PDA

View Full Version : Taking lots of breaks today

Koda
November 21st, 2012, 12:38 PM
I am working on a football themed quilt that has the team logos appliqued on it. For some reason, maybe the wine I had with dinner last night, I decided to free motion quilt around all the appliques - right in close to hide the quilting.

I am not a very big woman, (just make it past 5' on a good hair day) and my feet don't touch the floor when I sit on my diningroom chair (even with slippers) so wrestling this darn thing to stay on the diningroom table (which I apparently polish way too much so the quilt is like a curling stone on ice) and use the free motion feature is making me break out in a sweat. This is way too much like aerobics for my liking ...

Guess I will leave the forum open and climb down and out from under the quilt to take lots of breaks. Right now, I am thinking - quilter's dream table .... go buy the table ... and hydraulic chair. :D

I'll be back...time for round 3.
Namaste,
Koda

BellasQuilts
November 21st, 2012, 01:28 PM
LOL Koda! Cute story. Yes the FMQ is tough on the bod, short or tall. My shoulders always end up in my ears! Take your time and great idea on the breaks. Namaste!

Sandy Navas
November 21st, 2012, 02:19 PM
You are just too funny. I had this visual image and was smiling widely at your description.

Hope all goes well. We all need to break now and then, turn up the music and dance, loosen up those muscles.

Koda
November 21st, 2012, 02:44 PM
Whew... only four logos left. I like the way they "pop" off the fabric with the quilting so close to them so it is making the effort worth it.

I normally do have music playing and have been known to chair dance when sewing, much to the amusement of anyone walking by my diningroom, but the music makes me want to play the virtual piano - something that isn't well advised when the machine needle can be anywhere, anytime.

Instead, I decided I need a skilled massage therapist to loosen the knots. Sadly, the reality is, and I am not too proud to admit this - I will put my cat on my shoulders and sit in a recliner while she kneeds at my neck as I have a cup of tea and some toast.

Namaste,
Koda

toggpine
November 21st, 2012, 04:25 PM
How did you manage to train your cat?
You might be able to train a few more and subsidize your quilting hobby with the sale of "Massage Cats".

Just a thought.

Keep up the good work on your project!

kelliedi
November 21st, 2012, 05:53 PM
humans have learned massage from cats.... not the other way around..... just so ya know,,,, or so my cat says

HdWench
November 21st, 2012, 06:31 PM
:lol: ... Please DO teach one of my 4 cats that trick!!! Glad you are taking a break and that it is coming along pretty.

I am a fairly NEW to quilting so I'm lucky if I get the SID done "close enough" right now haha

Touched me as I ready your story and I do adore cats

bakermom
November 21st, 2012, 07:41 PM
neck massage cat? no, i have a cement shoes dog. she is always at or on my feet, all 90 lbs of her.:icon_rolleyes:

auntiemern
November 21st, 2012, 10:30 PM
You go girl, we know you can conquer this beast. I could use a massage right now too. :)

Koda
November 21st, 2012, 11:24 PM
neck massage cat? no, i have a cement shoes dog. she is always at or on my feet, all 90 lbs of her.:icon_rolleyes:

I had a Boxer like that once. "Pounding Paws" was her stage name in the ring. LOL.

Namaste,
Koda