little while ago....so will be busy catching up...missed you guys something terrible.....but had a really great time with my grandkids.....we had a girls afternoon hitting some of the quilt shops in Green Bay...(nearest big town)...and we kept wondering why my 4 year old granddaughter had to check out every bathroom...she was busy admiring the quilts and wall hangings they all had displayed...we didn't catch on until I had to use the bathroom at the last quilt shop...and was it something...three wall hangings and they were awesome...called my daughter to come and see and we got a good laugh out of the whole thing!!! She (granddaughter) was way ahead of Mom and Grandma when it came to checking out all the wall art!

pcbatiks
November 22nd, 2012, 11:39 PM
Glad all of you had a great day........we did too and the weather was beautiful!

auntiemern
November 22nd, 2012, 11:46 PM
Sounds like everything worked out perfectly. We only had 9 this year. GK's were very good about eating their dinners so they could get to the desserts. Plenty of left overs (I always cook to much). DH was great helping me today. Good thing, cuz I woke up already whooped, and in full fibro flare. He did all the things that I just was not physically able to do. Bless his sweet heart. He did 90% of the clean up, before, during, and after. All is quiet now. DD is out doing the Black Friday thing, and I thought I would have the GK's over night, but Rhonda took them home with her for the week end. Love them to death, but with all that has been going on, I just about did myself in. Now I know I will have at least tomorrow to rest, before she is calling for me to meet her half way to pick them up. (they can be a handful) Hopefully not until Sunday. Now just need to get myself back in order.

Ginny B
November 23rd, 2012, 12:57 AM
Had a great day. We had 9 for dinner and then added 2 more for dessert time. Lots of laughing. :lol: Everyone left a little bit ago and then dh and I finished cleaning up. Now I am sitting here relaxing with my 2 sons and dh enjoying a relaxing glass of wine. Tomorrow dh and I have the day off so it will be a nice relaxing day. Saturday night we go see the Moody Blues (love them :))

So thankful for my family, freedom and all the little things around that make me smile. And thankful for this wonderful bunch of quilty friends.

Ginny B

New York Sue
November 23rd, 2012, 01:33 AM
WHEW. We are cleaned up! Sure helps to have a DH who is a clean/organizational freak!
I dismantled what was left of the turkey carcass, and he was in awe.
'Sure glad I married a Pennsylvania girl, and daughter of a hunter'...
Picked that sucker clean! (I'm thinking my pulled pork recipe, with a twist....)
And a couple of rounds of soup...WOOHOO!
What a GREAT day, hope yours was as well! So Thankful for my ALL of you! ;)

MayinJerset
November 23rd, 2012, 02:09 AM
We were only 5 but had a good time even if we did eat indoors. In the morning our son and his son, DGS, went to town's annual football game with next town, they went with several of son's old high school friends and their sons. DGD stayed home, none of her father's friends has teen sons so she wasn't interested. She helped me a bit but mostly made some jewelery for her and friends. Dinner are tasty, son made his corn casserole which everyone enjoyed. After dinner son and kids did a few chores for us and then everyone took a ride to check out the Hurrican Sandy's damage to nearby towns. Then time for football and dessert and a surprise phone call from DH's long lost brother. My knees are aching and I'm telling myself I'm never doing this again but I will = sharing with family can't be beat. May in Jersey

Sandy Navas
November 23rd, 2012, 11:04 AM
We only had 7 today but I was happy to see the grandkids eating. I think a couple must be getting thier growth spurts because they hit the veggie & cheese plates first then had 2 plates of food each and a couple of desserts - even the youngest went back for seconds. DH and I did the dishes and cleaned the kitchen after the kids left. DD had to work today and she just got home a little bit ago and ate leftovers.

My granddaughters are into some crafty stuff...one is making friendship bracelets and needed some floss (grandma had some and so of course I gave it to her), the other one is making some kind of duct tape bows and needed velcro (so of course grandma had that too). Grandma is now the proud owner of a friendship bracelet :)

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving day.

I love your craft-sharing stories. It so happens that I quite often get telephone calls that come through like, "Nana, do you have . . . ?" They use me just like a hobby/craft store . . . and I love it.

Sandy Navas
November 23rd, 2012, 11:05 AM
Happy for both of you.....I traveled up north to spend the holiday with my family on Monday and just got home a little while ago....so will be busy catching up...missed you guys something terrible.....but had a really great time with my grandkids.....we had a girls afternoon hitting some of the quilt shops in Green Bay...(nearest big town)...and we kept wondering why my 4 year old granddaughter had to check out every bathroom...she was busy admiring the quilts and wall hangings they all had displayed...we didn't catch on until I had to use the bathroom at the last quilt shop...and was it something...three wall hangings and they were awesome...called my daughter to come and see and we got a good laugh out of the whole thing!!! She (granddaughter) was way ahead of Mom and Grandma when it came to checking out all the wall art!

I always thought that every child under the age of 5 was a designated bathroom inspector . . .