PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Thanksgiving Wednesday

Monique
November 21st, 2012, 08:22 AM

To all my friends who are preparing food today, travelling somewhere or doing whatever in preparation for Thanksgiving, give thanks for all that you have (and I know that you do). Safe travels. Enjoy this time with your loved ones.

I got through yesterday just fine.

Got my sewing table back into the house. I need to re-organize that room. Got my package to the post office for the SS Christmas swap. I sure hope she likes what is in the box.

Work today so I need to get off of here and get ready.

Have a wonderful day friends. I think of you often throughout the day.

meemeecyn
November 21st, 2012, 08:30 AM
Good morning! Love your cartoons, Monique. Made me chuckle out loud. Imagine everyone is getting their cranberry relish, stuffing and pies finished! May you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving. I am so thankful for each and every one of you!
Cynthia

MRoy
November 21st, 2012, 09:03 AM
Great cartoons Monique! It's a work day for me then I'm off till Monday...Yay! Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Be blessed!

Lonna
November 21st, 2012, 09:29 AM
Good Morning all,

Happy pre Thanksgiving to all. I hope everyone is on schedule with there prep for tomorrow. Myself I am like Myrna have to work today and then off until Monday. This evening I need to get a Jello salad made and my father has requested a carrot salad so I will also need to get that done this evening then tomorrow will be stuffing and a dressing. Mom has the bird covered then Sue is cooking and extra bird so we can have left over turkey here at the house. Have a great day all I need to get out of here early this morning need to make a stop at Wal-mart on the way into work this morning. Make your day a great one!

buckeyequilter
November 21st, 2012, 09:39 AM
Good morning.....

DH is making pies today. Then tonight I will do whatever I can (salads, apple crisp etc). DH usually does the cooking but tomorrow I do the cooking.

We get off work early today...I am looking forward to 4 days off work. I better get busy...I hope everyone has a wonderful day. Prayers and hugs to all.

Bubby
November 21st, 2012, 10:23 AM
Good Morning,

When I think of everything I'm thankful for, M* and everyone who is part of our forum are near the top of my list. I wish everyone a wonderful Thanksgiving Day filled with family, friends, good food and laughter.
Barb

Jess1377
November 21st, 2012, 10:31 AM
LOL! The cartoons were so funny :) I have tons of baking and prepping to do today, per usual, I do all the cooking :icon_mooooh: . Today its pies, cornbread caserole, zuchinni bread, jell-o salad, and boiling eggs for deviled eggs (might make those day, maybe tomorrow). I also gotta make sure the turkey is thawed. :icon_confused:

Cathy F
November 21st, 2012, 10:41 AM
Morning all!

Monique, love the cartoon!

This morning I am trying to get all the prep work done that I can do in advance. Sweet potatoes are already in the oven baking for the sweet potato souffle, cream cheese out coming to room temp for the cheesecake that I'll bake after the sweet potatoes are done
, then some last minute cleaning and fresh linens on the bed in the guest room for my sister. Can't wait to enjoy the day with my family, and gives thanks for all our blessings this year. I wish each of you a Happy Thanksgiving in advance and hope you have a peaceful day with family and friends!

CrazyMtnLady
November 21st, 2012, 11:04 AM
Good Morning all. Love the cartoons.

I had no intentions of doing anything special for Thanksgiving other than giving Thanks! But we invited the guy from Florida over that is camping on his property across the street. Although the rifle Deer season ended yesterday he can't go back home yet due to the legal situation over the people cutting his trees. So he is coming over tomorrow. He even brought me a turkey yesterday. So today I will be thawing it in a sink of cold water, making the deviled eggs and pumpkin pie (now that I know to put equal amounts of vodka with the water I don't mind making the crusts) I cut my bread up yesterday to make croutons so I may season and get my dressing ready all but the eggs and broth. With no working oven I will be making my pies and everything I bake in a turkey roaster.....good thing I have two of them.
Can't wait till tomorrow. I love the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and the Dog Show that follows it. :)

Happy Thanksgiving.32345Don't eat too much!

