PDA

View Full Version : Thank you for your prayers! -- Peruvian Missionary Update

Meli
November 22nd, 2012, 05:03 PM
Thank you all for your warm thoughts and prayers for our family and our missionary. Nate is far away from us, in the town of Ica, Peru, serving a 2 year mission for our church. He LOVES teaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ and has, quite literally, spent his entire life preparing for this. We could not be more proud.

He emailed us Monday with news that he had a kidney stone. On Tuesday, Jim called the Mission Home in Lima and spoke to the secretary, who informed him they were area of Nate's condition, and that the Mission President had traveled to Ica (about 3 - 5 hours away) to make sure he got the treatment and care he needed. Wednesday, I called the Mission Home and talked to the secretary, who indicated the President was still with Nate. He had been taken to a clinic where he had an ultrasound, which indicated the stone had passed. HOORAY! He'd been sent home with instructions on how to care for himself and, hopefully, prevent future stones.

DH is doing MUCH better now that he knows his boy is fine and not needing medical assistance in an uncertain environment.

Irony: DH has been getting kidney stones since he was about 19. He served his mission in Chile, and also had problems with kidney stones while he was there.

Happiest of Thanksgiving to all of you!

Meli

CrazyMtnLady
November 22nd, 2012, 07:39 PM
Glad to hear things are better. But will keep him in my prayers.

Winniesfriend
November 22nd, 2012, 07:54 PM
That is wonderful new, thank you for letting us know.

Monique
November 22nd, 2012, 08:54 PM
It truly is a day of things to be thankful for.

Gayle8675309
November 22nd, 2012, 09:00 PM
Meli, so happy to hear things have turned out well. Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

Gayle

Sandy Navas
November 22nd, 2012, 09:43 PM
I am sending prayers, still, and advice - both of your boys need some CRANBERRY juice on a regular basis. Wonder if Nate can get that in Peru? Kidney stones are the worst!! I sure pray he can get clean water and keep his water intake up high!!

pcbatiks
November 22nd, 2012, 11:42 PM
Great news........glad he's doing better!

HandsOffItsMine
November 22nd, 2012, 11:49 PM
Wonderful to hear that Nate is doing ok! Great thing to hear on Thanksgiving!! :)

auntiemern
November 22nd, 2012, 11:54 PM
So happy to hear that Nate is doing well. Another wonderful thing to be thankful for. Have to agree with Sandy though, the do need to drink cranberry juice daily if possible. If that is not an option there are cranberry supplements they can take.