GrammaBabs
November 21st, 2012, 11:17 AM
http://web.mail.comcast.net/zimbra/mail?view=msg&id=798680#3

Not sure if this will work,, sometimes my brain can only take so much,,,
BUT, this is the e-card i sent out to email friends... wanted to try to share with all of you....
If not.. sorry,,, but Hugs, Love and good eating, tomorrow... and forever!!!
Thank you all for being,, YOU!!! GB

MayinJerset
November 21st, 2012, 12:01 PM
Also doing Thanksgiving dinner prep work today, sweet potatoes, pies (frozen ones) and casseroles. Making a big pot of my verision of Italian Wedding Soup for tonight as DS#3 and kids wil be arriving around dinner time. Made a batch of 3 different cookies to put in fridge, that way the kids can help me make cookies on Friday without have a big flour mess. Friday everning we'll be at DS#2's house for dinner with rest of family. DS#1 will be there with his wife, we're especially thankful this year that her tumor is gone.
Bringing chocolate cake for DGD Josi's Bday and cookies kids and I made. Saturday everyone goes back home to Jersey, Mass. or CA and grandma gets to rest. May in Jersey

Claire Hallman
November 21st, 2012, 01:13 PM
I hope everyone here has a fantastic day tomorrow with family, friends,and good food.
I am also very thankful for all my sewing friends here and the Doan family that make this available.

BellasQuilts
November 21st, 2012, 01:19 PM
Have a wonderful day tomorrow and enjoy the time spent with friends and family. Please say a little prayer for my nephew. He has gone to San Francisco and is homeless. I had such a horrible feeling about him yesterday. We have not heard from him in weeks and yesterday out of the blue I just got a bad feeling for him; Mom did too. Please put him on your prayer list.

CrazyMtnLady
November 21st, 2012, 01:55 PM
Sounds yummy! I have been in the kitchen slaving away and have decided I want something CHOCOLATE.. so I think I will make a chocolate cake and decorate it. I always put leaves made out of pie crust on my pumpkin pie.. so I will make so frosting and decorate my cake with leaves too.

Sandy Navas
November 21st, 2012, 02:14 PM
Everyone is making me hungry, thankful, and very prayerful. Megan - I've had your nephew on my prayer list - it is so very painful when those we love the most are the ones we struggle to help because of the boundaries they have set. Al has a family member in a very similar situation and it hurts so much.

May each of our dear friends here have the most wonderful thanksgiving filled with the true meaning of the holiday.

shannonsaulter
November 21st, 2012, 02:19 PM
LOL love the two toons and since I am getting ready for my 1st mammogram it hits home...lol..Hope everyone has a great time with their loved ones I will be in prison doing my job tomorrow and on Christmas but look forward to next year when I get both holidays off..We will do breakfast since I wont be home..If we are lucky we will do something at work but we shall see.

Madeforyouinma11
November 21st, 2012, 02:42 PM
I also am prepping for tomorrow. My 25lbs turkey is not quite completely thawed, so in a cold water bath he goes. I will make a squash pie, pumpkin pie, chocolate cream pie and get my apples ready for apple crisp. I don't bake that until after turkey comes out of the oven tomorrow. I need to peel all my veggies and get my stuffing made so it will be cold before I put in the bird and also get my dressing made. Wow, I'm tired just writing it all down! I like to get as much done today as I can so I can relax and enjoy the day tomorrow. We have a late afternoon dinner as hubby will go into work at 5:15 this afternoon and work until 8:30 tomorrow morning. He will sleep and then we will eat. DD#1 and SIL won't be here til mid afternoon as they spend time with his family before coming here. DD#2 and her hubby live here so we will just hang out. Looking forward to all of it and very thankful that we are all going to be together. My son is in Florida with his dad and grandparents so thankful that he will also have a good day.
I am thankful for so many things and find myself thinking of those that are not as fortunate. I pray for them that they will be kept safe from any harm, and I pray for anyone who is ill or recovering that they may have the strength to continue to heal.
Wishing everyone a Safe and Happy Thanksgiving!

nana margaret
November 21st, 2012, 04:39 PM
I can totally relate to that second cartoon, that's exactly how it feels, especially when you're quite well endowed!! Can I just wish all my new American friends a very happy Thanksgiving day tomorrow, I'm now absolutely starving hungry reading about all your preparations, please spare a thought for us "foreigners" when you're chomping on your drumsticks, roll on Christmas!:icon_bigsmile:

aliaslaceygreen
November 21st, 2012, 05:04 PM
I am back from my early work day...have a bunch of laundry and such, and then will prep the stuffing, my contribution to dinner tomorrow that I will miss so I can be at work! :icon_umpf: Stupid stores opening on holidays. Sigh...

Jean Sewing Machine
November 21st, 2012, 05:42 PM
Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving, whether you are cooking or not, relaxing or working. We have family members who in retail, so the ever enlarging Black Friday sales extravaganza affects some. I'm cooking the turkey and veggies. Others are doing the mashed potatoes, dressing and desserts. Got most of the cleaning done over the weekend. It's not perfect, but passable. Still have some things to do to spruce up the place, so I guess I'll get it done before the guests arrive.